Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,711 members, 7,831,224 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:49 PM

I Don’t Know Where Tinubu Will Win In The North - Tanko Yakassai - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Don’t Know Where Tinubu Will Win In The North - Tanko Yakassai (3382 Views)

Alh Tanko Yakassai Visits Asiwaju Bola Tinubu In Abuja (Photos) / Tanko Yakassai: Tinubu Visited Me To Seek Support For His Presidential Ambition / Tanko Yakassai: Why Tinubu Will Perform Better Than Buhari As President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Don’t Know Where Tinubu Will Win In The North - Tanko Yakassai by floret23(f): 12:59pm On Feb 05, 2023
– Explains Why He Will Not Support Atiku

Kano-based elder statesman, Tanko Yakassai, has given his thought on the possibility of the presidential candidate of the All Progressive Congress, Bola Tinubu, defeating the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, Atiku Abubakar, in the 19 northern states in the February 25 presidential election.

Yakassai also explained during an exclusive interview with THE WHISTLER why he would not support Atiku Abubakar to win the presidency this year.

The nonagenarian who is a vocal supporter of Tinubu and the power shift to the south said it’s impossible for him to know the states where Tinubu could win in the north because of the northerners who would also be on the ballot.

The frontline northern presidential candidates in the election are Atiku Abubakar and Rabiu Kwankwaso of the New Nigeria Peoples Party (NNPP).

Responding to a question on the states Tinubu could win, he said, “I don’t know where he will win; I did not go round the North to be able to answer that, but I have already made my calculations a long time ago, and I said what Tinubu requires is 50% of the Northern votes but we don’t know which one will come to his side.

“So, he has to go round the North to look for votes. As he goes around, he will reach a point of either deciding that ‘Yes, I am now sure of controlling 50% of the votes’ or not. But if he is sure, he can’t tell us otherwise the outsiders will begin to chip in from all around.The 50% is the minimum number for him in the North.

“South-West is sure for him and he can get the required numbers in the South-South and South-East. Don’t forget that what you require is the majority of the votes from one zone, once you have that, you qualify for the 25% in other zones. “

On why he is supporting Tinubu and not any of the northern candidates, Yakassai said he supported power shift to the south, adding that he also promised himself that he would support any presidential candidate who is first to seek his support.

“I knew there would be candidates, so I said the first requirement is that it must be somebody who comes to me, and gives me my right as an elder statesman, someone who respects me. That man has respected me, and my personality, that is the driving force for my support.

“Tinubu came to me, came into my house, and he begged me for my support. I assured him that he would have it, and I promised him my support there and then. Then I announced that Tinubu is now my candidate because he was the person who came to my house and asked for my support. And when I made the decision to support whoever comes to me first, I did not tell anybody. Not my children or my wife, I just kept it in my heart, and he happened to come first,” he explained.

The elder statesman said the election would be between the PDP and the APC candidates, claiming that NNPP and the Labour Party do not have the required national spread.

Asked whether his support for Tinubu could translate to votes on election day, he said, “I am not playing politics now. I will never call anybody in Nigeria to support any candidate, even my wife and children, they all support candidates of their choice. All I am saying is that I support Tinubu and I have said why, that’s all.”

However, he said Governor Nasir El-rufai’s support for Tinubu shows that the northern governors of the APC are behind him. He recalled El-rufai’s recent attack against some unnamed people hiding behind the presidency to sabotage the APC presidential campaign as evidence.

