Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,000 members, 7,828,527 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:04 AM

Adeleke Proscribes NURTW, Other Road Transport Unions In Osun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adeleke Proscribes NURTW, Other Road Transport Unions In Osun (23627 Views)

FG Officially Proscribes Banditry, Releases Gazette (Photos) / Court Proscribes Bandit Groups, Declares Them Terrorists / Ogun State Government Dissolves Transport Unions, Sets Up Interim Committees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adeleke Proscribes NURTW, Other Road Transport Unions In Osun by Toneypen247(m): 12:59am On Jan 12, 2023
Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke has proscribed the National Union of Road Transport Workers (NURTW) and other transport unions operating at motor parks in the state.

Olawale Rasheed, spokesperson to the governor, made the announcement in a statement on Monday.

He said the proscription of the unions was to solve insecurity challenges, eradicate illegal destruction of public properties and unlawfully killings when rival unions groups attack each other.

Crisis started among members of the transport union when a faction threatened to seize control of motor parks from union officials and members of the NURTW.

The faction claimed that the NURTW officials worked against Mr Adeleke in the July governorship election.

There had been several clashes between the transport union workers which had resulted in damage to public properties and many had been injured. Police in the state said they had arrested some suspects in connection with the crisis and ammunition were recovered from them.

But the state government proscribed all transport unions in the state and announced that motor parks will be managed by a new transport management system. The governor’s spokesperson explained that the new transport management system will also provide employment for residents and increase the state’s internally generated revenue.

He also explained that the new transport management system will control both “vehicles and cycles” parks across the state.

Mr Rasheed also announced that the new transport management will have a disciplinary committee constituting eleven team members.

“The Disciplinary Committee will swear in Comrade Wakeel Nurudeen Oluronbi for the Vehicle sector of the Transport System and Comrade Oyeniyi Sikiru Ayobami to head the Cycles sector,” he said.
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/ssouth-west/574826-adeleke-proscribes-nurtw-other-road-transport-unions-in-osun.html

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adeleke Proscribes NURTW, Other Road Transport Unions In Osun by Toneypen247(m): 1:00am On Jan 12, 2023
A commendable action.
This is a good step taken by Adeleke in addressing the problem of this riffraff who are often used as a political weapon in driving their principal cause. Modernity requires not just modification and a nominal change as seen in Lagos state, but instead, more of a psychological approach to a system that is being referred to as a thug association and has caused more harm than good. This includes a total eradication of the system or association.

Although, there will be consequences to this, but when you are faced with two evils you pick the lesser one. The latter can always be addressed using strict disciplinary action. Leadership is about doing the right thing, even if it going against a vast number of naysayers and mediocre people.

God bless the federal republic of Nigeria.
Go get your PVC today.

You might need my signature service below. wink

92 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Adeleke Proscribes NURTW, Other Road Transport Unions In Osun by Pharaohny: 1:06am On Jan 12, 2023
Ride on

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adeleke Proscribes NURTW, Other Road Transport Unions In Osun by Nobody: 1:12am On Jan 12, 2023
Na so... Osun way! Thugs must never be elevated in the society, never!

Modified: I hope this isn't another attempt to repackage Agberos in Osun state just like they did in Lagos state, cos if it is, there is nothing commendable about this.

102 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Adeleke Proscribes NURTW, Other Road Transport Unions In Osun by Yankee101: 1:16am On Jan 12, 2023
Tinubu 0

15 Likes

Re: Adeleke Proscribes NURTW, Other Road Transport Unions In Osun by Tokskob2008: 2:28am On Jan 12, 2023
I wish this could be done in Lagos state too because the commercial drivers are really suffering from the hands of this riffraff called NURTW boys on the road. Imagine from Iyana Ipaja down to Tollgate a driver has to pay close to 15 set of agbero and the least amount is #100, if he refuses to comply he gets beaten up or his vehicle damaged.

The high cost of transport is largely due to the numerous extortion the drivers have to pay daily and who the money goes to or what it's been used for is what I don't understand, It's not like they use it for road repairs or something....

It's really funny how most are just quoting me only to talk about the change of name like we all didn't read about it on this same forum last year while leaving the extortion aspect alone. I wonder how the changing of name affects the crazy stuff they do daily, same guys same modus operandi so what are we talking about

107 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Adeleke Proscribes NURTW, Other Road Transport Unions In Osun by ipobarecriminals: 3:01am On Jan 12, 2023
grin we are watching
Re: Adeleke Proscribes NURTW, Other Road Transport Unions In Osun by adioolayi(m): 3:28am On Jan 12, 2023
Adeleke towing the path of Lagos and OYO.... installing his own agberos as motor park managers. .... afterall, they worked for his electoral victory, it's time to fix them...ALLL na same of same..

Politics!

80 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Adeleke Proscribes NURTW, Other Road Transport Unions In Osun by adioolayi(m): 3:30am On Jan 12, 2023
Tokskob2008:
I wish this could be done in Lagos state too because the commercial drivers are really suffering from the hands of this riffraff called NURTW boys on the road. Imagine from Iyana Ipaja down to Tollgate a driver has to pay close to 15 set of agbero and the least amount is #100, if he refuses to comply he gets beaten up or his vehicle damaged.

The high cost of transport is largely due to the numerous extortion the drivers have to pay daily and who the money goes to or what it's been used for is what I don't understand, It's not like they use it for road repairs or something....

