Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,169 members, 7,860,185 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:30 AM

Army Jolted By Resignations, Warns Against Early Retirement - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Jolted By Resignations, Warns Against Early Retirement (25740 Views)

How Nigeria ‘lost’ Hundreds Of Generals To Early Retirement / EndSARS: Hundreds Of Resignations By Police Officers Rejected By The IGP / 2023: Tinubu’s Camp Jolted By Bode George’s Presidency Bid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Army Jolted By Resignations, Warns Against Early Retirement by Offpointng: 7:53am On Jan 07, 2023
hakeem4:
If I say I’m no longer interested in the army and you’ are trying to force me to keep serving. I’d just frustrate the system and you have no choice than to sack me grin

Oversodiqness grin grin
Re: Army Jolted By Resignations, Warns Against Early Retirement by Offpointng: 7:58am On Jan 07, 2023
tishbite42:
I'm on I.T in one of the Air Bases in the SW. Almost every NAF personnel I have spoken to has told me of his desire to resign from service.
I'm like this is what people are looking for and they're like the perception is deceptive.

I'm telling you, Both Officers and soldier fa. The things is, person wey no go no go know. those hustling to apply and join the force don't really know how it is inside there. Tho I'd say NAF is better sha in terms of working condition as compared to Army

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Army Jolted By Resignations, Warns Against Early Retirement by dikeizu1(m): 8:01am On Jan 07, 2023
Mmh,egwu adigon!!
Re: Army Jolted By Resignations, Warns Against Early Retirement by madjune(m): 8:02am On Jan 07, 2023
Nairaland has its share of blame in this.

All these posts on Japa and Japa and places wey better pass Nigeria one can travel to with N1m or so.

You think our soldiers don't read Nairaland?

Now, most of them wan japa too.
Re: Army Jolted By Resignations, Warns Against Early Retirement by tishbite42: 8:02am On Jan 07, 2023
Offpointng:

I'm telling you, Both Officers and soldier fa. The things is, person wey no go no go know. those hustling to apply and join the force don't really know how it is inside there. Tho I'd say NAF is better sha in terms of working condition as compared to Army
The NAF is the best
The Army are bunch of organized bandits

1 Like

Re: Army Jolted By Resignations, Warns Against Early Retirement by Fortruth: 8:07am On Jan 07, 2023
madjune:
Nairaland has its share of blame in this.

All these posts on Japa and Japa and places wey better pass Nigeria one can travel to with N1m or so.

You think our soldiers don't read Nairaland?

Now, most of them wan japa too.

Make dem japa..

France army was told to defend Louis 19th or so but dem japa….. allowing common poor folks to kill all the stupid PDP/APC politicians at that time in Paris, Marseille and other Ligue 1 destinations….

It’s high time “Naija” military that some of una are soooo mysteriously proud of to do the same…..

1 Like

Re: Army Jolted By Resignations, Warns Against Early Retirement by Temptee101(m): 8:09am On Jan 07, 2023
Rekyz:
How do I resign from NIGERIA? I've long lost interest in the country embarassed

I'm waiting for the elections, if we fail to elect Peter Obi:

I will forever say bye bye to Nigeria.

I won't comment in anything that concerns Nigeria

I will conclude that God hates Nigeria

I will forever curse the day this country was created

1 Like

Re: Army Jolted By Resignations, Warns Against Early Retirement by engrfaruq(m): 8:11am On Jan 07, 2023
Pipefitter:
Easy-peasy, any soldier that wants to resign should pretend to be extorting civilian while recording the incident, tag few of the influencers... Thank me later

There's a difference between resignation and dismissal.
Re: Army Jolted By Resignations, Warns Against Early Retirement by jude5240(m): 8:15am On Jan 07, 2023
Pipefitter:
Easy-peasy, any soldier that wants to resign should pretend to be extorting civilian while recording the incident, tag few of the influencers... Thank me later

