Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,795 members, 7,810,070 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:57 PM

We Now Know Boko Haram's Sponsors – GEJ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Now Know Boko Haram's Sponsors – GEJ (15935 Views)

We Have Clues On Boko Haram Sponsors - Nigerian Army / Nigerians Will Now Know Who Tinubu Is / Arthur Nzeribe's Sickness: I Guess He'll Now Know That He Is Human After All (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Now Know Boko Haram's Sponsors – GEJ by Kizilala: 9:16pm On Sep 02, 2011
[size=13pt]We now know bombers, sponsors –FG [/size]

• They’ll be arrested soon
From UBONG UKPONG, Abuja
Saturday, September 03, 2011

Photo: Sun News Publishing
More Stories on This Section
The Federal Government has sensationally disclosed that it now has strong evidence on the identity of those involved in the recurrent bomb attacks across the country.  Following this, President Goodluck Jonathan has given an express order to security agencies to go after these terrorists and their sponsors, staing that they were testing his resolve to deal decisively with them.

Speaking, in Abuja, yesterday, while launching the new national driver’s license and number plates, facilitated by the Federal Road Safety Commission (FRSC), Jonathan expressed regrets that since October 1, 2010, terrorists group have consistently detonated bombs in parts of the country and inflicted the nation and its citizens with undeserved and untold sufferings, pains and sorrows.

He said he was provoked by the last week Friday’s bombing of the United Nations House in Abuja, and has, therefore, resolved to place the terrorists and their sponsors where they belong.

Consequent upon this, Jonathan said he had already mapped out strategies and was turning the edge of his sword to crush all those who have sworn to destabilise and divide the nation under his leadership.

Said Jonathan: “Today’s launch has acquired greatest significance, following last Friday’s unprovoked attack, which led to the loss of lives and has left, in history, gory images for the threat terrorism now poses to the peace and security of our nation and the safety of our citizens. Since the last bombing and the October1, 2010, I had directed the hastening of efforts to build a credible database of drivers and vehicles in order to improve public safety. The importance of this project is reaffirmed by the consistence use of vehicles in the conduct of the recent bombing episodes.

“Let me use this occasion to reassure Nigerians and members of the international communities that we now have strong links as to those involved in this terror war on Nigeria and Nigerians. I have directed security operatives to go after them, no matter where they may be hiding. Also, I am using this opportunity to warn that those who choose to hide under our new freedom to perpetrate evil against our people shall have no hiding place. This administration is fully determined and able to deal with all threats and agents of instability, who continue to test the resolve of our nation and its democratic institutions and leadership.

“As president and chief security officer of the nation, I will employ every means and instrument at my disposal to secure this nation against forces of evil, which seeks to divide and sabotage our country. There shall be no sacred cows in our efforts to expose, contain and defeat this network of terror and its sponsors. I’ve directed a review of our national security architecture to lay its emphasise on intelligence and citizens’ participation in security surveillance.

“It is in this regard that government is pleased that the Federal Road Safety Corps has delivered on its promise to introduce a credible driver’s license that meets international standard. This is a positive development, which demonstrates Federal Road Safety Corps’ commitment to the government’s transformation agenda.”

With the provision made for diplomatic driver’s licence and number plates in the new plan, President Jonathan said this would help to keep the vehicles and driver’s identity in check to ensure that they are not used to terrorise the country.
Said he: “The international dimension of driver’s licence and number plates imposes on us, as a country, the need to ensure that they are not used as instruments of terrorism.”

Reassuring everyone that terror groups would be defeated in the country, the president said his administration would spare no effort or resource in containing this latest threat to the unity and stability of the nation.
Jonathan urged that everyone must stand together against terror in its destructive manifestations.
“We are in touch with all international agencies involved in the global war against terror. We will work in tandem with all organisations and partners towards a timely and eventual contending and defeat of terror and their sponsors in our land,” the President stated.

