Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,322 members, 7,815,628 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:34 PM

See The Traditional Attire Of Kuteb People - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / See The Traditional Attire Of Kuteb People (38860 Views)

What Actually Is Igbo Traditional Attire / Why Does The Ooni Of Ife Make Use Of The Traditional Edo Eben Dancing Sword / Groomsmen In Igbo Traditional Attire Will Make Ladies Drool (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Traditional Attire Of Kuteb People by twilliamx(m): 3:40am On Jan 11, 2023
hslbroker2:

Don't abuse Africa culture
Abuse? Don't use words that you don't know the meaning
Re: See The Traditional Attire Of Kuteb People by ezenna191(m): 4:03am On Jan 11, 2023
Messi1:
I'm proudly Kuteb by tribe from Taraba state.

Our traditional attire is eye-catching.

Our culture is simply the best.
A people without a culture, are people without identity.
Re: See The Traditional Attire Of Kuteb People by lexy2014: 4:19am On Jan 11, 2023
Messi1:

What is eye catching here? I was expecting to see something never seen before in human history
Re: See The Traditional Attire Of Kuteb People by ibinaboonline: 4:32am On Jan 11, 2023
What you just said here made me sad because it's very true.
Nazgul:
Nigeria is really vast...this is the first time in my life I'm hearing Kuteb. If not for insecurity plaguing this country, Nigeria as a country would make a very good tourist site.

Imagine going to taraba or some other remote tribe in one of the northern States, take pics, eat their local dish and come back to your base.

But the fear of kidnappers, bandits, Boko Haram...etc, wouldn't make you think about it.
Re: See The Traditional Attire Of Kuteb People by tizteezy(m): 5:12am On Jan 11, 2023
I mixed a a lot with the Kuteb tribe during my NYSC. They are nice but stubborn.
Same with the Jukuns.

Overall, I enjoyed my time with them all
Re: See The Traditional Attire Of Kuteb People by tizteezy(m): 5:19am On Jan 11, 2023
crowther15:

You're correct. Takum is like a centre of commerce for those local government like Ussa, Songs etc. I served in Takum. The pupils I taught were very intelligent. The people too are more educated than I envisaged.

Which year did you serve there?
I was equally in Takum in 2017
Re: See The Traditional Attire Of Kuteb People by alizma: 6:23am On Jan 11, 2023
LilMissRobbie:
What exactly are we supposed to do with this information
A typical Nigerian youth. This one too want a better Nigeria but he is rejecting education. Someone come out to educate you and the next thing that come out of your mind is this, ok continue

1 Like

Re: See The Traditional Attire Of Kuteb People by Elidrisy20: 6:26am On Jan 11, 2023
Messi1:

I hear say yam dey cheap for taraba,na true abi na lie?
Re: See The Traditional Attire Of Kuteb People by anzaku47(m): 6:34am On Jan 11, 2023
My roommate in the university was kutep by tribe.
The guy is wao. Some people are born good.
I missed you Uruku.
Re: See The Traditional Attire Of Kuteb People by SodiumValproate: 6:40am On Jan 11, 2023
Messi1:
Baba that one na insult o. How can animal be my babe?
Hope you don domesticate the animal called Jeon kpatakpata grin
Re: See The Traditional Attire Of Kuteb People by Messi1: 7:19am On Jan 11, 2023
SodiumValproate:
Hope you don domesticate the animal called Jeon kpatakpata grin
Yeagrin
Re: See The Traditional Attire Of Kuteb People by Johnawesome(m): 7:39am On Jan 11, 2023
chamba and Tigun actually captured my heart. The rest are just their doing what i don't know.
Re: See The Traditional Attire Of Kuteb People by kernniejay(m): 8:02am On Jan 11, 2023
damoobaba:

What is best about this? You're probably a local champion. Have you visited calabar during the calabar carnival? Have you taken time to Google about the most beautiful cultures in the world. Have you even attended the cultural celebrations of any other tribe in the world.
Don't be vexed by the Op. He is entitled to his opinion. Anyone can claim their culture is the best, it is allowed.
Re: See The Traditional Attire Of Kuteb People by Rotji(m): 8:17am On Jan 11, 2023
damoobaba:

What is best about this? You're probably a local champion. Have you visited calabar during the calabar carnival? Have you taken time to Google about the most beautiful cultures in the world. Have you even attended the cultural celebrations of any other tribe in the world.

