Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,554 members, 7,812,777 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:07 PM

North Lags Behind In Dev,says Fg - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / North Lags Behind In Dev,says Fg (5094 Views)

Jonathan Caused Naira Depreciation, Says FG / Abba Moro Says FG Will Soon Introduce E-Prison System / Why The North Lags Behind In All Sectors — Dalung (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

North Lags Behind In Dev,says Fg by umechuma: 10:42pm On Sep 08, 2011
Federal Government, Thursday, said the Northern part of the country is lagging behind in all spheres of development.

Mr. Labaran Maku, Minister of Information, in Abuja, said if care was not taken, the North will be left behind while the nation moves forward.

The North, he reiterated, lagged behind the rest of the country on almost every measure of economic development adding that the region is not in tune with development in all areas of human indices including education, infrastructure among others.

“The North is deep in poverty and if any part of the country deserves peace, it is absolutely the Northern part but if we allow peace to elude us, the development we are craving for will never come”

“I cannot imagine any investor that will go and invest in Maidguguri as at now. Without peace, there cannot be development. Without peace, unemployment and poverty cannot be tackled”

He, however tasked the leaders in that part of the country to bring the northerners together as a force and promote peace in order to keep pace with the rest of the country.

“I therefore call on the leaders in the North including traditional rulers, local government chairmen, Counsellors and legislators and whosoever is in that capacity to challenge and march the region forward otherwise, the rest of Nigeria will move forward and leave the North behind”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/09/north-lags-behind-in-devsays-fg/
Re: North Lags Behind In Dev,says Fg by ektbear: 10:57pm On Sep 08, 2011
They have nobody to blame but themselves
Re: North Lags Behind In Dev,says Fg by htajz: 12:13am On Sep 09, 2011
burn north buurrrrrnnnn
Re: North Lags Behind In Dev,says Fg by Nobody: 4:21am On Sep 09, 2011
sounds good.
Re: North Lags Behind In Dev,says Fg by Nobody: 4:30am On Sep 09, 2011
How can the North not be in poverty when their Governors are sponsors of bomb blasts and positioning themselves as Arabic gods that earn the rights to subdue all other citizens as subjects to a monarchical kingdom. I see them becoming a shame to the rest of the country. The Feds cant come and develop the states. My hope is someday, Nigeria will practice true federalism where each state will;

1. Provide their electricity
2. Generate and market their natural resources
3. Provide its own security
And the Feds will be supervisory and earning Taxable returns from the states. Then the Northern elites will know its turn to put their house in order.
Re: North Lags Behind In Dev,says Fg by ak47mann(m): 5:28am On Sep 09, 2011
So why are they complaining? who fault is it undecided
Re: North Lags Behind In Dev,says Fg by Buc(m): 6:10am On Sep 09, 2011
I don't blive d north is behind, propagandar from d north 2 continue d uneven distribution of federal allocation and holding on 2 power. D S East is d area behind. Bad roads, education expensive while other parts of d country ve free primary & secondary education, tuition in s eastern public universities 7 times what is been paid in d north. Throughout my study in d university i never recieved or heard that govt of any level supporting students of d region, but my fellow students from other areas receiving annual financial support from their state govt.t from their state govt.
Re: North Lags Behind In Dev,says Fg by komek(m): 6:22am On Sep 09, 2011
Who is to blame in this their predicament, These are pple who said they dont belive in western education, BOKO HARAM.
They shud blame their brothers who had opportunity of leading bt used it 4 personal gains, Ahmed Bello, Yakubu Gowon,Muritala Muhamed, shehu shagari, Stupid Buhari, Ibb, sanni abacha,abubakar e t c. The north ruled this country for over 30yrs. All they could do wif the money with the money stolen was 2 start sponsoring some Idiots called boko haram instead of development. Who even cares if they are lagging behind,
Re: North Lags Behind In Dev,says Fg by juman(m): 7:03am On Sep 09, 2011
komek:

Who is to blame in this their predicament,  These are pple who said they dont belive in western education, BOKO HARAM.
They shud blame their brothers who had opportunity of leading bt used it 4 personal gains, Ahmed Bello, Yakubu Gowon,Muritala Muhamed, shehu shagari, silly Buhari, Ibb, sanni abacha,abubakar e t c. The north ruled this country for over 30yrs. All they could do wif the money with the money stolen was 2 start sponsoring some Idiots called boko haram instead of development. Who even cares if they are lagging behind,

I agree with you partly bros.

