Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,596 members, 7,851,009 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 12:10 PM

AGF Malami, SGF Mustapha In Emergency Meeting With Emefiele At CBN - Gazette - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / AGF Malami, SGF Mustapha In Emergency Meeting With Emefiele At CBN - Gazette (24711 Views)

President Tinubu Meets Emefiele At The Presidential Villa / President Buhari Jokingly Snatches His WAEC Certificate From SGF Mustapha / Oshiomhole, Malami, SGF Plotting To Unseat Saraki Using Gestapo Methods (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AGF Malami, SGF Mustapha In Emergency Meeting With Emefiele At CBN - Gazette by jahsharon: 8:18pm On Jan 12, 2023
MadeInTokyo:
Those are the real ASO ROCK cabals led by Buhari nephew Mamman Daura and Babagana Kingibe backing Emefiele against DSS boss Bichi

Didn't you attend Mamman Daura's burial or did you sleep from then till today?
Re: AGF Malami, SGF Mustapha In Emergency Meeting With Emefiele At CBN - Gazette by Senioreddy: 8:22pm On Jan 12, 2023
lexy2014:

What business does cbn have with vote buying? Is that part of it's function? Does cbn have any constitutional or electoral in preventing electoral malpractice?

What makes you think that if politicians want millions of newly printed 1000 and 500 naira notes for election, they won't get it?

It appears you don't know there's what's called indirect involvement. The CBN doesn't need to tell you it's aiming at politicians. Every policy of the CBN is termed economic.
Re: AGF Malami, SGF Mustapha In Emergency Meeting With Emefiele At CBN - Gazette by Ayodeoba: 8:23pm On Jan 12, 2023
Hilltop43:
I pity the poor masses that protested against CBN gov yesterday
you won’t understand how the latest policy by cbn on transaction limit is already affecting my business and yet I am common man like you too.
Politicians are not the ones suffering for this,it’s us the masses that will suffer it more
Re: AGF Malami, SGF Mustapha In Emergency Meeting With Emefiele At CBN - Gazette by Munamoqel: 8:23pm On Jan 12, 2023
Hi
babaijebue:
We warned Emefiele but he wouldn't listen.
Jagaban is coming
who be we
Re: AGF Malami, SGF Mustapha In Emergency Meeting With Emefiele At CBN - Gazette by lexy2014: 8:26pm On Jan 12, 2023
Senioreddy:

It appears you don't know there's what's called indirect involvement. The CBN doesn't need to tell you it's aiming at politicians. Every policy of the CBN is termed economic.

Oga, na another thing you de talk. See wetin I ask you.

What business does cbn have with vote buying? Is that part of it's function? Does cbn have any constitutional or electoral role in preventing electoral malpractice?

What makes you think that if politicians want millions of newly printed 1000 and 500 naira notes for election, they won't get it?
Re: AGF Malami, SGF Mustapha In Emergency Meeting With Emefiele At CBN - Gazette by Senioreddy: 8:36pm On Jan 12, 2023
lexy2014:

Oga, na another thing you de talk. See wetin I ask you.

What business does cbn have with vote buying? Is that part of it's function? Does cbn have any constitutional or electoral role in preventing electoral malpractice?

I don't need to tell you 2+2=4 and 3+1 is also four but if you want me to no problem.

The role of CBN is to regulate the activities of commercial banks and also control the circulation of cash. Now who has so much cash and funds to throw around during election is it you and I?
Why do you think politicians via their political parties are saying the policy will frustrate the payment of their party agent?
Also why do you think these policies were introduced just barely 3 months to election and also with a very short notice/deadline for implementation
Re: AGF Malami, SGF Mustapha In Emergency Meeting With Emefiele At CBN - Gazette by lexy2014: 8:41pm On Jan 12, 2023
Senioreddy:

I don't need to tell you 2+2=4 and 3+1 is also four but if you want me to no problem.

The role of CBN is to regulate the activities of commercial banks and also control the circulation of cash. Now who has so much cash and funds to throw around during election is it you and I?
Why do you think politicians via their political parties are saying the policy will frustrate the payment of their party agent?
Also why do you think these policies were introduced just barely 3 months to election and also with a very short notice/deadline for implementation

Maybe you didn't see the questions. Let me enumerate them for you.