Be calming down biko, it's normal for every tribe or ethnic group to consider itself as the best. Every tribe is unique in its way, we should rather appreciate the diversity of our cultures rather than comparisons and criticisms.

For those saying that the kutebs are dark because of one picture should also be calming down, are they supposed to be white Are they not Africans and proudly so
More the exposure of the picture portrayed them as black but they are not really as dark as the Nairaland oyibo are making them to be even in this picture. If you want to see real black Africans check out South Sudanese people you go bow grin grin

In fact Nairaland should encourage the showcasing of our cultures especially the smaller, remote and unknown ones amongst us in Nigeria.

It's very educative, it will also help clear some high level ignorance especially in the South where some people think everyone from the Northern geographical sphere in Naija is Hausa Fulani and Muslim grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: See The Traditional Attire Of Kuteb People by Rotji(m): 8:25am On Jan 11, 2023
IranianSea:

No culture I'm the world can stand YORUBA culture, all other tribes in Nigeria knows that In fact white knows it. Who are you? My first time of hearing about your tribe talk of your culture. Better hide your face before people get to know you with that your culture.

It's very unfortunate we have people like you here, instead of you to appreciate the new knowledge of a tribe you don't know about you are looking down on it just because you are from a major tribe angry this does not tell well of you please.

Some of the prominent Nigerians you hear about are actually from such minority tribes and not from the major ones you thought.

Please appreciate our diversity

1 Like

Re: See The Traditional Attire Of Kuteb People by crowther15(m): 8:34am On Jan 11, 2023
tizteezy:

Which year did you serve there?
I was equally in Takum in 2017
Mine was 2018. I taught at Henry Porter school. I lived in RCCF lodge back then. smiley

1 Like

Re: See The Traditional Attire Of Kuteb People by pocom35: 8:38am On Jan 11, 2023
SodiumValproate:

Why am I seeing the third guy from the right on Tiv Attire? Abi Kuteb na Tiv too?

Fman come and explain
That is not Tiv attire
Re: See The Traditional Attire Of Kuteb People by fiyinfoluwa29093: 8:47am On Jan 11, 2023
Them be like Nollywood movie setThem be like Nollywood movie set...
Re: See The Traditional Attire Of Kuteb People by Fmghewzy2: 9:14am On Jan 11, 2023
IranianSea:

No culture I'm the world can stand YORUBA culture, all other tribes in Nigeria knows that In fact white knows it. Who are you? My first time of hearing about your tribe talk of your culture. Better hide your face before people get to know you with that your culture.
There is no need for this bro.

Ko necessary. undecided
Re: See The Traditional Attire Of Kuteb People by IranianSea: 9:15am On Jan 11, 2023
Rotji:

It's very unfortunate we have people like you here, instead of you to appreciate the new knowledge of a tribe you don't know about you are looking down on it just because you are from a major tribe angry this does not tell well of you please.

Some of the prominent Nigerians you hear about are actually from such minority tribes and not from the major ones you thought.

Please appreciate our diversity
Appreciate what? That dirty view? Guy! Close your mouth and hide ya face!
Re: See The Traditional Attire Of Kuteb People by jamesversion: 9:16am On Jan 11, 2023
Nazgul:
Nigeria is really vast...this is the first time in my life I'm hearing Kuteb. If not for insecurity plaguing this country, Nigeria as a country would make a very good tourist site.

Imagine going to taraba or some other remote tribe in one of the northern States, take pics, eat their local dish and come back to your base.

But the fear of kidnappers, bandits, Boko Haram...etc, wouldn't make you think about it.

You meant to say "travel to Taraba, have sex with their women and come back" grin grin
Re: See The Traditional Attire Of Kuteb People by IranianSea: 9:24am On Jan 11, 2023
Fmghewzy2:

There is no need for this bro.

