Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,689 members, 7,844,266 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 05:24 PM

Jonathan Fires Adviser On Counterterrorism - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Fires Adviser On Counterterrorism (6736 Views)

Buhari Appoints Femi Adesina Special Adviser On Media And Publicity / Patience Jonathan Fires Her Spokesman, Appoints US-based Satirist / Jonathan Fires All Law School Directors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Fires Adviser On Counterterrorism by Kobojunkie: 5:57pm On Sep 05, 2011
PointB:

^^^^

Your attempt to wrap this thread around yourself is childish, attention seeking, self serving, and downright silly (and that's putting it mildly). 

This thread is not about you and your intellectual ability (or lack of it). It is about GEJ sacking his counter terrorism adviser, and whether it has an effect or not on the boko haram menace. I am not in the mood for cyclic argument, so if you dont have anything tangible to say on the topic have your fun!

hmm . . . funny, I just checked and I see I have made NO SUCH attempts. Matter of fact, that post I responded to, and the many others prior, were of you trying to dig into my brain, in your attempts at PSYCHOANALYZING ME, not YOUR brother, or your uncles, but ME. So, I suggest you at least get your wrappings figured out here.

Now if you are ready to get back to discussing the issues, then you probably want to learn to accept responses AS-IS, so you do not have to keep taking yourself around in UNNECESSARY circles.
Re: Jonathan Fires Adviser On Counterterrorism by velo10: 6:11pm On Sep 05, 2011
Another several bomb blasts more and the new special adviser will be sacked. the Boko haram issue seems like a nutcase too tough for mr presido to crack.
Re: Jonathan Fires Adviser On Counterterrorism by Gbawe: 6:14pm On Sep 05, 2011
Kay-Dee:

While Mr president cannot carry guns and patrol the streets in the name of law enforcement, the least he can do is to ensure that people who run these organizations are competent people that are held accountable for failures in their department; that, he hasnt done.

The entire Police force is in dire need of a total overhaul and security personell need proper and serious training. That will be a good place to start.

Correct. In serious Nations , GEJ would not have been allowed to bypass merit to arbitrarily, without recourse to logic and performance parameters , appoint Ringim as IGP because that is the hallmark of a Nation planning to fail . It is tragic that the entire Political establishment had no problem with how the top Cop in the Nation is less competent, less qualified and junior , in every sense, to those above him yet Mr. President was still able to go ahead and appoint him. This is an example of "bow and go" acceptance of mediocrity , the PDP is famous for, now coming back to bite us all in the azz !!! What type of Nation is Nigeria where everyone watched as GEJ played politics with the office of IGP ?

GEJ was cynical in his appointment of Ringim. As usual , Mr. President cynically and callously played politics with a serious office because he needed to win an election. Now , GEJ should accept he failed with the appointment of so many mediocre individuals who are doing their jobs very badly . GEJ is , undoubtedly, the Architect of his own failures. GEJ should not get away with pretending he is part of the solution when he was part of the problem to begin with .

"All the foregoing are necessary in order to expose the critical lack of thinking/analysis or perhaps debased parochialism displayed by the Presidency in appointing Hafiz Ringim as the new Acting IGP, thereby signing the death-warrant of an organization that has been on death-row for many years".

http://www.saharareporters.com/report/why-hafiz-ringim-not-good-choice-igp

Why Hafiz Ringim Is Not A Good Choice As IGP
Posted: September 19, 2010 - 01:43

Concerned Nigerians
On the 8th of September 2010, President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan surprised the whole nation and the security community, when he announced the sack of all service chiefs alongside the IGP and Director of SSS, and immediately replaced them with new ones.

The decision to change some of the service chiefs, particularly the Army Chief and the IGP was most welcome, as both of them had clearly demonstrated that they were not fit for the offices. The COAS for treasonable acts against the Nigerian constitution and the former IGP for clear incompetence and ineptitude. However, the choice of Mr Hafiz Ringim, a junior Officer in the hierarchy, as Acting IGP introduces a very grave and dangerous precedent into an already sick organization like the Police Force.