In the life of the nation, the North rule mostly and stole money mercilessly, so where is the money stole?
Re: North Lags Behind In Dev,says Fg by aljharem3: 7:18am On Sep 09, 2011
When u ppl say the north , what do u mean

Do u mean the elites or the innocent man on the street pls answer and tell me if ND leaders did not use oil money meant for development of the region to sponsor Mend.

I will still come back to this topic to shut u ignorant people up

@ topic

Mr labaran Malu is talking from his a55

Who is suffering and does mean HIS own people are suffering
Re: North Lags Behind In Dev,says Fg by PHIPEX(m): 7:53am On Sep 09, 2011
When Soludo made a similar statement years ego he was attacked from all angle in the north, Thank God once of their own has seen the vision of what lies ahead. Maybe when other part of the country must hv moved ahead, they will then be the one to champion the one Nigeria ideology Every one know the fact that Nigeria is regarded as a poor country today is because of the North, u can check global and regional statistics if u doubt.
Re: North Lags Behind In Dev,says Fg by dustydee: 8:27am On Sep 09, 2011
The north really has to wake up to her responsibilities.
Re: North Lags Behind In Dev,says Fg by Kizilala: 10:09am On Sep 09, 2011
Tell me something new
Re: North Lags Behind In Dev,says Fg by larrysng(m): 10:11am On Sep 09, 2011
To be sincere with ourselves, it is the northerners that are dragging us backward in this country. It is only God that will deliver us from their ill lucks that they are mixing with our own.
Re: North Lags Behind In Dev,says Fg by Nobody: 10:12am On Sep 09, 2011
where are all the loud mouths - the BK spoke persons on NL, waiting for comments
Re: North Lags Behind In Dev,says Fg by Emmy3(m): 10:16am On Sep 09, 2011
It is a shame and a disgrace
that
after Northerners
have ruled this Country than any other zone,
they have nothing to show for it. . . .
. . .for this reason of their incapability to lead 9ja,
I don't see any Northerner ruling this country in the next 20 years. . .
CHIKINA. . .
Re: North Lags Behind In Dev,says Fg by PointB: 10:31am On Sep 09, 2011
^^^^

That is the oil power curse. The more you hold on to political power (Presidency), the more underdeveloped and poor you become. The reverse is the also true (in Nigeria by the way). Funny, illogical, but sadly true!
Re: North Lags Behind In Dev,says Fg by hbrednic: 10:32am On Sep 09, 2011
No development in the north  
BUHARI + IBB+YARADUA+ABACHAS +GOWON+ABDUL is equal to many useless years of poverty development.
Re: North Lags Behind In Dev,says Fg by peleson: 10:51am On Sep 09, 2011
i have said it before,will stand for it, will defend it and will work for it, a northern muslim will never be the president of this country again, we need to move forward or better still divide the country
Re: North Lags Behind In Dev,says Fg by Nobody: 10:51am On Sep 09, 2011
In education, YES! other thing? Anybody that believes this post must be really dumb, anyways do your research and not believe the propaganda that is to make the north worst than we actually are. Making the north look bad is the agenda of this government and hopefully will be the best thing as well,

Bombing, kidnapping and militancy all things of the south, now with a SS president its a northern problem, buls:yt

This useless country does not, I repeat does not have a single developed region (except maybe lagos) so let's not kid ourselves.

