Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,193 members, 7,811,501 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:12 PM

How Texas Cold Turned My Water To Ice On Christmas Eve - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Texas Cold Turned My Water To Ice On Christmas Eve (47423 Views)

Maiduguri 45°c: Fire Service Sprays Cool Water To Mitigate The Harsh Weather / Onitsha Bridge On Christmas Day: Slowdog Shocked At What He Saw: Pics & Video / Man, Wife And Three Kids Burnt To Death In Fatal Accident On Christmas Day (Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Texas Cold Turned My Water To Ice On Christmas Eve by id4sho(m): 6:22pm On Dec 26, 2022
Rolings:

You mean it cant form snow?....cos i habe witnessed ice rain in jos before. No snow but ice do form in Jos especially when its raining
Read the topic again, ice hails falls frequently in Jos during the raining season but water at ground level can't freeze. Ice hails of this year was the biggest I've seen. Cheers
Re: How Texas Cold Turned My Water To Ice On Christmas Eve by wolverine78: 6:23pm On Dec 26, 2022
What part of TX do you live that you are getting - Temp. Are you talking in F or C. I live in TX and the coldest it got was in the single digits. Single digits is still below freezing and of course the water in the bottle will freeze over. TX cold weather is infrequent, but it's still WINTER it is supposed to be cold. It ain't like it's Florida or California. Stop making it look like a BIG deal. It's WINTER of course it will get cold. Tell me something I don't already know.
Re: How Texas Cold Turned My Water To Ice On Christmas Eve by PotatoSalad(m): 6:23pm On Dec 26, 2022
NOETHNICITY:
How can we be sure she didn’t put it in the fridge
People do things to thread this days
Try to dey travel bro.
No dey limit yourself my bro. Na friendly advice
Re: How Texas Cold Turned My Water To Ice On Christmas Eve by BunmiBie: 6:42pm On Dec 26, 2022
Richy4:
I thought Texas is one of the warmest part of US.. -7° is not really warm smiley
Just wondering what the temperature in some coldest part like Alaska will be registering..

I am in Texas and we experienced -13 few days ago

1 Like

Re: How Texas Cold Turned My Water To Ice On Christmas Eve by NOETHNICITY(m): 7:13pm On Dec 26, 2022
PotatoSalad:

Try to dey travel bro.
No dey limit yourself my bro. Na friendly advice
I understand bro, but you don travel out before?
Re: How Texas Cold Turned My Water To Ice On Christmas Eve by PotatoSalad(m): 7:37pm On Dec 26, 2022
NOETHNICITY:
I understand bro, but you don travel out before?
Sure. Multiple times. All thanks to my job.
Re: How Texas Cold Turned My Water To Ice On Christmas Eve by funsho75(m): 7:47pm On Dec 26, 2022
chiedozie198100:

Yes I'm ready

actually this it is a very nice project and idea, but the major issues is with your UI and your color profile.

you need to do more UI reseach and

color are ment to seperate task, emosion etc.

and your background need to be plain or if you put an image under... the visibilty of the image should be less than 5%

button shoul have colors not gray...

your font should pass massage,
header and descriptions should not have the same font size...

also a group of font should have different font hight spacing from another group.. so when you are reading you no wen a perticular message ends...

but it a good start.
Re: How Texas Cold Turned My Water To Ice On Christmas Eve by wealthgoddess: 7:54pm On Dec 26, 2022
Ray07:
They people there are super humans. grin
They witness summer for 2 months I think. The rest na fridge things. grin
Putting a five litre bottle of water by my window inside the room will freeze in about three minutes. Inside not outside!
Re: How Texas Cold Turned My Water To Ice On Christmas Eve by Iamzik: 7:58pm On Dec 26, 2022
Eriokanmi:
....and that illiterate Trump once said climate change was a hoax. How he won his first term election remains a mystery. If not the leadership problems we face in Nigeria, our country is the best place to live on earth.

Yes it's a hoax. Climate has never been static....that's why it's called climate....it changes and there is nothing you can do to stop it

Ban fossil fuel and force everyone to trek climate will keep changing. How is it very difficult for y'all to understand?
Re: How Texas Cold Turned My Water To Ice On Christmas Eve by Iamzik: 8:08pm On Dec 26, 2022
wolverine78:
What part of TX do you live that you are getting - Temp. Are you talking in F or C. I live in TX and the coldest it got was in the single digits. Single digits is still below freezing and of course the water in the bottle will freeze over. TX cold weather is infrequent, but it's still WINTER it is supposed to be cold. It ain't like it's Florida or California. Stop making it look like a BIG deal. It's WINTER of course it will get cold. Tell me something I don't already know.

God bless you for this post. These climate alarmists just want to get everyone worked up with their sensational headlines.

Climate have been changing for centuries before we were here and it will keep changing no matter what you do.