1. What business does cbn have with vote buying?

2. Is that part of it's function?

3. Does cbn have any constitutional or electoral role in preventing electoral malpractice?

4. What makes you think that if politicians want millions of newly printed 1000 and 500 naira notes for election, they won't get it?
Re: AGF Malami, SGF Mustapha In Emergency Meeting With Emefiele At CBN - Gazette by lexy2014: 8:43pm On Jan 12, 2023
MadeInTokyo:
Those are the real ASO ROCK cabals led by Buhari nephew Mamman Daura and Babagana Kingibe backing Emefiele against DSS boss Bichi

What makes them cabal?
Re: AGF Malami, SGF Mustapha In Emergency Meeting With Emefiele At CBN - Gazette by IbrahimSola: 9:02pm On Jan 12, 2023
Nigeria is the only place where technocrats or those who shd be technocrats behave and think like politicians. See Emefiele. See Boss Mustapga. See Malami.

Where on earth does the CBN governor contest election to be President? Now he lost out.

He made plans to punish and frustrate those who benefitted from his loss by changing the currency. Changing currently is the best thing to happen against these thieving politicians and vote buyers.

But they're hunting him down like rat. They want to stop the cashless policy by all means before February so they can buy votes as usual.

Emefiele shd have known better. Now he's treated as one of the politicians trying to put asunder between them and power.

1 Like

Re: AGF Malami, SGF Mustapha In Emergency Meeting With Emefiele At CBN - Gazette by Reference(m): 9:11pm On Jan 12, 2023
Made his bed when he brought the institution into disrepute by dining with political devils. He could have saved himself by resigning a long while ago.
Re: AGF Malami, SGF Mustapha In Emergency Meeting With Emefiele At CBN - Gazette by Senioreddy: 9:16pm On Jan 12, 2023
lexy2014:

Maybe you didn't see the questions. Let me enumerate them for you.

1. What business does cbn have with vote buying?

2. Is that part of it's function?

3. Does cbn have any constitutional or electoral role in preventing electoral malpractice?

4. What makes you think that if politicians want millions of newly printed 1000 and 500 naira notes for election, they won't get it?

Lols I've answered all your questions. Maybe you just want me to repeat myself.

First do you have idea of what public policy is all about as well as elements or tendencies that're against public policy/interest? You can google it. It's also the duty of the CBN to ensure cash flow is balanced and tendencies that're against public policy/interest is not encouraged vis avis excess cash flow as seen during elections through vote buying.

Vote buying is a crime under the law and the new CBN policy aims at discouraging vote buying.

Concerning your second question if it's part of CBN's function, remember everyone and every sector is directly or indirectly involved because you're choosing a leader who oversee the affairs of the state. So indirectly yes.

My answer to your third question is yes relating to public policy and interest. CBN wants, it can decide to freeze a politician account on grounds of fund transfer to fraudulent persons etc.

Lastly, how do you get it when it's not even printed in the first place. How many 1000 and 500 notes have you seen outside.
Also are you aware that all accounts of federal MDA will be frozen except for salaries soonest. That's if it's not been implemented.
Re: AGF Malami, SGF Mustapha In Emergency Meeting With Emefiele At CBN - Gazette by hopexter(m): 9:24pm On Jan 12, 2023
Madridstar:
suffer no dey tire you.

Na you and your household dey suffer bro, I dey very ok for this side cheesy
Re: AGF Malami, SGF Mustapha In Emergency Meeting With Emefiele At CBN - Gazette by lexy2014: 9:25pm On Jan 12, 2023
Senioreddy:

First do you have idea of what public policy is all about as well as elements or tendencies that're against public policy/interest? You can google it. It's also the duty of the CBN to ensure cash flow is balanced and tendencies that're against public policy/interest is not encouraged vis avis excess cash flow as seen during elections through vote buying.

Vote buying is a crime under the law and the new CBN policy aims at discouraging vote buying.

Concerning your second question if it's part of CBN's function, remember everyone and every sector is directly or indirectly involved because you're choosing a leader who oversee the affairs of the state. So indirectly yes.

My answer to your third question is yes relating to public policy and interest. CBN wants, it can decide to freeze a politician account on grounds of fund transfer to fraudulent persons etc.

