Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,196 members, 7,815,181 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:34 AM

No Cause For Alarm, Elections Will Hold - FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Cause For Alarm, Elections Will Hold - FG (5455 Views)

Governor Wike: Hold FG Responsible If Ortom Is Assassinated / Orji Kalu: High Court Verdict Can't Stand, No Cause For Alarm - Lawyer / Ambode Reacts To EFCC Searching His House, Says No Cause For Alarm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Cause For Alarm, Elections Will Hold - FG by valentineuwakwe(m): 6:53pm On Jan 10, 2023
The Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed on Tuesday said the 2023 elections will be held as planned.
Mohammed said this in Abuja at the 17th edition of the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.) scorecard series from 2015-2023.

The minister’s assurance came in the wake of killings allegedly perpetrated by the Eastern Security Network, the militant arm of the outlawed Indigenous People of Biafra and banditry in the North-West.

According to the Independent National Electoral Commission, over 41 attacks had been carried out against its offices across 14 states since the 2019 general election, with the South-East recording 13 attacks.

The attacks which started in Abia on May 9, 2021, spread to Enugu and Ebonyi, with three incidents each; Imo, with two attacks; Anambra and Abia with one each and in Bayelsa and Akwa Ibom states.

Also, INEC on Monday raised the alarm over the rising security situation across the country and its impact on the 2023 general elections.

The INEC Chairman, Mahmood Yakubu, who spoke at the validation of election security training resources in Abuja noted that the forthcoming election faces serious threat of cancellation should the insecurity across the country fail to improve.

Yakubu, represented by the Chairman, Board of Electoral Institute, Abdullahi Zuru, explained that “if the insecurity is not monitored and dealt with decisively, it could ultimately culminate in the cancellation and/or postponement of elections in sufficient constituencies to hinder declaration of election results and precipitate constitutional crisis.

Mohammed, however, said the Federal Government is aware that INEC is working with the security agencies to ensure that the elections are successfully held across the country.

He said, “Let me use this opportunity to respond to inquiries from the media over a widely-circulated report, credited to an INEC official that the 2023 general elections face a serious threat of cancellation due to insecurity.

“The position of the Federal Government remains that the 2023 elections will be held as planned. Nothing has happened to change that position. We are aware that INEC is working wth the security agencies to ensure that the elections are successfully held across the country.

“The security agencies have also continued to assure Nigerians that they are working tirelessly to ensure that the elections are held in a peaceful atmosphere. Therefore, there is no cause for alarm.”

Source: https://punchng.com/no-cause-for-alarm-elections-will-hold-fg/?amp

2 Likes

Re: No Cause For Alarm, Elections Will Hold - FG by PrinceOfLagos: 7:02pm On Jan 10, 2023
Very good

We can't wait

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Cause For Alarm, Elections Will Hold - FG by Elenih: 7:09pm On Jan 10, 2023
The mandate of the deprived Nigerian populates must stand.

8 Likes

Re: No Cause For Alarm, Elections Will Hold - FG by SadiqBabaSani: 7:11pm On Jan 10, 2023
let them be playing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Cause For Alarm, Elections Will Hold - FG by Osariemen12: 7:34pm On Jan 10, 2023
Tinubu supporters eeh!

They want to disenfranchise obidients

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Cause For Alarm, Elections Will Hold - FG by jlinkd78(m): 7:37pm On Jan 10, 2023
Obi has my support

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Cause For Alarm, Elections Will Hold - FG by Banbutton: 6:06am On Jan 11, 2023
Let's us all wish jagaban, congratulations in advance. The best man for the Job.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: No Cause For Alarm, Elections Will Hold - FG by Sonnobax15(m): 6:07am On Jan 11, 2023
grin
Tho I know the election has already been held through the backyard door,and the winner has already been known among themselves,the political criminals angry

From next month,na just mere formalities dem wan do.....Make all of us try use our brains abeg.....No go do gragra follow their paid thugs.....Let's stay alive.......I believe say naija will be great someday but I doubt that with the current crops of politicians we have now sad

Good morning y'all.

2 Likes

Re: No Cause For Alarm, Elections Will Hold - FG by Utanisco(m): 6:07am On Jan 11, 2023
Mtcheeeeeew

Stupid disintegrated place
God pls Give me money abeg
Re: No Cause For Alarm, Elections Will Hold - FG by Amuluonyenaego: 6:08am On Jan 11, 2023
This dude has my vote come February 2023. A president that knows how his people feels. Not the one that can’t even grant interviews to interact with his people.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Cause For Alarm, Elections Will Hold - FG by YungMike(m): 6:09am On Jan 11, 2023
We are hopefully waiting to cast our votes. We all Have our PVC......and hopefully our VOTES will count this time around.

Are you a student who needs a side hustle??.. You can earn up to 3k daily as a Data and Bill payment reseller. Everyone needs DATA, so you can never go wrong in this business.

Check signature for contact details on how to get started:

1 Like

Re: No Cause For Alarm, Elections Will Hold - FG by Heroicvic(m): 6:10am On Jan 11, 2023
Before nko
Re: No Cause For Alarm, Elections Will Hold - FG by Charles545: 6:10am On Jan 11, 2023
Thanks to God.
This is good news coming from the Federal Government of Nigeria
Re: No Cause For Alarm, Elections Will Hold - FG by Ahmed0336(m): 6:10am On Jan 11, 2023
Before nko undecided

They way some people go cry come 26th-27th February eh.....

