Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,285 members, 7,836,264 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

Is Inter-religion Marriage A Sin? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Inter-religion Marriage A Sin? (8137 Views)

Is Kissing Before Marriage A Sin? / How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? / Pastor Arinze Okoli Mmaduabuchi: "Gay Is Not A Sin” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Inter-religion Marriage A Sin? by RedChiefPriest: 11:25am On Jan 22, 2023
blingxx:

In other for you to realize your reasons are stupid .. lemme ask you one question , what if you were born a pagan or your parents where idol worshippers ?
The only reason you are a Christian is because you were born into a Christian family you didn't even choose the religion (you didn't have a choice) Your parents and pastors taught you to hate other religion and vice versa .. remember that you were born human first God no tag anybody with religion come from heaven .. Meanwhile all this religious crap na still whitemen carry am give us , something they hardly practice these days

You're the stupid one
I can't date or marry one finish, kill yourself because of my own choice fool.
Where's hatred in everything I typed,una go just dey talk as if brain is wasted on you.
Re: Is Inter-religion Marriage A Sin? by haybhi1(m): 11:29am On Jan 22, 2023
VEXT:
Any Christian lady that get married to a Muslim man is not a Christian...
Tinubu wife is not a Christian no matter the position she occupies in the church ...she is deceiving herself...
Shame to those pastors in her church ...
If you are a Christian lady dating a Muslim man you will end up in hell...

Lol. Hell custodian.
Re: Is Inter-religion Marriage A Sin? by haybhi1(m): 11:29am On Jan 22, 2023
VEXT:
Tinubu wife is not a Christian no matter the position she occupies in the church ...she is deceiving herself...

Lol. Hell custodian don give quote.
Re: Is Inter-religion Marriage A Sin? by riverbird: 11:31am On Jan 22, 2023
sapele914:
My Guy It is Nation Nigeria first, before tribe & religion, that is the reason the white man is prospering, not the majority local native thinking apes we have in Naija.

It really saddens my heart bro sad
Re: Is Inter-religion Marriage A Sin? by SPRINCE001: 11:51am On Jan 22, 2023
Its never a sin, But a win win for Christianity if you can marry from other religion and convert them into yours.

My current babe is a Muslim,and guess what she's already a strong Christian. She prays more than I do as we speak.

Atimes I ask myself if God intentionally use me to convert the babe into Christian
Re: Is Inter-religion Marriage A Sin? by idrisaleo1: 11:56am On Jan 22, 2023
[quote author=Karmatyra post=120280231][/quote]

LOL. Just as it's difficult for you to accept that Muhammad is a messenger of Yahweh, so is it for the Jews to take Jesus as the Messiah. I can quite understand that.

Muhammad is a believer, Abraham also is.
Muhammad preached the oneness of God, so did Jesus.
Muhammad was given a book, so was Moses.
Muhammad is a warrior, so is David.
Muhammad practised polygamy, so did Solomon.
Muhammad is an administrator, so is Joseph.
Muhammad is a father, Jacob is as well.
Muhammad faced persecution, so did Noah.

May the peace and blessings of Yahweh be with Muhammad and all other prophets. Aamin.
Re: Is Inter-religion Marriage A Sin? by Karmatyra(f): 12:08pm On Jan 22, 2023
idrisaleo1:

LOL. Just as it's difficult for you to accept that Muhammad is a messenger of Yahweh, so is it for the Jews to take Jesus as the Messiah. I can quite understand that.

Muhammad is a believer, Abraham also is.
Muhammad preached the oneness of God, so did Jesus.
Muhammad was given a book, so was Moses.
Muhammad is a warrior, so is David.
Muhammad practised polygamy, so did Solomon.
Muhammad is an administrator, so is Joseph.
Muhammad is a father, Jacob is as well.
Muhammad faced persecution, so did Noah.

May the peace and blessings of Yahweh be with Muhammad and all other prophets. Aamin.

We are not talking about what, who and who preached or believed. We are talking about Allah and Yahweh not being thesame. Other religions believe in the Almighty, love, goodness, in fact they also have their books too they have representatives also just like we both have ours. Does that make them of Yahweh? No! They practice polygamy too,does that make them of Allah?
I am distinctively telling you, the person that sent Muhammad is not thesame person that sent Yeshua. For anything of same source has similar characteristics and qualities. And Yeshua and Muhammad couldn't have been miles apart. Therefore whoever inspired Muhammad is not thesame entity that inspired Yeshua. Muhammad is of Allah and Yeshua is of Yahweh. Yahweh cannot be Allah and Allah cannot be Yahweh.

1 Like

Re: Is Inter-religion Marriage A Sin? by Sterope(f): 12:11pm On Jan 22, 2023
Don't worry. Tinubu isn't a Muslim either
Cutehector:
Its a sin to ask this question, it is even more sin to post it on frontpage. Infact everybody that has commented on this thread have sinned.

