Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,858 members, 7,817,541 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:01 PM

Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk - Islam for Muslims (166) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk (165281 Views)

Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? / Advice To Muslim Singles / Muslim Singles Matching Service (MSMS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) ... (223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by baba11(m): 9:44am On Oct 29, 2013
Gooci:
oops.. mayb it was my misconception ryt from d start...... whats the thread for? is it just to share our views on things?
Why didn't you look before you leap?Everyone here is just sharing their respective opinions on what ought to be done before marriage takes place!
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by 1n2n3(f): 11:09am On Oct 29, 2013
babylolaroy: mashaaAllah. Am not a niqabite buh i av a dream to that effect inshaaAllah. i am a law student and it is not allowed in law. thats what is stopping me buh inshaaAllah as soon as am done with law, i will start using the niqab...i wont practise law niyen

Mashallah. may Allah keep and increase your iman
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Gooci(m): 3:40pm On Oct 30, 2013
baba11: Why didn't you look before you leap?Everyone here is just sharing their respective opinions on what ought to be done before marriage takes place!
now i got it
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by hybeenoni: 10:00pm On Oct 30, 2013
Hmmm I so mch luv d names fauziyya, hameeda, aisha, adam

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by kayword(m): 3:49pm On Nov 01, 2013
@All, what are the rules guiding the use of birth control/ family planning methods. How do one go about it? Or maybe its not allowed in Islam??
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by babylolaroy(f): 4:25pm On Nov 01, 2013
baba11: Why didn't you look before you leap?Everyone here is just sharing their respective opinions on what ought to be done before marriage takes place!
haha na. i think he wasnt totally wrong. dia is no thread specially created for brothers to find marriageable sisters. so if hez really serious, dia is no harm in using ds medium na...he cud be lucky
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by tpia5: 4:39pm On Nov 01, 2013
he might need to use dating section if he's looking for potential relationships.

better still, go the old fashioned way and just do face to face interaction.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by babylolaroy(f): 5:04pm On Nov 01, 2013
he wants a muslim decent sister wic he may not readily find in d dating section
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by tpia5: 5:41pm On Nov 01, 2013
i think the posters here said the thread is not for marriage but to share views, so if he's looking for marriage, he might have to check elsewhere on the forum or better still, go the regular route which is real time interaction.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by baba11(m): 8:31pm On Nov 01, 2013
babylolaroy:
haha na. i think he wasnt totally wrong. dia is no thread specially created for brothers to find marriageable sisters. so if hez really serious, dia is no harm in using ds medium na...he cud be lucky
henhen okay nah!
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by baba11(m): 8:51pm On Nov 01, 2013
tpia@:
i think the posters here said the thread is not for marriage but to share views, so if he's looking for marriage, he might have to check elsewhere on the forum or better still, go the regular route which is real time interaction.
.Try to contribute your own opinions,nobody can never tell u might find someone that have what you want and u might pick it up frm there,i think since we are muslims and single,this is an avenue to meet up BUT IT IS NOT A DATING THREAD,ABEG#just my own saying sha,u might av contrary opinions,let's discuss!!!
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by harmeenart(f): 9:12pm On Nov 01, 2013
kayword: @All, what are the rules guiding the use of birth control/ family planning methods. How do one go about it? Or maybe its not allowed in Islam??
Interested o.brb
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by harmeenart(f): 9:24pm On Nov 01, 2013
Personally,I read something on the withdrawal method being permissible.But we know whatever Allah has decreed will surely be.
But here is what I found now.Hope you find it useful.

Is it permissible to use birth control so that a person has a child every five years, because he sees the corruption in society and would not be able to raise a lot of children close in age in this overwhelmingly corrupt society?

Praise be to Allaah.

We put this question to Shaykh Muhammad ibn Saalih al-‘Uthaymeen, may Allaah preserve him, who replied:

So long as this is the intention, then it is not permissible to do this, because it reflects a lack of trust in Allaah with regard to the hadeeth of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) who said “Marry the one who is loving and fertile…”

But if the birth control has to do with the condition of the woman – because she cannot cope with repeated pregnancies – this may be permissible, but it is better not to do it.