Expressing joy at the new and standard driver’s licence and number plates, he said these marked the beginning of a new era, as these would not only restore the integrity of the driver’s licence but also provide the nation with a credible database of drivers and vehicles.
The president directed the immediate implementation of the driving school standardisation programme, where only accredited driving schools must sponsor all fresh applicants for driver’s license, ordering also for a new regulatory regime of mandatory test and continuous driver’s training for commercial drivers.

He assured the FRSC of total support in ensuring that enforcement of road traffic rules, “does not exempt or accord any undue respect to positions, ranks and status of any selected group of road users. I will, therefore, like to see greater enforcement on indiscriminate use of siren by unauthourised persons on our roads and removal of tankers and trailers that are indiscriminately parked, to obstruct the roads. The corps marshal and chief executive should come out with action plans in conjunction with other stakeholders by ensuring that adequate parks are provided for trailers and tankers on our highways nationwide.”

President Jonathan promised that government would continue to support the FRSC in its quest to sustain the decline in road crashes and injuries in order to achieve the objective of the Accra declaration of reducing road crash fatalities by 50 per cent by 2015 and also, the UN decade of action on road safety 2011 to 2020, which hopes to make Nigeria’s roads to rank among the world’s 20 safest roads by the year 2020.

While launching the new drivers licence and number plates to the glory of God for the safety of all road users and promotion of national security the president appealed to all to be resolute in their support for the FRSC in their quest to reform motor vehicles administration in the country for our collective good.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2011/sept/03/national-03-09-2011-002.html
Re: We Now Know Boko Haram's Sponsors – GEJ by 9ijaprince(m): 9:29pm On Sep 02, 2011
just name them.
Re: We Now Know Boko Haram's Sponsors – GEJ by HighChief4(m): 10:01pm On Sep 02, 2011
I dey laugh o
Re: We Now Know Boko Haram's Sponsors – GEJ by Pukkah: 10:32pm On Sep 02, 2011
He said he was 'provoked' by the last bombing. I hope the provocation is the elixir he needs to swing into action against the evil bombers and other major problems facing the country.
Re: We Now Know Boko Haram's Sponsors – GEJ by Blackteeth(m): 10:43pm On Sep 02, 2011
And some people are saying Jonathan is doing nothing to stop the bombing.
Re: We Now Know Boko Haram's Sponsors – GEJ by globalaid(m): 11:08pm On Sep 02, 2011
we have had this number of times, this man should just give us a break, we are tired of empty promises it is time for action. if you are a man enough go after them and save us from this rhetorics.
Re: We Now Know Boko Haram's Sponsors – GEJ by CyberG: 1:11am On Sep 03, 2011
FOOLISH MAN! Imagine a serious president of a serious country making this kind of statement? You will do NOTHING! Let us wait and see! grin grin grin grin
Re: We Now Know Boko Haram's Sponsors – GEJ by indoorlove(m): 1:16am On Sep 03, 2011
over and over again,hey hey! Promise everyday, me i don tire jare! On a more serious note, is not better to be a lion for a day than to be a ship all ur life? GEJ, pls for God sake do this for us and u will write ur name in the  book of record. Action! Action!! Action!!!
Re: We Now Know Boko Haram's Sponsors – GEJ by hbrednic: 1:26am On Sep 03, 2011
joe is a goodman, but he is a weaklin.
Re: We Now Know Boko Haram's Sponsors – GEJ by Rastamann: 1:33am On Sep 03, 2011
My President, what we need is action not talk talk talk. Name them, arrest them and prosecute them!
Re: We Now Know Boko Haram's Sponsors – GEJ by frenchman2: 1:37am On Sep 03, 2011
match those words with action.

boko haram is still a weed.