Lastly, how do you get it when it's not even printed in the first place. How many 1000 and 500 notes have you seen outside.
Also are you aware that all accounts of federal MDA will be frozen except for salaries soonest. That's if it's not been implemented.

1. What business does cbn have with vote buying? What has public policy got to do with cbn and vote buying?

2. Is that part of it's function? How is stopping vote buying part of CBNs functions?

3. Does cbn have any constitutional or electoral role in preventing electoral malpractice? Can you show me the law that gives cbn powers in electoral matter?

What has accounts of MDAs got to do with the discussion?
Re: AGF Malami, SGF Mustapha In Emergency Meeting With Emefiele At CBN - Gazette by lexy2014: 9:38pm On Jan 12, 2023
Senioreddy:

What has this got to do with vote buying?
Re: AGF Malami, SGF Mustapha In Emergency Meeting With Emefiele At CBN - Gazette by unclejb2(m): 9:40pm On Jan 12, 2023
post=119969378:

What do kids know?
Small Uncle.
This is bigger than your beer parlor gist,
You hear

God bless you for this.
They will learn how to play politics right when they are ready.
Politics is not about abusing, cursing or threatening people.
Dem brain go dey alrite las las
Una better go brace up for impact.... The shock would be spine breaking. Peter Obi is winning this election with a very wide margin. Even Atiku and Tinubu know.

No vote buying. Stashed cash must leave circulation by January 31, 2023. Anything that would change that policy is tantamount to rigging the election.
Re: AGF Malami, SGF Mustapha In Emergency Meeting With Emefiele At CBN - Gazette by lexy2014: 9:41pm On Jan 12, 2023
Senioreddy:

How does vote buying being a crime concern CBN? Under which law is vote buying considered a crime? Is under the CBN act or financial institutions act? Which agencies are constitutionally responsible for checking vote buying since you say it is a crime?
Re: AGF Malami, SGF Mustapha In Emergency Meeting With Emefiele At CBN - Gazette by lexy2014: 9:42pm On Jan 12, 2023
unclejb2:
Una better go brace up for impact.... The shock would be spine breaking. Peter Obi is winning this election with a very wide margin. Even Atiku and Tinubu know.

No vote buying. Stashed cash must leave circulation by January 31, 2023. Anything that would change that policy is tantamount to rigging the election.

What concerns cbn with vote buying? Is that CBNs job?
Re: AGF Malami, SGF Mustapha In Emergency Meeting With Emefiele At CBN - Gazette by lexy2014: 9:45pm On Jan 12, 2023
Senioreddy:

In the CBN act, is there anything like checking vote buying as indirectly being a CBN function?
Re: AGF Malami, SGF Mustapha In Emergency Meeting With Emefiele At CBN - Gazette by lexy2014: 9:47pm On Jan 12, 2023
Senioreddy:

How does what you typed answer the question....Does cbn have any constitutional or electoral role in preventing electoral malpractice?

What are electoral and constitutional roles CBN has in preventing electoral malpractice? Can you state the law?
Re: AGF Malami, SGF Mustapha In Emergency Meeting With Emefiele At CBN - Gazette by Senioreddy: 9:48pm On Jan 12, 2023
lexy2014:

1. What business does cbn have with vote buying? What has public policy got to do with cbn and vote buying?

2. Is that part of it's function? How is stopping vote buying part of CBNs functions?

3. Does cbn have any constitutional or electoral role in preventing electoral malpractice? Can you show me the law that gives cbn powers in electoral matter?

My dear I am done with this discussion
Good night.

1 Like

Re: AGF Malami, SGF Mustapha In Emergency Meeting With Emefiele At CBN - Gazette by lexy2014: 9:49pm On Jan 12, 2023
Senioreddy:

Offpoint. Look at what I asked you.

