Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,511 members, 7,861,455 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:37 PM

Peter Obi's Chatham House Address: "Witty, Charming, Intelligent" - John Cookson - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi's Chatham House Address: "Witty, Charming, Intelligent" - John Cookson (18872 Views)

Peter Obi Chatham House Outing Better Than Tinubu Outing. John Cookson / Photo: Office Workers Gather To Watch Peter OBI Chatham House Presentation / Photos Of Alake & El-Rufai Answering Questions For Tinubu At The Chatham House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi's Chatham House Address: "Witty, Charming, Intelligent" - John Cookson by Victorclean1: 7:03am On Jan 21, 2023
R
Re: Peter Obi's Chatham House Address: "Witty, Charming, Intelligent" - John Cookson by israelmao(m): 7:10am On Jan 21, 2023
BOLATINUBU01:
why did you type all this nonsense, are you sure you are ok? If TINUBU don win, u fit go remove am

He typed this?Did you read at all or let alone care about the source?
Re: Peter Obi's Chatham House Address: "Witty, Charming, Intelligent" - John Cookson by stuffs2002: 7:15am On Jan 21, 2023
ZombieSlayer1:

I'm sure you're still being fed by your parents because only a child will speak this crap.

Someone is contesting for the highest position in this country and he's unable to answer questions by himself, instead asking his cronies to answer them and you call it delegation?
Who do una this thing? This issue has now passed tribalism and is bordering on stark wickedness!

IPOB/OBIDIENTS have no shame

Re: Peter Obi's Chatham House Address: "Witty, Charming, Intelligent" - John Cookson by Goalnaldo(m): 7:15am On Jan 21, 2023
The day I knew that Peter Obi is leagues ahead of any politician in Nigeria is during last presidential election when they were interviewing the potential VP's. Dude wasn't reading from any manual unlike the rest that was doing so and yet stuttered.

But how long does this Chatham House interview last? Cause I've been seeing this since last week.
Re: Peter Obi's Chatham House Address: "Witty, Charming, Intelligent" - John Cookson by 123papas(m): 7:19am On Jan 21, 2023
BOLATINUBU01:
which oil grin claiming niger delta oil
Imo state has 95% of the total gas reserve in Nigeria.
Nigeria is no. 6 in the world. Apart from the hydros, all our other power plants are gas fired. Think am
Re: Peter Obi's Chatham House Address: "Witty, Charming, Intelligent" - John Cookson by stuffs2002: 7:20am On Jan 21, 2023
Goalnaldo:
The day I knew that Peter Obi is leagues ahead of any politician in Nigeria is during last presidential election when they were interviewing the potential VP's. Dude wasn't reading from any manual unlike the rest that was doing so and yet stuttered.

But how long does this Chatham House interview last? Cause I've been seeing this since last week.

IPOB/OBIDIENTS have no shame. They LIE more than the devil

Peter Obi is too DULL. He was reading like a primary school boy.

Re: Peter Obi's Chatham House Address: "Witty, Charming, Intelligent" - John Cookson by madjune(m): 7:27am On Jan 21, 2023
PrinceOfLagos:

It's too early , stop this nonsense

Must you hate?

Is it Peter Obi fault that your Tinubu isn't sellable ?

Don't waste your energy on the bigot.

Everyone knows what Nigeria needs for its leadership is that man with character and integrity.
But, you see that thing called Tribalism?
It's like a blinding witchcraft of the eyes that blinds a certain section of this polity; they'd rather die in suffering than acknowledge the light from a differing section.

It's a plain manifestation of ignorance and evil.
Re: Peter Obi's Chatham House Address: "Witty, Charming, Intelligent" - John Cookson by BOLATINUBU01: 7:36am On Jan 21, 2023
123papas:

Imo state has 95% of the total gas reserve in Nigeria.
Nigeria is no. 6 in the world. Apart from the hydros, all our other power plants are gas fired. Think am
dis one need healing

Re: Peter Obi's Chatham House Address: "Witty, Charming, Intelligent" - John Cookson by everythinggirly(f): 7:45am On Jan 21, 2023
If you love obi✓ Hit the like button 👍
If you love bulabaa🤐share 👀
Re: Peter Obi's Chatham House Address: "Witty, Charming, Intelligent" - John Cookson by yankison(m): 7:51am On Jan 21, 2023
BOLATINUBU01:
ASIWAJU BOLA AHMED TINUBU is our next president

