Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,207 members, 7,829,321 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

Tinubu Supported Me 22 Years Ago’, Kanu Nwankwo Replies Critics - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Supported Me 22 Years Ago’, Kanu Nwankwo Replies Critics (3388 Views)

Count Me Out Of Your Political Bias - Mary Odili Replies Critics / Soludo: Why Obiano Supported Me To Become Anambra Governor / Aisha Yesufu Wears Hijab To Gym, Replies Critics (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Supported Me 22 Years Ago’, Kanu Nwankwo Replies Critics by Kewtt: 6:01pm On Jan 12, 2023
Tinubu Supported Me 22 Years Ago’, Kanu Nwankwo Replies Critics
Ex-International, Kanu Nwankwo, has narrated how Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, former governor of Lagos State, reached out to him over two decades ago. The striker said…in a video posted on his Facebook page, Kanu defended his association with Tinubu, recalling how the politician showed generosity to him 22 years ago.

“A lot of people have been talking; all the same, we all are entitled to our opinions. Of course, we have to talk. I’m not a politician; I’m a footballer and a proud one at that. I’m a legend who knows what is good and what is not.”

“22 years ago when Kanu Heart Foundation was looking for people to support and help us touch lives, we got only three governors and Ahmed Tinubu was among them.

https://dailytrust.com/tinubu-supported-me-22-years-ago-kanu-nwankwo-replies-critics/

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu Supported Me 22 Years Ago’, Kanu Nwankwo Replies Critics by Kewtt: 6:02pm On Jan 12, 2023
Structure structure structure.... History and track record... Asiwaju Bola Tinubu got it all.

32 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Tinubu Supported Me 22 Years Ago’, Kanu Nwankwo Replies Critics by SHINJA: 6:04pm On Jan 12, 2023
He can go ahead and vote for him. .

His one vote means nothing to us ..

Tinubu sex partner...

God bless Southsouth and Southwest

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tinubu Supported Me 22 Years Ago’, Kanu Nwankwo Replies Critics by Kewtt: 6:05pm On Jan 12, 2023
SHINJA:

Tinubu sex partner...

Don't kill yourself. Just accept the fact that Peter Obi is not contesting in the 2023 presidential election.

22 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Tinubu Supported Me 22 Years Ago’, Kanu Nwankwo Replies Critics by Superwave16320: 6:05pm On Jan 12, 2023
I am still mystified how bigotry as ruined many igbos on social media.

All over the world citizen fight to elect people that helped them attained democracy or fought for their freedom as seen in like of Mandela Mugabe Nkrumah Bouteflika etc

Among those contesting the 2023 presidential election only Bola Ahmed Tinubu stood up to fight for democracy be it with his drug money like many Igbos like to claim even when he was not a billion. If I deal in drug am yet to see the angel that will tell me to use it to fight for democracy for anyone

Peter Peter Obi n Atiku were already billionaires during this period n did not contribute a dime to Nigeria march to democracy.

This ingrate today benefited immensely from the democracy Tinubu fought so hard one as a former governor n a former vice president. The honourable thing for this lunatics to do is step down for Bola Ahmed Tinubu the only man that fought for democracy contesting the presidential election but instead one idiot was claiming he could not walk n Tinubu can not speak English.

If it is not bigotry should Igbo be comparing Peter Obi be it in achievement in all ramifications of leader with Bola Ahmed Tinubu judging from his sterling attributes n qualities exhibited over the years.

From all walks of life people are standing up to be counted for the magnimity of Bola Ahmed Tinubu but we have no one vouching for Peter Obi or his oga Atiku. Kanu Joke Silva Olaiya etc Should Nigeria miss Tinubu this one time, I pray we do not regret it.

31 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Tinubu Supported Me 22 Years Ago’, Kanu Nwankwo Replies Critics by SHINJA: 6:07pm On Jan 12, 2023
Kewtt:

Don't kill yourself. Just accept the fact that Peter Obi is not contesting in the 2023 presidential election.