“Tinubu was the first one to say that these changes are plans against him, didn’t you read it? So, he has said it before El-Rufai. Tinubu said something, El-Rufai concurred, for him to get a governor like El-Rufai to say it, then you know he has other governors on his side,” he said.
https://thewhistler.ng/i-dont-know-where-tinubu-will-win-in-the-north-tanko-yakassai/amp/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don’t Know Where Tinubu Will Win In The North - Tanko Yakassai by floret23(f): 1:00pm On Feb 05, 2023
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Tinubu can't get 50% up to 10% of Northern votes when they have Atiku and Kwankwanso
Obi will have more votes than Tinubu in the North.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Don’t Know Where Tinubu Will Win In The North - Tanko Yakassai by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 1:01pm On Feb 05, 2023
Tinubu can't get 50% of Northern votes when they have Atiku and Kwankwanso

17 Likes

Re: I Don’t Know Where Tinubu Will Win In The North - Tanko Yakassai by MyMouth(m): 1:07pm On Feb 05, 2023
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Tinubu can't get 50% of Northern votes when they have Atiku and Kwankwanso
E go shock you grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don’t Know Where Tinubu Will Win In The North - Tanko Yakassai by Nobody: 1:09pm On Feb 05, 2023
Tinubu doesn't understand proverbs.
Even his Iragbiji village has rejected him

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Don’t Know Where Tinubu Will Win In The North - Tanko Yakassai by Ashez: 1:09pm On Feb 05, 2023
These ones are still day dreaming, some people don't even understand what is happening, the scripture is being fulfilled.
The Light of God is about to shine on us again, darkness is already giving way to That Light, the Rebirth is loading, the Captives are being set free, the Mercy of God has been showered on Nigeria and Nigerians.
It's awesome, something new is about to happen.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don’t Know Where Tinubu Will Win In The North - Tanko Yakassai by VaselineCrew: 1:10pm On Feb 05, 2023
MyMouth:

E go shock you grin

You mean the smell of poo and pee?

Yes indeed, it will shock anybody bruv!

Tinubu, the man of the Pee-Poo!

21 Likes

Re: I Don’t Know Where Tinubu Will Win In The North - Tanko Yakassai by slivertongue: 1:11pm On Feb 05, 2023
Magana ta kare

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Know Where Tinubu Will Win In The North - Tanko Yakassai by OnyeAshuaUru: 1:12pm On Feb 05, 2023
Obi will beat Tinubu in the north. As of today, there are states in the north that even Obi's biggest critics will admit he will win. The same can't be said of Tinubu who's not sure of winning votes in any northern state.
Peter Obi is the next President of Nigeria

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Don’t Know Where Tinubu Will Win In The North - Tanko Yakassai by yarimo(m): 1:12pm On Feb 05, 2023
IPOB terrorists and labour party miscreants won't read oo they will just rush in and type rubbish as usual

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Don’t Know Where Tinubu Will Win In The North - Tanko Yakassai by AntonVince: 1:14pm On Feb 05, 2023
Rest, wrinkly Tanko.
If you truly craved justice and equity you'd be supporting a South Easterner for presidency.

Anything short of that is sheer deceit and hypocrisy.

17 Likes

Re: I Don’t Know Where Tinubu Will Win In The North - Tanko Yakassai by ican2020: 1:16pm On Feb 05, 2023
Shot fired

2 Likes

Re: I Don’t Know Where Tinubu Will Win In The North - Tanko Yakassai by ican2020: 1:18pm On Feb 05, 2023
yarimo:
IPOB terrorists and labour party miscreants won't read oo they will just rush in and type rubbish as usual
You lowlife did you read before commenting

5 Likes

Re: I Don’t Know Where Tinubu Will Win In The North - Tanko Yakassai by Ezeama400: 1:19pm On Feb 05, 2023
Atleat this one is sincere, unlike his other allies that are deceiving him with 100 Billion votes giving him fake praises and fake promises for their own egocentric interest ..

7 Likes

Re: I Don’t Know Where Tinubu Will Win In The North - Tanko Yakassai by lhordspy: 1:19pm On Feb 05, 2023
Most people didn't even bother reading the article.

Obi supporters are the dullest human on earth.