Question: Do you mean that it is more important to pay attention to the woman’s condition than to the corrupt nature of society?

Answer: Of course, because there is no certainty that one’s children will be corrupt; they may be righteous people who will bring benefits to society. And Allaah knows best.
Shaykh Muhammad ibn Saalih al-‘Uthaymeen

And this;
according to Jabir radiyaahu canhu said: "we use to do azli(withdrawal) while Quran is revealing and Prophet did not prohibit? my question is as follows
1- Is it allowed to use a condom/pill?
2- if so what is the conditions?
3- what type of niyyah do we need to have at performing either or both"Condom/Pills/cazli?
4- Why the Companion doing this?

Praise be to Allaah.

Firstly, what the Muslims should do is to try to have as many children as they can, because this is the command of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), who said: “Marry the one who is loving and fertile, for I will be proud of your great numbers before the nations.” (Narrated by Abu Dawood, 2050; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood, 1805).

Having more children increases the numbers of the ummah, and increasing the numbers of the ummah is a source of its glory, as Allaah says, reminding the Children of Israel of His blessings:

“and made you more numerous in man-power”

[al-Isra’ 15:6 – interpretation of the meaning]

And Shu’ayb said to his people:

“And remember when you were but few, and He multiplied you”

[al-A’raaf 7:86 – interpretation of the meaning]

No one can deny that having a large number is a source of pride and strength for the ummah, contrary to what those pessimists think who say that large numbers causes poverty and starvation in a nation.

If the ummah increases in number, puts its trust in Allaah and believes His promises as mentioned in the aayah,

“And no moving (living) creature is there on earth but its provision is due from Allaah”

[Hood 11:6 – interpretation of the meaning], then Allaah will make things easy for them and will grant them independence of means from His bounty. Based on that, the answer to your question is as follows:

Birth control pills:

A woman should not use birth control pills, unless the following conditions are met:

1- She should need to use them, for example if she is ill and cannot cope with a pregnancy every year, or she is physically unfit, or there is some other reason that getting pregnant every year may harm her.

2- Her husband should give his permission, because the husband has the right to have children. There must also be consultation with the doctor, to find out whether these pills are harmful or not.

If these two conditions are met, there is nothing wrong with taking these pills, but that should not be on a permanent basis, because that means preventing having children.

With regard to ‘azl (coitus interruptus), or withdrawing during intercourse, the correct scholarly view is that there is nothing wrong with it, because of the hadeeth of Jaabir (may Allaah be pleased with him): “We used to practise ‘azl at the time when the Qur’aan was being revealed” – i.e., at the time of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). If that action had been haraam, the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) would have forbidden it. But the scholars say that one should not engage in ‘azl with a free woman except with her permission, because she has the right to have children. Moreover, withdrawing without her permission diminishes her pleasure, because the woman’s pleasure can only be completed after ejaculation. So not asking her permission causes her to lose out on pleasure and on the possibility of having children. Hence we state the condition that this may only be done with her permission.

From Fataawa al-Shaykh Muhammad ibn ‘Uthaymeen.

From Fataawa Islamiyyah, vol. 3, p. 190.

Thirdly: the reason why the Sahaabah engaged in ‘azl was because they did not want the woman – especially a slave woman – to get pregnant, so that they could continue to enjoy a physical relationship with them and the woman would still be able to do their work. Abu Dawood narrated that a man said, “O Messenger of Allaah, I have a slave woman and I engage in ‘azl with her, because I do not want her to get pregnant, but I want what men want. But the Jews say that ‘azl is a lesser form of infanticide.” He said, “The Jews are lying. If Allaah wants to create (a child) you cannot prevent that.” (Narrated by Abu Dawood, Kitaab al-Nikaah, 1856; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood, 1903).

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Esji80(m): 10:27pm On Nov 01, 2013
babylolaroy: he wants a muslim decent sister wic he may not readily find in d dating section

Ummu Nusaybah you are very right.