You this Yoruba muslim be very careful... angry angry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Supported Me 22 Years Ago’, Kanu Nwankwo Replies Critics by Kewtt: 6:09pm On Jan 12, 2023
SHINJA:

You this Yoruba muslim be very careful... angry angry

Wrong. Mr Peter Obi

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tinubu Supported Me 22 Years Ago’, Kanu Nwankwo Replies Critics by Facehumble(f): 6:11pm On Jan 12, 2023
Ok. Noted
Re: Tinubu Supported Me 22 Years Ago’, Kanu Nwankwo Replies Critics by Golan007: 6:12pm On Jan 12, 2023
On all positive metrics Tinubu trounces Obi.

6 Likes

Re: Tinubu Supported Me 22 Years Ago’, Kanu Nwankwo Replies Critics by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jan 12, 2023
SHINJA:

Tinubu sex partner...

It's obvious you are a bitter soul. Kanu did not tell you he wants his vote to mean something to you.

He is explaining why he is entitled to support BAT while others are free to do same for their candidate.

If support for leaders is not about lives they have touched then what is it about? Living arrogantly in Dubai while Nigerians are demanding solutions from leaders?

Or is it about Ignoring Kanu to then use State money to open supermarkets, invest in Hero beer etal without seeking the approval of the electorate?

Kanu is just tired of gaslighting from hypocrites, undemocratic sadists, bitter souls and opinion policemen like you who cannot respect the choices other adults make.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Supported Me 22 Years Ago’, Kanu Nwankwo Replies Critics by BATified2023: 6:13pm On Jan 12, 2023
Golan007:
igbos know the truth but will never admit it

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Supported Me 22 Years Ago’, Kanu Nwankwo Replies Critics by StrongandMighty: 6:21pm On Jan 12, 2023
That's his personal business and he can cast his vote for him, but there's no point recycling old news. Agbado urchins should rest!

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Supported Me 22 Years Ago’, Kanu Nwankwo Replies Critics by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jan 12, 2023
Golan007:

Indeed. What are the enduring impacts of Obi's leadership today? Nada. Zero. Tinubu has literally millions in terms of solid and tangible solutions he has delivered like the pivotal and world class solution to Ocean erosion that is Eko Atlantic.

Contrast with Obi who watched impotently as erosion destroyed Anambra under his watch. Totally clueless chaps who is a trader and never a leader.

We won't even go into how many men and women Tinubu has mentored and supported to be important and transformational leaders whereas Obi has no protégé. Not a single one.

Kanu is not special either because Tinubu touched many lives directly as he did that of Kanu. This is why many are supporting BAT and campaigning for him.

Everyone is free to contest elections but voters know these who are truly special from their history of leadership greatness, legacy projects and proven achievement like Tinubu.

Voters also recognize the packaged fraud as well i.e the likes of Obi and Atiku.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu Supported Me 22 Years Ago’, Kanu Nwankwo Replies Critics by obi4eze(m): 6:22pm On Jan 12, 2023
Means you started your foundation with illegal money. Everything about Tinubu is evil and controversial.

So because of your selfish interest you want to jeopardize the future of unborn Nigerians?

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu Supported Me 22 Years Ago’, Kanu Nwankwo Replies Critics by Millimann: 6:25pm On Jan 12, 2023
If Tinubu gave you money 20 years ago, it's okay for you to vote for him as a way of paying him back.
But don't come and tell us he's the best man for the job.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Supported Me 22 Years Ago’, Kanu Nwankwo Replies Critics by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jan 12, 2023
Millimann:
If Tinubu gave you money 20 years ago, it's okay for you to vote for him as a way of paying him back.
But don't come and tell us he's the best man for the job.

Are you not telling others that your candidate is the best man for the job?

Or is it that such claims can come from you but never others ba?

Welcome to the problem of Nigeria which you are a part of along with your fellow band of intolerant and undemocratic hypocrites.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Supported Me 22 Years Ago’, Kanu Nwankwo Replies Critics by Jagabanofafrica: 6:41pm On Jan 12, 2023
You can't be stingy like Obi and be respected in the society .

History must speak for itself ....