Please FG should encourage our pharmaceutical companies to produce more BP drugs because the ones in your markets won't be enough.
BTW, doctors should also be on standby to receive unprecedented number of patients grin

1 Like

Re: No Cause For Alarm, Elections Will Hold - FG by xpressionx(m): 6:12am On Jan 11, 2023
We must vote in our choice,no form of intimidation will work this time

1 Like

Re: No Cause For Alarm, Elections Will Hold - FG by unclejb2(m): 6:15am On Jan 11, 2023
Fear don hold Dem

Obi the tsunami is the next president

1 Like

Re: No Cause For Alarm, Elections Will Hold - FG by westlius(m): 6:15am On Jan 11, 2023
Banbutton:
Let's us all wish jagaban, congratulations in advance. The best man for the Job.
I pray ur kids should be like tinubu

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Cause For Alarm, Elections Will Hold - FG by christistruth01: 6:18am On Jan 11, 2023
Those who think they can turn Nigeria into Libya or Somalia should take Note

If a man smashes his head on a Rock the Rock will remain and it is that man who will meet his maker

1 Like

Re: No Cause For Alarm, Elections Will Hold - FG by ZombieSlayer1: 6:20am On Jan 11, 2023
They can never stop us from changing the narratives in this country. Obi gets my vote and Obi will win

1 Like

Re: No Cause For Alarm, Elections Will Hold - FG by ZombieSlayer1: 6:22am On Jan 11, 2023
Banbutton:
Would you employ a man like your jagaban to lead your growing business?
Re: No Cause For Alarm, Elections Will Hold - FG by Nobody: 6:22am On Jan 11, 2023
Banbutton:

You must be a very wicked man!

You want us to vote for a man that wears pampers and can barely walk or raise his hands?
Re: No Cause For Alarm, Elections Will Hold - FG by baretalk: 6:22am On Jan 11, 2023
But you evil myopic FG keep releasing terrorists, instead of killing them.

1 Like

Re: No Cause For Alarm, Elections Will Hold - FG by Banbutton: 6:23am On Jan 11, 2023
westlius:

I pray ur kids should be like tinubu
Sure and your own kids like ANINI
Re: No Cause For Alarm, Elections Will Hold - FG by DaBullIT(m): 6:25am On Jan 11, 2023
They said the same thing last presidential election, Àgbàdo master hijacked bullion van and election was postponed, for those of you who have forgotten or don't know, bubu himself went to his polling unit only to be told election was postponed, Google it

Bear in mind that INEC, presidency and DSS have repeatedly told us elections might not hold over insecurity ( since early last year l Google it too

You see how the boys have calmed down? I mean SHITtima boys, yeah, let them project that they are going to loose and see the boys become active again
Re: No Cause For Alarm, Elections Will Hold - FG by Juanmike(m): 6:25am On Jan 11, 2023
Sonnobax15:
grin
Tho I know the election has already been held through the backyard door,and the winner has already been known among themselves,the political criminals angry

From next month,na just mere formalities dem wan do.....Make all of us try use our brains abeg.....No go do gragra follow their paid thugs.....Let's stay alive.......I believe say naija will be great someday but I doubt that with the current crops of politicians we have now sad

Good morning y'all.
This narrative of an ugu seller at Ose okwaodu. We have gone beyond that. Not business as usual.
Re: No Cause For Alarm, Elections Will Hold - FG by Pickmycall: 6:26am On Jan 11, 2023
This is what they always say but they never bring the insecurity situation under control.
Re: No Cause For Alarm, Elections Will Hold - FG by playpaz: 6:29am On Jan 11, 2023
Good development. i was begning to have some concern
Re: No Cause For Alarm, Elections Will Hold - FG by LAXconfidential(m): 6:30am On Jan 11, 2023
playpaz:
Good development. i was begning to have some concern
Re: No Cause For Alarm, Elections Will Hold - FG by LAXconfidential(m): 6:30am On Jan 11, 2023
Pickmycall:
This is what they always say but they never bring the insecurity situation under control.
Re: No Cause For Alarm, Elections Will Hold - FG by LAXconfidential(m): 6:31am On Jan 11, 2023
Juanmike:
This narrative of an ugu seller at Ose okwaodu. We have gone beyond that. Not business as usual.
Re: No Cause For Alarm, Elections Will Hold - FG by Omahleigh(f): 6:31am On Jan 11, 2023
DaBullIT:
They said the same thing last presidential election, Àgbàdo master hijacked bullion van and election was postponed, for those of you who have forgotten or don't know, bubu himself went to his polling unit only to be told election was postponed, Google it

Bear in mind that INEC, presidency and DSS have repeatedly told us elections might not hold over insecurity ( since early last year l Google it too

You see how the boys have calmed down? I mean SHITtima boys, yeah, let them project that they are going to loose and see the boys become active again

(1) (2) (Reply)

CSU Brouhaha: Photo Of Tinubu Being Awarded As Best Graduating Student. / What Is So Difficult In Road Building? / One Spouse Policy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.