Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,117 members, 7,863,889 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 08:27 AM

PDP Threatens Sanctions As G-5 Governors Meet Tinubu In UK - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Threatens Sanctions As G-5 Governors Meet Tinubu In UK (27048 Views)

Widening Crack: PDP Appeals To Jonathan To Wade In As G-5 Govs Shun Rally / PDP Threatens To Expose Obasanjo Over Comment On Atiku / PDP Threatens To Pull Out Of Peace Accord Over El-rufai’s Comment, Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP Threatens Sanctions As G-5 Governors Meet Tinubu In UK by Goalgetter23(m): 9:12am On Dec 29, 2022
LegendHero:
I lowkey don’t want them to endorse Tinubu self. It’s not really good for the optics.

—In Oyo, with our without Makinde, Jagaban will clear the votes.

—In Rivers, we have some Jagaban loyalist like Abe, Tonye, and Amaechi. They should be able to mobilize some votes like they did for Buhari in 2019 where he got 30% of Rivers vote. Jagaban can negotiate with Wike ALONE to give some conceding so APC can get the neccessary 25% in Rivers.

—Enugu and Abia won’t still vote APC much with or without their governor endorsing Tinubu.

—Ortom is finished in Benue. Father Alia has more clout than him and it’s better Jagaban invest more in Father than wasting time with a failure like Ortom.

I will rather Jagaban leave the G-5 to support anyone they want to support. Just negotiate with Wike alone to give 25% in Rivers and tone down the vote. Wike will already send out fire to kill Atiku chance in Rivers so Jagaban don’t need to waste resources.

However, Atiku might use the G-5 endorsement against Tinubu in the North to curry sentiment against him. It’s dicey, but I will always trust Tinubu decision because he is a thorough bred politician.

Too much sense won't kill you my brother, what a nice and realistic analysis. I concur with your detailed analysis. I would just add a little more points.

If the Muslim - Muslim ticket wasn't in the offing, Tinubu wouldn't have needed their support, but with a M-M ticket, he'll likely lose some traditional votes, that's why he has to look for additional votes elsewhere to cushion the effect & balance those reduced votes from majority xtian states.

The G-5 would prefer to support Obi, but the delimma here is the fact that any candidate they support must win, in consideration for their own political survival.

Even if they return to PDP & Atiku wins, they ll do everything to frustrate them out of PDP still. They have done much damage to Atiku's election already.

Should they decide to work for Tinubu, it should be secretive and not open endorsement cux the North might take up the sentiments as southern gang up.

Above all, Tinubu has more work to do, he has to cross the dots & tick every marks. It's needed.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Threatens Sanctions As G-5 Governors Meet Tinubu In UK by Abassmt: 9:13am On Dec 29, 2022
Didi2d:

I had same thought when I saw the topic, Atiku might use the G-5 endorsement for Tinubu against Tinubu during this time of campaign in the north.
Even me too, but I still believe they will work for him underground and they will endorse Peter Obi.
Re: PDP Threatens Sanctions As G-5 Governors Meet Tinubu In UK by Nicenixon: 9:17am On Dec 29, 2022
Something is about to go down
Re: PDP Threatens Sanctions As G-5 Governors Meet Tinubu In UK by Nobody: 9:20am On Dec 29, 2022
dplordx:
I tot the IPOB wing of nairaland said these guys are endorsing Obituary. The way Obi and his thugs fling around falsehood, hehehe, the way these guys eyes go clear for February, anyways, Obi will win SE. that’s all he’s going to accomplish and then he will disappear forever

cheesy grin grin
Re: PDP Threatens Sanctions As G-5 Governors Meet Tinubu In UK by Nicenixon: 9:23am On Dec 29, 2022
Atiku is reaping what he sow, that man is a master defector and betrayal.
Re: PDP Threatens Sanctions As G-5 Governors Meet Tinubu In UK by Abassmt: 9:25am On Dec 29, 2022
Osibajo2023:
it is the turn of the south, even Northerners are fighting for same course
Yes, huge percentage of northerners are fighting for Power to come to the South. I witnessed it on Saturday when I was in Gambia P/H, we saw many northerners arguing among thierself about Tinubu and Atiku and I was surprised when my wife who understand hausa language translate to me that majority of them are supporting Tinubu while some of them are not supporting Tinubu calling him common Berribe.
Re: PDP Threatens Sanctions As G-5 Governors Meet Tinubu In UK by BigDick70inch(m): 9:41am On Dec 29, 2022
Musauzor:
Endorsement that does not make any difference. Ortom will come here to tell me to vote for the BATstard or Wike will tell Rivers residents to vote him too after the APC government have subjected them to untold hardship of the highest order

Oga dey reason well nah......