On the surface, it would appear has if all the nine people senior (DIGs Uba Ringim, Israel Ajao, Uzoma Declan, Haruna Ahmadu, Olusegun Efuntayo and Udo Ekpoudom plus AIGs Mrs Ivy Okoronkwo, Azubike Udah and Dawodu) to Mr Hafiz Ringim, are being punished alongside Mr Onovo for the failures of the Nigerian Police Force under Onovo’s leadership to deal effectively with any of the internal security challenges we have faced in the last one year, i.e. kidnapping and armed robbery, sectarian and religious killings, political murders, wanton abuse and extortion of commuters by police personnel on major highways and roads and in the last couple of weeks, disrespect for the judiciary. A critical and proper analysis of the police operations will reveal that none of these officers could be directly held responsible, as any IGP, whether competent or incompetent is like an Emperor over the Force, just like we find in all areas of public institutions in Nigeria. This writer has had the privilege of attending a briefing as a member of a specialized unit within the Force, to sit in a conference where the former IGP together with his “Management Team”, comprising the six DIGs and the Force Secretary met with a group of Foreign Security partners in the IG conference room. It is instructive to point out that for the whole three hours that the conference lasted, only the IG spoke on behalf of the Nigerian Police Force, not a single word or comment from any member of the “management team” was solicited or requested. We all sat through the briefing listening to our IG interacting with his visitors, at some point a couple of Officers on the Nigerian side were struggling to stay awake including the very senior officers. It is instructive to point out too, that Mr Onovo’s failure was predicted by people in the security community, but the warnings were not heeded by late President Yar-adua. In the days leading to Okiro’s retirement, many security commentators warned that Onovo, although first in line by seniority, wasn’t the best fit amongst the DIGs for the job, because he had competence gaps in field operations caused by lack of command experiences. His only stint was as CP Ogun for a very brief period, before he was posted to NDLEA as head. He returned after many years in 2001 to headquarters as an AIG, shortly after he was promoted DIG in 2002, and remained at HQ until he was made IG in August 2009. His operational deficiencies were further compounded by two major issues; one was his refusal to allow his more experienced DIGs have an active role under him. He was always afraid that they might outshine him and get noticed, secondly, he elevated Police contract to the fore of his agenda and gave it primary attention while crime fighting was secondary.

All the foregoing are necessary in order to expose the critical lack of thinking/analysis or perhaps debased parochialism displayed by the Presidency in appointing Hafiz Ringim as the new Acting IGP, thereby signing the death-warrant of an organization that has been on death-row for many years.

We have to consider also the white paper in the aftermath of work of the Police Reform Committee headed by Retired IGP M.D Yusuf and comprising sixteen other distinguished members of the security community. That committee, after many months of deliberations and spending tax payer’s money, made many recommendations. One of the major highlights of that report was the one on appointment of IGP which states that in the best interest of the Police Force, Society and Country, SENIORITY AND MERIT must be uppermost in choosing all future IGPs particularly where there is no case of established misdemeanors against any officer in contention.

Let us now subject the appointment of the new Acting IGP, Mr Hafiz Ringim to the scrutiny of this litmus test to see if it can pass as a Nation building decision.

[b]FACTS OF THE MATTER:

•    Mr Hafiz Ringim was officially number ten (10) in the Police hierarchy at the time he was appointed Acting IGP, which means he jumped over nine (9) other officers in reaching his current post.

•    In the top ten list, he was the least qualified academically, as his highest Educational qualification is an Advance Diploma, while the nine officers before him have at least a University degree, a couple of them actually have Masters degree. He enrolled in the force as Cadet Inspector with a School Cert, while the nine Officers he jumped over each enrolled as Cadet ASP because of their University degrees.

