Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,054 members, 7,835,559 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:45 AM

Chatham House And Nigeria’s Growing Cultural Cringe By Farooq Kperogi - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chatham House And Nigeria’s Growing Cultural Cringe By Farooq Kperogi (10100 Views)

Reflections On Princeton Lyman’s View On Nigeria’s Growing Irrelevance / Tinubu’s Dangerous Dance With The Cabal By Farooq Kperogi PhD / 4 Blood Relatives Of President Buhari Who Work In Aso Rock By Farooq Kperogi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chatham House And Nigeria’s Growing Cultural Cringe By Farooq Kperogi by Ofodirinwa: 5:30pm On Jan 21, 2023
Kiwibbyfrill:
As former colonial masters, that is why they are still seeing us troop there
What amazes me is you can't even hear how ridiculous you sound.
Re: Chatham House And Nigeria’s Growing Cultural Cringe By Farooq Kperogi by Didi2d(m): 5:45pm On Jan 21, 2023
Kobonaire4:

In democracies, broadcasters favor one side over the other...

Nigeria's own is mild. Go to the USA....it is overt.

Oh really 😃
Re: Chatham House And Nigeria’s Growing Cultural Cringe By Farooq Kperogi by delpee(f): 8:02pm On Jan 21, 2023
Years ago, the Nigeria Institute of International Affairs (NIIA) was active and made a huge impact on the political space. That agency, NIPSS and Centre for Democratic Studies would have been better places to host the Presidential aspirants so they can talk to us, the PVC holders.

1 Like

Re: Chatham House And Nigeria’s Growing Cultural Cringe By Farooq Kperogi by kelvinnaira: 8:29am On Jan 22, 2023
PDJT:
-Good observation and article. But I will add to it by saying you, the OP, is part of the problem by referring to Caucasian people as "White".

-The concept of "White" and "Black" People were created by the deeply-racists Caucasians in century past as part of the psychological tool to keep us down.

-Show me any society where "Black" is conceptually used for something inherently good and desirable, then I will show you the seaport I built in Daura, Katsina State.

You're wise
Re: Chatham House And Nigeria’s Growing Cultural Cringe By Farooq Kperogi by 9japride(m): 8:53am On Jan 22, 2023
I didn't bother myself to read the article. I want to confirm who the author supported in the previous two elections? Simple thing to just to provide the basic amenities for people, our political leaders can't do. In addition, to the sycophants who give them bad advises. It seems in this our society, we are not matured yet to manage ourselves. In this present age the political class and the funny supporters still play tribal and religious politics and pretending to be one Nigeria advocate and yet despise other region from presiding over the affairs of the country. Majority of these learned people and political activist are the major problem of the country. How have they used their wealth of knowledge to impact positively to the growth of the country? They keep speaking big grammar, but when it's time for elections they elect misfits because of primitive bigotry, tribalism and religious belief.
Re: Chatham House And Nigeria’s Growing Cultural Cringe By Farooq Kperogi by PDJT: 5:43pm On Jan 23, 2023
Trapnews:

Easier said than reality. Be a constructive critic, provide alternative.

-Perhaps, with me pointing out the belly of the devil, you can do the needful, except if you have already accepted your foreign-given label. In that case, you can't be helped.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

No Chadian Air Strikes Conducted In Nigeria- Defense Headquarters / Why Nigeria can’t have state police now – Ex-CP, Tsav / Presidential Election Dispute: Tribunal To Hear Atiku, Pdp’s Fresh Motion, July

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.