IF I'm to look for a sister that'll marry, ds thread s d best to meet decent sisters.Hu av strong love for d deen.

BUT for Allah's sake we shld be serious...Also in a way d@ would'nt derail d thread.

In Q24:26 Allah s.w.t says "...Good men are for good women, and good women are also for good men"..rough trans.

In another verse HE says "O you who believe,why do you say that whch you don't do..."

Jazakumullahu khaira
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Nobody: 10:48pm On Nov 02, 2013
Salam alaykum. what's the Islamic ruling on doing aqdun nikkah and the walimah as two separate occasions? Like for instance, having the aqd this month, then doing the walimah 5 months later?
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by babylolaroy(f): 11:52pm On Nov 02, 2013
am33rah: Salam alaykum. what's the Islamic ruling on doing aqdun nikkah and the walimah as two separate occasions? Like for instance, having the aqd this month, then doing the walimah 5 months later?
huh?..se looto. ah.neva hear am b4 o..buh pple too dey like wahala o...do wedding within 2hrs and go home...ewo tun ni wolimat nsin
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by baba11(m): 4:01am On Nov 03, 2013
babylolaroy:
huh?..se looto. ah.neva hear am b4 o..buh pple too dey like wahala o...do wedding within 2hrs and go home...ewo tun ni wolimat nsin
.....that's the latest trend for marriage in southwest.I don't know why our people like wasting money,after it,we'll now be hearing different complains on money.Oga o,i don't know when my people'll stop this showing off(owanbe) attitude but everybody with his or her own opinions and orientations.There's little anyone can do about it but to accept it!!
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Nobody: 6:31am On Nov 03, 2013
baba11: .....that's the latest trend for marriage in southwest.I don't know why our people like wasting money,after it,we'll now be hearing different complains on money.Oga o,i don't know when my people'll stop this showing off(owanbe) attitude but everybody with his or her own opinions and orientations.There's little anyone can do about it but to accept it!!
I think the reason why some people do that is because they want the marriage contract sealed (aqd) even though they don't have enough money yet or are not prepared to invite the public for the proclamation and item 7 things(walimah). I know some Muslim students do aqd first to avoid zinah,then the walimah later when they are finally ready.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by babylolaroy(f): 6:49am On Nov 03, 2013
sometimes the ceremony isnt even to show off buh pple just wanna follow trend so dat odas wnt say its a low key wedding, maybe d bride is preggy, maybe d parents are too poor...maybe! maybe!

my sister i dnt know the necessity of walimat in a wedding as yu asked in ur quesn buh i do know its not one of the four essentials of marriage.
there has to be offer and acceptance bywn d spouses
there has to be parental consent or any oda waliy
there has to be mahr...dowry
there has to be atleast 2male sane witnesses

walimah isnt a requisite. thus with all ds points nd without walimah....a wedding is valid

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by busar(m): 7:25am On Nov 03, 2013
Doing walimah isn't a new thing in islam.Even the prophet told Abdrahman bn Auf to do little walimah for them when he heard that he had gotten a new iyawo cool.So walimah is just for entertaining people.Wal llahu a'alam.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by tunshe: 7:59am On Nov 03, 2013
babylolaroy: mashaaAllah. Am not a niqabite buh i av a dream to that effect inshaaAllah. i am a law student and it is not allowed in law. thats what is stopping me buh inshaaAllah as soon as am done with law, i will start using the niqab...i wont practise law niyen

I admire your comments most times but the bolded got me disturbed.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by babylolaroy(f): 6:20pm On Nov 03, 2013
tunshe:

dont be disturbed. it simply means i dont wanna practice law for a genuine reason though. Hijab isnt allowed in practice. you dontt want me to sacrifice it for law, do yu?
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Fulaman198(m): 6:54pm On Nov 03, 2013
A woman with a good giving heart, one of course who saves herself for marriage like a true Muslimah. A woman who will be the same everywhere she is. If possible, a woman who speaks Fulfulde fluently. A woman who is not judgemental of others.