•    Was he demonstrably better than all the Officers he jumped over? A very simple look at all the Officers and their previous postings and achievement in crime fighting will reveal the injustice in his appointment. His last posting, until his appointment as IGP was as AIG Zone 9 which comprises Abia, Imo, Enugu, Ebonyi and Anambra State. The Zonal command was at Umuahia, Abia State. On the day he was appointed Acting IGP, banks in Aba, Abia State, had not operated for a week, due to the challenge of armed robbery. It was under his watch that four journalists were kidnapped in Abia State, till date, do we know the people who kidnapped the journalists?? Do we know where they were kept while in captivating? Oh I forgot, the journalist have being released, no wahala, life can go on. In more serious countries, Mr Hafiz Ringim will be accounting for his cluelessness and ineptitude in Zone 9, and not sitting in the comfort of the pent-office of Louis Edet House as IGP. By contrast, the nine Officers he jumped over didn’t have such glaring operational encumbrances; most of them had very measurable achievements in crime fighting in previous Command and Zonal postings.

•    Were his remaining service years longer than that of the nine individual Officers? The answer again is no, because he has only two years left in service, while all the people he jumped over have more years than himself. Infact, two of the now retired six DIGs each have five (5) years left in service, another two have between three and four left, while the AIGs ahead of him all had more time left in service.[/b]

What are the implications for the Police Force if his appointment is ratified?

It is the considered opinion of this writer that the decision if approved by the Police Council and the National Assembly has the potential to:

•    Effectively rob the Police Force of almost twenty (20) years of service, thereby greatly undermining the capacity of the Force to properly groom it’s next generation of Officers, as the six DIGs have between them that amount of time left, but they are being forced to retire voluntarily, so as not to suffer the indignity of saluting and reporting to their less qualified junior.

•    Undermine productivity, efficiency, commitment and dedication to service from henceforth, as it will soon become glaring to all the remaining Officers who are currently jubilating that there will be mass promotion, that there is no longer job security and guaranties for finishing careers even without any clear case of misdemeanor. Instead Officers reaching the end of their careers will concentrate more energy and Government time in growing their own private enterprise.

•    Fuel more corruption in the force, as Officers now have justification to abuse their commission in order to quickly accumulate resources for their retirement. Although it must be noted that corruption and the Police are like Siamese twins, this situation will take it a whole new level, and the Force might never recover again.

What can be done to mitigate this potential damages??

•    This writer believes that in the best interest of the Force, Society and Country, all men and women of goodwill with access to the President, should plead with him to reconsider the appointment again. Else historians will record this as another negative watershed in the life of the Nigerian Nation.

•    I believe also, that the time has come for us as a Nation to start looking at the workability of State or Regional Police as part of a truly restructured federation. This behemoth called the NPF is not working, changing the IGP and sacking all his immediate subordinates is too cosmetic.

Long Live the Federal Republic of Nigeria!

Re: Jonathan Fires Adviser On Counterterrorism by Nobody: 7:11pm On Sep 05, 2011
Bokoharamite as special adviser on terrorism.na wao.
Re: Jonathan Fires Adviser On Counterterrorism by Nobody: 7:17pm On Sep 05, 2011
so can some1 tell me why the NSA mr azazi and the IGP ringim still have their jobs when lates happenings in the polity exposes their ovious gross failure in the discharge of their mandates.
why cant GEJ exhibit the same speed with which he fired salami to get rid of this pair of collosal failures
Re: Jonathan Fires Adviser On Counterterrorism by hercules07: 7:23pm On Sep 05, 2011
The new adviser is loved by the troops, I think this is the first move from GEJ that I will applaud, Sarki Yakin Bello is a no nonsense soldier, I hope he has the intelligence to go with it. The MEND guys fear the guy no be small.
Re: Jonathan Fires Adviser On Counterterrorism by Kobojunkie: 7:29pm On Sep 05, 2011
But he is just an adviser! undecided undecided Or am I missing something here?
Re: Jonathan Fires Adviser On Counterterrorism by Johndoe100(m): 8:26pm On Sep 05, 2011
@gbawe
I see that you have not gotten over your loss at the last election. Very sad. get with the program.