Wrong!
Re: Army Jolted By Resignations, Warns Against Early Retirement by Nobody: 8:16am On Jan 07, 2023
[quote author=wonder233 post=119791196]I remember trying so hard to join the army, wrote the exams for the NDA 53 tegular course of 2001. What first struck me was how difficult the exam was.
After losing out on that, I tried again for Direct Short Service Commission on completion of my NYSC. Again, nothing.
I later got to learn I was just wasting my time, getting into the military in Nigeria as an officer had nothing to do with the exams or meeting criteria or having a genuine passion for military service. It was simply a factor of you knowing someone high up either in the political, traditional or military spheres... Most of the officers out there shouldn't even have been there, if it was based on merit or passion. It is so obvious when you look at them. I have come across officers and I almost weep. They clearly fall short of the physical, academic and personality requirements to be officers.
So long the connection factor is what determines who gets to serve in the military, incidents like these will co
Re: Army Jolted By Resignations, Warns Against Early Retirement by Dpharisee: 8:18am On Jan 07, 2023
wonder233:
I remember trying so hard to join the army, wrote the exams for the NDA 53 tegular course of 2001. What first struck me was how difficult the exam was.
After losing out on that, I tried again for Direct Short Service Commission on completion of my NYSC. Again, nothing.
I later got to learn I was just wasting my time, getting into the military in Nigeria as an officer had nothing to do with the exams or meeting criteria or having a genuine passion for military service. It was simply a factor of you knowing someone high up either in the political, traditional or military spheres... Most of the officers out there shouldn't even have been there, if it was based on merit or passion. It is so obvious when you look at them. I have come across officers and I almost weep. They clearly fall short of the physical, academic and personality requirements to be officers.
So long the connection factor is what determines who gets to serve in the military, incidents like these will continue

I passed the exam went to Kaduna and came out tops in all the marathon race, obstacles crossing, sand modelling texts, medicals etc then it was all about who gave you a letter for the selection board chairman and who is your daddy in Nigeria, those with passion for military service weren't taken, Nothing like merit and that's why they are not doing so well.
The impact affected my patriotism to Nigeria because I saw nepotism at that young age hit me below the belt

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Jolted By Resignations, Warns Against Early Retirement by Nobody: 8:21am On Jan 07, 2023
[quote author=WeldingEngr post=119793834][/quote] the same thing with me, applied for NDA, passed from UTME up to AFSB Interview, but not shortlisted.
Re: Army Jolted By Resignations, Warns Against Early Retirement by madjune(m): 8:22am On Jan 07, 2023
Fortruth:

Make dem japa..

France army was told to defend Louis 19th or so but dem japa….. allowing common poor folks to kill all the stupid PDP/APC politicians at that time in Paris, Marseille and other Ligue 1 destinations….

It’s high time “Naija” military that some of una are soooo mysteriously proud of to do the same…..

I think you make good sense.
Re: Army Jolted By Resignations, Warns Against Early Retirement by baretalk: 8:23am On Jan 07, 2023
Fortruth:

Story story….

The survival of the people in this “nation” depends on people thinking with sense and not with stomach
Most of you can't think beyond politics.
Re: Army Jolted By Resignations, Warns Against Early Retirement by Segunowolabi: 8:26am On Jan 07, 2023
Really, military careers are not meant 2 b forced to stay, when u want to opt out.. i used to pray to join d Nigerian Army, d rumor flying around Abt Fulanizinh d outfits those bent worth it
I have 2 grown up Youthdati wud hav encourage to join, unfortunately, d killing in d North East & d SouthEast is not worth it.
We have bin readin Abt huge amount Arms d outfit spent on security, yet hell if insecurity. Besides, it's not easy 2 confront d bandits bt then, d govt allows it to borders were shut while allowing free entry an exit in d North,dats Nepotistic and sentimental.
God Bless Nigeria, God Bless d Military.
Let d Govt beef up security in d southern Kaduna, Nssarawa, Abuja, Benue,Enugu, Taraba and d rest. D blloodshed s too massive an merciless pls.
Re: Army Jolted By Resignations, Warns Against Early Retirement by PDJT: 8:40am On Jan 07, 2023
Ishilove:
I would advise my brother to leave the army as well. You people in Nigeria are destiny wasters.

-It seems like you have abandoned the British experiment as well.

3 Likes

Re: Army Jolted By Resignations, Warns Against Early Retirement by unclejb2(m): 8:45am On Jan 07, 2023
Pipefitter:
the soldier go enter prison first before them go sack am

1 Like

Re: Army Jolted By Resignations, Warns Against Early Retirement by chatinent: 8:50am On Jan 07, 2023
How do they resign now? They'll just run away.

You can't politicise all lives.

1 Like

Re: Army Jolted By Resignations, Warns Against Early Retirement by JaskanFactor: 8:53am On Jan 07, 2023
so called Nigerian army is only Nigerian in name, its a European organisation staffed by Nigerians, and its working against the interest of Nigerian people, its been linked to terrorists killing Nigerians, its been linked to kidnappers etc and same goes for the police and all other security agencies in Nigeria are actually European organisation.

Why would any African in their right mind want tow work for organisation that is serving the racist enemies of African people.