Physically, it is hard for me to speak on this subject because I feel I would be judged, so I won't speak on it.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by tunshe: 7:30pm On Nov 03, 2013
Fulaman198: A woman with a good giving heart, one of course who saves herself for marriage like a true Muslimah. A woman who will be the same everywhere she is. If possible, a woman who speaks Fulfulde fluently. A woman who is not judgemental of others.

Physically, it is hard for me to speak on this subject because I feel I would be judged, so I won't speak on it.

Brother,are you singing or reciting poem?

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Fulaman198(m): 8:46pm On Nov 03, 2013
tunshe:

Brother,are you singing or reciting poem?

Lol what makes you say that, I love poetry though
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by baba11(m): 7:19am On Nov 04, 2013
tunshe:

...i was a little bit amazes also when i saw it but it was doused when i recalled that that's her wish besides,i know some friends in engineering fields that have decided not to practise as an engineer,i even have two of them as full-time musicians which they have started right from the school campus and they are still on it till now,so my sister,follow your mind so that happy life'll be yours!Maybe you didn't even have passion for it right from the outset?#justsayingsha!!!
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by harmeenart(f): 8:44am On Nov 06, 2013
am33rah: Salam alaykum. what's the Islamic ruling on doing aqdun nikkah and the walimah as two separate occasions? Like for instance, having the aqd this month, then doing the walimah 5 months later?

Wa alaykum salam.I think it's permitted based on the evidence of the prophet telling Abdulrahman bn Awf to do walima after the aqdu.
Well,its commön at my side here.I think one reason why it is done that way is to avoid zina.At least they become halal to them selves.But one problem I have with this way is d wife getting pregnant before the walima or before publicizing they are married.It leaves much doubt in peoples mind and just gives room for suspicion.Personally,av seen cases where people are like " those ahlajas too hmmm".How many people can u explain to that they have done aqd?
So for me I think its best you just do everything at once,if its only 10 people u can cater for,fine,and make it public.Tell your friends ,family,neighbours about it.And if you still want to do the big walima,then i'ld prefer the marriage shouldnt be cönsummated till anounced.Almost like being single sef,but its better than zinna.
And one other thing I forgot to add,here in the southwest,we like party o.So,we expect u to throw a big öne for us o.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by harmeenart(f): 8:45am On Nov 06, 2013

Wa alaykum salam.I think it's permitted based on the evidence of the prophet telling Abdulrahman bn Awf to do walima after his nikkah after the aqdu.
Well,its commön at my side here.I think one reason why it is done that way is to avoid zina.At least they become halal to them selves.But one problem I have with this way is d wife getting pregnant before the walima or before publicizing they are married.It leaves much doubt in peoples mind and just gives room for suspicion.Personally,av seen cases where people are like " those ahlajas too hmmm".How many people can u explain to that they have done aqd?
So for me I think its best you just do everything at once,if its only 10 people u can cater for,fine,and make it public.Tell your friends ,family,neighbours about it.And if you still want to do the big walima,then i'ld prefer the marriage shouldnt be cönsummated till anounced.Almost like being single sef,but its better than zinna.
And one other thing I forgot to add,here in the southwest,we like party o.So,we expect u to throw a big öne for us o.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by harmeenart(f): 8:46am On Nov 06, 2013

Wa alaykum salam.I think it's permitted based on the evidence of the prophet telling Abdulrahman bn Awf to do walima after the aqdu.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by harmeenart(f): 8:56am On Nov 06, 2013
Ignore my multiple posts.Mistake jare
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by baba11(m): 11:34am On Nov 06, 2013
harmeenart: Ignore my multiple posts.Mistake jare,....ok
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by bntY: 6:07pm On Nov 06, 2013
@hameenat,I totally agree wt ur submission.

(1) (2) (3) ... (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) ... (223) (Reply)

Our Condolence Message To Lagosboy / Islamic Names And Their Meanings / The Names Of 7 Gates To Jahannam And 8 Gates To Jannah.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.