There is no NURTW in Lagos State...they are called park and motor managers grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Adeleke Proscribes NURTW, Other Road Transport Unions In Osun by PrinceOfLagos: 4:11am On Jan 12, 2023
Nice one

1 Like

Re: Adeleke Proscribes NURTW, Other Road Transport Unions In Osun by Wiseandtrue(f): 4:23am On Jan 12, 2023
Adeleke is taking the right steps so far so good!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adeleke Proscribes NURTW, Other Road Transport Unions In Osun by ican2020: 4:50am On Jan 12, 2023
Right step at the right direction

6 Likes

Re: Adeleke Proscribes NURTW, Other Road Transport Unions In Osun by RichDad1(m): 5:32am On Jan 12, 2023
Wiseandtrue:
Adeleke is taking the right steps so far so good!
ican2020:
Right step at the right direction
Tokskob2008:

burgermeister:
Na so... Osun way! Thugs must never be elevated in the society, never! cool
See these ones cheesy you were not informed grin grin
It’s still the same agbero. It’s just a change of name, uninform and leadership. It’s a reward system for the foot soldiers thst helped him during the election. The biggest loser are the NURTW bigwigs that wait for weekly returns in their Abuja HQ.
Osun is not the first to do this. Oyo, Lagos and Ogun states have adopted this park management system. So nothing new.

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Adeleke Proscribes NURTW, Other Road Transport Unions In Osun by RichDad1(m): 5:35am On Jan 12, 2023
adioolayi:

There is no NURTW in Lagos State...they are called park and motor managers grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Don’t mind them. It’s still the same same.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adeleke Proscribes NURTW, Other Road Transport Unions In Osun by RichDad1(m): 5:36am On Jan 12, 2023
adioolayi:
Adeleke towing the path of Lagos and OYO.... installing his own agberos as motor park managers. .... afterall, they worked for his electoral victory, it's time to fix them...ALLL na same of same..

Politics!
You understand the game. Don’t mind those political neophytes hailing him up there.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Adeleke Proscribes NURTW, Other Road Transport Unions In Osun by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:16am On Jan 12, 2023
As long as the people of Osun State are fine with it, no qualms.

Outsiders should not 'put mouth for the matter".

God bless Osun State.

God bless Nigeria.

A better Nigeria is all we want at [color=#006600][/color].

We Rise.

6 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Adeleke Proscribes NURTW, Other Road Transport Unions In Osun by tamdun: 6:17am On Jan 12, 2023
I wish this could be done in anambra

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Adeleke Proscribes NURTW, Other Road Transport Unions In Osun by RedChiefPriest: 6:17am On Jan 12, 2023
Okay we hear you Mr governor.
Long live ipinle omoluabi.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adeleke Proscribes NURTW, Other Road Transport Unions In Osun by Nobody: 6:18am On Jan 12, 2023
Way to go!

Has a hardcore antagonist of the Governor, I MUST commend these move!

Now I am waiting for how long it would last! Cos I have strong feeling Governor will bend

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adeleke Proscribes NURTW, Other Road Transport Unions In Osun by leisuretym: 6:18am On Jan 12, 2023
Na Una sabi
Re: Adeleke Proscribes NURTW, Other Road Transport Unions In Osun by southsouthking(m): 6:19am On Jan 12, 2023
Good radiance to bad rubbish.

Some people dare not.
I didn't call names o, but you'll see their attacking dogs barking at me for no reason now.
Re: Adeleke Proscribes NURTW, Other Road Transport Unions In Osun by NAIRALANDABOKI: 6:19am On Jan 12, 2023
To remove thugs on our roads.. i always believe every driver should be paying directly into bank accounts and then an enforcement team to put them on check. Wetin agbero go wan do again
Re: Adeleke Proscribes NURTW, Other Road Transport Unions In Osun by kollinz1234(m): 6:20am On Jan 12, 2023
A very commendable move by Gov. Adeleke

But I am not comfortable with the fact that he has already named the leadership of the new Road transport unit. It only proves that he wants to have control over them and use them as thugs for political reasons. A Tinubu kind of thing. I pray he proves wrong

2 Likes

Re: Adeleke Proscribes NURTW, Other Road Transport Unions In Osun by eomonkhegbele: 6:20am On Jan 12, 2023
Ohk!
Re: Adeleke Proscribes NURTW, Other Road Transport Unions In Osun by Invest4growth: 6:20am On Jan 12, 2023
Use and dump syndrome
Re: Adeleke Proscribes NURTW, Other Road Transport Unions In Osun by maasoap(m): 6:21am On Jan 12, 2023
Wow! Good for them. Changed has been happening since he became the governor, even the state secretariat can't be mentioned with Osogbo as part of the address anymore grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Adeleke Proscribes NURTW, Other Road Transport Unions In Osun by emmanuelbrown26: 6:22am On Jan 12, 2023
post=119948835:
As long as the people of Osun State are fine with it, no qualms.

Outsiders should not 'put mouth for the matter".

God bless Osun State.

God bless Nigeria.

A better Nigeria is all we want at [color=#006600][/color].

We Rise.
U no go fit ever rise again

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adeleke Proscribes NURTW, Other Road Transport Unions In Osun by Valentinooo: 6:22am On Jan 12, 2023
Still the same set of touts. Same thing is happening here in Oyo state

6 Likes

Re: Adeleke Proscribes NURTW, Other Road Transport Unions In Osun by Superwave16320: 6:25am On Jan 12, 2023
Did he not know about that before taking his vehicle to that area or was he forced to work there ? Why not take your vehicle to where they do no exist.

Tokskob2008:

Re: Adeleke Proscribes NURTW, Other Road Transport Unions In Osun by maasoap(m): 6:25am On Jan 12, 2023
Valentinooo:
Still the same set of touts. Same thing is happening here in Oyo state

Expect that it will be worse because they will be more aggressive in trying to collect the revenue

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

N.5bn Campaign Fund Stolen In Abuja / Sowore Omoyele Vs Adebayo Shittu At Fresh FM Radio Station (Video, Photos) / Missing Corpse Saga: Jim Nwobodo Disowns Former Wife’s Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.