Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,220 members, 7,829,361 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:05 AM

Why Do People Become Atheist. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do People Become Atheist. (1797 Views)

How Do People Become Atheists / Why Do People Become More Spiritual When They Are Poor? / How Did Black People Become Black? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do People Become Atheist. by sexsinners(m): 8:39pm On Sep 04, 2011
Well it's simple they are idiots
Re: Why Do People Become Atheist. by claremont(m): 8:41pm On Sep 04, 2011
Well, if that's your opinion, then so be it!
Re: Why Do People Become Atheist. by mobf: 8:44pm On Sep 04, 2011
sexsinners:

SMH
Re: Why Do People Become Atheist. by denzel2009: 9:28pm On Sep 04, 2011
Most of the time they prayed and didn't see any manifestation or instant answered prayers.

It's so easy to forget that some people somewhere are praying for them secretly and they conclude everything is luck.
Re: Why Do People Become Atheist. by Nobody: 10:14pm On Sep 04, 2011
Pathetic embarassed
Re: Why Do People Become Atheist. by manmustwac(m): 10:59pm On Sep 04, 2011
its to do with R.E.A.L.I.T.Y.
Re: Why Do People Become Atheist. by thehomer: 11:40pm On Sep 04, 2011
sexsinners:

Nah, maybe its because God died.
Re: Why Do People Become Atheist. by Nobody: 11:49pm On Sep 04, 2011
manmustwac:

its to do with R.E.A.L.I.T.Y.
interesting. Like what and what are the reality(s)
Re: Why Do People Become Atheist. by harakiri(m): 7:59am On Sep 05, 2011
@poster, People like you are always quick to label moslems as intolerant fanatics and yet, you are the same person labelling non religious people as ediots all because they stopped believing what they were indoctrinated with from childhood. For someone who believes mankind evolved from sand and believes a virgin can get pregnant without sleeping with a man, I wonder who the ediot really is. Pathetic.
Re: Why Do People Become Atheist. by sexsinners(m): 8:14am On Sep 05, 2011
harakiri:

@poster, People like you are always quick to label moslems as intolerant fanatics and yet, you are the same person labelling non religious people as ediots all because they stopped believing what they were indoctrinated with from childhood. For someone who believes mankind evolved from sand and believes a virgin can get pregnant without sleeping with a man, I wonder who the ediot really is. Pathetic.

that's why i asked to get a better understanding

and just because God hates you doesn't mean he hates all of us.God has talked to me and given me many miracles ,my whole existance is proof god exist. you don't have to believe the biblebut can ju atleast believe there is a supreme being.
Re: Why Do People Become Atheist. by harakiri(m): 8:34am On Sep 05, 2011
@poster, There are tonnes of Atheist threads where non religious people have exhaustively explained the concept of atheism so you saying you want to have a "better understanding" is a blatant lie. Also, if you've heard the voice of this god, what did it sound like and what language? You say your god hates us and I wonder how you got that info. You are talking about his "work" in your life and if it's success you're talking about. . .well, perhaps you ought to know that several decent/progressive countries are mainly non religious (finland,sweden,switzerland,leichestein,luxembourg etc). Also, a lot of the world's wealthiest individuals are non religious. As an Atheist, I can tell you I am doing quite well for myself. If I am going through some difficulties, I take it as one of those things rather running from one prayer house to the other or going to endless night vigils to pray against "evil forces", lol. I am yet to see the "special blessings" from this god that is mutually exclusive to religious people. Atheists get sick same way you do. Atheists die same way you do. So what are you talking about? With all the prayers for blessings in Nigeria, you begin to wonder why there's so much poverty in the land. Or perhaps, the people suffering are the Atheists! Lol, keeping dwelling in self delusion.
Re: Why Do People Become Atheist. by harakiri(m): 8:52am On Sep 05, 2011
A great philosopher once said and I quote "I DISTRUST PEOPLE WHO CLAIM TO HEAR THE VOICE OF GOD BECAUSE THAT "VOICE" ALWAYS COINCIDES WITH THEIR HEART'S DESIRES". Anybody can do any sort of wicked act and justify it as the "will of god" or say "that's what god ministered to them". Keep decieving yourselves. The most wicked and dishonest people I have ever come across are the ones who can't utter three sentences without calling god,god,god. I might not be religious but I have the common sense to decipher right from wrong. There's a "christian broda" who lives opposite me, he started attending service in one of the pentecostal churches within the axis and between june and august (three months), he has slept with at least eight ladies (which I know of) from THE SAME CHURCH! This is the same person that dresses "corporately",carries a big bible and talks as if he's a messenger from heaven. He even tried having a religious debate with me at one time but I shut him up with a few verses from that same bible. Tell me something. . . The Atheist who gives to charity because he/she feels its the right thing to do or the "Born again" christian who gives because the bible says so/they want abundant blessings in return. . .who is the better person? Who has the moral high ground? And you have the nerve to utter nonsensities. Hypocrites!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Become Atheist. by sexsinners(m): 9:06am On Sep 05, 2011
harakiri:

A great philosopher once said and I quote "I DISTRUST PEOPLE WHO CLAIM TO HEAR THE VOICE OF GOD BECAUSE THAT "VOICE" ALWAYS COINCIDES WITH THEIR HEART'S DESIRES". Anybody can do any sort of wicked act and justify it as the "will of god" or say "that's what god ministered to them". Keep decieving yourselves. The most wicked and dishonest people I have ever come across are the ones who can't utter three sentences without calling god,god,god. I might not be religious but I have the common sense to decipher right from wrong. There's a "christian broda" who lives opposite me, he started attending service in one of the pentecostal churches within the axis and between june and august (three months), he has slept with at least eight ladies (which I know of) from THE SAME CHURCH! This is the same person that dresses "corporately",carries a big bible and talks as if he's a messenger from heaven. He even tried having a religious debate with me at one time but I shut him up with a few verses from that same bible. Tell me something. . . The Atheist who gives to charity because he/she feels its the right thing to do or the "Born again" christian who gives because the bible says so/they want abundant blessings in return. . .who is the better person? Who has the moral high ground? And you have the nerve to utter nonsensities. Hypocrites!

Gods voice was echo like and soft i didn't hear words i felt it and understood.

and like i like to say only God knows ,we just have to keep our faith for a better afterlife.
Re: Why Do People Become Atheist. by Nobody: 9:26am On Sep 05, 2011
Manmustwac, im waiting for u to show me the REALITY you are talking about
Re: Why Do People Become Atheist. by Nobody: 9:33am On Sep 05, 2011
I must add , that in my opinion there are many disillusioned souls who take out their wrath ( though they also do not believe in him) on GOD

I am almost getting confused myself grin

Seriously , an atheist is simply another name for a confused fellow !!
Re: Why Do People Become Atheist. by Nobody: 9:44am On Sep 05, 2011
yea
Re: Why Do People Become Atheist. by tEsLim(m): 10:04am On Sep 05, 2011
People may become athesit when

* They gain more knowledge and understand that the super selling novel called bible is pure fiction

* that the story of god/gods lack evidence and this god may not exist is it is defined.

* they got liberated. they're the real liberals lol. all religion is human invention. and most likely men created god in their own image
Re: Why Do People Become Atheist. by Nobody: 11:14am On Sep 05, 2011
tEsLim:

* They gain more knowledge and understand that the super selling novel called bible is pure fiction

* that the story of god/gods lack evidence and this god may not exist is it is defined.