uproot it now or else when it turns to a full grown iroko tree,
Re: We Now Know Boko Haram's Sponsors – GEJ by tuniski: 1:43am On Sep 03, 2011
gud one if he names them he will b accused by dis same people of compromising intelligence. whichever way defeating terrorist especially domestic ones require tact.
Re: We Now Know Boko Haram's Sponsors – GEJ by 1forall: 1:45am On Sep 03, 2011
I laugh! grin
Re: We Now Know Boko Haram's Sponsors – GEJ by Nymphnode(m): 1:53am On Sep 03, 2011
The FBI and co don give una expo abi? I hope its the right one sha and beware of the invigilators o, also remember say na Nigeria go mark am o.
Re: We Now Know Boko Haram's Sponsors – GEJ by Thatdave(m): 1:55am On Sep 03, 2011
steps before GEj can nab bokorists in the bud!
1. He has to catch a number of them and obtain substantial information
2. He has to be sure of their true size!
3. He has to be damn sure of their suponsors, true mission and vision
4. He has to have a very concrete evidence against them, before he can even point a finger.
5. He has to be sure of what to do after the arrest of a personality like 'atiku' or 'buhari'
6. He has to be sure not to cause a full scale war while trying to curb a few tiny bombings!

Dear critic-dunces if you dont fully understand, put you dont understand, put yourself in the shoe of mr. President of nigeria and read the steps again.

dunces pls
*i dnt mean 'put urself into his shoes ooo!

1 Like

Re: We Now Know Boko Haram's Sponsors – GEJ by Fhemmmy: 2:00am On Sep 03, 2011
A good leader will not even tallk about knowing them . . .will just investigate well, round them up . . .present evidence at the court and lock them up . . . Too much talking with no action
Re: We Now Know Boko Haram's Sponsors – GEJ by manny4life(m): 2:07am On Sep 03, 2011
Fhemmmy:

A good leader will not even tallk about knowing them . . .will just investigate well, round them up . . .present evidence at the court and lock them up . . . Too much talking with no action

Just like I thought! Whatever happened to having security clearance in the govt; does our president and his cabinet have an "active security clearance"? If they did, he WILL NOT say what he said; I should setup a private intelligence monitoring agency in Nigeria with miniature UAV's capable of destroying this terror sponsors and their cohorts.
Re: We Now Know Boko Haram's Sponsors – GEJ by folahann(m): 2:11am On Sep 03, 2011
Why must you say it when you ca just do it.
Do they even have to announce anything before taking action. They could have quietly gone to arrest and later announce
Re: We Now Know Boko Haram's Sponsors – GEJ by Nobody: 2:21am On Sep 03, 2011
Something funny just crossed my mind: since 1999, no governor, senator, LGA chairman, or leader has been arrested and prosecuted accordingly for corruption. The only case that came close was Alamieyesiega. Yet we are fighting corruption. Funny country.

GEJ the clown, you have come again with your empty talk again! Abeg go sidon for one place. Afterall you have known these sponsors all along but what spurred you to make this speech is due to the western fire that was kindled under your bum-bum. Very good for you. You better name them.

1 Like

Re: We Now Know Boko Haram's Sponsors – GEJ by dabrake(m): 2:53am On Sep 03, 2011
Kizilala:

[size=13pt]We now know bombers, sponsors –FG [/size]

• They’ll be arrested soon
From UBONG UKPONG, Abuja
Saturday, September 03, 2011

Photo: Sun News Publishing
More Stories on This Section
The Federal Government has sensationally disclosed that it now has strong evidence on the identity of those involved in the recurrent bomb attacks across the country.  Following this, President Goodluck Jonathan has given an express order to security agencies to go after these terrorists and their sponsors, staing that they were testing his resolve to deal decisively with them.

Speaking, in Abuja, yesterday, while launching the new national driver’s license and number plates, facilitated by the Federal Road Safety Commission (FRSC), Jonathan expressed regrets that since October 1, 2010, terrorists group have consistently detonated bombs in parts of the country and inflicted the nation and its citizens with undeserved and untold sufferings, pains and sorrows.

He said he was provoked by the last week Friday’s bombing of the United Nations House in Abuja, and has, therefore, resolved to place the terrorists and their sponsors where they belong.

