Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,114 members, 7,849,484 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 10:25 PM

Adeleke Proscribes NURTW, Other Road Transport Unions In Osun - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adeleke Proscribes NURTW, Other Road Transport Unions In Osun (23653 Views)

FG Officially Proscribes Banditry, Releases Gazette (Photos) / Court Proscribes Bandit Groups, Declares Them Terrorists / Ogun State Government Dissolves Transport Unions, Sets Up Interim Committees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adeleke Proscribes NURTW, Other Road Transport Unions In Osun by windvane(m): 8:05am On Jan 12, 2023
southsouthking:
Good radiance to bad rubbish.

Some people dare not.
I didn't call names o, but you'll see their attacking dogs barking at me for no reason now.
atimes I wonder if you guys are not in this Nigeria and know the way to go.....OYO did same thing,motorparks management is political and it's the new way of not paying money to abuja.abi shey na graduate wan dey sell ticket for parks?
Re: Adeleke Proscribes NURTW, Other Road Transport Unions In Osun by BluntTheApostle(m): 8:10am On Jan 12, 2023
Toneypen247:
A commendable action.
This is a good step taken by Adeleke in addressing the problem of this riffraff who are often used as a political weapon in driving their principal cause. Modernity requires not just modification and a nominal change as seen in Lagos state, but instead, more of a psychological approach to a system that is being referred to as a thug association and has caused more harm than good. This includes a total eradication of the system or association.

Although, there will be consequences to this, but when you are faced with two evils you pick the lesser one. The latter can always be addressed using strict disciplinary action. Leadership is about doing the right thing, even if it going against a vast number of naysayers and mediocre people.

God bless the federal republic of Nigeria.
Go get your PVC today.

You might need my signature service below. wink

Calm down.

He is going to install his own thugs as the new transportation management system he is proposing.
Re: Adeleke Proscribes NURTW, Other Road Transport Unions In Osun by FarahAideed: 8:14am On Jan 12, 2023
He don defang Tinubu for Osun
Re: Adeleke Proscribes NURTW, Other Road Transport Unions In Osun by ejimatic: 8:31am On Jan 12, 2023
Toneypen247:

Everyone has their parameters for judgement. Hopefully, he is in the process. I expect him to do more because money is not his problem in thinking of embezzling government funds rather than creating wealth and writing his name on gold for his state.
I expect that he will do more too
Re: Adeleke Proscribes NURTW, Other Road Transport Unions In Osun by goshen26: 8:37am On Jan 12, 2023
Oh Lord!

Another massive immigration to Lagos
Re: Adeleke Proscribes NURTW, Other Road Transport Unions In Osun by JAGS001(m): 8:43am On Jan 12, 2023
Good way to go i hope it will help osun people and bring stable peace in the community
Next governor Adeleke should find something else for them to do so they won't go fully into crime.
Re: Adeleke Proscribes NURTW, Other Road Transport Unions In Osun by favour32(m): 8:47am On Jan 12, 2023
If Nigeria na better country, wetin for concern most people with road travels?

As Indian big reach, both the poor and the rich can afford flight tickets.

An hour or more distance na flight which the poor can afford in Indian.

Nigeria case dey different.

1 Like

Re: Adeleke Proscribes NURTW, Other Road Transport Unions In Osun by nuruajao: 8:52am On Jan 12, 2023
Tokskob2008:
I wish this could be done in Lagos state too because the commercial drivers are really suffering from the hands of this riffraff called NURTW boys on the road. Imagine from Iyana Ipaja down to Tollgate a driver has to pay close to 15 set of agbero and the least amount is #100, if he refuses to comply he gets beaten up or his vehicle damaged.

The high cost of transport is largely due to the numerous extortion the drivers have to pay daily and who the money goes to or what it's been used for is what I don't understand, It's not like they use it for road repairs or something....

It's really funny how most are just quoting me only to talk about the change of name like we all didn't read about it on this same forum last year while leaving the extortion aspect alone. I wonder how the changing of name affects the crazy stuff they do daily, same guys same modus operandi so what are we talking about
Who is fooling who,pot calling kettle black, Almost all state in South West are operating Park Management system na padi padi government we dey run in dis country
Re: Adeleke Proscribes NURTW, Other Road Transport Unions In Osun by Nobody: 8:56am On Jan 12, 2023
Adeleke is making a powder keg and fire in the same building. Waiting to see the outcome.

1 Like

Re: Adeleke Proscribes NURTW, Other Road Transport Unions In Osun by kcbaba007: 9:05am On Jan 12, 2023
Toneypen247:
A commendable action.
This is a good step taken by Adeleke in addressing the problem of this riffraff who are often used as a political weapon in driving their principal cause. Modernity requires not just modification and a nominal change as seen in Lagos state, but instead, more of a psychological approach to a system that is being referred to as a thug association and has caused more harm than good. This includes a total eradication of the system or association.

Although, there will be consequences to this, but when you are faced with two evils you pick the lesser one. The latter can always be addressed using strict disciplinary action. Leadership is about doing the right thing, even if it going against a vast number of naysayers and mediocre people.

Go get your PVC today.

