Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,506 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:28 PM

Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture (22933 Views)

The Account People Make Donations Has Been Hijacked By Jazmine - Mr Ibu's Wife / Osun Election: The Moment Davido Stormed His Hometown Sitting On Top Of A Car / Davido & Chioma Arrive Her Hometown Owerri: 'Club Go Turn Traditional Wedding' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by Nobody: 9:15am On Jan 05, 2023
Congratulations sister. This is great. Guess I ll be a chief in future to break record in my hometown too
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by IbileIfe: 9:23am On Jan 05, 2023
onthehill:
Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie has advocated for a culture that celebrates men and women alike, IGBERETV reports.

The celebrated writer who was recently made a Chief in her hometown, Abba, Anambra State, and given the title of "Odeluwa" said this on Instagram while sharing a video from her conferment ceremony.

She wrote:
https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cm_88ehossM/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Congratulations Odeluwa Chimamanda, beloved daughter of Abba Kingdom.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by Kelvin3476: 9:23am On Jan 05, 2023
Sammy07:

Lol,
Funmilayo ransom kuti says hi

Iyalode of Ibadan says hi

All the over 5 female kings (that I know myself) in Ondo state only (not to talk of Ekiti and others) says hi

Lemme stop there, I SMH for you
HAHAHAHA
WHILE THEIR HUSBANDS ARE QUEENS .
YOLUBA PEOPLE WON'T KILL ME WITH THEIR DUMB WOKENESS.

WE HAVE ALWAYS KNOWN THAT THE YOLUBA TRIBE IS RUN BY THEIR WOMEN.

WE KNW ALREADY BY
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by MoneyMustBMade(m): 9:32am On Jan 05, 2023
This is real feminist, self value not this hungry stubborn girls that has nothing to give out and no self value.

If you want a man to value you, first have self value like her
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by tonyshine01: 9:35am On Jan 05, 2023
siofra:
A phenomenal and great woman!

She used to be my role model, but now it's Jezebel and Meghan Markle.

1kings 21:23
2kings 9:10
2kings 9:36-37
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by isan(m): 9:46am On Jan 05, 2023
igbo and yorubas didn't cross path untill the British came
tishbite42:

They know their place. They're not abogrinals. We're not land grabbers.
Go and read about Oyingbo(onye Igbo).
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by adesoro80595: 9:48am On Jan 05, 2023
The only women I respect and regard in Nigeria includeNgozi okonjo Iweala, Chimamanda Adechie, late Dr Akunuyili, among few sensible ones, those women are legendThe only women I respect and regard in Nigeria includeNgozi okonjo Iweala, Chimamanda Adechie, late Dr Akunuyili, among few sensible ones, those women are legend...
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by Fxbu: 9:51am On Jan 05, 2023
SmartPolician:
In truth, this lady is out to prove that what a man can do, a woman can do better. This is really commendable because our women need to be independent to add more value to our society. For instance, if we didn't have someone like Okonjo-Iweala, which Nigérian would have considered winning the bid to lead World Trade Organisation?

However, many ladies mistake neofeminism for feminism. Those neofeminists need to understand that many educated guys - I don't mean th[/b]e [b]SENSELESS alpha males on Nairaland - want their wives to be financially independent. So, there's no basis for competition and rancour between the two genders.

Congratulations to Amanda!
is the bolded for me.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by EmekaA125(m): 9:53am On Jan 05, 2023
madjune:
This funny girl.

Being a known writer does not equal chiefdom.

It's sad but this can only happen in Iboland. I'm ibo, though.

She's earned her dues alright so far as the written word goes but, what societal building values does she espouse?

Adichie is anti family.
This girl believes in same sex marriage, hates the Vatican and much more.

The traditional family unit as created by God made up of the man and woman is central to the basic Ibo family as the primary bulwark upon which the progressive society rests.

So, the traditional ibo family units made up of normal man heads and women mothers came together and gave her a chieftaincy title?