Consequent upon this, Jonathan said he had already mapped out strategies and was turning the edge of his sword to crush all those who have sworn to destabilise and divide the nation under his leadership.

Said Jonathan: “Today’s launch has acquired greatest significance, following last Friday’s unprovoked attack, which led to the loss of lives and has left, in history, gory images for the threat terrorism now poses to the peace and security of our nation and the safety of our citizens. Since the last bombing and the October1, 2010, I had directed the hastening of efforts to build a credible database of drivers and vehicles in order to improve public safety. The importance of this project is reaffirmed by the consistence use of vehicles in the conduct of the recent bombing episodes.

“Let me use this occasion to reassure Nigerians and members of the international communities that we now have strong links as to those involved in this terror war on Nigeria and Nigerians. I have directed security operatives to go after them, no matter where they may be hiding. Also, I am using this opportunity to warn that those who choose to hide under our new freedom to perpetrate evil against our people shall have no hiding place. This administration is fully determined and able to deal with all threats and agents of instability, who continue to test the resolve of our nation and its democratic institutions and leadership.

“As president and chief security officer of the nation, I will employ every means and instrument at my disposal to secure this nation against forces of evil, which seeks to divide and sabotage our country. There shall be no sacred cows in our efforts to expose, contain and defeat this network of terror and its sponsors. I’ve directed a review of our national security architecture to lay its emphasise on intelligence and citizens’ participation in security surveillance.

“It is in this regard that government is pleased that the Federal Road Safety Corps has delivered on its promise to introduce a credible driver’s license that meets international standard. This is a positive development, which demonstrates Federal Road Safety Corps’ commitment to the government’s transformation agenda.”

With the provision made for diplomatic driver’s licence and number plates in the new plan, President Jonathan said this would help to keep the vehicles and driver’s identity in check to ensure that they are not used to terrorise the country.
Said he: “The international dimension of driver’s licence and number plates imposes on us, as a country, the need to ensure that they are not used as instruments of terrorism.”

Reassuring everyone that terror groups would be defeated in the country, the president said his administration would spare no effort or resource in containing this latest threat to the unity and stability of the nation.
Jonathan urged that everyone must stand together against terror in its destructive manifestations.
“We are in touch with all international agencies involved in the global war against terror. We will work in tandem with all organisations and partners towards a timely and eventual contending and defeat of terror and their sponsors in our land,” the President stated.

Expressing joy at the new and standard driver’s licence and number plates, he said these marked the beginning of a new era, as these would not only restore the integrity of the driver’s licence but also provide the nation with a credible database of drivers and vehicles.
The president directed the immediate implementation of the driving school standardisation programme, where only accredited driving schools must sponsor all fresh applicants for driver’s license, ordering also for a new regulatory regime of mandatory test and continuous driver’s training for commercial drivers.

He assured the FRSC of total support in ensuring that enforcement of road traffic rules, “does not exempt or accord any undue respect to positions, ranks and status of any selected group of road users. I will, therefore, like to see greater enforcement on indiscriminate use of siren by unauthourised persons on our roads and removal of tankers and trailers that are indiscriminately parked, to obstruct the roads. The corps marshal and chief executive should come out with action plans in conjunction with other stakeholders by ensuring that adequate parks are provided for trailers and tankers on our highways nationwide.”

President Jonathan promised that government would continue to support the FRSC in its quest to sustain the decline in road crashes and injuries in order to achieve the objective of the Accra declaration of reducing road crash fatalities by 50 per cent by 2015 and also, the UN decade of action on road safety 2011 to 2020, which hopes to make Nigeria’s roads to rank among the world’s 20 safest roads by the year 2020.

