Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,020 members, 7,956,777 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 06:40 PM

Patience Jonathan Fires Her Spokesman, Appoints US-based Satirist - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Patience Jonathan Fires Her Spokesman, Appoints US-based Satirist (18935 Views)

Jonathan Fires All Law School Directors / Jonathan Fires DG Of BPE / Jonathan Fires Adviser On Counterterrorism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Patience Jonathan Fires Her Spokesman, Appoints US-based Satirist by bandely(m): 1:09am On Apr 01, 2013
As fresh crisis surrounding the health of the First Lady Mrs. Patience Jonathan brews, the presidency has fired her spokesman, Mr. Ayo Osinlu. The news is contained in a press release issued by the president’s Special Assistant on the Media, Dr. Reuben Abati.

Sahara-reporters sources say that the decision to fire Mr. Osinlu was taken by the First Lady from her hospital bed in Europe. Mrs. Patience Jonathan was mad at the inability of Mr. Osinlu to provide a foolproof decoy of a story to distract the media from her current medical surgeon abroad.

Mr. Osinlu was roundly criticized for the way he handled the news about the whereabouts of the First Lady last year. During the period, Mr. Osinlu told journalists that the First Lady went to Germany on vacation but Mrs. Jonathan later confirmed the story published by Saharareporters that she was hospitalized in Germany for weeks.

Our sources in Abuja said that the presidency felt that Mr. Osinlu had lost credibility with the media establishment and that the First Lady needed a heavy hitter the way the president recruited Dr. Doyin Okupe to strengthen his media team that was once in disarray.

All efforts by Saharareporters to reach Mr. Osinlu by phone and text failed.

In the press release, the presidency named Rudolf Okonkwo as the new spokesman of the wife of the President. “Mr. Okonkwo,” the release says, “has a good understanding of social media and the internet world and will use those skills to counter the barrage of lies being peddled by some disgruntled Nigerians on the web about the person of our First Lady.”

Until his new appointment Mr. Okonkwo was a columnist for Saharareporters.com and the host of Dr. Damages Show. His satirical show routinely makes fun of the First Lady as well as mine President Jonathan’s utterances to create an unflattering portrayal of the president.

Since the announcement all efforts to reach Mr. Okonkwo by phone and text has failed. Saharareporters cannot ascertain his whereabouts at press time.

A friend of Mr. Okonkwo told Saharareporters.com that he was not surprised at Mr. Okonkwo’s acceptance of this position in a government he had roundly condemned. “The man is as poor as a church rat and I knew it was a matter of time before he jumped ship,” he said. “He is following the lead of the likes of Reuben Abati and Femi Fani-Kayode. They are all shameless hypocrites.”

The move to appoint Mr. Okonkwo as Mrs. Jonathan’s spokesman is seen by some Aso Rock observers as “a coup” of some sort as one of voices critical of Jonathan’s administration will effectively be silenced.

Speaking to our correspondent, an Abuja based editor who pleaded anonymity said that he doubted if this appointment would work. “Rudolf Okonkwo was at one time a promising journalist,” he said. “But right now, for all intents and purposes, he is just a clown. You don’t use a clown to defend another clown.”

The Abuja editor went on to say, “I hope this is just an April Fools’ joke.”

mobile.saharareporters.com/news-page/first-lady-patience-jonathan-fires-her-spokesman-appoints-us-based-satirist-media-aide
Re: Patience Jonathan Fires Her Spokesman, Appoints US-based Satirist by Nobody: 2:01am On Apr 01, 2013
lol, nice one Dr Damages
Re: Patience Jonathan Fires Her Spokesman, Appoints US-based Satirist by Nobody: 2:09am On Apr 01, 2013
Lmao.. Funny story showing how chameleonic and unprincipled most Nigerians are... They critique when they're hungry, however, they change their tune once they start eating and getting fat... grin

Like they say: "The way to a man's heart is his stomach."

Ermmm.... Delete that...

