Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,615 members, 7,823,677 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:11 PM

Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture (22959 Views)

The Account People Make Donations Has Been Hijacked By Jazmine - Mr Ibu's Wife / Osun Election: The Moment Davido Stormed His Hometown Sitting On Top Of A Car / Davido & Chioma Arrive Her Hometown Owerri: 'Club Go Turn Traditional Wedding' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by Asour: 7:31am On Jan 05, 2023
ezenwajosh:
That is Igbo for you

The only tribe that gives women power in Africa

Here.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/27-year-old-ondo-regent-celebrates-three-years-on-throne/%3famp
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by Svoboda(m): 7:32am On Jan 05, 2023
ezenwajosh:
That is Igbo for you

What about the Yoruba where women are regents?

We dont have female regents in igbo, so its neither here nor there...
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by Antoeni(m): 7:33am On Jan 05, 2023
Been a Feminist do Taya this one
She now married
She has 2 kids
Now a Chief
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by shortIGBOman: 7:33am On Jan 05, 2023
She no even fine sef. My IGBO babe fine pass her. cool

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by Tinubuadvocate: 7:34am On Jan 05, 2023
grin olodo Arab never invade Yoruba land talk on subjugate them the Yoruba that practicing islam accept it by what they believe same thing goes to christianity as well.
BaddestQueen:
Yoruba Muslims are originally from Mali and not real Yorubas.

But due to the accommodating nature of the original Yorubas, they invaded yoruba land and start oppressing real Yorubas religiously and politically.
they always blackmail real Yorubas emotionally and otherwise.
they're gradually spreading and if any real yoruba talk he'll be hushed and be called either bastard or omo ale.
they resoundingly rejected Osibanjo and ridiculed him to the highest but expecting real Yorubas to support their criminal Tinubu.
but thank God real Yorubas are waking up from their slumber and putting these invaders into their rightful place.

God bless real Yorubas
thunder scatter Tinubu
thunder scatter Tinubu urchins
hahahahaha

3 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by Kingcalls: 7:35am On Jan 05, 2023
SmartPolician:
In truth, this lady is out to prove that what a man can do, a woman can do better. This is really commendable because our women need to be independent to add more value to our society. For instance, if we didn't have someone like Okonjo-Iweala, which Nigérian would have considered winning the bid to lead World Trade Organisation?

However, many ladies mistake neofeminism for feminism. Those neofeminists need to understand that many educated guys - I don't mean the SENSELESS alpha males on Nairaland - want their wives to be financially independent. So, there's no basis for competition and rancour between the two genders.

Congratulations to Amanda!

What a man can do, a woman can do better is the biggest lie and deception in history... no woman can equal what a man can do...but men will always better what a woman can do ... mention one thing a man can do that a woman betters, or even equals ...but I can mention stuffs that men are better at than women , original stuffs than women are known to do

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by Elidrisy20: 7:39am On Jan 05, 2023
You better return to US ooo
Before your brothers come and chop off your... lipsrsealed
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by madjune(m): 7:40am On Jan 05, 2023
This funny girl.

Being a known writer does not equal chiefdom.

It's sad but this can only happen in Iboland. I'm ibo, though.

She's earned her dues alright so far as the written word goes but, what societal building values does she espouse?

Adichie is anti family.
This girl believes in same sex marriage, hates the Vatican and much more.

The traditional family unit as created by God made up of the man and woman is central to the basic Ibo family as the primary bulwark upon which the progressive society rests.

So, the traditional ibo family units made up of normal man heads and women mothers came together and gave her a chieftaincy title?

A lot of people are blind in present times, really.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by djseanjohn77: 7:41am On Jan 05, 2023
ezenwajosh:
That is Igbo for you

The joke is on you - Yoruba have been doing this before independence, we have always run inclusive clans, and women have always had a place in decision-making (Iyalojas, Iyalodes, Iyalajes, etc)very Yoruba kingdom had a hierarchy of female chiefs -1. Erelu kuti - Abiola Dosunmu, ) 2. Hon Abike Dabiri-Erewa. 3 Funmilayo Ransome Kuti. 4 Queen Moremi Ajasoro. 5 Alimotu Pelewura. 6 Elizabeth Abimbola Awoliyi.

That's why the land is progressive grin grin grin grin allows all Dick, Tom, and Harry to come and be progressive, but today the ingrates are saying the developed Lagos grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by JuanDeDios: 7:42am On Jan 05, 2023
Skyfornia:
Nice one.. I will believe all these equalities the moment women start going to man's village to seek his hand in marriage with her people and paying groom price.
Been happening for thousands or years. Culture varies from place to place.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by BaddestQueen(f): 7:45am On Jan 05, 2023
Tinubuadvocate:
grin olodo Arab never invade Yoruba land talk on subjugate them the Yoruba that practicing islam accept it by what they believe same thing goes to christianity as well.
destroying Tinubu politically is a task every patriotic citizen should embark on if you want a better tomorrow.
thunder scatter Tinubu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by meobizy(f): 7:45am On Jan 05, 2023
“iS tHiS nOt AgAInSt aFRiCaN cUlTuRe?” — Tunde, Sango-ota.