While launching the new drivers licence and number plates to the glory of God for the safety of all road users and promotion of national security the president appealed to all to be resolute in their support for the FRSC in their quest to reform motor vehicles administration in the country for our collective good.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2011/sept/03/national-03-09-2011-002.html
@bolded means he knew their sponsors long b4 now bub hd decided 2 play naive
Re: We Now Know Boko Haram's Sponsors – GEJ by cold(m): 2:56am On Sep 03, 2011
I sincerely hope GEJ can get his act together this time around & do what is right.I also hope we have heard the last of the bombings but this might just be a tall dream
Re: We Now Know Boko Haram's Sponsors – GEJ by Smi1(m): 3:48am On Sep 03, 2011
This guy is already becoming a laughing stock in the community I think he need some reasonable Advisers. Gej please change your format !!! I have heard him sometimes ago boasting of dealing with the boko haram culprits but to no avail. anyway wetin man God do now ? Nigerians are destine to be stuck with him till the next 5 years .
Re: We Now Know Boko Haram's Sponsors – GEJ by cold(m): 3:52am On Sep 03, 2011
^^Within that 5 years you'd do well to improve your grammar.No be insult o,na advice

1 Like

Re: We Now Know Boko Haram's Sponsors – GEJ by Smi1(m): 4:01am On Sep 03, 2011
cold:

^^Within that 5 years you'd do well to improve your grammar.No be insult o,na advice

is that all you can come up with ? please stop ranting and by the way who tell you say english na my papa language ? typical Nigerian !
Re: We Now Know Boko Haram's Sponsors – GEJ by cold(m): 4:04am On Sep 03, 2011
S@mi:

is that all you can come up with ? please stop ranting and by the way who tell you say english na my papa language ? typical Nigerian !
Yes o!English no be your papa language but if you must address us in English,it's only right you do it correctly but if that's too hard for you then write in your 'papa's language'.No offence.

1 Like

Re: We Now Know Boko Haram's Sponsors – GEJ by T8ksy(m): 4:06am On Sep 03, 2011
Yeah, now we know who boko Haram's sponsors are.

Unfortunately for you guys, they are "Untouchables". Ha ha ha.

"Goodluck" Jonathan is quickly turning into "Calamitious" Jonathan.

Abegi BK, smoke his dumb ar.se outta aso rock, ojare.
Re: We Now Know Boko Haram's Sponsors – GEJ by Smi1(m): 4:09am On Sep 03, 2011
cold:

Yes o!English no be your papa language but if you must address us in English,it's only right you do it correctly but if that's too hard for you then write in your 'papa's language'.No offence.

you ain't busy enough !
Re: We Now Know Boko Haram's Sponsors – GEJ by cold(m): 4:17am On Sep 03, 2011
^^yep you got that right.I'm actually sipping on my Jack Daniels waiting to hit a late night club but my advise still stands.No offence wink
Re: We Now Know Boko Haram's Sponsors – GEJ by tayoTFC(m): 4:28am On Sep 03, 2011
Too much promise without action, mr president u better be active and proactive now before ASO ROCK is Bomb by Boko Haram, just they give us fresh air promise,
Re: We Now Know Boko Haram's Sponsors – GEJ by DrRaley: 5:54am On Sep 03, 2011
I feel that there's been so much pressure on Jonathan lately! Am of the opinion that we give this man sometime to sort things out. A lot of people do not really no whats in the offering thats why all we shout is "Deliver". Time will tell!!!
Re: We Now Know Boko Haram's Sponsors – GEJ by OperaMini1(m): 6:18am On Sep 03, 2011
I think this guy should change his name from Goodluck to Promise Jonathan. He's surely become a master of promises.
Re: We Now Know Boko Haram's Sponsors – GEJ by tobiit(m): 6:28am On Sep 03, 2011
COLD, you've got some problems in ur head. What is ur business with d GUY speaking good english or not. Why don't you just talked about the main matter(GE jonz) and stop insulting peoples ENGLISH, useless modaf**cr. Note: bother not to reply me cuz if u do i'm not going to say anything more back at u sc*mbag.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Emotional Story Of John Akpavan. Abuja Radio House Suicide Attacker / Gov. Ambode Declares June 12 Public Holiday / Senate Withdraws Social Media bill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.