Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,207 members, 7,815,211 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:04 AM

Makarfi: PDP Will Win At First Ballot, APC Has Nothing To Show - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Makarfi: PDP Will Win At First Ballot, APC Has Nothing To Show (11730 Views)

Bayo Onanuga: Forget The Polls, No Rerun, Tinubu Will Win At First Ballot / Run-Off: Atiku Will Win At First Ballot, PDP Tells INEC / What I Will Do If I Become President – Makarfi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Makarfi: PDP Will Win At First Ballot, APC Has Nothing To Show by isahrabson: 8:13pm On Jan 31, 2023

A former Chairman, of the National Caretaker Committee of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP), Senator Ahmed Makarfi has said that the PDP will win the 2023 election at first ballot because the All Progressives Congress (APC ) has nothing to show to the voters that would make them enthusiastic to vote for the party.

Speaking in an interview with journalists, the former Governor of Kaduna State said although the APC was using money and religious sentiment ahead of the election,it would take them nowhere because Nigerians were looking for an alternative which is the PDP.

Accprding to him, “politics is local, I have been at home leading the campaign here. If you notice hardly do you see me at national rallies. Because my personal opinion is that the work is at home. And the work at home is enormous. And one needs to be at home to do the needful, not to be deceived.”

“It is not about following candidates on the campaign. I have just told you that I have not been going on rallies with our candidate, but I am 100 per cent with our candidate. And I am at home working 100 per cent to make sure that Kaduna returns to PDP. If you have a responsibility to remain at home you remain at home. If you don’t have a responsibility to remain at home you can be anywhere. That is the way. I don’t want to talk about someone not being at the rally.”

“The issue is the voters, APC has nothing to show to the voters that will make voters enthusiastic to vote for them. But they want to make use of money, sentiments, and religious sentiment, And from experience, this sentiment will take them nowhere. I believe people want a state that is fair and equitable. And PDP is structured in a way and manner that is fair and equitable for development in Nigeria. So for me, it does not show up at the rally, but about the people who are looking for an alternative, and that alternative is PDP which the people are happy to associate with.”

“Each election always comes with its difficulties and peculiarities. In 2019, we didn’t have Labour Party. To me, it is a challenge to PDP in a certain part of the State. But again, the sentiment used in 2019 in some parts of the State is not the same sentiment used today. There are efforts to use the same sentiment by the ruling party. But, the rejection by the people is very obvious. So, there is dynamism in politics. Things are really changing.”

“For us in the PDP where we have concerns, we have been engaging with people and we are progressing pretty well. I am very confident that we will win the 2023 elections in the State, and Nigeria. Well, I can say that we don’t have resources, but the ones we spend is our personal resources.”

“The party in power use public resources. But, people are now wise. Up till 2015, the PDP was in power , with over 20 States under its control no matter the resources then, the opposition party took over the government. People made up their minds. And I believe, this time around the people have made up their minds because they are not satisfied with the APC government. So, no matter the amount of money they would spend, people are going to take their money and vote against them.”

“You can also see that our party today in Kaduna has absolute acceptability by the people everywhere. The issue now is, let the election be free and fair. Some people think that with the BVAS the election cannot be manipulated. It can. And, I believe those in authority know it can. So, let us safeguard the electoral materials and equipment to make sure that unpatriotic elements in our country don’t subvert democracy.”

“Let’s assume that G-5 governors is the problem at the moment which is open to the public. They don’t know the problem of APC because it is not known to the public. If we have a number of governors who feel dissatisfied, how many governors do we have on the other side that are dissatisfied and people don’t know? So politics is not about what you see, you should be more worried about what you don’t see. I am more comfortable and confident that PDP will win this election on the first ballot, God willing. I am confident we can do that.”

“PDP has been running a team campaign, and of course, until APC through its desperation went too personal. There may have been issues to do with the APC candidate in the media, and social media. But not propelled by PDP. But by other players in the society. Of all the recent happenings, you have to look at who started it. But then no matter who started it, campaigns should be issue based.

We should come back for the sake of the country and continue to campaign on issues that matter to the people. Not limited to only PDP and APC, but all the parties.”

“If you look at the parties and their structures, and issues, the PDP remains the issue-based Nigerian party because it is not based on any ethnic or religious drive. PDP is a rainbow of people and ideas. It is equity-based. Whether you like it or not, the whole principle of APC Muslim Muslim ticket was to divide Nigerians along that line, in their calculation, to religious sentiment since there are no tangible achievements they can point out.”