A lot of people are blind in present times, really.
If you are truly Igbo, you wouldn't have written Igbo as Ibo. Eghu
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by Uchedizzy(f): 9:54am On Jan 05, 2023
Skyfornia:
Nice one.. I will believe all these equalities the moment women start going to man's village to seek his hand in marriage with her people and paying groom price.
with the way things are going very soon it will start happening
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by Fxbu: 9:56am On Jan 05, 2023
Alusiizizi:

I asked this once and I'm going to ask again. When did women start receiving chieftancy titles in my state? Nonsense and foolery if you ask me, I see nothing to celebrate here, just the bastardization of a fine tradition is what it is.
cry me a river.

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by EmekaA125(m): 10:00am On Jan 05, 2023
Sammy07:

Progressive diversity makes a country or region progress.

E. G, USA and UK.

It'll help Southwest on the long run
You guys always like foistering unnecessary competition on Igbos. We are not in competition with Yorubas. Any small thing, una don dey measure dick. Awon Omo ale jati jati
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by JOemmy(m): 10:05am On Jan 05, 2023
Nice one obi will make her minister of education when he wins.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by udemzeus(m): 10:08am On Jan 05, 2023
First female chief, this woman knows nothing about African tradition. Women have been in highly placed position before the British rule.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by Danniedpastor(m): 10:17am On Jan 05, 2023
tyinfinity:
This barbaric OSU tribe is gradually civilized due to their mass exodus to Tinubu's Lagos.Thanks to Asiwaju for accommodating them in his domain
Tinubu's Lagos?
You guys are really m*d o.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by zakkxx: 10:17am On Jan 05, 2023
AkpaMgbor:

But they say Igbo culture is highly patriarchal. My aunt was also made a high chief back in 2003 in urualla.
In Igbo land if u have money u are a man If u don’t have money u are a woman!
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by AkpaMgbor(m): 10:19am On Jan 05, 2023
zakkxx:
In Igbo land if u have money u are a man If u don’t have money u are a woman!
So in other words a man and a woman can earn equal respect in Igbo land as long as they are successful? Still doesn't sound like a partricahial society to me.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by SilverOrLead: 10:24am On Jan 05, 2023
Do Osus have culture in the first place ?

Chieftaincy title that she bought from their hungry Ozzors.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by Nmezor(f): 10:27am On Jan 05, 2023
Nice
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by KillerBeauty(f): 10:37am On Jan 05, 2023
Abi1985:
Great , build a school or a clinic for your hometown. Do something tangible for your people, even na borehole u build u try. Nigeria celebrities are only known for twitter beef or annoying motivation speech or x-rated activities. While other African celebrities are known for building school, clinics or creating job opportunities for their countrymen
Is building schools a job for our celebrities or a job for our elected government? We should be holding our government local state and federal accountable.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by descarado: 10:47am On Jan 05, 2023
Odingo1:
Igbos had been making women Chief like Iyom or Odu, she should made find out however the coronation is not the same format with male chieftaincy.
What is it then?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by tishbite42: 11:19am On Jan 05, 2023
isan:
igbo and yorubas didn't cross path untill the British came
Go and read your History
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by henrydav: 11:19am On Jan 05, 2023
BaddestQueen:
Yoruba Muslims are originally from Mali and not real Yorubas.

But due to the accommodating nature of the original Yorubas, they invaded yoruba land and start oppressing real Yorubas religiously and politically.
they always blackmail real Yorubas emotionally and otherwise.
they're gradually spreading and if any real yoruba talk he'll be hushed and be called either bastard or omo ale.
they resoundingly rejected Osibanjo and ridiculed him to the highest but expecting real Yorubas to support their criminal Tinubu.
but thank God real Yorubas are waking up from their slumber and putting these invaders into their rightful place.

God bless real Yorubas
thunder scatter Tinubu
thunder scatter Tinubu urchins
hahahahaha
Omo you de vex oo
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by tishbite42: 11:22am On Jan 05, 2023
Alusiizizi:

I asked this once and I'm going to ask again. When did women start receiving chieftancy titles in my state? Nonsense and foolery if you ask me, I see nothing to celebrate here, just the bastardization of a fine tradition is what it is.
She's a honorable woman
Association with Nigeria will soil her name and image
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by tishbite42: 11:26am On Jan 05, 2023
RealTalkNoBull:
Chief Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie is greater than Odumegwu Chukwuemeka Ojukwu.
That should be our business, Afonja
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by Mccullum: 11:38am On Jan 05, 2023
BaddestQueen:
Yoruba Muslims are originally from Mali and not real Yorubas.