* they got liberated. they're the real liberals lol. all religion is human invention. and most likely men created god in their own image
tEsLim:

Let me challenge u. Have u gotten any proof to back up ur claims?
Re: Why Do People Become Atheist. by tEsLim(m): 11:26am On Sep 05, 2011
What other claims ? Or what proofs you need than logic to know its stupid for

1. one man to gather all animals in pairs 2. man to name animals 3. man to walk on water 4. man without architectural knowledge or anythign to build huge titanic called Noah's arc just him lol and plus if i can remember Noah was a drunkard 5. for Jonah to sleep in a whale / shark 6. tsunami to destory the whole world 6. for Moses to split red sea 7. for human to turn salt for looking back 8. for someone to be born without father having sex with mother (that dude is probably a bastard and john the carpenter was a fool to believe the story from the cheating wife) 9. list goes on jare
Re: Why Do People Become Atheist. by Nobody: 12:01pm On Sep 05, 2011
tEsLim:

What other claims ? Or what proofs you need than logic to know its silly for

1. one man to gather all animals in pairs

Whats the big deal in doing this? what about Farmers with large farms

tEsLim:

2. man to name animals
And so what? Dont u give animals pet names that becomes permanent and when they are called by such they respond?

tEsLim:

3. man to walk on water

tEsLim:

4. man without architectural knowledge or anything to build huge titanic called Noah's arc just him lol and plus if i can remember Noah was a drunkard
So? Im a REAL ESTATE SURVEYOR AND VALUER, Yet i design and build. Whats the big deal in doing that?

tEsLim:

5. for Jonah to sleep in a whale / shark
Why cant it be possible? u ve got any proof that suggests it cant be possible?

tEsLim:

6. tsunami to destroy the whole world 6. for Moses to split red sea
Cant it also be possible?

tEsLim:

7. for human to turn salt for looking back
What if the human disobeyed what he/she was told to do and got the punishment for doing so?
tEsLim:

8. for someone to be born without father [b]Being Intimate with mothe[/b]r (that dude is probably a bastard and john the carpenter was a fool to believe the story from the cheating wife)
Is it only through sexual intercourse between a man and a woman that a woman can get pregnant? Have u heard of IVF?

tEsLim:

9. list goes on jare
bring them on jare
Re: Why Do People Become Atheist. by harakiri(m): 12:15pm On Sep 05, 2011
frosbel:

I must add , that in my opinion there are many disillusioned souls who take out their wrath ( though they also do not believe in him)  on GOD

I am almost getting confused myself  grin

Seriously ,  an atheist is simply another name for a confused fellow !!

This is coming from someone who cannot verify the authenticity of his religion apart from what he has been indoctrinated from childhood. This is someone who believes donkeys talk and a man killed a lion by ripping it's mouth into two with his bare hands. This is coming from someone who's bible was endorsed by a pagan king (KING JAMES) who didn't believe in Christianity but used it as a means to have control over the masses. This is coming from someone who wouldn't be a Christian today if the slave traders hadn't come to enslave his forefathers. This is coming from someone who has no sense of direction in his life other than what he has been brainwashed with and what he has been told is "the right thing" to do.

Look at who's calling someone confused. Religion indeed is a disease of the mind! ! !
Re: Why Do People Become Atheist. by ecenter(m): 1:44pm On Sep 05, 2011
Because they just want provoke God. Because Atheism is the belief that God or Satan does not exist. Imagine the likeness! Let me tell you what the Bible said about them. The Bible said that there is no peace with them and they are fools who say there is no God.
Re: Why Do People Become Atheist. by tEsLim(m): 2:42pm On Sep 05, 2011
@Toba I just realized Jesus was born via IVF grin , well that explains it better. You guys should have told us the truth earlier than the holy birth crap
Re: Why Do People Become Atheist. by Nobody: 3:01pm On Sep 05, 2011
Pathetic.

I asked u a question and u said Jesus was born via IVF?