Let everybody retire from army to defend their community, since Nigerian army is working for European interests , which are against the interests of Nigerians now more so than ever before, when colonial interests are sponsoring the terrorist killing Nigerians in their homes.
Re: Army Jolted By Resignations, Warns Against Early Retirement by arantess: 9:13am On Jan 07, 2023
hakeem4:
If I say I’m no longer interested in the army and you’ are trying to force me to keep serving. I’d just frustrate the system and you have no choice than to sack me grin
You will be tried for treason

Best is to abscond, they will search for you a few weeks or months and carry on again

Many have done this way

1 Like

Re: Army Jolted By Resignations, Warns Against Early Retirement by wonder233: 9:31am On Jan 07, 2023
Can you imagine!
Dpharisee:

I passed the exam went to Kaduna and it was all about who gave you a letter for the selection board chairman and who is your daddy in Nigeria, those with passion for military service weren't taken, Nothing like merit and that's why they are not doing so well
Re: Army Jolted By Resignations, Warns Against Early Retirement by Lastborn12(m): 10:26am On Jan 07, 2023
Pipefitter:

By so doing, you will miss the gratuity and pension you laboured for..
Re: Army Jolted By Resignations, Warns Against Early Retirement by Irupetepete: 10:34am On Jan 07, 2023
Fortruth:

They are called Nigerian Army ……

You cant even drop your PR well nah?
you are talking as if that nuisance have any sense
Re: Army Jolted By Resignations, Warns Against Early Retirement by Psoul(m): 10:58am On Jan 07, 2023
How can u keep army personnel that has lost interest in the job.
Do you want to frustrate him/her?
Such personnel will be easy tool in the hands of bad boys to use against the army of the government.
Such personnel may get mental issue and start using his arms anyhow.

Let them go instead of keep an unwilling personnel.

1 Like

Re: Army Jolted By Resignations, Warns Against Early Retirement by Dskillful(m): 11:14am On Jan 07, 2023
If the system is not corrupt they won't be leaving in large numbers. Upgrade their salaries and allowances. Police earn more than Army, why won't they leave when soldiers are treated as rags by superior officers. We all know the truth.... Army is a voluntary organization so if anybody feel like leaving, please grant them their request.

1 Like

Re: Army Jolted By Resignations, Warns Against Early Retirement by Emman08: 11:31am On Jan 07, 2023
Not many people can tolerate the discrimination. They'll rather live their lives free elsewhere
Re: Army Jolted By Resignations, Warns Against Early Retirement by Spidermon: 11:36am On Jan 07, 2023
One President will delete like 20 - 30 generals to favor a preferred candidate to top positions ... that time, una no sabi say experience go lost abi ?
Re: Army Jolted By Resignations, Warns Against Early Retirement by Prosperity4All: 11:39am On Jan 07, 2023
nurey:
If dem go our daddy would recruit 50million youths more into the Army, he would feed them agbado and cassava taya grin cheesy
And give them plenty drugs so they can remain in service grin
Re: Army Jolted By Resignations, Warns Against Early Retirement by Dpharisee: 11:52am On Jan 07, 2023
wonder233:
Can you imagine!
I passed the exam a second time, did so well in every activity with experience from my previous attempt, even got a Colonel to help, then I realised I needed a serving or retired general or a highly placed Northern traditional ruler to back me up with a note to the board.
I saw some of those who couldn't even complete the marathon and obstacles crossing get called up to commence studies.
One of the friends I made there who was not good at anything we did in the Camp got admitted because of the status of his father.

I felt bad not for myself but for the country loosing real talents and future great military commanders to mediocrity

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Jolted By Resignations, Warns Against Early Retirement by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jan 07, 2023
post=119791092:
GOD BLESS OUR DARLING NIGERIAN ARMY.

Again,
GOD BLESS OUR GALLANT SOLDIERS over and over again.

God bless our darling soldiers.

Our soldiers need all the support they can get from the government and encouragement from the citizens.

We will win this war as a nation.

God bless our gallant soldiers as they lay their lives on the line for peace to reign in our darling nation.

[/b]
Thank you sir,
A picture speaks more than a thousand words!
Dem [b]MANNA
the truth in da building.
We will keep killing them with undiluted truths on a weekly basis.

Once again, God bless our Army.

Again, God bless Our Gallant and Darling Soldiers.

At this point I have to consider you a bot specially created for comic relief. No human can have this level of lack of self awareness.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dalung: United States Of Nigeria, Trolls Blast Him, He Locks Twitter Account / N530B Arms Contract Probe : Army Generals Block Magu / ABU Graduates Defend Dino Melaye, Say Their Names Not On Convocation List Too

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.