Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,417 members, 7,826,606 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

Should A Married Woman Keep In Touch With Her Ex? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should A Married Woman Keep In Touch With Her Ex? (33479 Views)

Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? / Should Married Individuals Keep In Touch With Exes? / Can Marriage To A Beautiful Woman Keep A Man From Philandering? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Married Woman Keep In Touch With Her Ex? by catso(m): 12:40pm On Sep 07, 2011
The issue of Ex shld be with a mutual agreement. Its very important because this can cause a serious wahala in the family.
No matter what, the peace and unity of your family is far far important than any other thing.
You will hardly find an ex that will accept u back if your marriage collapse.
Family is like building a house or an investment, no one will wish is house to collapse no matter how strong the turbulence is ragging or for his/her investment to go bad.
Re: Should A Married Woman Keep In Touch With Her Ex? by awuf2008: 2:44pm On Sep 07, 2011
If i may ask you a question. did she have a child/children for the ex hubby? if no fine. but if yes. then you may have to either cope with it or leave her for good. the point i am making here is that, most of women like her never made a good house wife. why because so far children is involved, they continue to see and most cases they continue dating, i mean, having occasional or frequent S.X or fun. you cannot have absolute control over her and her total allegiance cannot be for you. that is why it is advisable not to get married to women that already have kids. I have somebody with similar problem, it ha s been a hell for the guy.
Re: Should A Married Woman Keep In Touch With Her Ex? by thuao(m): 3:12pm On Sep 07, 2011
Ore kilaja n bekun se. Y Kip in touch, y not just forget & move on. Once debe alwaz debe. Flee all appearances of evil, don't put urself where u il be tempted. keeping in touch just means that it was never over maybe u just suspend ur affair and now opening it again.
Beware Exes are the most dangerous threat to a relationship.
Re: Should A Married Woman Keep In Touch With Her Ex? by ronkebp(f): 3:26pm On Sep 07, 2011
She might be trying to get back at you for cheating on her, just because she has forgiven you does not mean she has forgotten. She will get over it with time (maybe, maybe not). I really do not see anything wrong in her talking to her ex, as long as they remain friends and nothing more; for the fact that they have had something in the past does not mean they have to be enemies undecided

1 Like

Re: Should A Married Woman Keep In Touch With Her Ex? by splitnaija(m): 4:02pm On Sep 07, 2011
ronkebp:

She might be trying to get back at you for cheating on her, just because she has forgiven you does not mean she has forgotten. She will get over it with time (maybe, maybe not). I really do not see anything wrong in her talking to her ex, as long as they remain friends and nothing more; for the fact that they have had something in the past does not mean they have to be enemies  undecided
Typical response from a potentially promiscuous YORUBA woman, her username easily gave her identity away!!!

2 Likes

Re: Should A Married Woman Keep In Touch With Her Ex? by Kx: 4:07pm On Sep 07, 2011
No
Re: Should A Married Woman Keep In Touch With Her Ex? by ronkebp(f): 4:29pm On Sep 07, 2011
splitnaija:

Typical response from a potentially promiscuous YORUBA woman, her username easily gave her identity away!!!

LOL, grin grin grin, NA YOU SABI, my response does not make me a 'potential promiscous woman" i only said it how i perceive it.
Re: Should A Married Woman Keep In Touch With Her Ex? by armyofone(m): 4:53pm On Sep 07, 2011
Ronkebp, how now?

why go back to someone you dumped? unless you trying to show off how accomplished you've gone since you throway his sorry axs cheesy
Re: Should A Married Woman Keep In Touch With Her Ex? by dayokanu(m): 4:57pm On Sep 07, 2011
armyofone:

Ronkebp, how now?

why go back to someone you dumped? unless you trying to show off how accomplished you've gone since you throway his sorry axs cheesy

Sugar banana
Re: Should A Married Woman Keep In Touch With Her Ex? by armyofone(m): 5:00pm On Sep 07, 2011
menene banana split? tongue
madam don release you now you wan run amok, shocked
Re: Should A Married Woman Keep In Touch With Her Ex? by N101: 5:04pm On Sep 07, 2011
[auote author=chines4]
Well u'r relationship is kind of complicated. One you don't admit cheating on your wife, never ever. Even if your caught pant down. Why did she break up with her ex, maybe she is not u'r best friend, as in you don't communicate well. She may need someone to talk to, or someone that listens to her. My wife ex's still calls her, and I don't get bothered, after all she had the chance of marrying them, but she married me. Beside I trust my wife[quote][/quote]

You are a rarity, not many men are that secure and trusting.  If that ex is like a brother or sister and nothing more, it's hard to convince a spouse who sees the other person as a threat.