@kobojunkie
Is it that you haters just can't stop. The way to tackle BH is well known but takes a little time, we are on the way. There will unfortunately be a few bombings before the organization is crushed.
Re: Jonathan Fires Adviser On Counterterrorism by adamaw2tuf: 8:31pm On Sep 05, 2011
Tipical nigerian way of thinking,never ever accept a responsiblity for anything,so now we have to shift the blames on foreigners and that is the answer?until people start admiting they have problems and start looking for an honest solutions to their problems instead of looking for easy targets like making this issue look like what u always see here,when there is a national security issues like robbery,kiddnapings,ritual killings,other corruptions and now plus terrorism and the best some people love to do is only to identifie the offenders or the crimminals as hausas,ibos yorubas,and now it's the foreigners in hurry to run away from the reality.THOSE CRIMMINALS ARE NIGERIANS PERIOD, AND NOBODY WANNA GET BLOWN UP BY SOME IDIOTS,SO STOP FOOLING YOURSELVES AND START THINKING LIKE HUMANS PLS, COS IF YOU CHOOSE TO IGNORE THE FACT SO YOU CAN CHASE THE WIND HA HA  TONERDO LL HIT YOU HARD AND HARDER.
Re: Jonathan Fires Adviser On Counterterrorism by Kobojunkie: 8:37pm On Sep 05, 2011
Johndoe100:

@kobojunkie
Is it that you haters just can't stop. The way to tackle BH is well known but takes a little time, we are on the way. There will unfortunately be a few bombings before the organization is crushed.
hmm . . . . I see that you are still having a hard time letting go of the obvious holes in your upbringing. What has HATERS to do with a simple discussion as this one? Is this no more a DEMOCRACY? Or does it all have to do with YOU and YOUR ISSUES WITH DIFFERING OPINIONS ALL OF THE TIME?   undecided undecided undecided undecided

Granted you believe your giving more time and space for more killings works for you, but I don't think trying to shove that down my throat is going to work for you or me here. I have made myself clear here. If you don't like it, you don't have to direct your retorts to me.
Re: Jonathan Fires Adviser On Counterterrorism by Obinoscopy(m): 9:08pm On Sep 05, 2011
Its a nice step in the right direction. He has sent a strong signal to his team.
Re: Jonathan Fires Adviser On Counterterrorism by Onlytruth(m): 9:25pm On Sep 05, 2011
LOL. More like teacher don't teach me bull5hit. Get da hell outta here. cool
Re: Jonathan Fires Adviser On Counterterrorism by nduchucks: 9:57pm On Sep 05, 2011
PointB & Onlytruth, shatap dia!! What would be your own suggestion to the authorities regarding how to arrest the situation at hand? I'm tired of you people continuing to carry on as if we are still in the elections period. Let us do our best to support the President instead of carrying on with useless diatribes.

GEJ will be in office untill 2015 unless he is legally removed or done in 'providence'. Constructive criticisms are legitimate support BTW.
Re: Jonathan Fires Adviser On Counterterrorism by ocelot2006(m): 10:37pm On Sep 05, 2011
Maj. General Bello as the new Counter-Terrorism Adviser? EXCELLENT CHOICE!! The general was in charge of the JTF and was responsible for the success in wrestling PH from the militants and cultists, along with the capture and destruction of notorious militant camps hidden within the creeks. As the new GOC of the 82 Composite Division, he relocated his command post to Aba, and was solely responsible for ending of the whole kidnap saga within the region. It was thanks to him that the kidnap kingpin was terminated with extreme prejudice. As the new Adviser, I'm hoping that the army's special operations group and the Navy's SBS will fall under his command. President Jonathan has definitely made the right choice. About time.
Re: Jonathan Fires Adviser On Counterterrorism by friedrice1: 11:06pm On Sep 05, 2011
Clueless is synonymous GEJ, it cannot be taken away from him.
I think those that merit this sack are the IGP and the NSA,
Re: Jonathan Fires Adviser On Counterterrorism by Chyz2: 11:38pm On Sep 05, 2011
Good move. I am happy Bello is out of the GOC of the 82 division which is in the East. But I'm not getting my hopes up.GEJ is known for making sure Northerners keep top positions and replacing northern muslims with northern muslims. Bello is replaced by some from the SE/SS this would have been the best move he made in a while.
Re: Jonathan Fires Adviser On Counterterrorism by solomon229: 2:45am On Sep 06, 2011
This is mainly for those of you living and travelling into the Northern part of Nigeria. Me and my friends have been working on a portable "bomb-detector" badge. I was motivated by GEJ unparalleled "security" deficiencies and his obvious lack of respect for human lives, like he demonstrated in the last elections.