How do u know that?
Re: Why Do People Become Atheist. by globexl: 6:02pm On Sep 05, 2011
Here Goes Toba again asking athiest to prove this and prove that. When will he get it? Athiesm is neither a religious or even a philosophical proposition. It is not a dogma. It is not a competing religion. Maybe u get confused with the ISM. An athiest does not require any specialized knowlege. It is not a requirement. Infants are ,by default,athiest until parents begin to program them with beliefes. An athiest is in control of his mind. You , on the other hand , are a product of your faith. Your worldview and viewpoint are shaped by the beliefs that hold you. An athiest viewpoints are his,not the other way round. He is free to upgrade his knowledge and viewpoint anytime without fear of contradiction.
And I want you, are you lonely in your faith? Why the angst against people who just simply say they dont beleive in god? Why do you and your fellow christians use the hate and deparaging of athiest to validate your own deep faith? I hate atheists therefore I am? You prove that your beliefs are rooted on shaky grounds when u need an athiest to prove this or prove that.
THERE IS NOTHING TO PROVE. I cannot prove a negative. Common sense and skeptism are universal. Use yours as you deem fit and leave others to theirs.
If we athiest are wrong , on judgement day, would your all-wise and all-knowing god judge me my beliefs while on earth or for my deeds and actions while on earth?.
Re: Why Do People Become Atheist. by Nobody: 6:06pm On Sep 05, 2011
U would have done better if u actually read my post properly and deduced what i was requesting from Teslim before typing your post.

Let teslim respond and not you on his behalf lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do People Become Atheist. by globexl: 6:27pm On Sep 05, 2011
I did not respond on his behalf.
I posted on my own. You always refuse to respond to simple arguments. It is always the same with you. prove this and prove that. i have never seen you articulate any good and coherent argument to support any positions you hold. You behave like a sniper who is there just to shoot down whatever is moving.
No matter our differnces in beliefs, i eagerly yearn to read a good and sensible argument, neccesarily convincing, but sensible, from your camp.
Re: Why Do People Become Atheist. by Nobody: 6:29pm On Sep 05, 2011
thank you

Next?
Re: Why Do People Become Atheist. by globexl: 6:49pm On Sep 05, 2011
ecenter:

Because they just want provoke God. Because Atheism is the belief that God or Satan does not exist. Imagine the likeness! Let me tell you what the Bible said about them. The Bible said that there is no peace with them and they are fools who say there is no God.

So, your god, the creator of the universe, can be provoked just because I( a grain of sand in the desert) does not believe in him? So who's feeling insecure? Does that mean that your god needs me more than I need him?.
and pls , If there is one and only god then who is satan? where is satan in the creation story? when and why did your god create satan or are they brothers? pls explain.
Re: Why Do People Become Atheist. by harakiri(m): 7:00pm On Sep 05, 2011
globexl:

I did not respond on his behalf.
I posted on my own. You always refuse to respond to simple arguments. It is always the same with you. prove this and prove that. i have never  seen you articulate any good and coherent argument to support any positions you hold. You behave  like a sniper who is there just to shoot down whatever is moving.
No matter our differnces in beliefs, i eagerly yearn to read a good and sensible argument, neccesarily convincing, but sensible, from your camp. 

You really have time ooo! I can't believe you are actually replying that guy. Even if you type a post that fills up an entire page explicitly explaining that ATHEISM IS THE DISBELIEF IN RELIGION, the dunce/zombie/reetard/nitwit/half wit/nincompoop will still ask reetarded questions like "prove it" as if there's anything to prove. Bantering which reetards like these are detrimental to your well being man. You know better. Don't waste your time with unrepentant dullards.
Re: Why Do People Become Atheist. by Nobody: 7:10pm On Sep 05, 2011
Frustration! cheesy grin grin
Re: Why Do People Become Atheist. by harakiri(m): 7:15pm On Sep 05, 2011
sexkillz:

Frustration! cheesy grin grin

Are you this reetarded or are you playing a game? In between, get that corny pix off your profile coz it makes you look more stoopid than you really are.

Puttzzz! ! !

(1) (2) (Reply)

The "Real" Reason Why Judas Committed Suicide / One In 13 People Have Ape-like Feet / Looking For A Born Again Christian Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.