The right quote: "The way to a Nigerian's heart is his stomach."

That's more like it... undecided

3 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Fires Her Spokesman, Appoints US-based Satirist by splashbaby(m): 3:28am On Apr 01, 2013
Until Pacie talk on her return...nothing should be believed! don't be a learner.
Re: Patience Jonathan Fires Her Spokesman, Appoints US-based Satirist by Nobody: 3:38am On Apr 01, 2013
shymexx: Lmao.. Funny story showing how chameleonic and unprincipled most Nigerians are... They critique when they're hungry, however, they change their tune once they start eating and getting fat... grin

Like they say: "The way to a man's heart is his stomach."

Ermmm.... Delete that...

The right quote: "The way to a Nigerian's heart is his stomach."

That's more like it... undecided
Everyone has got a price...it may not be financial. The contacts, networking and exposure that can be achieved at that level of government can only be imagined! Having sad that, why should he refuse the appointment? Being a spokesman in the presidency is just like every reporting job...sometimes u exaggerate, withhold infos, etc Congrats to Okonkwo on this great feat!

3 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Fires Her Spokesman, Appoints US-based Satirist by ganye1: 3:48am On Apr 01, 2013
Is this an April fool joke?

4 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Fires Her Spokesman, Appoints US-based Satirist by tayooluwole: 4:36am On Apr 01, 2013
got nufffin to comment for now cos it seems like aprill fool riddles untill i find it to be truth.....

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan Fires Her Spokesman, Appoints US-based Satirist by Feedmemore(f): 5:29am On Apr 01, 2013
ganye1: Is this an April fool joke?

Off course it is! Are you a learner? tongue

2 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Fires Her Spokesman, Appoints US-based Satirist by nduchucks: 5:30am On Apr 01, 2013
ganye1: Is this an April fool joke?

Its the best April Fool's joke I've read so far today.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6

4 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Fires Her Spokesman, Appoints US-based Satirist by takedat(m): 7:00am On Apr 01, 2013
Nicely cooked up April fool joke.
Re: Patience Jonathan Fires Her Spokesman, Appoints US-based Satirist by Super1759: 7:05am On Apr 01, 2013
I had already fallen for this. Smh
Re: Patience Jonathan Fires Her Spokesman, Appoints US-based Satirist by Tolexander: 7:17am On Apr 01, 2013
I just don't know why i have been refusing to believe every news. Had known before reading the news that it isn't meant for me.
Re: Patience Jonathan Fires Her Spokesman, Appoints US-based Satirist by Nobody: 7:26am On Apr 01, 2013
Okupe for don dey sheet for pant
Re: Patience Jonathan Fires Her Spokesman, Appoints US-based Satirist by ninja4life(m): 7:28am On Apr 01, 2013
Another critic down next are take dat,demdem,eko Atlantic and so on.dis makes me remember d thread Rossike opened dat if u are offerd abati's job will u accept or decline it,so many people ignored d thread and those dat answerd were sentimental so dis is just an example.pls does any1 has contact of aso rock i also need d job at into our system dat at d right price 99% of gej nairaland critics will accept d job without second thought EVEN IF ITS JUST APRIL FOOL

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan Fires Her Spokesman, Appoints US-based Satirist by okunboy: 7:49am On Apr 01, 2013
A well-crafted April fool joke!
Re: Patience Jonathan Fires Her Spokesman, Appoints US-based Satirist by spywareczar(m): 8:20am On Apr 01, 2013
April foolzzzzz

Re: Patience Jonathan Fires Her Spokesman, Appoints US-based Satirist by Burger01(m): 8:21am On Apr 01, 2013
See how some fools fell for the 'fool' thing. The source posted is a decoy and yet some fools you think are smart fell for it... Happy fool's day to the fools o... sad