They don't have to tell u who to vote.....they could easily permutate votes in their diff state .....
Re: PDP Threatens Sanctions As G-5 Governors Meet Tinubu In UK by Codes151(m): 9:43am On Dec 29, 2022
Who is pdp?
G5 is pdp.

Pdp was held strong by south.
The thieves ruined the party and left to support pmb.

After this classical failure of PMP. They come back to talk ?

Who is pdp. Rubbish
Re: PDP Threatens Sanctions As G-5 Governors Meet Tinubu In UK by Codes151(m): 9:44am On Dec 29, 2022
Abassmt:
Yes, huge percentage of northerners are fighting for Power to come to the South. I witnessed it on Saturday when I was in Gambia P/H, we saw many northerners arguing among thierself about Tinubu and Atiku and I was surprised when my wife who understand hausa language translate to me that majority of them are supporting Tinubu while some of them are not supporting Tinubu calling him common Berribe.
stop deceiving yourself.
These ppl are not trust worthy.
Re: PDP Threatens Sanctions As G-5 Governors Meet Tinubu In UK by kmaster007: 9:56am On Dec 29, 2022
Jagaban hv is last card... The man no politics no be small...
Re: PDP Threatens Sanctions As G-5 Governors Meet Tinubu In UK by blueAgent(m): 9:57am On Dec 29, 2022
Musauzor:
Endorsement that does not make any difference. Ortom will come here to tell me to vote for the BATstard or Wike will tell Rivers residents to vote him too after the APC government have subjected them to untold hardship of the highest order

You dey mind the fools?
After all the endorsement, Thiefnupoo would still loss.

God hand dey the matter.

1 Like

Re: PDP Threatens Sanctions As G-5 Governors Meet Tinubu In UK by LegendHero(m): 10:01am On Dec 29, 2022
Goalgetter23:

Too much sense won't kill you my brother, what a nice and realistic analysis. I concur with your detailed analysis. I would just add a little more points.

If the Muslim - Muslim ticket wasn't in the offing, Tinubu wouldn't have needed their support, but with a M-M ticket, he'll likely lose some traditional votes, that's why he has to look for additional votes elsewhere to cushion the effect & balance those reduced votes from majority xtian states.

The G-5 would prefer to support Obi, but the delimma here is the fact that any candidate they support must win, in consideration for their own political survival.

Even if they return to PDP & Atiku wins, they ll do everything to frustrate them out of PDP still. They have done much damage to Atiku's election already.

Should they decide to work for Tinubu, it should be secretive and not open endorsement cux the North might take up the sentiments as southern gang up.

Above all, Tinubu has more work to do, he has to cross the dots & tick every marks. It's needed.

You are very correct. I also agree to the bolded statement.

The person the G5 submit must win at all cost OR else that will signal their political demise because if the person they support do not win, then that automatically mean Atiku might win.

The two people that can actually win election is Tinubu and Atiku. Even if G5 support Peter Obi, they still won’t be able to win because the numbers don’t add up.

1 Like

Re: PDP Threatens Sanctions As G-5 Governors Meet Tinubu In UK by blueAgent(m): 10:01am On Dec 29, 2022
Banhammy717:
Congratulations to His Excellency, President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, GCFR.

TINUBU'S CAMP
1. Almighty God
2. 17 Northern APC governors
3. 4 South West governors.
4. 2 South East governors.
5. G5 PDP governors.
6. Presidency
7. Masses.
8. Almighty God.

Ceteris Paribus

Keep fooling yourself.
Re: PDP Threatens Sanctions As G-5 Governors Meet Tinubu In UK by drlateef: 10:01am On Dec 29, 2022
nairalee:
G5 governors should be pacified at all cost if Atiku really wants to win

I am the only one who doesn't understand why Atiku would ignore G5 just to please Ayu

It is a divine design to prevent Atiku from disturbing Tinubu’s victory.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP Threatens Sanctions As G-5 Governors Meet Tinubu In UK by LegendHero(m): 10:04am On Dec 29, 2022
Gunayo:
He is destined not to be President of Nigeria. How will you snub Wike for Okowa just because of some flimsy excuses from some northern cabals. If l were him l would have picked Wike as my vice and be the president of the country and later put in some modalities in place to checkmate him than finding himself in this predicament.
The moment he jettisoned Wike for Okowa, many PDP supporters became Obidient including myself.