The device can detect any **** circuit or **** chemical within 100 meters of the wearer. Please dont leave your security to GEJ and his clueless security chiefs.

PointB a.k.a Beaf is counting bodies in 1000s as milestones for GEJ to act. Don't become a part of their statistics protect your family and friends to the best of your ability.
Re: Jonathan Fires Adviser On Counterterrorism by Gbawe: 7:28am On Sep 06, 2011
Johndoe100:

@gbawe
I see that you have not gotten over your loss at the last election. Very sad. get with the program.

Shameless sycophant !!! Why does GEJ need enemies with sycophants like you , PointB and Beaf? Can one of you , if you actually have a shred of uprightness left, respond to the article that shows how Jonathan , out of "debased parochialism", gave us an IGP less qualified than many others superiors to him in rank, intelligence, crime fighting record and academic qualification?

Was Mr. President not planning to fail when he employed his IGP out of cynicism and opportunism rather than outright merit and competence? You lot are shameless. Your hero deliberately gave us the least competent Police boss possible out of those available . You shameless enemies of Nigeria should tell us why GEJ did that only to be pretending he is now bothered about Nigerians dying when he was not concerned about employing the best indivual to safegaurd their lives and property in the first place !!!!

In the top ten list, he was the least qualified academically, as his highest Educational qualification is an Advance Diploma, while the nine officers before him have at least a University degree, a couple of them actually have Masters degree. He enrolled in the force as Cadet Inspector with a School Cert, while the nine Officers he jumped over each enrolled as Cadet ASP because of their University degrees.

Was he demonstrably better than all the Officers he jumped over? A very simple look at all the Officers and their previous postings and achievement in crime fighting will reveal the injustice in his appointment. His last posting, until his appointment as IGP was as AIG Zone 9 which comprises Abia, Imo, Enugu, Ebonyi and Anambra State. The Zonal command was at Umuahia, Abia State. On the day he was appointed Acting IGP, banks in Aba, Abia State, had not operated for a week, due to the challenge of armed robbery. It was under his watch that four journalists were kidnapped in Abia State, till date, do we know the people who kidnapped the journalists?? Do we know where they were kept while in captivating? Oh I forgot, the journalist have being released, no wahala, life can go on. In more serious countries, Mr Hafiz Ringim will be accounting for his cluelessness and ineptitude in Zone 9, and not sitting in the comfort of the pent-office of Louis Edet House as IGP. By contrast, the nine Officers he jumped over didn’t have such glaring operational encumbrances; most of them had very measurable achievements in crime fighting in previous Command and Zonal postings.

Re: Jonathan Fires Adviser On Counterterrorism by ocelot2006(m): 9:20am On Sep 06, 2011
@ Gbawe I totally agree with you on the IG. It came as a very rude shock when the President chose him over the previous DIGs that were more competent. This went totally against the code of the Police Service Commission. In my opinion, that was a very big mistake. You had DIGs like Ringim, Haruna, and Ekpoudom who were not only degree holders (Ekpoudom held 2 masters degrees) but also fellows of the prestigious War College and extremely seasoned cops with very good track records. Too bad.
Re: Jonathan Fires Adviser On Counterterrorism by PointB: 9:25am On Sep 06, 2011
@Gbawe,

This thread is not about IGP (old or new), this thread is about replacement of Adviser On Counterterrorism. I wonder why it is hard for you to focus on the specific issue. Does it have anything to do with your being a member of the new ACN  - Association of Clueless Nairalanders?
Re: Jonathan Fires Adviser On Counterterrorism by juman(m): 10:31am On Sep 06, 2011
Good step
Re: Jonathan Fires Adviser On Counterterrorism by Gbawe: 11:05am On Sep 06, 2011
PointB:

@Gbawe,

This thread is not about IGP (old or new), this thread is about replacement of Adviser On Counterterrorism. I wonder why it is hard for you to focus on the specific issue. Does it have anything to do with your being a member of the new ACN  - Association of Clueless Nairalanders?