Not in my father's land Na ur useless fathers house coz he failed to train u well . idiot
Re: Peter Obi's Chatham House Address: "Witty, Charming, Intelligent" - John Cookson by PJ123: 7:51am On Jan 21, 2023
[quote author=BOLATINUBU01 post=120238704] ASIWAJU BOLA AHMED TINUBU is our next president[/quote

Sorry for you. With all the hardship inflicted by this government and the level of corruption going on, and the best you can suggest is Tinubu at his age wih everything around him. I wouldn't have problem with you if it were Tinubu of 1999 because he had capacity though he has no character. But as of today, he has no capacity again due to old age and illness, and yet you are still campaigning for him.

If Tinubu meant well for Nigeria, nothing stopped from bringing out a more vibrant younger person and shared all his visions with the fellow.
Re: Peter Obi's Chatham House Address: "Witty, Charming, Intelligent" - John Cookson by Kewtt: 7:54am On Jan 21, 2023
Racoon:
The positive interpretation is that President Buhari would ensure next year’s presidential election is free and fair, a point he has, indeed, made. But the negative interpretation is that he doesn’t care about the integrity, character and honesty of who succeeds him. That negative inter-pretation is my concern here, and it’s premised on Buhari’s support for the election of Bola Tinubu as Nigeria’s next president.

It concerns me because I’m fully convinced that a Tinubu presidency would not only destabilise Nigeria internally, it would damage Nigeria globally, making it a big laughing stock, a butt of dark international jokes!

Truth is, next year’s presidential election will have huge long-term implications, its outcome will affect Nigeria for decades. Therefore, no patriotic Nigerian should sit on the fence; that patriotism is what underpins this intervention. To be sure, the presidential election should be as much about character as manifesto.

The presidency is too serious an office to be invested in someone with serious integrity deficit. Those ignoring character and integrity should remember the Turkish proverb: “When a clown moves into a palace, he doesn’t become a king. The palace becomes a circus.”

But here are questions for President Buhari: Is he aware of the damaging allegations swirling around Tinubu? Given what he knows, does he think Tinubu is a fit and proper person to be Nigeria’s president? Is he happy that Tinubu’s life, pedigree and backstory are veiled in secrecy or, as someone puts it, a “miasma of dubiety”?

In the US, every major presidential candidate is an open book. But not Tinubu. He arrogantly refuses to answer uncomfortable questions about his past. Instead, he uses surrogates: Festus Keyamo, Femi Fani-Kayode, Bayo Onanuga.

Who see him as their route to advancement and are blatantly lying to Nigerians, treating them as morons. Recently, they came full throttle with deliberate untruths about the drug allegations against Tinubu.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2022/11/tinubu-as-president-buhari-must-really-hate-nigeria/amp/

Lol stop smoking.... In fact let's deliver you

Re: Peter Obi's Chatham House Address: "Witty, Charming, Intelligent" - John Cookson by clinician2x: 7:54am On Jan 21, 2023
BOLATINUBU01:
why did you type all this nonsense, are you sure you are ok? If TINUBU don win, u fit go remove am

I was wondering why Racoon was sending a brainless fool like you all those messages. Even though the messages are educating, they are useless to a condemned bastard like you.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's Chatham House Address: "Witty, Charming, Intelligent" - John Cookson by Kewtt: 7:55am On Jan 21, 2023
clinician2x:

I was wondering why Racoon was sending a brainless fool like you all those messages. Even though the messages are educating, they are useless to a condemned bastard like you.
Only a reprobate type like this
Re: Peter Obi's Chatham House Address: "Witty, Charming, Intelligent" - John Cookson by shegra58: 7:58am On Jan 21, 2023
PrinceOfLagos:
The international communities are seriously backing Peter Obi to win this presidential election

Peter Obi is the next President of Nigeria Insha Allah
international communities no get PVC.
Do you have PVC?
Re: Peter Obi's Chatham House Address: "Witty, Charming, Intelligent" - John Cookson by clinician2x: 7:59am On Jan 21, 2023
Kewtt:

Only a reprobate type like this

You be mumu

Re: Peter Obi's Chatham House Address: "Witty, Charming, Intelligent" - John Cookson by Spaceclenzy1(m): 8:00am On Jan 21, 2023
kennyz247:
see small yanch wey dey really shake ooo