I think Atiku miscalculated. He thought Wike will budge but it seems Wike second name is trouble.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Threatens Sanctions As G-5 Governors Meet Tinubu In UK by Gunayo(m): 10:06am On Dec 29, 2022
LegendHero:

I think Atiku miscalculated. He thought Wike will budge but it seems Wike second name is trouble.
I tell you. Wike the wicked
Re: PDP Threatens Sanctions As G-5 Governors Meet Tinubu In UK by MrALIVE: 10:06am On Dec 29, 2022
Only a political novice will believe that G5 will support Tinubu...a very daft novice at that.
Re: PDP Threatens Sanctions As G-5 Governors Meet Tinubu In UK by AlphaWolf27: 10:07am On Dec 29, 2022
So, these clowns don't have state to run. Using taxpayers' money and time to be galivanting in UK. What stops them from having their meeting in Nigeria or even virtual. We are not serious yet. Please note I am neither a supporter of PDP nor the G5. It's just common sense.
Re: PDP Threatens Sanctions As G-5 Governors Meet Tinubu In UK by Bottomofpussy(m): 10:14am On Dec 29, 2022
LegendHero:
I lowkey don’t want them to endorse Tinubu self. It’s not really good for the optics.

—In Rivers, we have some Jagaban loyalist like Abe, Tonye, and Amaechi. They should be able to mobilize some votes like they did for Buhari in 2019 where he got 30% of Rivers vote. Jagaban can negotiate with Wike ALONE to give some conceding so APC can get the neccessary 25% in Rivers.

—Enugu and Abia won’t still vote APC much with or without their governor endorsing Tinubu.

—Ortom is finished in Benue. Father Alia has more clout than him and it’s better Jagaban invest more in Father than wasting time with a failure like Ortom.

I will rather Jagaban leave the G-5 to support anyone they want to support. Just negotiate with Wike alone to give 25% in Rivers and tone down the vote. Wike will already send out fire to kill Atiku chance in Rivers so Jagaban don’t need to waste resources.

However, Atiku might use the G-5 endorsement against Tinubu in the North to curry sentiment against him. It’s dicey, but I will always trust Tinubu decision because he is a thorough bred politician.
you have analysed so well like a good political analyst without been sentimental and biased even if you support a particular candidate.....I have told many that tinubu should not waste his time about the G5 endorsement, he should bother only about Rivers vote, he should try and get wike on his side, with wikes endorsement of tinubu, he is sure of getting 30 to 35percent vote in Rivers State..... tinubu should forget about the remaining four governor's, with or without there endorsement, the voters there have decided on who to vote for.....Atiku actually disssapointed me, he acted like a baby politician, he allowed pdp crises to linger to this point, I believe so many people have been advising him wrongly....one thing I know for sure is that the next president will have a whole lot of work to do, it will never be easy for the person

2 Likes

Re: PDP Threatens Sanctions As G-5 Governors Meet Tinubu In UK by baretalk: 10:30am On Dec 29, 2022
Tinubu for president, everybody agrees Tinubu is a worker, a performer, the testimonials are there.
Re: PDP Threatens Sanctions As G-5 Governors Meet Tinubu In UK by BlackKafka: 10:37am On Dec 29, 2022
vengertime:

Put your head in Oyo make Auxiliary catch una. APC urchins

I'm indifferent about who wins the presidency, but comments like this indicate that Nigerians don't really understand or even like democracy if its not on their own terms, otherwise:
- Why would anyone justify the use of thugs whether in Lagos, Oyo, Edo or Rivers in threatening political opponents?
- Why would anyone justify what Wike is doing to intimidate and assault supporters of Atiku in Rivers?
- Why would anyone justify Obaseki not allowing lawfully elected law-makers from assuming their posts in Edo?
- Why would anyone justify Buhari ignoring numerous court judgements cos He doesn't like the ruling?
- Why would anyone justify Tinubu telling his supporters to snatch and grab power by any means?

