Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,882 members, 7,844,843 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 08:38 AM

Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? (5196 Views)

Nine Ministers Seeking Elective Positions Resign / 2023 Presidency: Group Shortlists 18 Potential Igbo Candidates / Opinion; 6 Years Single Term For Elective Political Offices In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by Jogs1900: 6:41pm On Jan 14, 2023
Moh247:

Even Lord Lugard reports to house of lords
Have they reopened Alaba market?

1 Like

Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by DMerciful(m): 6:55pm On Jan 14, 2023
If crocodile eat their own eggs, what will they not do to the flesh of a frog. Did the North not kill Deborah who is a Northerner for flimsy reasons?

Look how you guys celebrate the belligerency of the North...can you yourself stay in Zamfara and settle to raise a family?
Moh247:

Since 1950s Ibos know how many people they lost trying to mess with the North. Massacre, Civil war, Jihad

They won't try such

Obi won't even campaign in the Core North

North are cool with you if you stay cool

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by DMerciful(m): 6:56pm On Jan 14, 2023
Should the Igbos worship the fowl because they wanna eat egg?
oyebanji44:

It wasn't a mistake..e.ebos are just ungrateful people. .

2 Likes

Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by DMerciful(m): 6:58pm On Jan 14, 2023
Tinubu is a stranger in Lagos and that goes for 85% of Yorubas in Lagos
peepydelano:
You don’t loose guard with ungrateful people, you don’t make them too comfortable in your land

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by DMerciful(m): 7:04pm On Jan 14, 2023
Can you stay in core North and raise a family? Answer the question without rigmaroling
Moh247:

My Maternal grandfather became very rich in Kano, my mum grew up in Kano, in fact North is very very cool

Forget all this nonsense talk... Rochas Okorocha, Orji Uzor Kalu, Donald Duke all got their break up North

3 Likes

Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by Moh247: 7:07pm On Jan 14, 2023
DMerciful:
Can you stay in core North and raise a family? Answer the question without rigmaroling

Yes I can, Kano and Jigawa are my favorite... But definitely not IPOB land

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by DMerciful(m): 7:10pm On Jan 14, 2023
Can you show just 1 Yoruba person that was killed in SE for the past 20yrs? None!

You don't know your enemies
Moh247:

Yes I can, Kano and Jigawa are my favorite... But definitely not IPOB land

4 Likes

Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by DMerciful(m): 7:22pm On Jan 14, 2023
Are you this dull? Show me 1 Yoruba person killed in SE in the last 20yrs. You can see that you have no point, you can stay in Kano where they kill Southerners for a cartoon in Denmark but cant stay in the East where they’ve never killed any of your tribes men
Moh247:

So my neighbor who happens to be an Agriculture MSC holder and a consultant got a contract to work in Ebonyi as a rice farmer sponsored by CBN

Everything went wrong

No mobile network

Locals see their land like Gold even when he wanted a lease

Food was terrible..

He went through a lot

Ebonyi seem to be one of the most liberal of Ibo states after imo, just imagine what he went through seeking an investment

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by Moh247: 7:25pm On Jan 14, 2023
DMerciful:
Are you this dull? Show me 1 Yoruba person killed in SE in the last 20yrs. You can see that you have no point, you can stay in Kano where they kill Southerners for a cartoon in Denmark but cant stay in the East where they’ve never killed any of your tribes men

Don't be foolish boy... Ofcoarse they kill only people who go there like Hausa Fulani traders

Yorubas learnt to a oid you guys long ago

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by kettykin: 7:26pm On Jan 14, 2023
Why was Kano not a former capital of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by DMerciful(m): 7:26pm On Jan 14, 2023
Its good you avoid SE however Igbos benefit from every inch of Nigeria so we have more advantages
Moh247:

Don't be foolish boy... Ofcoarse they kill only people who go there like Hausa Fulani traders

Yorubas learnt to a oid you guys long ago

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by Moh247: 7:28pm On Jan 14, 2023
DMerciful:
Its good you avoid SE however Igbos benefit from every inch of Nigeria so we have more advantages

Same way Yorubas would rather explore better economy in UK/US and Lagos and not SouthEast

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jan 14, 2023
INDOMIE9090:
Nah tinubu cause am now.
He employed many of them into civil service during his tenure so why won’t they have the gutt to contest

Ironically, they re the ones serving it hot hot to Tinubu daily with personalized insult,abuses and disgusting curses.

5 Likes

Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by DMerciful(m): 7:32pm On Jan 14, 2023
How many Yorubas will explore US/UK? You see the reason Igbos are economically successful? They move without fear or favor
Moh247:

Same way Yorubas would rather explore better economy in UK/US and Lagos and not SouthEast

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jan 14, 2023
DMerciful:

What is a sane and rational non-Igbo person looking for in the SE? Especially today? Same SE most Igbo who have the means are fleeing?

Meanwhile, keep bragging about benefitting from every inch of Nigeria. We will see how long that will continue.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by DMerciful(m): 7:38pm On Jan 14, 2023
As long as Nigeria continues! You had it coming when you fought Igbos to return to Nigeria!
OneTemplate:

What is a sane and rational non-Igbo person looking for in the SE? Especially today?