While some people may keep the ex around "in case of emergencies", not everyone does.  

@OP I cannot guess at the kind of relationship your wife has with her ex. Maybe your own affair and guilty conscience are reading things into it. Only you and your wife know the real deal.
Re: Should A Married Woman Keep In Touch With Her Ex? by dayokanu(m): 5:06pm On Sep 07, 2011
armyofone:

menene banana split? tongue
madam don release you now you wan run amok, shocked

I like your banana split,

Ina so gindin nki
Re: Should A Married Woman Keep In Touch With Her Ex? by ronkebp(f): 6:21pm On Sep 07, 2011
armyofone:

Ronkebp, how now?

My dear i dey oooo, how are you too? hope say u dey hold your corner tight everly wink
Re: Should A Married Woman Keep In Touch With Her Ex? by soreola(f): 6:39pm On Sep 07, 2011
OP, thats messed up. You need to sit her down and let her know that you have indeed left your mistress. You can tell her that as long as she continues to talk to her ex, u will continue ur screwation with d mistress tongue

its kuku ur own biz sha
Re: Should A Married Woman Keep In Touch With Her Ex? by kizito96(m): 8:46pm On Sep 07, 2011
A man should never ever agree to cheating, even if she drags you out on top of a woman. Never accept, acceptance means she will retaliate. She still has a soft spot for her ex. do not be surprised that she may likely run back to her ex. I thing her ex is giving her the confidence she is exerting. Take a look at the other side of life and go on.
Re: Should A Married Woman Keep In Touch With Her Ex? by harakiri(m): 9:17pm On Sep 07, 2011
Of course it's PERFECTLY OKAY for a married woman to keep in touch with her ex so long as she's cool with the husband keeping in touch with all his ex-girlfriends (and new girlfriends of course). What's good for the goose should be good for the gander.

Rubbish! ! !

1 Like

Re: Should A Married Woman Keep In Touch With Her Ex? by splitnaija(m): 7:43am On Sep 08, 2011
harakiri:

Of course it's PERFECTLY OKAY for a married woman to keep in touch with her ex so long as she's cool with the husband keeping in touch with all his ex-girlfriends (and new girlfriends of course). What's good for the goose should be good for the gander.

Rubbish! ! !

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Should A Married Woman Keep In Touch With Her Ex? by emmydee(m): 10:26am On Sep 08, 2011
it's not enough 2 say "my hands are clean" just show them rather than putting ur hands in d pockect. there's no excuss 4 a woman to keep actively in touch wit her ex either by bb, fb, email,phone call, visitation or otherwise. if everyone keeps such active communication wit our ex, how would d world b? this is the 3rd time i have asked this question.
Re: Should A Married Woman Keep In Touch With Her Ex? by Pennywise(m): 11:09am On Sep 08, 2011
There is always a temptation for a former girlfriend to reach out to an ex especially in moments of financial difficulty- sth she wasnt used to having b4 marriage.

She has to avoid that temptation by all means bc it is only in exceptional situations it doesnt result in extramarital sex. Marriage is not just about having good times. Problem solving by couples help to deepen marital experience and relationship. The other bobo don go. Make u free am. Abeg
Re: Should A Married Woman Keep In Touch With Her Ex? by ronkebp(f): 2:47pm On Sep 08, 2011
I seriously do not think that her talking to her ex' should be an issue, what if she gets a new guy, who is not her 'ex' but her 'is', presently doing her, what will the hubby do then, what is definitely good for the goose is' good for the gander.
Re: Should A Married Woman Keep In Touch With Her Ex? by chines4(m): 3:55pm On Sep 08, 2011
ronkebp:

I seriously do not think that her talking to her ex' should be an issue, what if she gets a new guy, who is not her 'ex' but her 'is', presently doing her, what will the hubby do then, what is definitely good for the goose is' good for the gander.