“So let them play out religious sentiment so that they can retain power. In reaction to that, it may not have started that way, it should have even started on the basis of some laudable objectives, but then what is happening, again religious sentiment crop up it. And that is the truth. So you see two political parties whose foundation is bearing for it; religion and ethnicity. And to divide Nigeria along that line will be the most dangerous decision Nigerians will ever make. The PDP is not in that category of a political party right from inception and till now.”

“So PDP is the only party that you can say is for everybody irrespective of your religious, ethnic and socioeconomic status, whatever. And it is a direction we should all go. And we should try as much as possible to avoid a run-off election because it could be far more of a deficit,” he said.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Makarfi: PDP Will Win At First Ballot, APC Has Nothing To Show by amnesty7: 8:30pm On Jan 31, 2023
With no sentiment, I will still repeat:
To win the presidency, your candidate must:
*score the overall HIGHEST votes from across the country, and
*Get at least 25% of total votes in at least 24 states and Abj.
You may do an honest analysis.
Note:
*South West and North West have the combined highest number of registered voters in their 13 states!
*Both Shettima and Atiku are from the North East.
*With the exception of Benue, all North Central states have sitting APC governors.
*You may decide to deceive yourself if you engage in euphoria, rhetorics or insults and ignore the clear writing on the political wall.
Thank you.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Makarfi: PDP Will Win At First Ballot, APC Has Nothing To Show by Asgard13: 8:30pm On Jan 31, 2023
My man Matthew “

Loved by kaduna Christians and trusted by Northern kaduna

Na for this man side .. northern christian start to hate Wike and whatever he represents.. you don’t insult a Muslim Man.. Christian’s named Matthew to show so much love ..

Power to the people
North 2023

8 Likes

Re: Makarfi: PDP Will Win At First Ballot, APC Has Nothing To Show by IMASTEX: 8:49pm On Jan 31, 2023
Nor be una fault, na some Nigerians wey like handout pass their true worth make PDP & APC get mouth to even talk about election with the chances they both blew up. We suppose naturally try other candidates from different parties to keep the so called big politicians in APC & PDP with structure in check of reality. But no, we would rather keep going in circles and yet expect a magic to happen.

5 Likes

Re: Makarfi: PDP Will Win At First Ballot, APC Has Nothing To Show by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jan 31, 2023
Truly. APC is a disaster. Just look at the country today. Then look at their presidential candidate.

22 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Makarfi: PDP Will Win At First Ballot, APC Has Nothing To Show by hisexcellency34: 8:49pm On Jan 31, 2023
Makarfi customer of Ali Modu Sheriff grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Makarfi: PDP Will Win At First Ballot, APC Has Nothing To Show by ogascomax: 8:49pm On Jan 31, 2023
With how things are going PDP seemed unstoppable.
If you are thinking North will share vote you will wait forever.
South keep shouting that North vote will be shared forgetting that South vote will still be shared as PDP is always at the grass root and they are so many villages and creeks, the riverine areas whose voters are easily influenced. PDP will gain millions of vote in the South and sweep Northern votes.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Makarfi: PDP Will Win At First Ballot, APC Has Nothing To Show by atobs4real(m): 8:50pm On Jan 31, 2023
Selling your bad market
Re: Makarfi: PDP Will Win At First Ballot, APC Has Nothing To Show by NwaNimo1(m): 8:50pm On Jan 31, 2023
Re: Makarfi: PDP Will Win At First Ballot, APC Has Nothing To Show by Honourable1901(m): 8:50pm On Jan 31, 2023
Ment or malaria grin grin grin

Why didn't mention Andrew liver salts

2 Likes

Re: Makarfi: PDP Will Win At First Ballot, APC Has Nothing To Show by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jan 31, 2023
atobs4real:
Selling your bad market

APC's market is clearly the worst by far.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Makarfi: PDP Will Win At First Ballot, APC Has Nothing To Show by okeyumez(m): 8:51pm On Jan 31, 2023
Q
Re: Makarfi: PDP Will Win At First Ballot, APC Has Nothing To Show by money121(m): 8:51pm On Jan 31, 2023
Ok
Re: Makarfi: PDP Will Win At First Ballot, APC Has Nothing To Show by Godjone(m): 8:51pm On Jan 31, 2023
grin

Idiotic makarfi thinks we still do party politics. Nigerians from all walks of life whether North, East, West or South are ready and determined to vote wisely. God's will Obi will emerged

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Makarfi: PDP Will Win At First Ballot, APC Has Nothing To Show by Opportuneke(m): 8:51pm On Jan 31, 2023
No be by mouth, let’s wait and see.🥺

Nigerians are tired, no more marketing of criminals.🤔

We have been completely pushed to the wall. Now is the right time to make evil politicians in Nigeria to see shege.