You that have read this comment, you have sinned, yes you.

Even if you dont comment,you have also sinned because you are not useful to nairaland.
Re: Is Inter-religion Marriage A Sin? by cavreek: 12:37pm On Jan 22, 2023
It is not a matter of wether or not it is a sin but rather is it wise or foolish
Imagine praying and ur partner interprets it as disturbance
The disadvantages out ways the advantages
Re: Is Inter-religion Marriage A Sin? by Cutehector(m): 12:43pm On Jan 22, 2023
Sterope:
Don't worry. Tinubu isn't a Muslim either
and you aint a christian darling. kiss
Re: Is Inter-religion Marriage A Sin? by idrisaleo1: 12:43pm On Jan 22, 2023
Karmatyra:

We are not talking about what, who and who preached or believed. We are talking about Allah and Yahweh not being thesame. Other religions believe in the Almighty, love, goodness, in fact they also have their books too they have representatives also just like we both have ours. Does that make them of Yahweh? No! They practice polygamy too,does that make them of Allah?
I am distinctively telling you, the person that sent Muhammad is not thesame person that sent Yeshua. For anything of same source has similar characteristics and qualities. And Yeshua and Muhammad couldn't have been miles apart. Therefore whoever inspired Muhammad is not thesame entity that inspired Yeshua. Muhammad is of Allah and Yeshua is of Yahweh. Yahweh cannot be Allah and Allah cannot be Yahweh.

If you believe in one true God, the God of Jesus, you are of Allah.
Re: Is Inter-religion Marriage A Sin? by pasuma(m): 1:00pm On Jan 22, 2023
You are definitely one of those fraud in churches all over Nigeria,

1 Cor 7:14...
For the unbelieving husband has been sanctified through his wife, and the unbelieving wife has been sanctified through her believing husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy.

15 But if the unbeliever leaves, let it be so. The brother or the sister is not bound in such circumstances; God has called us to live in peace. 16 How do you know, wife, whether you will save your husband? Or, how do you know, husband, whether you will save your wife?

Where is your judgement from hell preacher

VEXT:

Re: Is Inter-religion Marriage A Sin? by VEXT: 1:01pm On Jan 22, 2023
pasuma:

You are definitely one of those fraud in churches all over Nigeria,

1 Cor 7:14...
For the unbelieving husband has been sanctified through his wife, and the unbelieving wife has been sanctified through her believing husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy.

15 But if the unbeliever leaves, let it be so. The brother or the sister is not bound in such circumstances; God has called us to live in peace. 16 How do you know, wife, whether you will save your husband? Or, how do you know, husband, whether you will save your wife?

Where is your judgement from hell preacher

You are not a Christian..You will not understand
Re: Is Inter-religion Marriage A Sin? by iammolise(m): 1:01pm On Jan 22, 2023
VEXT:

And we are all human beings created by the same God. Religion has caused us more harm than natural disasters.
Re: Is Inter-religion Marriage A Sin? by whippersnapper(m): 1:13pm On Jan 22, 2023
VEXT:

well done the gate keeper of heaven.

1 Like

Re: Is Inter-religion Marriage A Sin? by olabodejinad: 1:21pm On Jan 22, 2023
VEXT:

We don't worship the same God...

Let's stop deceiving ourselves

Religion has blinded this one
Re: Is Inter-religion Marriage A Sin? by pasuma(m): 1:32pm On Jan 22, 2023
Na lie, na those APC Bishops, he's one of them..

If he's a Catholic or Anglican I'm sure he would have been taught the bible well from birth not those claiming holy spirit said ..

olabodejinad:

Religion has blinded this one
Re: Is Inter-religion Marriage A Sin? by Karmatyra(f): 1:37pm On Jan 22, 2023
idrisaleo1:

If you believe in one true God, the God of Jesus, you are of Allah.

No sir. I am of Yahweh.
On the other hand. If I believe in the God Allah and that Muhammad is his messager, only that will make me of Allah but not of Yahweh.

The difference is glaring.
Re: Is Inter-religion Marriage A Sin? by creedencity(m): 1:45pm On Jan 22, 2023
Righteousness2:
For your sound health and Soundness, Obey the Word of GOD. Drop whatever you think you know and obey GOD'S word. It will help your life.

Do not be unequally yoked with an Unbeliver.

So one should blindly follow whatever it you preach about God and no questions be asked
Re: Is Inter-religion Marriage A Sin? by creedencity(m): 1:49pm On Jan 22, 2023
Mercury12:

No. It is not a sin for either a Christian or a Muslim.
There is only but one God and that same God is worship by Christians and Muslims
Be as it may, the muslims and xtians idea of God are different.
Re: Is Inter-religion Marriage A Sin? by samcolee(m): 2:34pm On Jan 22, 2023
Herkim:
For you to have peaceful and loving home kindly marry from your religion

It's true, facing difficulty ATM
Re: Is Inter-religion Marriage A Sin? by blingxx(m): 2:40pm On Jan 22, 2023
RedChiefPriest:

You're the stupid one
I can't date or marry one finish, kill yourself because of my own choice fool.
Where's hatred in everything I typed,una go just dey talk as if brain is wasted on you.