If that be the case, then the marriage is over.
Re: Should A Married Woman Keep In Touch With Her Ex? by ronkebp(f): 4:02pm On Sep 08, 2011
^^^^^ guy! why did the wife not say it was over when she caught him pants down with another woman?, heaven no fall now. undecided undecided
Re: Should A Married Woman Keep In Touch With Her Ex? by chines4(m): 4:06pm On Sep 08, 2011
ronkebp:

^^^^^ guy! why did the wife not say it was over when she caught him pants down with another woman?, heaven no fall now. undecided undecided

The aspect am talking about is do me I do you. In a marriage if it comes to do me, I do you, cheat, I cheat. then that marriage is over. I don't care who started it first.
Re: Should A Married Woman Keep In Touch With Her Ex? by ronkebp(f): 4:26pm On Sep 08, 2011
chines4:

The aspect am talking about is do me I do you. In a marriage if it comes to do me, I do you, cheat, I cheat. then that marriage is over. I don't care who started it first.

That is why the person starting the 'do me' first, should put the ' i do you too' person ! in to freaking consideration!!! and stop living life like it evolves only around them.
Re: Should A Married Woman Keep In Touch With Her Ex? by chines4(m): 5:01pm On Sep 08, 2011
ronkebp:

That is why the person starting the 'do me' first, should put the ' i do you too' person ! in to freaking consideration!!! and stop living life like it evolves only around them.

Hmmm women, why can't women just accept their natural place of being under men, without complaining. Man is the head of the family as ordained by God. Although this doesn't mean that he can behave anyhow. but we just can't help it some times. Beside a man can cheat, without any emotional attachment, it's just s3x, and it doesn't mean that he loves his wife less. Beside Africans are just polygamous in nature, its our great, great grand fathers gene in us. grin grin grin grin(Its a Joke)
Re: Should A Married Woman Keep In Touch With Her Ex? by DerMeister: 7:49pm On Sep 08, 2011
Dude, if your wife be callin her Ex always or for any reason, then her Ex got more game than you! Simple!!
Re: Should A Married Woman Keep In Touch With Her Ex? by bigimo: 9:42pm On Sep 08, 2011
Some people think through their mouths!

And I dey laugh them grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Should A Married Woman Keep In Touch With Her Ex? by bigimo: 9:47pm On Sep 08, 2011

Rubbish! ! !

Rubbish

I dey laugh oh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Should A Married Woman Keep In Touch With Her Ex? by bigimo: 9:54pm On Sep 08, 2011
[auote author=chines4]
Well u'r relationship is kind of complicated. One you don't admit cheating on your wife, never ever. Even if your caught pant down. Why did she break up with her ex, maybe she is not u'r best friend, as in you don't communicate well. She may need someone to talk to, or someone that listens to her. My wife ex's still calls her, and I don't get bothered, after all she had the chance of marrying them, but she married me. Beside I trust my wife

, and you don't get bothered Go on, don't even make any wise comment.

grin grin grin ;DI dey laugh!!!!!!!!!
Re: Should A Married Woman Keep In Touch With Her Ex? by chines4(m): 1:05pm On Sep 09, 2011
Bros,

Are u married?
Re: Should A Married Woman Keep In Touch With Her Ex? by maclatunji: 2:37pm On Sep 09, 2011
Should you light a match near petrol?
Re: Should A Married Woman Keep In Touch With Her Ex? by cooker: 5:04pm On Sep 09, 2011
you cheated on your wife first you want her to just forgive you immediately and forget   put yourself in her shoes, will you accept your wife to cheat on you ? she was only talking to her ex on phone and you are complaining what about if she sleep with her ex what will happen  ? but in your case you can cheat because you are the man.  if you think the marriage is over because you cheated and your wife cheated back on you then you might end up marrying more than 2 wives because you do not know what your new wife character might be, there are men that are faithful to their wives but their wives still sleep around what about that  ? if you want to cheat so much do not get caught or stick to open marriage where by you and your wife can cheat anyhow. you have to apologise to your wife do things that would make her happy she might forgive you but take time to forget, and unless you want to stay single all your life do not divorce you wife because the devil you know is better than the angel you do not know, and grass is not always greener at the other side and also if you have kids put them also into consideration not because of only today but the future. and why do people keep saying man is the head of the family he has right to do what he wants that include cheating and the wife should just accept cheating because her husband is the head of the house i have not seen that in the bible.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My 17yrs Old Son Is Getting Out Of Hand / Recession: Abuja Couples Sell Wedding Rings To Feed.. / Mother Of 4 Remarries, Walks Down The Aisle By Son (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.