Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:36 AM

40000 Mw Electricity In Imo State. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 40000 Mw Electricity In Imo State. (6917 Views)

What's The Present Situation Of Electricity In Your Area? / Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta / Obama Pledges $7bn For Electricity In Nigeria, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

40000 Mw Electricity In Imo State. by blacksta(m): 12:32pm On Sep 08, 2011
Just heard on Channels tV - 

While Assessing the Last 100 days of Rochas as a Governor.  The Information commissioner stated in a press conference that IMO state enjoyed 20,000 MW of electricity and Now that Rochas is governor, Imo state is now getting 40,000  MW of electricity. 

I am confused  - I thought the maximum capacity of  electricity generated in Nigeria hovers around 4000 MW  - Where is Imo State getting its own electricity

Or Is the Information Commissioner clueless.
Re: 40000 Mw Electricity In Imo State. by Gbawe: 12:35pm On Sep 08, 2011
blacksta:

While Assessing the Last 100 days of Rochas as a Governor.  The Information commissioner stated in a press conference that IMO state enjoyed 20,000 MW of electricity and Now that Rochas is governor, Imo state is now getting 40,000  MW of electricity. 

I am confused  - I thought the maximum capacity of  electricity generated in Nigeria hovers around 4000 MW  - Where is Imo State getting its own electricity

It might be 200 MW and 400 MW respectively. Someone probably got their wires crossed.
Re: 40000 Mw Electricity In Imo State. by amaham(m): 4:49pm On Sep 08, 2011
Abeg we need confirmation of dis commissioner's statement 4rm anoda person let's open de doors of insult to dis quarter to slowpoke commisioner.we are so used to de politics of megawatt dat any enlightened nigerian knows wat we generate plus de fantasy megawatt in uncle joe's power roadmap. So a mistake or a slip of tongue is not acceptable
Re: 40000 Mw Electricity In Imo State. by asha80(m): 6:54pm On Sep 08, 2011
the commisioner ought to be sacked for that nonsensical statement.i also heard that statement by that commisioner on channels tv.
Re: 40000 Mw Electricity In Imo State. by seanet02: 7:10pm On Sep 08, 2011
Gbawe:

It might be [size=26pt]200 MW and 400 MW respectively[/size]. Someone probably got their wires crossed.
Layelaye, it can not happen, When the average we generate is 4000MW, how on earth will Imo alone get 400, meaning they are getting about 10% when we have 36 states and the FCT.
Re: 40000 Mw Electricity In Imo State. by EkoIle1: 7:58pm On Sep 08, 2011
The way things are going and with all the nonsensical BS we've been getting from imo, it's perfectly safe to conclude that they are about to build a space shuttle and send the first black man to the moon.
Re: 40000 Mw Electricity In Imo State. by Kobojunkie: 8:05pm On Sep 08, 2011
200-400MW out of, give or take, 3600MW, currently being rationed to about 36 States(and 1 federal capital)? grin grin grin grin 

GIVE ME A BREEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAKKKKKKKKKK!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 40000 Mw Electricity In Imo State. by tunde300us(m): 8:49pm On Sep 08, 2011
I also heard the thing myself and i tut that man bust be a drunken palmwine tapper grin I tut before such press conference u cross check all ur presentations before calling for the press
Re: 40000 Mw Electricity In Imo State. by amaham(m): 9:09pm On Sep 08, 2011
Whether pdp,acn, apga de menace of agberos psychophants findin themselves in political officers can't be overemphasized.dis a clear sign of oral diarrhoea in a patient thinkin wit his anus
Re: 40000 Mw Electricity In Imo State. by blacksta(m): 9:34pm On Sep 08, 2011
tunde300us:

I also heard the thing myself and i tut that man bust be a drunken palmwine tapper grin I tut before such press conference u cross check all your presentations before calling for the press

LoL - Funny enough not a single member of the audience even flinched one bit on hearing this madness - I suspect the average Nigerian has been bamboozled by all this MEGAWATTS talk. Everyday we keep hearing MW This and that - When all we simply want is stable electricity.
Re: 40000 Mw Electricity In Imo State. by KnowAll(m): 10:01pm On Sep 08, 2011
this is a case of propaganda backfire. I beg let Rochas crawl b4 he walks, it seems his propaganda machine are on over-drive and it seems there is a huge blur between reality and propaganda. 
Re: 40000 Mw Electricity In Imo State. by Ournaija: 12:51pm On Sep 09, 2011
The guys tongue over-slipped.  grin

Rochas will dis own him  cool

The man is on his own  undecided
Re: 40000 Mw Electricity In Imo State. by ladel(m): 1:04pm On Sep 09, 2011
nonesensical piece of ridiculous nonesense!!!!

i also heard him say 40,000MW

EXAGGERATED AUDACITY!
Re: 40000 Mw Electricity In Imo State. by DEcyrus: 1:25pm On Sep 09, 2011
I am confused - I thought the maximum capacity of electricity generated in Nigeria hovers around 4000 MW - [b][b][b][b]Where is Imo State getting its own electricity [/b][/b][/b][/b]

FROM PLUTO,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 40000 Mw Electricity In Imo State. by Gbawe: 1:46pm On Sep 09, 2011
Kobojunkie:

200-400MW out of, give or take, 3600MW, currently being rationed to about 36 States(and 1 federal capital)? grin grin grin grin 

GIVE ME A BREEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAKKKKKKKKKK!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin

Indeed. 400MW is wildly outrageous . 200MW , even if more realistic, still seems mathematically unlikely if we consider that Lagos alone takes under a 1000MW from the National grid. Imo is around the 13th most populous State in Nigeria so I expect its usage to certainly be above 100MW but 200MW seems a tad high considering that , aside Lagos, around 11 States will have equal or greater grid supply to Imo.
Re: 40000 Mw Electricity In Imo State. by suncity: 2:06pm On Sep 09, 2011
Really funny, If its a mistake, he should come open and say so , else negative comment will continue to be credited to him, Imo state governor should also take note and make a comment,
Re: 40000 Mw Electricity In Imo State. by apoti(m): 2:07pm On Sep 09, 2011
blacksta:

While Assessing the Last 100 days of Rochas as a Governor.  The Information commissioner stated in a press conference that IMO state enjoyed 20,000 MW of electricity and Now that Rochas is governor, Imo state is now getting[b] 40,000  MW[/b] of electricity. 

I want to believe he said 40,000 kW, which equals 40MW  undecided
Re: 40000 Mw Electricity In Imo State. by babaowo: 2:32pm On Sep 09, 2011
thats igbo man for U, their mouth sweet pass honey! 40,000mega watin? Kilode as we want power the whole continent.
Re: 40000 Mw Electricity In Imo State. by dustydee: 2:36pm On Sep 09, 2011
20-40mw.
Re: 40000 Mw Electricity In Imo State. by blacksta(m): 2:37pm On Sep 09, 2011
apoti:

I want to believe he said 40,000 kW, which equals 40MW  undecided

Lol  - It is was MW and KW  - as confirmed by other posters.   Maybe Channels will show it again.    shocked
Re: 40000 Mw Electricity In Imo State. by Pukkah: 3:06pm On Sep 09, 2011
A Comedy of Errors?
Re: 40000 Mw Electricity In Imo State. by Ben13: 3:25pm On Sep 09, 2011
hehe. . a just promoted commissioner of palmwine tappers. wink
Re: 40000 Mw Electricity In Imo State. by RickyRoss1(m): 3:48pm On Sep 09, 2011
hehehehehehehe where is the link make we read and judge for ourselves. How come no newspaper carried this news or story
I nor dey believe hear say again oooooooooooooooooooo, But if indeed the commissioner actually said this then he needs to be sacked ASAP coz it cant be true.

But on a serious note i believe there maybe some improvement somehow, I was in my village last week for 6 days and the electricity did not go off for a single second for 6 good days? Whats the secret?
Re: 40000 Mw Electricity In Imo State. by Ournaija: 3:53pm On Sep 09, 2011
See as incompetent employee (commissioner) go rubbish him boss (governor) for public.

Rochas want to use the relative stability in power to shine na him that him useless commissioner come pour potopoto with sand inside everything. Walahi the guy no go forgive am.
Re: 40000 Mw Electricity In Imo State. by Greenslim: 3:58pm On Sep 09, 2011
The whole country had 3000mgw, where did they got that number?
Re: 40000 Mw Electricity In Imo State. by ShipIt(m): 4:34pm On Sep 09, 2011
That is not possible, The state of California ( Largest in the US and used to be 7th largest economy in the world) only uses 30,000 mw in winter so I do not see how Imo compares
Re: 40000 Mw Electricity In Imo State. by nezpablo: 4:53pm On Sep 09, 2011
Rochas or wotz is name?has no shame by steppin up 2 divulge a propagandist line to d public;he probably had droppen his cerrebrum into his pocket which made him thought that his palmwine tappin hilarious rap will give him d nod of d whole world!
He is just an educated illiterate,an arbiterary bloke!! Leave am.Rochas or wotz is name?has no shame by steppin up 2 divulge a propagandist line to d public;he probably had droppen his cerrebrum into his pocket which made him thought that his palmwine tappin hilarious rap will give him d nod of d whole world!
He is just an educated illiterate,an arbiterary bloke!! Leave am.
Re: 40000 Mw Electricity In Imo State. by cold(m): 4:56pm On Sep 09, 2011
nezpablo:

Rochas or wotz is name?has no shame by steppin up 2 divulge a propagandist line to d public;he probably had droppen his cerrebrum into his pocket which made him thought that his palmwine tappin hilarious rap will give him d nod of d whole world!
He is just an educated illiterate,an arbiterary bloke!! Leave am.Rochas or wotz is name?has no shame by steppin up 2 divulge a propagandist line to d public;he probably had droppen his cerrebrum into his pocket which made him thought that his palmwine tappin hilarious rap will give him d nod of d whole world!
He is just an educated illiterate,an arbiterary bloke!! Leave am.
Stop making a fo ol of yourself in a bid to impress us with your nonsensical vocabs.@Topic I think he meant 40,000 watts tongue
Re: 40000 Mw Electricity In Imo State. by pinkrex(m): 5:05pm On Sep 09, 2011
@ Cold.

Your illiteracy has no cure. Must you say nonsense as inputs undecided undecided undecided
Re: 40000 Mw Electricity In Imo State. by cold(m): 5:09pm On Sep 09, 2011
^^You're a fine one to talk.I laugh in Mandarin
Re: 40000 Mw Electricity In Imo State. by pinkrex(m): 5:10pm On Sep 09, 2011
cold:

^^You're a fine one to talk.I laugh in Mandarin

I can understand your delinquencies grin grin grin grin grin

I laugh at you in ibo tongue tongue tongue tongue grin grin cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Russia Backs US Nominee Kim For World Bank Presidency / Where Will Dangote Get Crude Oil To Refine In His Lagos Refinery? / Disturbing Photos Of How Crowded Kano Market Is Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.