Can we work towards cleaner energy/energy efficiency? Yes
Can we stop climate change by banning fossil fuel or legislating green energy? No

I laugh at the arrogance of people who think that the planet will get warmer or colder by legislation, carbon tax and other nonsensical political movements

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Texas Cold Turned My Water To Ice On Christmas Eve by Eriokanmi: 8:18pm On Dec 26, 2022
Iamzik:

Yes it's a hoax. Climate has never been static....that's why it's called climate....it changes and there is nothing you can do to stop it

Ban fossil fuel and force everyone to trek climate will keep changing. How is it very difficult for y'all to understand?
The flooding we witnessed in Nigeria this year had never happened before. E reach lagos sef, ogun too.
It was raining uncontrollably for days. My old father said he had never seen it this day. Some myopic minds said it was because of the dam that was opened in Cameroun that cased it yet, places in the north that are land locked experienced flooding , ogun state flooding was huge. Oyo and ekiti weren't left out . Are all these states located along the coastal lines too? Only illiterates will be on Trumps side
Re: How Texas Cold Turned My Water To Ice On Christmas Eve by Jennifer89(f): 8:34pm On Dec 26, 2022
Abizz:
Go to Jos.

Which cold dey Jos? Can the cold form ice? Don't compare abg. After the cold it gets sunny in the afternoon.
Re: How Texas Cold Turned My Water To Ice On Christmas Eve by abdullahi45: 8:39pm On Dec 26, 2022
priceactionx:

Vancouver was like -10 degree Celsius few days ago. Indoor things.

Some places in the continental US experienced -30C, not even Alaska..
Re: How Texas Cold Turned My Water To Ice On Christmas Eve by ariesbull: 9:09pm On Dec 26, 2022
Eriokanmi:
....and that illiterate Trump once said climate change was a hoax. How he won his first term election remains a mystery. If not the leadership problems we face in Nigeria, our country is the best place to live on earth.
leave Trump...focus on JAGABAND that said that for us to agree with Climate change they should give us money
Re: How Texas Cold Turned My Water To Ice On Christmas Eve by Mummyimbecile(m): 9:25pm On Dec 26, 2022
The weather just dey make man sick. Damn cold.
Re: How Texas Cold Turned My Water To Ice On Christmas Eve by chiedozie198100: 9:28pm On Dec 26, 2022
funsho75:

actually this it is a very nice project and idea, but the major issues is with your UI and your color profile.

you need to do more UI reseach and

color are ment to seperate task, emosion etc.

and your background need to be plain or if you put an image under... the visibilty of the image should be less than 5%

button shoul have colors not gray...

your font should pass massage,
header and descriptions should not have the same font size...

also a group of font should have different font hight spacing from another group.. so when you are reading you no wen a perticular message ends...

but it a good start.

I really appreciate your critique.
I'm still learning about UI.

Thanks.

**Please do share to others.

1 Like

Re: How Texas Cold Turned My Water To Ice On Christmas Eve by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:39pm On Dec 26, 2022
PotatoSalad:

Sure. Multiple times. All thanks to my job.
Ok, I understand
I’ve resolved that this coming year, God willing I’ll travel out to a minimum of two different countries
Re: How Texas Cold Turned My Water To Ice On Christmas Eve by GaddafiPablo(m): 10:19pm On Dec 26, 2022
Me na just the girl voice just turn me off while watching the video sha
Re: How Texas Cold Turned My Water To Ice On Christmas Eve by Gandrova: 10:22pm On Dec 26, 2022
Eriokanmi:
You are perfectly correct.
Re: How Texas Cold Turned My Water To Ice On Christmas Eve by PotatoSalad(m): 10:25pm On Dec 26, 2022
NOETHNICITY:
Ok, I understand
I’ve resolved that this coming year, God willing I’ll travel out to a minimum of two different countries
Traveling is best form of experience

1 Like

Re: How Texas Cold Turned My Water To Ice On Christmas Eve by Bankowner: 10:34pm On Dec 26, 2022
Fuel does not freeze out.
Hier:

Does fuel also freeze out?

1 Like

Re: How Texas Cold Turned My Water To Ice On Christmas Eve by Bankowner: 10:38pm On Dec 26, 2022
Google what is referred to as frostbite bro! You don't want to experience it.

SenatePresdo:

Regardless, I still feel intense cold is still better than the intense hotness of Desert areas like Sahara..
Re: How Texas Cold Turned My Water To Ice On Christmas Eve by Codes151(m): 11:55pm On Dec 26, 2022
Guys this is fucking annoying.
Dear immigrant. Stop making a fool of your self.