Coming from a black with low iq that doesn't know the difference between fact and insult .. tag where I insulted you grin .. baba dey dodge simple question you are saying I'm insulting you cheesy... Chai black man
Re: Is Inter-religion Marriage A Sin? by Lobotomy02: 2:53pm On Jan 22, 2023
RedChiefPriest:
Of course it is.
Can't date someone not practising the same religion with me.
I will now be arguing with you how holy spirit works,why we must not kill or fight for our God,why we speak in tongues and so much more😮‍💨😮‍💨.
Nope! Can't do that

Sengbo weyrey?
Re: Is Inter-religion Marriage A Sin? by Lobotomy02: 2:54pm On Jan 22, 2023
VEXT:

Olofo ni e!

You know nothing, social reprobate.
Re: Is Inter-religion Marriage A Sin? by Damminix: 3:01pm On Jan 22, 2023
Y'all quote the scriptures without understanding the context. "Can two work together except they agree?" The verse didn't say "except they are similar" agreement has nothing to do with religion differences. Agreements happens regardless of differences. That's why two people from different homes coming from different perspectives and ideologies can come to terms in agreement on something. I don't need to share your faith before I agree with you on basic life decisions.

phemmyfour:
Can two walk together except they agree?

Choose this day whom you will serve ... but as for me and my family, we will serve the Lord” (Joshua 24:15)

It's a sin
Re: Is Inter-religion Marriage A Sin? by phemmyfour: 3:03pm On Jan 22, 2023
Damminix:
Y'all quote the scriptures without understanding the context. "Can two work together except they agree?" The verse didn't say "except they are similar" agreement has nothing to do with religion differences. Agreements happens regardless of differences. That's why two people from different homes coming from different perspectives and ideologies can come to terms in agreement on something. I don't need to share your faith before I agree with you on basic life decisions.

I quoted two scriptures, you only pick one that suits your narrative ... continue
Re: Is Inter-religion Marriage A Sin? by Damminix: 3:11pm On Jan 22, 2023
No.
The second one is a personal declaration. It has nothing to do with a third party. It's like saying, as long as I live me and my family will be a member of this political party.

Doesn't make it a standard for everyone to follow.
The reality is, the Bible does not state anything against marrying outside the faith. In a perfect world, interfaith relationships shouldn't be a concern But most Nigerians were raised with an "US vs them religion ideologies and also about not being unequally yoked(which itself is an untrue interpretation of that verse).

However, it can work if the two concerned were educated differently.

phemmyfour:
I quoted two scriptures, you only pick one that suits your narrative ... continue
Re: Is Inter-religion Marriage A Sin? by NLKing01: 3:29pm On Jan 22, 2023
NPFLADMIN:
Is Inter-religion marriage sinful as a born again christian?

Please drop your opinion.
Go and try it, when you learn your lessons, come back and share with us
Re: Is Inter-religion Marriage A Sin? by phemmyfour: 3:33pm On Jan 22, 2023
Damminix:
No.
The second one is a personal declaration. It has nothing to do with a third party. It's like saying, as long as I live me and my family will be a member of this political party.

Doesn't make it a standard for everyone to follow.
The reality is, the Bible does not state anything against marrying outside the faith. In a perfect world, interfaith relationships shouldn't be a concern But most Nigerians were raised with an "US vs them religion ideologies and also about not being unequally yoked(which itself is an untrue interpretation of that verse).

However, it can work if the two concerned were educated differently.

Don't be spiritual illiterate . Read previous/next verses, especially verse 16

Then the people answered, “Far be it from us to forsake the Lord to serve other gods
Re: Is Inter-religion Marriage A Sin? by vistaz: 3:41pm On Jan 22, 2023
You are sounding very irrational. It is still a personal declaration. Nowhere in that verse or preceding suggests otherwise. If I have kids that decides to choose some other religion. Fine as long has they have their peace and balance. Spirituality is personal, no matter how much you are trying to spin it.

phemmyfour:
Don't be spiritual illiterate . Read previous/next verses, especially verse 16

Then the people answered, “Far be it from us to forsake the Lord to serve other gods
Re: Is Inter-religion Marriage A Sin? by AntiChristian: 4:02pm On Jan 22, 2023
tollyboy5:

The worshippers and followers of ordinary book written by some premitive folks are one of the dumbest in the world.

Take it or leave.

Ok I leave it
Re: Is Inter-religion Marriage A Sin? by AmazonTopaz(f): 4:19pm On Jan 22, 2023
VEXT:

What about the men?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Should Religion Be Important In A Relationship? / Just 3 Words / What Is The Church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.