2 Likes

Re: Makarfi: PDP Will Win At First Ballot, APC Has Nothing To Show by Drsnives(m): 8:52pm On Jan 31, 2023
Labour party will win cos both pdp n apc has nothing to offer

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Makarfi: PDP Will Win At First Ballot, APC Has Nothing To Show by iiifedimma(f): 8:52pm On Jan 31, 2023
Please let's support his excellency Mr Peter obi for the president of federal Republic of Nigeria, we are tired of those thief's now,

Without a tribalism and nepotism any sane Nigerian know it's only someone like Peter obi that can now rescue Nigeria from total collapsing, but seriously some ethnic bigot people will just still prefer to hav their own man at the affairs of the country either he is capable or not than to go for what could have been the best solution to all nigerian's current problems, #ObiDatti2023 is certain

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Makarfi: PDP Will Win At First Ballot, APC Has Nothing To Show by Eriokanmi: 8:53pm On Jan 31, 2023
No be only first ballot
Re: Makarfi: PDP Will Win At First Ballot, APC Has Nothing To Show by Higgies(m): 8:53pm On Jan 31, 2023
Is this happening to me alone ?
Nairaland has been giving me this error response for some days now.
Mr Seun for your attention
Lalasticlala Mynd44

6 Likes

Re: Makarfi: PDP Will Win At First Ballot, APC Has Nothing To Show by MiaBeer(m): 8:53pm On Jan 31, 2023
Ok

1 Like

Re: Makarfi: PDP Will Win At First Ballot, APC Has Nothing To Show by dynicks(m): 8:53pm On Jan 31, 2023
grin
Re: Makarfi: PDP Will Win At First Ballot, APC Has Nothing To Show by shuttox: 8:55pm On Jan 31, 2023
amnesty7:
Source?
You are now demanding source of the news because it didn't favor u

1 Like

Re: Makarfi: PDP Will Win At First Ballot, APC Has Nothing To Show by iscom(m): 8:55pm On Jan 31, 2023
Nice deals
Re: Makarfi: PDP Will Win At First Ballot, APC Has Nothing To Show by Praxis758: 8:55pm On Jan 31, 2023
Makarfi taught Alimodu Sheriff politic 101 which the later will never forget.
Re: Makarfi: PDP Will Win At First Ballot, APC Has Nothing To Show by Lanre4uonly(m): 8:55pm On Jan 31, 2023
February 25th is almost here.
Nigerians will decide.
God spare our lives till then & beyond.
May the best candidate good for well meaning Nigerians win.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Makarfi: PDP Will Win At First Ballot, APC Has Nothing To Show by Amalekki: 8:56pm On Jan 31, 2023
Obi no even enter his conversation.
Re: Makarfi: PDP Will Win At First Ballot, APC Has Nothing To Show by MrPADDY(m): 8:58pm On Jan 31, 2023
We have heard these before. What is the difference between APC and PDP? Even Atiku was one time in APC. Same for other aspirants, moving from one party to another, seeking a platform to actualize their dreams. No party ideology. Just selfish interests.
Re: Makarfi: PDP Will Win At First Ballot, APC Has Nothing To Show by mbahdi(m): 8:58pm On Jan 31, 2023
D gods n man.i mean Nigerians have rejected and said No to the man that made atiku d senate president.tinubu a proud blind man who will fall into a ditch very soon
Re: Makarfi: PDP Will Win At First Ballot, APC Has Nothing To Show by Axis313(m): 9:01pm On Jan 31, 2023
If it is this Makarfi that PDP presented as it's candidate,I would surely vote for him,he has more integrity than Atiku.I really like him.
Re: Makarfi: PDP Will Win At First Ballot, APC Has Nothing To Show by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:01pm On Jan 31, 2023
To close the fist page of this hilarious thread,

All of us @[/b] say :

Hehehehehe
grin cheesy wink grin cheesy wink

[b]For more jokes
: Text PDP to 419.

grin cheesy wink

A party of looters and criminals that couldn't construct their national headquarters for 16 years want to build a country!
Awon werey 100%.

Perennial losers and thieves.
Party of confusion, looting and corrupt souls in disarray..

Truth is not bitter, just that people are bitter to the truth........

PDP in Nigeria again?!
God forbid bad thing
we rather vote for FRESH Party!!

We Rise.

4 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Naira Weakens To N773.4/$ At I&E Window, N905/$ At Parallel Market / Why Do Some People Disrespect Security Guards / Plans Underway For National Rebirth- Lai Mohammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.