Tired of all this embarrassing clout chasing
Re: How Texas Cold Turned My Water To Ice On Christmas Eve by jaxxy(m): 12:21am On Dec 27, 2022
Lol its basically science.
Re: How Texas Cold Turned My Water To Ice On Christmas Eve by SlyFoxxProblem: 3:54am On Dec 27, 2022
Emoc:

The problem is that fake news media always creates hysteria to bend the masses to the plans of globalists.

In the 70's they claimed there was global cooling, today it is global warming. cheesy
Mumu pepo.

Western fake news media are terrible liars & deceivers. Don't believe everything western fake news media tells you.

Global warming remains the fakest sh!t these globalists have come up with so far.

Stay tuned.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_cooling

When things like this happen they will say it’s weather not climate and call you an illiterate for not knowing the difference grin
Re: How Texas Cold Turned My Water To Ice On Christmas Eve by SlyFoxxProblem: 3:56am On Dec 27, 2022
Eriokanmi:

Climate change or “global warming” in the way they talk about it would mean that something like this shouldn’t be happening. So I’m not sure you know what you’re saying.
Re: How Texas Cold Turned My Water To Ice On Christmas Eve by SlyFoxxProblem: 4:04am On Dec 27, 2022
Eriokanmi:
He said climate change is fake. He said this in Paris...global warming is as result of climate change, same as the never-seen-before winter you mentioned. Did you read about the never-seen-before heatwaves that erupted in Europe this year? Spain was worse hit. That's as a result of climate change as well. He even claimed those changes in climate had taken place years before. But after the meteors checked his claim, they were found to be false.

Trump is simply an illiterate

Re: How Texas Cold Turned My Water To Ice On Christmas Eve by SlyFoxxProblem: 4:22am On Dec 27, 2022
Eriokanmi:
He said climate change is fake. He said this in Paris...global warming is as result of climate change, same as the never-seen-before winter you mentioned. Did you read about the never-seen-before heatwaves that erupted in Europe this year? Spain was worse hit. That's as a result of climate change as well. He even claimed those changes in climate had taken place years before. But after the meteors checked his claim, they were found to be false.

Trump is simply an illiterate

If the climate is getting warmer then why do we keep seeing record winters in arctic countries year after year? You people will say that is “weather not climate” and call us illiterates but it keeps happening every year. Even in the tropics, I’m in Nigeria right now and the weather is damn cold, one of the harshest harmattan’s I have experienced in a while. So is the climate getting warmer or colder?

You climate change grifters can never even get your stories straight. If you don’t even know about the multi-billion dollar grift machine that is the global climate change syndicate then perhaps you’re not as educated or informed as you think yourself. You simply toe the line of whatever the establishment media tells you is the “educated” position on any issue.

Grifters like Al Gore and John Kerry have become billionaires lecturing us and lobbying western governments to enact strict “climate change prevention laws” that affect the lives and comfort of everyday citizens while they fly around on private jets themselves not giving a toss about their “carbon footprints”.

China and other enemies of America are the biggest financiers of people like this because they want western governments to pass harsh climate laws in their own country and hamstring their domestic energy production while china itself keeps industrializing. You think china was abiding by the terms of the bullshit Paris accord? Hahahahaha. Trump was one of the few people who recognized the whole thing was bullshit and a giant bureaucratic grift that was weakening America’s strategic positioning and strengthening that of its enemies which is why he pulled out of the Paris accords.

He may not be the most articulate but that man had common sense and acute political instincts like no other. That’s how he won his first term for people like you that keep “wondering”

Oh and by the way he is a graduate of the Wharton business school so by definition he is NOT an illiterate.

Re: How Texas Cold Turned My Water To Ice On Christmas Eve by Temas: 4:49am On Dec 27, 2022
Kamloops British Columbia Canada.

Re: How Texas Cold Turned My Water To Ice On Christmas Eve by Probz(m): 5:14am On Dec 27, 2022
rexmozee0167:
This is getting bad year in year out

It goes against t’general world-trend of global warming.
Re: How Texas Cold Turned My Water To Ice On Christmas Eve by deepwater(f): 5:55am On Dec 27, 2022
Richy4:

Yea the global warming crusade should be taken seriously around the world...
I don't even want to imagine how the homeless were feeling in that low temperature sad

They would take them to shelter at extreme temperatures.
However, homeless dey collect warm for public places like malls and eatery. At night they can also stay in heated bus stop sheds.

Last last the cold go still touch u anywhere u dey for cold country even inside house

1 Like

Re: How Texas Cold Turned My Water To Ice On Christmas Eve by deepwater(f): 5:56am On Dec 27, 2022
post=119425163:
Wow!
That must be some cold!
This happens in Jos sometimes also

No way in this life time.
Water cam only freeze at subzero temp!
Go school u no gree u say na vulture u wan dey sell

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fresh Crisis Brews In South Africa As Nigerians Get Eviction Threat / Check Out The $12,250 A Night Underwater Suite Review By Jaaruma / World's Happiest Countries For 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.