Meanwhile, keep bragging about benefitting from every inch of Nigeria. We will see how long that will continue.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by Peterobiisathie(f): 7:38pm On Jan 14, 2023
jmoore:
Tinubu urchins and foolishness!!

It seems you can't breathe without mentioning Igbo.

Babablu Bluublu bulabu.
Gazelle gagaraga.
nobody mentioned Igbo here but Yeeboe

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by oyatz(m): 7:39pm On Jan 14, 2023
Moh247:

Since 1950s Ibos know how many people they lost trying to mess with the North. Massacre, Civil war, Jihad

They won't try such

Obi won't even campaign in the Core North

North are cool with you if you stay cool

But this is not cool.

All Nigerians should feel at home in all parts of Nigeria.

This is how we can build a Nation out of this country.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by oyatz(m): 7:41pm On Jan 14, 2023
INDOMIE9090:
Nah tinubu cause am now.
He employed many of them into civil service during his tenure so why won’t they have the gutt to contest

Honestly, Tinubu did what was right... integration.

If the Igbos are contesting in Lagos, it is also to the glory of Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by jmoore(m): 7:47pm On Jan 14, 2023
Peterobiisathie:
nobody mentioned Igbo here but Yeeboe

Check the headline/topic, then you will see why I always say that most Tinubu urchins keep their brains in the toilet and come online to post nonsense.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by oyatz(m): 7:49pm On Jan 14, 2023
oyebanji44:

you know Yoruba people. .

Minority of us have tender hearts of women..

Even after the war ...the Yorubas were the first people to sympathize and conciliate them

This is not a sign of weaknesses at hall but a sign of civilization.

All Nigerians irrespective of their ancestral origins should participate in politics of their host States...I know this may seems uncomfortable initially but with time, it will help us in the long run.

Look at the Hausa-Fulanis settlers in Jos,Plateau State and Gombe State, they are active in the politics of their States.

This trend will also encourage non-indigenes in Abia,Enugu, Anambra etc to contest.

In our precolonial Kingdoms/Empires, there was no tribalism and people rose through the ranks based on merits regardless of their tribal backgrounds e.g High Chief Obaseki of Bini Empire rose to a prominent position despite not been originally from Bini but Anioma.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by oyebanji44: 7:53pm On Jan 14, 2023
oyatz:

This is not a sign of weaknesses at hall but a sign of civilization.

All Nigerians irrespective of their ancestral origins should participate in politics of their host States...I know this may seems uncomfortable initially but with time, it will help us in the long run.

Look at the Hausa-Fulanis settlers in Jos,Plateau State and Gombe State, they are active in the politics of their States.

This trend will also encourage non-indigenes in Abia,Enugu, Anambra etc to contest.

In our precolonial Kingdoms/Empires, there was no tribalism and people rose through the ranks based on merits regardless of their tribal backgrounds e.g High Chief Obaseki of Bini Empire rose to a prominent position despite not been originally from Bini but Anioma.

Good..thank you

1 Like

Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by oyatz(m): 7:53pm On Jan 14, 2023
oyebanji44:

The same thing sir Ahmadu bello said..

It is now clear to us that these people are the enemy ...

The Igbos are NOT enemies of any tribe, they are just different.

Since Nigeria is an almagamation of many tribes, we must accommodate and co-exist with each other.

Eventhough, I will vote for Tinubu but I feel what the Igbos feel and their quest for the presidency is very legitimate.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by pandax: 8:03pm On Jan 14, 2023
peepydelano:
Obi with him Igbo sense jejely dy avoid core north grin. I believe Obi just want to shared off fats and nothing serious

He can win without the core North in 2023

1 Like

Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by MasterShifu010(m): 8:04pm On Jan 14, 2023
This is definitely an anti-Igbo post ...
Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by Burruchaga71(m): 8:16pm On Jan 14, 2023
The answer is very simple..
Lagos is no man's land

1 Like

Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by Ekpeitit(m): 8:57pm On Jan 14, 2023
Because they know that Hausa people will never vote for IPOB thieves.
Na South South dem want take win election, we go show dem pepper.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by Chuksaluta(m): 9:08pm On Jan 14, 2023
OneTemplate:

What is a sane and rational non-Igbo person looking for in the SE? Especially today? Same SE most Igbo who have the means are fleeing?

Who is we? All these robots on nairaland sef tire me.

The painful pill for this iron bucket is that Ondo, Ekiti and Osun rallies by LP was successful. Yorubas are with PO & Datti. You may enter depression after Ogun and Lagos rallies

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by APCHaram: 9:11pm On Jan 14, 2023
DMerciful:
Tinubu is a stranger in Lagos and that goes for 85% of Yorubas in Lagos

And that makes you what?
Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by Antivirus92(m): 9:20pm On Jan 14, 2023
Moh247:

My Maternal grandfather became very rich in Kano, my mum grew up in Kano, in fact North is very very cool

Forget all this nonsense talk... Rochas Okorocha, Orji Uzor Kalu, Donald Duke all got their break up North

you're Yoruba.....
wetin concern u with Igbo affair?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

(BREAKING NEWS) Aregbeshola Is Sacking / Good News Coming From Mr.president- See Tweets 4mins Ago / Who Is The Best Nigerian President - 1999 To 2017 "SEE VOTES"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.