Re: AGF Malami, SGF Mustapha In Emergency Meeting With Emefiele At CBN - Gazette by unclejb2(m): 10:05pm On Jan 12, 2023
lexy2014:

What concerns cbn with vote buying? Is that CBNs job?
the new naira policy killed every plans of vote buyers
Re: AGF Malami, SGF Mustapha In Emergency Meeting With Emefiele At CBN - Gazette by Madridstar(m): 10:06pm On Jan 12, 2023
hopexter:

Na you and your household dey suffer bro, I dey very ok for this side cheesy
as you still dy your papa house, still dy eat mummy thank you food, you never know watin dy sup.
Re: AGF Malami, SGF Mustapha In Emergency Meeting With Emefiele At CBN - Gazette by lexy2014: 10:09pm On Jan 12, 2023
unclejb2:

seems you didnt understand the question. What concerns cbn with vote buying? Is that CBNs job?
Re: AGF Malami, SGF Mustapha In Emergency Meeting With Emefiele At CBN - Gazette by unclejb2(m): 10:09pm On Jan 12, 2023
lexy2014:

your employers have to reduce your pay... CBN is simply doing their constitutionally mandated job which includes designing and redesigning the naira. They have redesigned the naira, all old note become invalid by 31/01/2023.

Anyone who has stashed cash in his house must go to the bank to deposit it or stand the risk of loosing it

No vote buying this time around.

Peter Obi is winning this election with a wide margin
Re: AGF Malami, SGF Mustapha In Emergency Meeting With Emefiele At CBN - Gazette by lexy2014: 10:13pm On Jan 12, 2023
unclejb2:
your employers have to reduce your pay... CBN is simply doing their constitutionally mandated job which includes designing and redesigning the naira. They have redesigned the naira, all old note become invalid by 31/01/2023.

Anyone who has stashed cash in his house must go to the bank to deposit it or stand the risk of loosing it

No vote buying this time around.

Peter Obi is winning this election with a wide margin

you havent answered the questions.

5. how does CBN redesigning naira notes concern vote buying?
Re: AGF Malami, SGF Mustapha In Emergency Meeting With Emefiele At CBN - Gazette by unclejb2(m): 10:22pm On Jan 12, 2023
lexy2014:

you havent answered the questions.

5. how does CBN redesigning naira notes concern vote buying?
CBN has no business with vote buying. They only redesigned the naira.

Do you have any problems with that?

Did you stash away cash that you don't want to deposit into the bank?

That cash becomes useless by 31/01/2023
Re: AGF Malami, SGF Mustapha In Emergency Meeting With Emefiele At CBN - Gazette by knowhowk: 10:30pm On Jan 12, 2023
post=119969272:
Anything to move our darling nation forward is all we want at .

If he has done nothing wrong, he will walk a free man,
If he is guilty, he will face the consequences of his actions.

If you don't know anything about this case,
We will advice you to keep silent and wait for the final verdict instead of embarrassing yourself online.

The Truth Shall Prevail.

We Rise.

Words of a wise man.
A candidate opinion indeed.
And You think ,Justice have been given the Opportunity to Prevail..
Re: AGF Malami, SGF Mustapha In Emergency Meeting With Emefiele At CBN - Gazette by hopexter(m): 10:31pm On Jan 12, 2023
Madridstar:
as you still dy your papa house, still dy eat mummy thank you food, you never know watin dy sup.

No be every body be pauper like you, I’m a 2 star official awaiting my 3rd. Me and you no dey levels, while food is your problem, over ambition is mine so move undecided
Re: AGF Malami, SGF Mustapha In Emergency Meeting With Emefiele At CBN - Gazette by lexy2014: 10:35pm On Jan 12, 2023
unclejb2:
CBN has no business with vote buying. They only redesigned the naira.

Do you have any problems with that?

Did you stash away cash that you don't want to deposit into the bank?

That cash becomes useless by 31/01/2023

but the same you said that
unclejb2:

whats the correlation between new naira policy and vote buying? how did "the new naira policy killed every plans of vote buyers"? who are the vote buyers?
Re: AGF Malami, SGF Mustapha In Emergency Meeting With Emefiele At CBN - Gazette by unclejb2(m): 10:40pm On Jan 12, 2023
lexy2014:

but the same you said that

whats the correlation between new naira policy and vote buying? how did "the new naira policy killed every plans of vote buyers"? who are the vote buyers?
.... All old notes are invalid after 31/01/2023.

No shifting of dates.

Forget about vote buying.
Re: AGF Malami, SGF Mustapha In Emergency Meeting With Emefiele At CBN - Gazette by JoeNL22(m): 10:41pm On Jan 12, 2023
Obi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently / Chima Anyaso's Billboards Destroyed By Opposition's Thugs In Abia / Senate Seeks Revival Of Almajiri Schools Built By Former President Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.