Good move, gradually, we are doing away with Tinubu touts and thugs association, soon there will be a sane Nigeria with good, proper and working systems. Vote wisely
Vote OBIDATTI 2023 for president and vice

1 Like

Re: Adeleke Proscribes NURTW, Other Road Transport Unions In Osun by OVB123: 10:15am On Jan 12, 2023
adioolayi:
Adeleke towing the path of Lagos and OYO.... installing his own agberos as motor park managers. .... afterall, they worked for his electoral victory, it's time to fix them...ALLL na same of same..

Politics!
You spoke my mind.
Re: Adeleke Proscribes NURTW, Other Road Transport Unions In Osun by Ilaje1: 10:19am On Jan 12, 2023
Toneypen247:
A commendable action.

Go get your PVC today.

You are assuming Adeleke is not using them as a political tools. Look at Oyo and Lagos where National Union is proscribed, they eventually their own people or thugs there in the name of management system. You should always read with an open mind, all politicians or governors have politicized National Union, everyone just wants whichever faction that supports them to takeover the park. The Oyo guy, Auxiliary, is just like McOluomo. While in Lagos Kunle Poly was PDP tool at a point but lost out in the power, decided to join Mc. All the top parties use thugs or thugs join them so they can get juicy position when they assume power.

1 Like

Re: Adeleke Proscribes NURTW, Other Road Transport Unions In Osun by delpee(f): 12:58pm On Jan 12, 2023
Superwave16320:
Lagos is already building park like that of Oshodi at major bstop that will automatically eliminate Agbero completely. If you have beta suggestions let's have it.

If the governor ban them now na una go still complain n opposition will recruit them to cause mayhem across the state. Na still Tinubu n governor you all will blame. Show me a state with Nurtw in Nigeria.

When will the Obalende park be built? So much roadies around there sometimes.
Re: Adeleke Proscribes NURTW, Other Road Transport Unions In Osun by kafeii123: 2:09pm On Jan 12, 2023
tamdun:
I wish this could be done in anambra

Jesus..you pay all of this daily in Anambra? How do you survive?
Re: Adeleke Proscribes NURTW, Other Road Transport Unions In Osun by drezzyx(m): 2:37pm On Jan 12, 2023
Tokskob2008:
I wish this could be done in Lagos state too because the commercial drivers are really suffering from the hands of this riffraff called NURTW boys on the road. Imagine from Iyana Ipaja down to Tollgate a driver has to pay close to 15 set of agbero and the least amount is #100, if he refuses to comply he gets beaten up or his vehicle damaged.

The high cost of transport is largely due to the numerous extortion the drivers have to pay daily and who the money goes to or what it's been used for is what I don't understand, It's not like they use it for road repairs or something....

It's really funny how most are just quoting me only to talk about the change of name like we all didn't read about it on this same forum last year while leaving the extortion aspect alone. I wonder how the changing of name affects the crazy stuff they do daily, same guys same modus operandi so what are we talking about
This is one of the reason i am against APC winning elections apart from inflation this hooligans and urchins irritates me to my bone marrows.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Adeleke Proscribes NURTW, Other Road Transport Unions In Osun by diadem10: 3:07pm On Jan 12, 2023
Nurtw are not thugs though. They're present in every state and they're the ones that ensure safety of passengers since they know themselves and one another. People who act as thugs aren't even Nurtw members. No nurtw members would sit his ass to be creating problem when he ought to be making money by transportation.. Adeleke is just dumb and when is he leaving office because he got there by fraudulent means in the first place.
Re: Adeleke Proscribes NURTW, Other Road Transport Unions In Osun by Iceberg3: 5:13pm On Jan 12, 2023
See them with their pot bellies.....old rogues and scoundrels living large off the hardworking drivers and conductors. Feeding fat from the sweat and labour of okada and keke operators.....
Re: Adeleke Proscribes NURTW, Other Road Transport Unions In Osun by luluman: 5:48pm On Jan 12, 2023
adioolayi:
Adeleke towing the path of Lagos and OYO.... installing his own agberos as motor park managers. .... afterall, they worked for his electoral victory, it's time to fix them...ALLL na same of same..

Politics!
Hmmmm!!!!
Re: Adeleke Proscribes NURTW, Other Road Transport Unions In Osun by sulakishop(m): 6:15pm On Jan 12, 2023
My experience from Benin - Asaba-Onitsha - up to Owerri - port Harcourt is terrible with over 60 pieces of documents /emblems /Hackney permit etc aside vehicle normal papers ; just for a company hillux.

Na we dey do ourselves in this country

tamdun:
I wish this could be done in anambra
Re: Adeleke Proscribes NURTW, Other Road Transport Unions In Osun by NLPoliceWoman: 7:42am On Jan 13, 2023
emmanuelbrown26:

U no go fit ever rise again
Again,
Seun Mynd44 Dominique justwise.
Rule 3

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Helen Mbakwe: Meet The New Political Role Model In Anambra Politics / Customs Seizes ₦‎200M Dry Donkey Meat Cargo Heading To South-East / Afe Babalola University Honours Bola Tinubu With Doctorate Degree(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.