2 Likes

Re: I Don’t Know Where Tinubu Will Win In The North - Tanko Yakassai by ChangetheChange: 1:22pm On Feb 05, 2023
The nonagenarian who is a vocal supporter of Tinubu and the power shift to the south said it’s impossible for him to know the states where Tinubu could win in the north because of the northerners who would also be on the ballot.
Tinubu is already out of this election.
Atiku has overun the North and secured Buhari Northern block votes.like Buhari did in previous Presidential elections

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don’t Know Where Tinubu Will Win In The North - Tanko Yakassai by Nobody: 1:23pm On Feb 05, 2023
When I tell them nobody rates Obi outside southeast they’ll be getting mad. Obi is still a boy when it involves politics that concerns the whole Nigeria . The main battle still remain with Atiku and Tinubu. Igbo style of politics is not helping them, they so much believe in the Nzogbu Nzogbu politics and that can never go down well with Nigerians. Igbos should accept that fact that they are minority and will need an alliance with the majority to win a presidential election in Nigeria. If Peter Obi was politically wise, he would have stuck and remain very loyal to Atiku while patiently waiting for the right time but greed and betrayal took over him. All these Obi/ Datti rubbish ends in Edo state, this is the truth and reality on ground. Don’t let social media deceive you guys.

2 Likes

Re: I Don’t Know Where Tinubu Will Win In The North - Tanko Yakassai by tishbite42: 1:24pm On Feb 05, 2023
Atin na Tanko Yankassai dey yarn this one?!
grin grin grin grin
Tinubu has always wanted to be like Abiola. I'm not sure he can achieve that.

2 Likes

Re: I Don’t Know Where Tinubu Will Win In The North - Tanko Yakassai by ChangetheChange: 1:24pm On Feb 05, 2023
Responding to a question on the states Tinubu could win, he said, “I don’t know where he will win; I did not go round the North to be able to answer that, but I have already made my calculations a long time ago, and I said what Tinubu requires is 50% of the Northern votes but we don’t know which one will come to his side.
Tinubu has to win at least 50% of Northern votes in order to be President which is impossible, this is the same thing we have been telling politically naive Tinubu zombies for more than 6 months now.
Tinubu should go and start preparing to contest again in 2031 election, he has completely lost out of this year Presidential election, no vote buying can save him .

4 Likes

Re: I Don’t Know Where Tinubu Will Win In The North - Tanko Yakassai by JoeNL22(m): 1:26pm On Feb 05, 2023
floret23:
– Explains Why He Will Not Support Atiku
https://thewhistler.ng/i-dont-know-where-tinubu-will-win-in-the-north-tanko-yakassai/amp/

“So, he has to go round the North to look for votes. As he goes around, he will reach a point of either deciding that ‘Yes, I am now sure of controlling 50% of the votes’ or not. But if he is sure, he can’t tell us otherwise the outsiders will begin to chip in from all around.The 50% is the minimum number for him in the North.

Well i kept saying it. If Tinubu must win. He needs 51% of the core north. And guess what?.....No southern has won the core north with 51%. So where will Tinubu get his votes?
What will happen is; Atiku will win the NE and Tinubu will win the NW. A divided core north can't win a United SE & SS. Whatever votes Tinubu gets in the SE & SS, OBI will cancel it with the votes he gets from the southwest alone. Obi can get 40% from Lagos. But Tinubu can't get 25% from Anambra. So you see. Obi's chances in this elections are very very bright.
Re: I Don’t Know Where Tinubu Will Win In The North - Tanko Yakassai by Ashez: 1:26pm On Feb 05, 2023
God of Obedients,
We stand on Your Help and Mercies
Have Your way Lord and lead us into The Light of Your Countenance, deliver us from evil Oh! Lord and set us free.
Amen

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Know Where Tinubu Will Win In The North - Tanko Yakassai by Hopium: 1:28pm On Feb 05, 2023
I don’t know where he will win; I did not go round the North to be able to answer that, but I have already made my calculations a long time ago, and I said what Tinubu requires is 50% of the Northern votes but we don’t know which one will come to his side.