But due to the accommodating nature of the original Yorubas, they invaded yoruba land and start oppressing real Yorubas religiously and politically.
they always blackmail real Yorubas emotionally and otherwise.
they're gradually spreading and if any real yoruba talk he'll be hushed and be called either bastard or omo ale.
they resoundingly rejected Osibanjo and ridiculed him to the highest but expecting real Yorubas to support their criminal Tinubu.
but thank God real Yorubas are waking up from their slumber and putting these invaders into their rightful place.

God bless real Yorubas
thunder scatter Tinubu
thunder scatter Tinubu urchins
hahahahaha

You don't have shame for having first female chief in your uncivilized land, many women were ex and reigning regents Iya lode, Iya loja and many more in Yoruba land.

It seem your descendants were professional in fabrication of history undecided

since the period of paganism in Yorubaland with many gods, the Yorubas does not have time on fighting for religions,

up till date religion can't creates division in South West, you're mischief makers, born to hate due to the jealousy of the Yoruba people you're

suffering from. Ossuuu is a cause to humanity grin the same Osinbajo you people calling errand boy then, you're now fighting for cheesy

Irrespective of religion, Omoluabis have decided to cast their vote for Tinubu, Asiwaju is the next president of Nigeria.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by Johnnoo(m): 11:55am On Jan 05, 2023
Congrats Amanda
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by KingLennon(m): 12:04pm On Jan 05, 2023
Sheistoopretty:
Happy for her cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

We Women will rule this world fr cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Not anyhow woman o. This one has earned her stripes. Very intelligent and smart. Not women who sell their bodies for 2k o or depend on a man to survive
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by DIVAD2000: 12:21pm On Jan 05, 2023
SmartPolician:
In truth, this lady is out to prove that what a man can do, a woman can do better. This is really commendable because our women need to be independent to add more value to our society. For instance, if we didn't have someone like Okonjo-Iweala, which Nigérian would have considered winning the bid to lead World Trade Organisation?

However, many ladies mistake neofeminism for feminism. Those neofeminists need to understand that many educated guys - I don't mean the SENSELESS alpha males on Nairaland - want their wives to be financially independent. So, there's no basis for competition and rancour between the two genders.

Congratulations to Amanda!

What a man can do, a woman will do and make noise

Meanwhile, have you sat down to ask why there are alpha males in the first place?

Or you just prefer to shut your mind and call them senseless?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by djseanjohn77: 12:22pm On Jan 05, 2023
Sammy07:

Progressive diversity makes a country or region progress.

E. G, USA and UK.

It'll help Southwest in the long run

You are right, no place can develop without it, that's why somehow, I always pray that the country disintegrates peacefully someday, then my Lagos disintegrates as well from the SW grin grin grin (that's selfish right?) - It provides a multi-facet economy, different kind of ways and opportunities for growth purpose. One of the major ways to run a state is inclusiveness, opening your door to embrace everyone and everybody while providing them the leverage for the sustenance of their businesses. Any nook and crannies of Lagos have Igbos buying lands, building houses, merrying, and progressing. Every sector of Lagos has Igbos at the upper echelon jointly pivoting the affairs, the political terrain also does not restrict them from the right to vote and be voted for, that's by far more progressive than any state that desires growth can be.
Lagos is seemingly a typical examply of what Nigeria should look like, but bigotry, fanatism, cheer hate etc will not allow us.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by DeOTR: 12:27pm On Jan 05, 2023
Sammy07:

Lol,
Funmilayo ransom kuti says hi

Iyalode of Ibadan says hi

All the over 5 female kings (that I know myself) in Ondo state only (not to talk of Ekiti and others) says hi

Lemme stop there, I SMH for you
Don't mind him.
My Mom was the Regent to the throne after the passing of her Dad.
We Yorubas have one of the best cultures in the world, devoid of sexual and religious discriminations.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Governor Ugwuanyi Hosts Flavour At Enugu Government House(photos) / Cardi B & Meek Mill Are Working On A Song Together Amid Nicki Minaj Beef / Charles Awurum Campaigns For Governor Okezie Ikpeazu, Blasted By Fans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.