Can you leave sycophancy aside for 1 second and even , for once, pretend to see the big picture glaringly starring you in the face? GEJ has a habit of giving Nigeria politically motivated ,'settlement' based and "carry everyone along" appointment eg Ringim (IGP) and Haliru Bello (Defense Minister) . In sane Nations, many would conclude that the failure of the appointees of GEJ, chosen despite the availability of others who are better and more qualified, is a direct indictment of Mr. President's poor judgement and inability , first and formost, to do what is best for Nigeria . How do we know that this adviser on Counter-terrorism was not a poor deployment to begin with made possible by how Jonathan loves 'dashing' serious positions on considerations that totally ignore merit and ability?

Anyway, you are the clueless one if you did not notice that I initially mentioned the IGP in response to this:

While Mr president cannot carry guns and patrol the streets in the name of law enforcement, the least he can do is to ensure that people who run these organizations are competent people that are held accountable for failures in their department; that, he hasnt done.

The entire Police force is in dire need of a total overhaul and security personell need proper and serious training. That will be a good place to start.
Re: Jonathan Fires Adviser On Counterterrorism by Gbawe: 11:15am On Sep 06, 2011
ocelot2006:

@ Gbawe I totally agree with you on the IG. It came as a very rude shock when the President chose him over the previous DIGs that were more competent. This went totally against the code of the Police Service Commission. In my opinion, that was a very big mistake. You had DIGs like Ringim, Haruna, and Ekpoudom who were not only degree holders (Ekpoudom held 2 masters degrees) but also fellows of the prestigious War College and extremely seasoned cops with very good track records. Too bad.

My brother, let some continue to play Ostrich in their blind defense of GEJ. Hafiz Ringim as IGP? Haliru Bello as Defense Minister? With those type of appointments in positions that impact hugely on the security of Nigerians, how can GEJ escape being viewed as part of the problem with how he cynically plays politics with very serious issues?

Even as Ekpoudom is diplomatic in the interview below it is obvious he went before he was pushed . The likes of him and others will shake their head at the political expediency killing [/b]Nigeria with how mediocrity (including GEJ himself) is promoted above competence just so that some can continue to retain total control of the commonwealth of Nigeria directly or by proxy.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/explore/2011/june/05/explore-05-06-2011-002.html

Honestly, my retirement ought to have commenced on December 31, 2011, but when President Goodluck Jonathan made some changes in all the forces, including the police, a new Inspector-General of Police, who was an Assistant Inspector General of Police, was appointed, while I was a Deputy Inspector-General of Police. [b]As it is, it was not too good for me to work under a junior officer who was promoted above me, then, I had no choice than to retire.
I decided to proceed on leave until my retirement took place at the end of 2010.
Re: Jonathan Fires Adviser On Counterterrorism by Bawss1(m): 11:20am On Sep 06, 2011
ndu_chucks:

PointB & Onlytruth, shatap dia!! What would be your own suggestion to the authorities regarding how to arrest the situation at hand? I'm tired of you people continuing to carry on as if we are still in the elections period. Let us do our best to support the President instead of carrying on with useless diatribes.

GEJ will be in office untill 2015 unless he is legally removed or done in 'providence'. Constructive criticisms are legitimate support BTW.

Apparently GEJ apologists don't understand that.
Re: Jonathan Fires Adviser On Counterterrorism by Gbawe: 11:26am On Sep 06, 2011
Bawss1:

Apparently GEJ apologists don't understand that.