The celebrated writer who was recently made a Chief in her hometown, Abba, Anambra State.
She’s not from Nsukka again? Maybe this is her maternal hometown.

I can imagine if she never traveled out and tried promoting her work on Nairaland. She for chop ban tire till frustration catch am.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by Kajaard: 7:45am On Jan 05, 2023
She deserves it. I love, respect and admire this lady.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by Shadysen: 7:49am On Jan 05, 2023
Sheistoopretty:
Happy for her cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

We Women will rule this world fr cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Rule in your dream?

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by Shadysen: 7:50am On Jan 05, 2023
none of my business
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by Alexbio: 7:50am On Jan 05, 2023
BaddestQueen:
Yoruba Muslims are originally from Mali and not real Yorubas.

But due to the accommodating nature of the original Yorubas, they invaded yoruba land and start oppressing real Yorubas religiously and politically.
they always blackmail real Yorubas emotionally and otherwise.
they're gradually spreading and if any real yoruba talk he'll be hushed and be called either bastard or omo ale.
they resoundingly rejected Osibanjo and ridiculed him to the highest but expecting real Yorubas to support their criminal Tinubu.
but thank God real Yorubas are waking up from their slumber and putting these invaders into their rightful place.

God bless real Yorubas
thunder scatter Tinubu
hahahahaha

Tales
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by chipower: 7:51am On Jan 05, 2023
meobizy:
“iS tHiS nOt AgAInSt aFRiCaN cUlTuRe?” — Tunde, Sango-ota.

She’s not from Nsukka again? Maybe this is her maternal hometown.

I can imagine if she never traveled out and tried promoting her work on Nairaland. She for chop ban tire till frustration catch am.

Did she tell you she was from Nsukka?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by rajiedreez: 7:51am On Jan 05, 2023
It's been tey for Yoruba land wey woman be chief
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by zedegit: 7:53am On Jan 05, 2023
onthehill:
Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie has advocated for a culture that celebrates men and women alike, IGBERETV reports.

The celebrated writer who was recently made a Chief in her hometown, Abba, Anambra State, and given the title of "Odeluwa" said this on Instagram while sharing a video from her conferment ceremony.

She wrote:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cm_88ehossM/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

She came short of calling her father, a local champion.

All these feminists.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by Sammy07: 7:54am On Jan 05, 2023
djseanjohn77:

The joke is on you - Yoruba have been doing this before independence, we have always run inclusive clans, and women have always had a place in decision-making (Iyalojas, Iyalodes, Iyalajes, etc)very Yoruba kingdom had a hierarchy of female chiefs -1. Erelu kuti - Abiola Dosunmu, ) 2. Hon Abike Dabiri-Erewa. 3 Funmilayo Ransome Kuti. 4 Queen Moremi Ajasoro. 5 Alimotu Pelewura. 6 Elizabeth Abimbola Awoliyi.

That's why the land is progressive grin grin grin grin allows all Dick, Tom, and Harry to come and be progressive, but today the ingrates are saying the developed Lagos grin grin grin

Progressive diversity makes a country or region progress.

E. G, USA and UK.

It'll help Southwest on the long run

3 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by phemmyfour: 8:00am On Jan 05, 2023
olisaEze:
Congrats Chimamanda, it’s a well deserved honor. Still doesn’t mean that women’s opinions will carry weight where men are talking in that village though. It’s a man’s world out here, I didn’t make it like that, we only met it that way! cool
Don't mind her...she just had to mention the "dusty road"

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by phemmyfour: 8:02am On Jan 05, 2023
ezenwajosh:
That is Igbo for you

Come to Yorubaland and witness many "Chief Mrs" where women can own and inherit lands. Your people still have a long way to go
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by GloriousGbola: 8:03am On Jan 05, 2023
ABOMINATION sad sad angry sad angry

See as this woman is bringing oyibo nonsense to our town angry

who will put this uppity wench in her place since her husband has ceded the reins? angry

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by farmboyy: 8:04am On Jan 05, 2023
Our stupid creature used by the West.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by Proudlyomonna: 8:07am On Jan 05, 2023
Very beautiful, intelligent and Obidient Woman.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by ryjhqmp45: 8:08am On Jan 05, 2023
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by Chetas81(m): 8:09am On Jan 05, 2023
AFRICAN CITIZENS WITH THEIR USELESS TITLE TELL ME THE PEOPLE IN ADVANCE COUNTRY OF THEIR OWN ____HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH TITLES

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Photos: Nigerian Transgender Poses With Agbani Darego At Miss World Pageant 2014 / Wizkid's Son, Ayo Moving In The Womb Of Binta Diamond Diallo (Video) / Rich People Who Feared Giving Their Children Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.