Obi might be a good man,no daut,but been Nigeria president is out of his reach...
know ds and save urself from further catastrophe

Mumu people talk
Re: Peter Obi's Chatham House Address: "Witty, Charming, Intelligent" - John Cookson by ValeeLove(m): 8:10am On Jan 21, 2023
Pwettylinda:

Na your papa president 🤣🤣🤣
na your real pic be that?
Re: Peter Obi's Chatham House Address: "Witty, Charming, Intelligent" - John Cookson by Jagaban666: 8:15am On Jan 21, 2023
BOLATINUBU01:
which oil grin claiming niger delta oil

Werey, I know you're dumb and don't read like your dull Drugnibu, go and check the oil producing states and gas reserves in the East. Oponu Omo ale
Re: Peter Obi's Chatham House Address: "Witty, Charming, Intelligent" - John Cookson by Born2Breed(f): 8:17am On Jan 21, 2023
BOLATINUBU01:

Grow up little. At least have a 6yrs old brain, rather than this 6months old brain.
Re: Peter Obi's Chatham House Address: "Witty, Charming, Intelligent" - John Cookson by Kewtt: 8:19am On Jan 21, 2023
clinician2x:

You be mumu
You need deliverance

Re: Peter Obi's Chatham House Address: "Witty, Charming, Intelligent" - John Cookson by Cfc4life(m): 8:19am On Jan 21, 2023
If you have not Subscribed to my YouTube channel you are missing alot 👉
https://www.youtube.com/@compassdaddycomedy9148
Re: Peter Obi's Chatham House Address: "Witty, Charming, Intelligent" - John Cookson by Mrtaye: 8:30am On Jan 21, 2023
BOLATINUBU01:
It's all about convincing and impressing the electorates....is that the case here? No
Re: Peter Obi's Chatham House Address: "Witty, Charming, Intelligent" - John Cookson by Brunicekid(m): 9:01am On Jan 21, 2023
Racoon:
The positive interpretation is that President Buhari would ensure next year’s presidential election is free and fair, a point he has, indeed, made. But the negative interpretation is that he doesn’t care about the integrity, character and honesty of who succeeds him. That negative inter-pretation is my concern here, and it’s premised on Buhari’s support for the election of Bola Tinubu as Nigeria’s next president.

It concerns me because I’m fully convinced that a Tinubu presidency would not only destabilise Nigeria internally, it would damage Nigeria globally, making it a big laughing stock, a butt of dark international jokes!

Truth is, next year’s presidential election will have huge long-term implications, its outcome will affect Nigeria for decades. Therefore, no patriotic Nigerian should sit on the fence; that patriotism is what underpins this intervention. To be sure, the presidential election should be as much about character as manifesto.

The presidency is too serious an office to be invested in someone with serious integrity deficit. Those ignoring character and integrity should remember the Turkish proverb: “When a clown moves into a palace, he doesn’t become a king. The palace becomes a circus.”

But here are questions for President Buhari: Is he aware of the damaging allegations swirling around Tinubu? Given what he knows, does he think Tinubu is a fit and proper person to be Nigeria’s president? Is he happy that Tinubu’s life, pedigree and backstory are veiled in secrecy or, as someone puts it, a “miasma of dubiety”?

In the US, every major presidential candidate is an open book. But not Tinubu. He arrogantly refuses to answer uncomfortable questions about his past. Instead, he uses surrogates: Festus Keyamo, Femi Fani-Kayode, Bayo Onanuga.

Who see him as their route to advancement and are blatantly lying to Nigerians, treating them as morons. Recently, they came full throttle with deliberate untruths about the drug allegations against Tinubu.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2022/11/tinubu-as-president-buhari-must-really-hate-nigeria/amp/
*This year's presidential election.
Re: Peter Obi's Chatham House Address: "Witty, Charming, Intelligent" - John Cookson by razzydoo(m): 9:02am On Jan 21, 2023
Eni awi fun. Oyinbo journalist say Obi dey witty and charming. LMAO!!
kennyz247:
see small yanch wey dey really shake ooo