Ko necessary. undecided
Ere ni mo'se pelu e, I'm not serious.

1 Like

Re: See The Traditional Attire Of Kuteb People by Agent17th: 9:56am On Jan 11, 2023
damoobaba:

He is simply just proud of his culture and promoting it. It's normal to call your thing the best.

He didn't compare, with your calabar carnival . No be the same carnival girls were dancing bear chested ? Dem bash u? Goan sit down
Re: See The Traditional Attire Of Kuteb People by Ihenzy(m): 10:19am On Jan 11, 2023
Proudly kuteb
Re: See The Traditional Attire Of Kuteb People by Elmgnifico(m): 10:23am On Jan 11, 2023
If no be say we recited 36 states and capital when we dey small, e get some states wey person no go know for this jungle. Like I've not heard anyone say I'm from Jalingo

1 Like

Re: See The Traditional Attire Of Kuteb People by billyG(m): 10:25am On Jan 11, 2023
Merely looking at d build of d their women am sure women handles d hoes why d men indulges in sipping burukutu.
Re: See The Traditional Attire Of Kuteb People by Rotji(m): 11:34am On Jan 11, 2023
IranianSea:

Appreciate what? That dirty view? Guy! Close your mouth and hide ya face!

I'm not even from Taraba State, people like you are the ones that denigrate African cultures and worship oyibo.

I appreciate African people whether from Nigeria, Gambia, Namibia, Congo or South Sudan. Last Last that tribe you are so full of doesn't determine your mental capabilities or individual success in life. What it gives you is opportunities which if others have will achieve much more than you. So your ethnicity doesn'tmake you a better human being than others.

Just appreciate diversity, even the oyibo culture or your very own have repulsive sides that need to be expunged
Re: See The Traditional Attire Of Kuteb People by tizteezy(m): 5:53pm On Jan 11, 2023
crowther15:

Mine was 2018. I taught at Henry Porter school. I lived in RCCF lodge back then. smiley
Perhaps we must have met.
My main PPA was GSS, but I taught also at FCS Academy as extra PPA �
Re: See The Traditional Attire Of Kuteb People by Gudiza(m): 12:40am On Jan 13, 2023
billyG:
Merely looking at d build of d their women am sure women handles d hoes why d men indulges in sipping burukutu.

lol. funny though.

Those are strong women paired with some weak ass SIMPs...
(our favourite Nairaland topic)

The people are MUMUYE though.
Re: See The Traditional Attire Of Kuteb People by bundarina: 1:18pm On Jan 17, 2023
Aboguede:
Igbos use similar too. Igbos call it akwa'ete

Looks nothing like 'Akwete'. Btw 'Akwete' is the name of a town not the name of a cloth, this town makes a mimic of Ijaw Ikaki cloth, which in turn is a mimic of the Yoruba Aso Olona cloth. And for the up and down female ensemble, it's a crop top kind of thing and a wrapper, a style common in several cultures.

1 Like

Re: See The Traditional Attire Of Kuteb People by Aboguede(m): 1:27pm On Jan 17, 2023
bundarina:

Looks nothing like 'Akwete'. Btw 'Akwete' is the name of a town not the name of a cloth, this town makes a mimic of Ijaw Ikaki cloth, which in turn is a mimic of the Yoruba Aso Olona cloth. And for the up and down female ensemble, it's a crop top kind of thing and a wrapper, a style common in several cultures.

U did not debunk my analysis.

Africa shares common and similar cultures and dressing patterns with minimal difference according to location and age.

Here in Nigeria.
There is a place and people called 'ijebu' igbo' in ogun state plus ijebu having igbo meaning but I don't know if it mean anything in Yoruba language and also many others in oyo bearing igbos while they are natives of Yoruba land.

Study history with open mind to learn. Stop enjoying ignorance shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

THE OMUEDA - The Virgin Boys Of The Oba Of Benin / Alaafin Of Oyo, Adeyemi And His 7 Wives Step Out Together (Photo) / What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.