On why he is supporting Tinubu and not any of the northern candidates, Yakassai said he supported power shift to the south, adding that he also promised himself that he would support any presidential candidate who is first to seek his support.

I knew there would be candidates, so I said the first requirement is that it must be somebody who comes to me, and gives me my right as an elder statesman, someone who respects me. That man has respected me, and my personality, that is the driving force for my support.

However, he said Governor Nasir El-rufai’s support for Tinubu shows that the northern governors of the APC are behind him.

Tinubu was the first one to say that these changes are plans against him, didn’t you read it? So, he has said it before El-Rufai. Tinubu said something, El-Rufai concurred, for him to get a governor like El-Rufai to say it, then you know he has other governors on his side,” he said.

grin

2 Likes

Re: I Don’t Know Where Tinubu Will Win In The North - Tanko Yakassai by Ofunaofu: 1:34pm On Feb 05, 2023
yarimo:

Yarimo,
Re: I Don’t Know Where Tinubu Will Win In The North - Tanko Yakassai by Hopium: 1:34pm On Feb 05, 2023
The elder statesman said the election would be between the PDP and the APC candidates, claiming that NNPP and the Labour Party do not have the required national spread.

grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don’t Know Where Tinubu Will Win In The North - Tanko Yakassai by 7lives: 1:37pm On Feb 05, 2023
OnyeAshuaUru:
Obi will beat Tinubu in the north. As of today, there are states in the north that even Obi's biggest critics will admit he will win. The same can't be said of Tinubu who's not sure of winning votes in any northern state.
Peter Obi is the next President of Nigeria

Really?.
Re: I Don’t Know Where Tinubu Will Win In The North - Tanko Yakassai by APCnaPDP: 1:38pm On Feb 05, 2023
Baba leave them let them continue wasting their time . 25th is around the corner and they will find out he can’t get that 50 percent minimum . No one will leave Atiku and vote for Tinubu, that’s the truth.

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Know Where Tinubu Will Win In The North - Tanko Yakassai by slivertongue: 1:41pm On Feb 05, 2023
Tinubu requires is 50% of the Northern votes but we don’t know which one will come to his side.
Re: I Don’t Know Where Tinubu Will Win In The North - Tanko Yakassai by sapele914(m): 1:45pm On Feb 05, 2023
floret23:
Obi will have more votes than Tinubu in the North.
Most obvious your man ain’t doing you right?
Re: I Don’t Know Where Tinubu Will Win In The North - Tanko Yakassai by floret23(f): 1:46pm On Feb 05, 2023
Ashez:
God of Obedients,
We stand on Your Help and Mercies
Have Your way Lord and lead us into The Light of Your Countenance, deliver us from evil Oh! Lord and set us free.
Amen
God has answered your prayer. Tinubu is coming third in the South and fourth in the North. Obi is coming first in the South and second in the North. But there may be rerun between Obi and Atiku.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Don’t Know Where Tinubu Will Win In The North - Tanko Yakassai by sapele914(m): 1:47pm On Feb 05, 2023
APCnaPDP:
Baba leave them let them continue wasting their time . 25th is around the corner and they will find out he can’t get that 50 percent minimum . No one will leave Atiku and vote for Tinubu, that’s the truth.
Only a foolish Northerner will vote for Atiku, a repeat of Yar’Adua Jonathan 2.
Re: I Don’t Know Where Tinubu Will Win In The North - Tanko Yakassai by Truthisunique2: 1:51pm On Feb 05, 2023
The he came to my house that he keeps using as basics

I am sure that didn't happen without tinubu giving him money also

He join the northerners chopping tinubu money while voting atiku, but at least he is kind enough to say so

(1) (2) (Reply)

BUSTED! Obi's Rally Photoshoped Pictures / Im Afraid Tinubu Might Win This Election. / Check Out College Of Nursing Built By Mission In Onitsha, Anambra State (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.