Do good to people today because of tomorrow.

Tinubu is the next President

Yoruba lokan
Yoruba lokan
Yoruba lokan
Yoruba lokan

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Supported Me 22 Years Ago’, Kanu Nwankwo Replies Critics by chiefolododo(m): 7:03pm On Jan 12, 2023
Well, Kanu has investment in Lagos , he doesn't not want it destroyed or seized, we understand

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Supported Me 22 Years Ago’, Kanu Nwankwo Replies Critics by julaion: 7:06pm On Jan 12, 2023
Superwave16320:

All over the world citizen fight to elect people that helped them attained democracy or fought for their freedom as seen in like of Mandela Mugabe Nkrumah Bouteflika etc

Among those contesting the 2023 presidential election only Bola Ahmed Tinubu stood up to fight for democracy be it with his drug money like many Igbos like to claim even when he was not a billion. If I deal in drug am yet to see the angel that will tell me to use it to fight for democracy for anyone

Peter Peter Obi n Atiku were already billionaires during this period n did not contribute a dime to Nigeria march to democracy.

This ingrate today benefited immensely from the democracy Tinubu fought so hard one as a former governor n a former vice president. The honourable thing for this lunatics to do is step down for Bola Ahmed Tinubu the only man that fought for democracy contesting the presidential election but instead one idiot was claiming he could not walk n Tinubu can not speak English.

If it is not bigotry should Igbo be comparing Peter Obi be it in achievement in all ramifications of leader with Bola Ahmed Tinubu judging from his sterling attributes n qualities exhibited over the years.

From all walks of life people are standing up to be counted for the magnimity of Bola Ahmed Tinubu but we have no one vouching for Peter Obi or his oga Atiku. Kanu Joke Silva Olaiya etc Should Nigeria miss Tinubu this one time, I pray we do not regret it.
democracy Tinubu fought so hard one as a former governor You forgot to PUT ALSO AS A DRUG LORD

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Supported Me 22 Years Ago’, Kanu Nwankwo Replies Critics by Madups(m): 7:29pm On Jan 12, 2023
BATified2023:
igbos know the truth but will never admit it
Are you ok?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Supported Me 22 Years Ago’, Kanu Nwankwo Replies Critics by dettolgel: 7:31pm On Jan 12, 2023
So because Tinubu supported you that is why you want to pay him with Nigerians future?

Why not vote wisely and then help Tinubu to pay his hospital bills when next he is London? grin
Re: Tinubu Supported Me 22 Years Ago’, Kanu Nwankwo Replies Critics by Image123(m): 7:31pm On Jan 12, 2023
Bring it on. Where are people from different parts of Nigeria that Obi or Atiku have helped or made? Most of the people flocking around Obi were not even close to him or his fans until about 6 months ago. Atiku moves with his croonies. We have president, vice president, senators, governors, speakers etc that owe a lot to Tinubu for helping them, standing by them, lifting them. Not to mention his people in Lagos.
Yet someone will tell me to pick some mediocre ahead of him because of religion, tribe or party.
The "progresive" goal that Awolowo had in mind for the South West and the whole of Nigeria which he was stopped from actualizing, the same goal that Abiola seemed to have in mind in 1993. It is only Tinubu that still claims to have it and has been speaking about it for decades. If you like vote rubbish oh. You can see Obi pandering to the youths and the campuses, because he knows they don't know history. He cannot easily tell fables to their parents. Any old person supporting Obi is 99% doing it out of tribal/religious sentiments, not track record.

6 Likes

Re: Tinubu Supported Me 22 Years Ago’, Kanu Nwankwo Replies Critics by SouthSouth1914: 7:37pm On Jan 12, 2023
Kewtt:
Structure structure structure.... History and track record... Asiwaju Bola Tinubu got it all.

Haha! Structure for agbado! Kanu, You cannot mortgage the future of Nigerians because Tinubu helped you. Do you know how many people helped Tinubu that he refused to acknowledge?