Maku will sell his mother for the agenda, part of the bunch without self worth only monetary.
l
Re: North Lags Behind In Dev,says Fg by Ournaija: 10:58am On Sep 09, 2011
The North are just not prepared for any form of progress or development you are seeing around. This was made known to the south in 1957 before Nigeria was born. They were forced to move forward with others. This is what  happen when you force a horse to the bank of a river and you continue to weep it to drink from same river. Sell all the oil in Nigeria and give them the money they wouldn`t know what to do with it. That is why government overwhelmed their leaders when they were in power even with all the money they looted. Why are we complaining now. We must continue to carry the excess baggage  (North) till we see the end.  grin grin grin
Re: North Lags Behind In Dev,says Fg by goggs(m): 11:08am On Sep 09, 2011
Buc:

I don't blive d north is behind, propagandar from d north 2 continue d uneven distribution of federal allocation and holding on 2 power. D S East is d area behind. Bad roads, education expensive while other parts of d country ve free primary & secondary education, tuition in s eastern public universities 7 times what is been paid in d north. Throughout my study in d university i never recieved or heard that govt of any level supporting students of d region, but my fellow students from other areas receiving annual financial support from their state govt.t from their state govt.

Just because they pay their students N10,000 per year they are not behind? How of them are in Universities sef. I have been to many Northern states and the poverty I see there is appalling. Their leaders deserve to be tied to the stake and sh*t. They steal and acquire mansions and build them in slums. Its appalling to see the humongous money their elites have. Many of the are being brain washed that the south is stealing from them, and the dudes believe it! Why do you think they believe south should not rule without their say so. The only marginally successful states in the north are not in the core north (plateau, benue, kogi). the others are Jigawa, Kebbi, Zamfara etc and the[b] least is, you guessed it, borno!
[/b]
I know cos I lived their most of my life
Re: North Lags Behind In Dev,says Fg by pinkrex(m): 11:13am On Sep 09, 2011
Dividends of extremism grin grin

They are the most ruled and corrupt set of people in Nigeria, known for public looting and crisis, yet so impoverished by their own wickedness. I cant drop a bit of my pity for them undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: North Lags Behind In Dev,says Fg by Iranoladun(f): 11:32am On Sep 09, 2011
For once I agree completely with the FGN through her Minister of Information.

They have nailed the truth on the head.

There are so many problem pulling back Nigeria path to development but the northern own seems insurmountable.  What with Sharia, Boko Haram (no to western education) no to immunization, early girl-child marriage,  women's right to quality education, no to family planning, no to freedom of association or movement (killing of Southerners be it Muslim or Christian etc.  All these couple with corruption at the national, state and grassroot level made development to continue to elude the northern part of Nigeria.

The FGN need to station the headquarter of National Orientation Agency to Maiduguri.  They need to enlighten the grassroot people on the benefits of things they are averse to culturally and religiously if they are serious about development.
Re: North Lags Behind In Dev,says Fg by emmke(m): 2:49pm On Sep 09, 2011
not developed my foot. except for the crisis, the north is by far the best place to live in nigeria. or why do u think there are far more southerners up north than there are northerners down south, despite all the crisis. haha go to jos, kaduna, kano, sokoto even maiduguri etc u will see tons of southerners there, despite the obvious unrests. funny thing is they are not even planning on living, in fact more are still trooping in , lol. truth is life is much much easier up north than in the south. i have lived in both regions and i prefer the north by faaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrr. cant place my finger on the reason but despite their education south is not a pleasant place to live in. my 2 kobo
Re: North Lags Behind In Dev,says Fg by dblock(m): 3:02pm On Sep 09, 2011
The North is behind in almost all aspects and this is a fact that is irrefutable.

[size=20pt]The North's level of development is appalling even for African standards. Which is to say that Northern Nigeria is behind the rest of Africa. [/size]

This is undeniable. The North has major health, infrastructural, political, social problems that are even worse than the South.

Polio, Cholera, Terrorism, Sectarian Violence, Lack of institutions etc etc are all problems more evident in the troubled North

The North must face up to its problems and that is the only way out of this mess rather than coming up with lies
Re: North Lags Behind In Dev,says Fg by emmke(m): 3:06pm On Sep 09, 2011
pinkrex:

Dividends of extremism grin grin

They are the most ruled and corrupt set of people in Nigeria, known for public looting and crisis, yet so impoverished by their own wickedness. I cant drop a bit of my pity for them undecided undecided undecided undecided
north dont need ur pity grin. if anything they need u to to come take ur brothers home. haha grin grin grin. despite ur so-called development ur brothers are always reluctant to go back home. in fact they prefer to stay in the crisis prone north. why is that? well thats because south sux, kidnapping, armed robbery, ritual killings, i wonder how they do not make the news cry, seems ur precious south is not safe either. i rather stick around up north. though unsafe (just like the south) but at least the cost of living is much lower there.  kiss
Re: North Lags Behind In Dev,says Fg by pinkrex(m): 3:14pm On Sep 09, 2011
emmke:

north dont need your pity grin. if anything they need u to to come take your brothers home. haha grin grin grin. despite your so-called development your brothers are always reluctant to go back home. in fact they prefer to stay in the crisis prone north. why is that? well thats because south sux, kidnapping, armed robbery, ritual killings, i wonder how they do not make the news cry, seems your precious south is not safe either. i rather stick around up north. though unsafe (just like the south) but at least the cost of living is much lower there.  kiss

obvious paradox in all ramification. You haven't made much sense here. The Aboki's have been in power for years, but still everything is so low-life prone in that region. The cost of living there is cheap because they are still addicts of yesteryears, why wont Boko-haram spring up saying to western Education? They don't want to move ahead, how may opportunities can you find there? You earn change and spend change shikina! There is no basis for comparison at all.

Thats doesn't also mean im from the south tongue tongue tongue But truth is Truth!!!
Re: North Lags Behind In Dev,says Fg by ak47mann(m): 3:22pm On Sep 09, 2011
so because of cost of living is cheaper than the southerners, means i should stay their and get butchered by almajiris cos of beans and rice is cheaper in the north than south. May be difference B/W cup of beans and rice in both regions wont pass N50 in differences you see life has no value in Nigeria poverty is a disease menh so sotherners goes to north to get killed because a cup of rice in the north is cheaper than a cup of rice in the south undecided
Re: North Lags Behind In Dev,says Fg by emmke(m): 3:27pm On Sep 09, 2011
[/quote][quote author=pinkrex link=topic=755352.msg9112872#msg9112872 date=1315577659]
obvious paradox in all ramification. You haven't made much sense here. The Aboki's have been in power for years, but still everything is so low-life prone in that region. The cost of living there is cheap because they are still addicts of yesteryears, why wont Boko-haram spring up saying to western Education? They don't want to move ahead, how may opportunities can you find there? You earn change and spend change shikina! There is no basis for comparison at all.

Thats doesn't also mean im from the south tongue tongue tongue But truth is Truth!!!
answer my question dude. why is it that there far more southerners up north than there northerners down south despite ur suggestion that the north is low life prone and that there are few opportunities there? or is it that southerners are attracted to backwardness? if ur region is as pleasant and developed as y'all are making it to sound why are there tons of u up north?
Re: North Lags Behind In Dev,says Fg by emmke(m): 3:38pm On Sep 09, 2011
ak47mann:

so because of cost of living is cheaper than southerners means i should stay their and get butchered by almajiris cos of beans and rice is cheaper in the north than south. May be difference B/W cup of beans and rice in both regions wont pass N50 in differences you see life has no value in Nigeria poverty is a disease menh so sotherners goes to north to get killed because a cup of rice in the north is cheaper than a cup of rice in the south undecided
hmmmmmm. i personal cant understand why they southerners, especially igbos, cant go back home. in fact we still see them trooping into north in their thousands. what exactly is wrong with your region that makes a crisis prone north more attractive than your SE for the record, am not hausa-fulani ooo.
Re: North Lags Behind In Dev,says Fg by pinkrex(m): 3:46pm On Sep 09, 2011
emmke:

hmmmmmm. i personal cant understand why they southerners, especially igbos, cant go back home. in fact we still see them trooping into north in their thousands. what exactly is wrong with your region that makes a crisis prone north more attractive than your SE for the record, am not hausa-fulani ooo.

The northern part you come from is not really my business. You might be a middle-beltan or from the North central region.

And for igbo's trooping up north is not a fact to me. Im just hearing you say it without thinking. undecided undecided undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Snubs Victor Umeh, As Security Orders Him Out Of President-elect’s House. / See A Ghanaians Surgeon's Epic Reaction After He Was Denied A Spanish Visa / Attah Of Igala Rains Thunder Curse On Fulani Cows

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.