Obi might be a good man,no daut,but been Nigeria president is out of his reach...
know ds and save urself from further catastrophe
Re: Peter Obi's Chatham House Address: "Witty, Charming, Intelligent" - John Cookson by srclark: 9:26am On Jan 21, 2023
4tomandchi:
If Obi fails to win the presidency it will only mean one thing that the majority of Nigerian voters are uneducated which will spell doom on future generations to come.
not like i supporting any of the running mates ,but from another angle lets look at this as up right thinkers .Peter Obi keeps saying go and verify and he said he left or returned money when he was a serving governor .You were given money to work yet you returned some of the money as if you by have done all that needs to be done in Anambra ,he returned money he knows obviously will be embezzled by other corrupt politicians when he had all it could take as a governor to use it for his state .For me i would even prefer someone that exhausts what he was given and even borrow as long as it is used for just cause .On the other hand BAT was not given federal allocation for some years as the governor of Lagos state the biggest economy in Nigeria ,yet he was able to run the state with IGR ,please i am not supporting any of the candidates but this as been bothering me for sometime now please great thinkers what do you have to say about this thanks
Re: Peter Obi's Chatham House Address: "Witty, Charming, Intelligent" - John Cookson by mechanics(m): 9:44am On Jan 21, 2023
Racoon:
How can any sane person be comparing a heroine drug addict and balabloo-blu-bulava demented fella that mischieviously asked people to do interviews for a job he applied for to man that took his responsibility fully for himself?
hahahahah
Re: Peter Obi's Chatham House Address: "Witty, Charming, Intelligent" - John Cookson by faheem0frank: 9:48am On Jan 21, 2023
If Obi fails to win the presidency it will only mean one thing that the majority of Nigerian voters are uneducated which will spell doom on future generations to come.If Obi fails to win the presidency it will only mean one thing that the majority of Nigerian voters are uneducated which will spell doom on future generations to come....

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's Chatham House Address: "Witty, Charming, Intelligent" - John Cookson by IfnobeGod20: 10:20am On Jan 21, 2023
MrOkenwa:
They all spoke well at chatham house.
May the best candidate wins
Who are the all that spoke well?
How will you say someone that delegate questions to his supporters to answer spoke well? Please don't make me confuse because my brain still functioning.
Tinubu failed in that exam.
Re: Peter Obi's Chatham House Address: "Witty, Charming, Intelligent" - John Cookson by KENNYROSSY07(m): 10:21am On Jan 21, 2023
BOLATINUBU01:
Tell us all what you achieved under APC GOVERNANCES for the past 8 years. “Werè omo”
Re: Peter Obi's Chatham House Address: "Witty, Charming, Intelligent" - John Cookson by PJ123: 10:26am On Jan 21, 2023
srclark:
not like i supporting any of the running mates ,but from another angle lets look at this as up right thinkers .Peter Obi keeps saying go and verify and he said he left or returned money when he was a serving governor .You were given money to work yet you returned some of the money as if you by have done all that needs to be done in Anambra ,he returned money he knows obviously will be embezzled by other corrupt politicians when he had all it could take as a governor to use it for his state .For me i would even prefer someone that exhausts what he was given and even borrow as long as it is used for just cause .On the other hand BAT was not given federal allocation for some years as the governor of Lagos state the biggest economy in Nigeria ,yet he was able to run the state with IGR ,please i am not supporting any of the candidates but this as been bothering me for sometime now please great thinkers what do you have to say about this thanks

I got your point and share your perspectives.
Tinubu had competence but he lacks character in respect of corruption. If it were Tinubu of 1999, I would have supported the guy because the strength and vitality were still there.
Given the level of corruption in our society, we need someone who could set right our institutions. Tinubu at the current state has no competence again due to old age and illiness, and the corruption will triple under his watch of elected, and I'm sure you know the development outcome.

Obi is needed this time to set right our institutions, imagine what happened in UK where a Prime minister was fined for not using the seat belt. That's what we need. Our sense of wrongs and rights has been destroyed by the endemic corruption in the nation.
Imagine a CBN boss celebrating his birthday in North America and spraying dollars at the party. Imagine a CBN boss given non collateral loans of 2billions naira to some governors and law makers.
That shameful level of corruption cuts across every of our institution. And the fight must begin from there. Hence , OBI.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Hardship: “Tinubu Has Done Well, Nigeria Is So Complex” – Buhari Declares / El-Rufai Introduces Residency Card In Kaduna / Igbo Peace Movement & Arewa Groups Reach An Agreement To Build Peace In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.