Not at all. They are also guilty of not even being able to minimally admit the glaring and grave mistakes of GEJ the whole Nation has to suffer for such as the appointment of an IGP who is less competent than those forced to make way for him. Very retrogressive way to run a Nation , in the first place, only to then pretend to be seeking solutions tomorrow.

Nigeria: IG - Ringim's Appointment Retrogressive - Tsav

Abdulaziz Abdulaziz

12 September 2010

Kano — Former Lagos State commissioner of police, (CP), Alhaji Abubakar Tsav has described as retrogressive, the appointment of Hafiz Ringim, an Assistant Inspector-General (AIG) as the Inspector-General of Police as insincere and a payback to someone who aided President Goodluck Jonathan to begin his journey to the presidency.

"We are talking of reformation of the police, and Mr Ogbonna Onovo who is doing his best to achieve this is not only removed but all his Deputy Inspector Generals DIGs and senior AIGs are being swept away by the tide to create room for an officer who made it possible for Jonathan to succeed Alamieyeseigha as governor after Obasanjo's carefully schemed impeachment." The former CP argued in a statement.

Whenever a shake-up like the last week's clean-up of top heads of the nation's security outfits occurred, the expectation is that the next person in line of succession be appointed to replace the removed. However, contrary to this norm in the service, President Goodluck Jonathan appointed an Assistant Inspector General (AIG), Mr Ringim to replace the sacked Inspector General, Mr Onovo.

Mr. Ringim has at least seven superior officers ahead of him including six DIGs and an AIG would have to quit. Those likely to as a result of Ringim catapault include DIGs, Uba Ringim (in charge of 'A' Department, Finance and Administration); Israel Ajao ('B' Department, Operations); Udom Ekpoudom ('C' Department, Logistics and Supplies); John Ahmadu ('D' Department, Force Criminal Investigation) Uzoma Declan ('E' Department, Force training); and Olusegun Efuntayo ('F' Department, Research and Planning) and the Force Secretary, AIG Suleiman Fakai.

The appointment of Ringim, who is due for retirement in the next 18 months, has sent shocker to the top echeleon of the police especially with DIGs like Ringim's own cousin, Uba Bala, having longer time to spend in the service.

[b]However, some pundits linked Ringim's appointment to his relationship with President Goodluck Jonathan, especially the appointee's role in removing the then Bayelsa State governor, Chief Diepriye Alamieyeseigha which gave room for Jonathan, then Alamieyeseigha's deputy to occupy the governorship seat.[/b]
Re: Jonathan Fires Adviser On Counterterrorism by PointB: 12:17pm On Sep 06, 2011
@Gbawe,
So other than attacking GEJ 'apologists' and referring us back to some old and new IGP, what exactly have you contributed to this thread, regarding the issue of the replacement?

Just trying to keep you focus on the topic; your misdirection ranting (on the IGP saga) should be a topic for another day/time.
Re: Jonathan Fires Adviser On Counterterrorism by Kobojunkie: 12:21pm On Sep 06, 2011
Yes, only those who engage in the FUTILE act of prof-erring solutions to ALREADY ELECTED OFFICIALS post meaningfully ooo . . . . We don hire dem finish . . . we also need to tell them what to do even though they are supposed to have solutions !!

Re: Jonathan Fires Adviser On Counterterrorism by PointB: 12:25pm On Sep 06, 2011
At least those ones are not taking out their frustration on fellow Nairalanders; nor are they wrapping every topic around themselves!
Re: Jonathan Fires Adviser On Counterterrorism by Kobojunkie: 12:51pm On Sep 06, 2011
Yeah, throw DEMOCRACY and all it means out the door as far as Nigeria is concerned . . . .

Re: Jonathan Fires Adviser On Counterterrorism by salolo(m): 7:03pm On Nov 27, 2012
over due long time

(1) (2) (Reply)

‘There would be a pleasant surprise in 2015 elections’ - Pastor Kalejaiye / Nigerians Be Warned! / What Is "Dariqa Muslims": Political Understanding Of Muslim Divisions/groups

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.