Then all of us would still gather in different forums to bemoan bad governance . . .
Re: PDP Threatens Sanctions As G-5 Governors Meet Tinubu In UK by saysugar(m): 11:52am On Dec 29, 2022
Gunayo:
No spiritual forces are dealing with him. It is him that is dealing with himself. He is banking on the northern votes not knowing that Kwankwaso, Tinubu and even Obi will get substantial votes over there.
correct fact,he wants to prove to us he owns north and north will decide president,in as much APC candidate is not north man he is so confident,he really cherish South's in the last election with buhari nah

1 Like

Re: PDP Threatens Sanctions As G-5 Governors Meet Tinubu In UK by saysugar(m): 12:07pm On Dec 29, 2022
What am sure of is ,major defect will decide the next president,I suspect kwankwanso to change the game grin grin atiku will do anything to plea kwankwanso support! But I still believe shetima lawan zulum is not joke in NE kastina/kaduna/kebbi is locked buharis
Re: PDP Threatens Sanctions As G-5 Governors Meet Tinubu In UK by Gunayo(m): 12:22pm On Dec 29, 2022
saysugar:
correct fact,he wants to prove to us he owns north and north will decide president,in as much APC candidate is not north man he is so confident,he really cherish South's in the last election with buhari nah
Don't mind him. E go clear for his eyes after election.
Re: PDP Threatens Sanctions As G-5 Governors Meet Tinubu In UK by jay169: 12:48pm On Dec 29, 2022
"the governors were in the UK on vacation." Wonderful.
Re: PDP Threatens Sanctions As G-5 Governors Meet Tinubu In UK by KingOfAmebo(m): 1:57pm On Dec 29, 2022
LegendHero:

Keep dreaming in fools paradise.

Re: PDP Threatens Sanctions As G-5 Governors Meet Tinubu In UK by vengertime: 3:22pm On Dec 29, 2022
BlackKafka:

I'm indifferent about who wins the presidency, but comments like this indicate that Nigerians don't really understand or even like democracy if its not on their own terms, otherwise:
- Why would anyone justify the use of thugs whether in Lagos, Oyo, Edo or Rivers in threatening political opponents?
- Why would anyone justify what Wike is doing to intimidate and assault supporters of Atiku in Rivers?
- Why would anyone justify Obaseki not allowing lawfully elected law-makers from assuming their posts in Edo?
- Why would anyone justify Buhari ignoring numerous court judgements cos He doesn't like the ruling?

Then all of us would still gather in different forums to bemoan bad governance . . .

You forgot to ask why will Tinubu tell his supporters to snatch and grab power by any means. And you expect people to sleep and watch them succeed Abi?
Re: PDP Threatens Sanctions As G-5 Governors Meet Tinubu In UK by Kapeter(m): 5:57pm On Dec 29, 2022
LegendHero:

At the end bro, Wike will be out of Rivers State government house and that will be all for him but Atiku will continue to grow. Wike just dey overdo just because he's in power and even at that I bet he can barely do anything to hurt Atikus presidency campaign honestly. PDP will continue to have loyal supporters across the SS regardless of which leader is in power with them or not. Former governor of Akwa Ibom is a typical example. The people across that region just love PDP for no reason fa.
Re: PDP Threatens Sanctions As G-5 Governors Meet Tinubu In UK by Banhammy717: 8:53pm On Dec 29, 2022
blueAgent:

Keep fooling yourself.
It's too transparent for you to ignore.

I never meant to hurt you
Re: PDP Threatens Sanctions As G-5 Governors Meet Tinubu In UK by BlackKafka: 9:22pm On Dec 29, 2022
vengertime:

You forgot to ask why will Tinubu tell his supporters to snatch and grab power by any means. And you expect people to sleep and watch them succeed Abi?

Modified. Happy now?
Re: PDP Threatens Sanctions As G-5 Governors Meet Tinubu In UK by blueAgent(m): 9:48am On Dec 30, 2022
Banhammy717:

It's too transparent for you to ignore.

I never meant to hurt you

You hurt yourself, not me.

When you vote and support a corrupt and incompetent man.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

God Hasn't Spoken On Nigeria’s Next President - Adeboye / Muhammed Danasabe Slumps, Dies, Hours To Kogi Election / APC Will Slash Tariffs On Imported Cars -osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.