Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,371 members, 7,822,748 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

Nigeria Deports 115 Illegal Aliens - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Deports 115 Illegal Aliens (6828 Views)

Kano Deports 60,000 Beggars To Four States, Other Countries / BOTCHED DIPLOMACY AS Saudi-Arabia Deports 510 More Nigerian Women Pilgrims!! / Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Deports 115 Illegal Aliens by aloyemeka2: 10:58pm On Sep 06, 2011
[size=14pt]Nigeria deports 115 illegal aliens[/size]
By Agency Reporter
Tuesday, 6 Sep 2011

No fewer than 115 illegal immigrants have been deported from Kano amid increased security after an attack on UN building, Abuja, an official said Monday.

Authorities, however, declined to comment on whether the deportations were linked to the August 26 bomb attack or other violence blamed on Boko Haram.

“We have so far repatriated 115 illegal aliens from five West African countries that have been staying without valid papers despite repeated calls for them to document their stay with the immigration service,” Umar Nasir, spokesman for the Nigeria Immigration Service in Kano, told AFP.

The expelled immigrants were from Niger, Chad, Togo, Cameroon and Benin, Nasir said.

“The repatriation exercise, which will be a continuous process, followed the expiration of the three-month window period granted all illegal aliens from the sub-region to legalise their stay by registering with the immigration service,” Nasir said.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201109062322648
Re: Nigeria Deports 115 Illegal Aliens by amblors(m): 1:25am On Sep 07, 2011
y u call them Aliens na? lmao
Re: Nigeria Deports 115 Illegal Aliens by Finecat(m): 1:35am On Sep 07, 2011
Very Funny, Nigeria deporting someone.
Re: Nigeria Deports 115 Illegal Aliens by mendax: 1:38am On Sep 07, 2011
dont nigerian journalists know the difference between aliens and foreign Nationals? or were they deported back to another planet?
Re: Nigeria Deports 115 Illegal Aliens by ektbear: 1:55am On Sep 07, 2011
mendax:

dont nigerian journalists know the difference between aliens and foreign Nationals? or were they deported back to another planet?
Alien is correct.

Doesn't only mean aliens from outer space
Re: Nigeria Deports 115 Illegal Aliens by amblors(m): 2:03am On Sep 07, 2011
Oxford Dictionary
3. a.B.3.a esp. One who is a subject of another country than that in which he resides. A resident foreign in origin and not naturalized, whose allegiance is thus due to a foreign state.

Illegal Alien correct sha, am enlightened, tot e was just space things.

so essentially all foreigners in another country are Aliens, except you're a citizen
Re: Nigeria Deports 115 Illegal Aliens by Nobody: 2:05am On Sep 07, 2011
mendax:

Alien also means Foreign! They are very correct!
Re: Nigeria Deports 115 Illegal Aliens by oge4real(f): 2:12am On Sep 07, 2011
wonders will never cease. So Nigeria too have started deporting people? Abeg let them go and look for the real bombers jare.
Re: Nigeria Deports 115 Illegal Aliens by Nobody: 3:34am On Sep 07, 2011
How were they able to identify those people that they were not Nigerians?I know the national identity is not effectively in use in the country.
Re: Nigeria Deports 115 Illegal Aliens by Princek12(m): 3:40am On Sep 07, 2011
mendax:

I didn't know that there were so many illiterates on Nairaland. I laugh when a know-it-all someone makes a fool of himself by attempting to correct what he thinks is the mistake of another. It is also funny that that person is trying to make himself look smart but is actually dumb as hell, especially when that person understand the message that was being conveyed but insists on correcting it just to make himself look smart.
Re: Nigeria Deports 115 Illegal Aliens by Russialane(m): 4:01am On Sep 07, 2011
funny nigeria deporting aliens? tongue lol bunch of jokers,
Re: Nigeria Deports 115 Illegal Aliens by seedord247(m): 4:12am On Sep 07, 2011
make dem come deport me abi usa citizen ooooo
Re: Nigeria Deports 115 Illegal Aliens by Nobody: 4:15am On Sep 07, 2011
@Russialane

What do you expect? At least that proves there are also illegal immigrant in Nigeria! grin grin grin smiley smiley smiley
Re: Nigeria Deports 115 Illegal Aliens by ezego3(m): 4:20am On Sep 07, 2011
Really I thought there was a West African treaty, my freaking passport says ECOWAS. Does this make sense to deport west african nationals when their passport will effectively say ECOWAS.

Is this stupidity on part of the person who signed Nigeria to the ECOWAS treaty or the Nigerians deporting people.
Re: Nigeria Deports 115 Illegal Aliens by nasoeb: 4:43am On Sep 07, 2011
Forget all this Side-Talks
@ekt_bear, you don Bleep up. you don open your nyash to show sey you no , (you complete it)

@Princek 12, there is no need bashing "Somebody" Abeg Bash direct. Call am by em Username EKT_BEAR, you don Bleep up.

they let people dey Bleep make dem know so dem go dey shut upi small or control wetin dem dey talk
Re: Nigeria Deports 115 Illegal Aliens by nsodo: 6:11am On Sep 07, 2011
That is good but let me hope more will be done because there still more immigrants in Nigeria who are the sole cause of Unemployment in the country since the work which would have been done by Nigerians is done by those aliens. But i am sure there more Nigerian Aliens in other Countries and once are brought home will Nigerians feel happy? Let try legal means in whatever we do.
Re: Nigeria Deports 115 Illegal Aliens by itiswell1(m): 6:17am On Sep 07, 2011
all4naija:

@Russialane

What do you expect? At least that proves there are also illegal immigrant in Nigeria! grin grin grin smiley smiley smiley

grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Deports 115 Illegal Aliens by nevachange(f): 6:30am On Sep 07, 2011
its about time Nigeria started deporting these foreigners cos they do nothing but trouble

china and japan ( generators and battery powered touches )=== no light plus sooo much noise pollution and heat
Ghana (bleaching cream and nuisance) ==== cancer and trouble
USA (banging of girls everywhere in the name of marriage)=== hiv /aids and unwanted pregnancy
Niger , Chad, Cotonou (joblessness )===== bombing and bokoharamism

just to name a few, Sureboi is solidly behind the deportation of these animals, Nigeria is supposed to be the giant of Africa, Ghana wey no sabi anything don dey drag championship, what are we doing providing home and training ground for roaches, SHOWDEMMMMMMMMMMMM goodluck
Re: Nigeria Deports 115 Illegal Aliens by ektbear: 7:16am On Sep 07, 2011
nasoeb:

Forget all this Side-Talks
@ekt_bear, you don bleep up. you don open your nyash to show sey you no , (you complete it)

@Princek 12, there is no need bashing "Somebody" Abeg Bash direct. Call am by em Username EKT_BEAR, you don bleep up.

they let people dey bleep make dem know so dem go dey shut upi small or control wetin dem dey talk

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/alien

Re: Nigeria Deports 115 Illegal Aliens by Eagle75: 8:15am On Sep 07, 2011
ekt_bear:

Alien is correct.

Doesn't only mean aliens from outer space

Alien, foreign nationals, immigrants, infiltrators, all related.
Re: Nigeria Deports 115 Illegal Aliens by PROUDIGBO(m): 8:20am On Sep 07, 2011
amblors:

y u call them Aliens na? lmao

^^^Bruh Amblors, I think it's safe to say you've been watching too many sic-fi movies. undecided
Re: Nigeria Deports 115 Illegal Aliens by obowunmi(m): 8:41am On Sep 07, 2011
Did they deport the Chinese too?! Or only the Black Africans ---- bloody morons. The Nigerian Government is useless.
Re: Nigeria Deports 115 Illegal Aliens by Demdem(m): 8:59am On Sep 07, 2011
Infact, why are aliens still in this country?
Re: Nigeria Deports 115 Illegal Aliens by Johnpaul2k2(m): 9:31am On Sep 07, 2011
Nigeria are Deporting grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Deports 115 Illegal Aliens by badmrkt(m): 10:29am On Sep 07, 2011
which planet dem from come?Never seen an alien before,mek i see dem,
Re: Nigeria Deports 115 Illegal Aliens by thameamead(f): 10:32am On Sep 07, 2011
Re: Nigeria Deports 115 Illegal Aliens by WebSurfer(m): 10:45am On Sep 07, 2011
grin grin grin nonsnse
Re: Nigeria Deports 115 Illegal Aliens by thameamead(f): 10:53am On Sep 07, 2011
The Nigerian Government should be helping Nigerians stranded in Libya and also the innocent ones locked up in Libya accused of bn mercenaries, they are also lots of Nigerian's imprisoned in Bankok (Thailand) Yemen and Afghanistan, saw a Nigerian woman on BBC News bn intervied from a prison in Afghanistan, she was appealing to the Nigerian Governnment to help her because she had bn accused of drugs smuggling to Afghanistan, Afghanistan of al places in th world to want to travel to. there are lots of Nigerians in Mauritania which african migranst use as a transit to Europe (saw a documentary called "witness" about them on Al Jazeera).
Re: Nigeria Deports 115 Illegal Aliens by Igosun: 3:07pm On Sep 07, 2011
omg! very funny nija D-E-P-O-R-T-I-N-G. grin
Re: Nigeria Deports 115 Illegal Aliens by homerac7: 4:27pm On Sep 07, 2011
@ ezego 1

ECOWAS protocol gav a timeframe for wc u can stay in any member nation dats not urs wtout a visa. Think its 3 months ( I'm not sure ). After which u r mandated to get a documented residence permit, otherwise they can throw u out. I'm sure u saw d part of d report where d officials said that d deportees did not get their proper documents.
Re: Nigeria Deports 115 Illegal Aliens by homerac7: 4:28pm On Sep 07, 2011
@ ezego 1

ECOWAS protocol gav a timeframe for wc u can stay in any member nation dats not urs wtout a visa. Think its 3 months ( I'm not sure ). After which u r mandated to get a documented residence permit, otherwise they can throw u out. I'm sure u saw d part of d report where d officials said that d deportees did not get their proper documents after [b]3 months[b]
Re: Nigeria Deports 115 Illegal Aliens by coolestboy(m): 5:34pm On Sep 07, 2011
Nawaooo, so Nigeria don dey depot, immigration pls come deport me 2 UK.
Useless peep

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tinubu's Problem With Buhari Continues / President Buhari Arrives Bauchi For APC Presidential Campaign Flag-off / "wake Up, Tackle Insecurity" – Bode George Charges Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.