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Supported Me 22 Years Ago’, Kanu Nwankwo Replies Critics by davillian(m): 7:42pm On Jan 12, 2023
Any way tinunbu no help us obi no help us atiku no help us
But obi will help Nigeria and Nigerians

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Supported Me 22 Years Ago’, Kanu Nwankwo Replies Critics by adekolaelect(m): 7:47pm On Jan 12, 2023
obi4eze:
Means you started your foundation with illegal money. Everything about Tinubu is evil and controversial.

So because of your selfish interest you want to jeopardize the future of unborn Nigerians?
Statement from Terrorist member pretend to accept one Nigeria in the name of 2023 presidency. When do you now become a lover of a country you call zoo and sponsored kanu to destroy?

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Supported Me 22 Years Ago’, Kanu Nwankwo Replies Critics by Conner44: 7:49pm On Jan 12, 2023
So because tinubu stole N10m from me and later dashed me N100k I should now vote him to become my president?

Na wao shocked
Re: Tinubu Supported Me 22 Years Ago’, Kanu Nwankwo Replies Critics by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jan 12, 2023
dettolgel:
So because Tinubu supported you that is why you want to pay him with Nigerians future?

Why not vote wisely and then help Tinubu to pay his hospital bills when next he is London? grin

You people love to 'gaslight' without even having the rudimentary intellect to do so effectively or convincingly. It is why you are all so easy to discredit and belittle as bigoted and prejudiced airheads.

Tell us who played with the future of Nigerians when he was leader of Anambra and failed woefully to tackle erosion? Today Erosion has claimed a lot of Anambra's land due to Obi's clueless and incompetent dithering.

Meanwhile contrast with Tinubu who was told Victoria Island could be submerged totally by the Atlantic Ocean if nothing was done asap. Tinubu went on to devise Eko Atlantic now hailed one of the most audacious solution-project out of Africa ever.

If you have any sanity in your bigoted brain, abeg who appears to play with the future of Nigeria between the irresponsible failure called Peter Obi or the responsive solutions-provider in Jagaban?

Do we even need to mention Atiku who isolates himself in Dubai so he can be insulated from Nigeria and her 'wahala'?

Crystal clear some of you are just hateful and irredeemable bigots using words you do not understand and levelling allegation you lack the intellects to note such actually indicts your incompetent candidate and not the ultra-responsive leadership Tinubu is a shining beacon of to the entire world.

7 Likes

Re: Tinubu Supported Me 22 Years Ago’, Kanu Nwankwo Replies Critics by Davidgregs(m): 8:52pm On Jan 12, 2023
It's your choice, you don't need to wail or force people to listen to your 30 pieces of shekels judas ass explanation.
Re: Tinubu Supported Me 22 Years Ago’, Kanu Nwankwo Replies Critics by MainJoe: 9:08pm On Jan 12, 2023
Superwave16320:

So when Tinubu goes for meeting with world leaders he will tell them a town hall different from Bala Blue.

Na wa for you people.

When voting, vote for competence. Vote for the best person to move the person forward. Not who gave Kanu Nwankwo money in the past.
Re: Tinubu Supported Me 22 Years Ago’, Kanu Nwankwo Replies Critics by techWriter3: 9:11pm On Jan 12, 2023
building edifice edifice

Hmm, Check my profile if you need help with your assignment, dissertation, statement of purpose, personal statement, or thesis.
Re: Tinubu Supported Me 22 Years Ago’, Kanu Nwankwo Replies Critics by Journalistonwhe: 9:16pm On Jan 12, 2023
There is nothing Tinubu's money cannot do. At the sight of hard currency man go just dey yarn nonsense. Tinubu gave you money from his papa money abi. Impoverishing Lagos citizens to enrich himself and give a paltry sum as a giveaway to his friends. Africans and their backward thinking. Tinubu is not fit to be called Nigerian president full stop.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking: I'm Angry Tinubu Sleeps Everywhere, Even At Peace Accord- Sowore / Kwara Police Read Riot Act To Personnel Ahead Of 2023 General Elections / JUST IN: Imo Lawmaker Dies In Lagos After Surgery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.