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan Fires Her Spokesman, Appoints US-based Satirist by MahatmaGhandi: 8:22am On Apr 01, 2013
clear april fool
Re: Patience Jonathan Fires Her Spokesman, Appoints US-based Satirist by mrman2(m): 8:25am On Apr 01, 2013
Trust most Nigerians to nack their head on the ground over this info. IT IS A JOKE OOOO BEFORE YOU START BLOWING GRAMMAR

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan Fires Her Spokesman, Appoints US-based Satirist by highlandre(m): 8:26am On Apr 01, 2013
In Nigeria, people only criticize the govt of the day in order to get appointments; the critics usually turn out to be job-seekers, who are worse off than those they use their pen against...smh. Examples of such individuals like Fani Kayode, Reuben Abati etc abound
Re: Patience Jonathan Fires Her Spokesman, Appoints US-based Satirist by Annie2gud(f): 8:28am On Apr 01, 2013
Ruldorf okonkwo and patience jonathan,who wore it better?

Re: Patience Jonathan Fires Her Spokesman, Appoints US-based Satirist by luv2talk(m): 8:30am On Apr 01, 2013
WHAT!!!! shocked shocked shocked
This woman is as confused as Mr Retarded hubby, Is Ayo osinlu an architect of her miserable life? why should she Fire him for saying the truth this time?
She fired ISIAKA ALIAGAN her former media aid for no reason, Now, its the turnof Ayo osinlu...Kai, See how Money makes a Respected Journalist look like a LEARNER grin grin grin
Re: Patience Jonathan Fires Her Spokesman, Appoints US-based Satirist by wellmax(m): 8:30am On Apr 01, 2013
Nice one.
Re: Patience Jonathan Fires Her Spokesman, Appoints US-based Satirist by naptu2: 8:35am On Apr 01, 2013
I saw the headline and immediately knew that it's an April fools' joke. I started reading the article and. . . .could this be true? Then I saw "Rudolph Okonkwo". . .definitely an April fools' joke.
Re: Patience Jonathan Fires Her Spokesman, Appoints US-based Satirist by Morgan1092(m): 8:36am On Apr 01, 2013
Dis sounds so true, bt i knw is an April Fool.
Re: Patience Jonathan Fires Her Spokesman, Appoints US-based Satirist by adeyak83(m): 8:36am On Apr 01, 2013
Annie2gud: Ruldorf okonkwo and patience jonathan,who wore it better?

hnmmmmm... Patience Jonathan na mama 2fyn o, she 2 fyn, she gave us plenty grammers she 2 gud, grammer sweet wel wel she 2 gud...
Re: Patience Jonathan Fires Her Spokesman, Appoints US-based Satirist by mkoabiola: 8:39am On Apr 01, 2013
Power miss road!
Re: Patience Jonathan Fires Her Spokesman, Appoints US-based Satirist by poke(m): 8:41am On Apr 01, 2013
haay..h
this is higest among apriel fool i have ever read
9ja una no go kill person

grin grin grin
Re: Patience Jonathan Fires Her Spokesman, Appoints US-based Satirist by SlyIg(f): 8:43am On Apr 01, 2013
Hey ya
Re: Patience Jonathan Fires Her Spokesman, Appoints US-based Satirist by blackbeau1(f): 8:48am On Apr 01, 2013
If this is not a joke,which I have every reason to believe it isn't, then this man has just done what majority of Nigerians would do. Let's face it,most of the so-called critics in Naija are disgruntled political elements who just make fun of the present government because they are not part of it. Give them a share of the national cake and well,alls forgiven.its just a pity that some nigerians will allow themselves to be fooled into believing this people really care

2 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Fires Her Spokesman, Appoints US-based Satirist by miqos02(m): 8:56am On Apr 01, 2013
its april 1st. right?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Policeman Threatening To Shoot A Civilian (Video) / Suspected Boko Haram Member Feigns Madness, Narrowly Escapes Arrest In Yobe / Ali Modu-Sheriff Appoints Inuwa Bwala Special Assistant On Media

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.