Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,411 members, 7,853,810 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 03:18 AM

A Simple Experiment Why Cashless Policy Will Not Work! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Simple Experiment Why Cashless Policy Will Not Work! (317 Views)

Simple Experiment For My South West Brothers / How CBN's CRR Policy Will Kill The Economy - Akin Oyebode / Review Of Nigeria Fire Safety Policy Will Advance Economic Development"- CG Lima (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Simple Experiment Why Cashless Policy Will Not Work! by LocalStandard1(m): 4:50pm On Feb 06, 2023
First off, people confuse and interchange Naira redesign with cashless policy. They're not!

While I wholeheartedly support the CBNs Naira redesign I'm vehemently against the cashless policy. India tried that cashless experiment and failed, woefully. No Western country forces their citizens to go cashless, non. Such initiative is encouraged so it can be willingly adopted, not forced. Never forced!

This is my experiment, I believe everyone who's currently in Nigeria can participate.

Go out of your houses, out of your gates, to the streets or markets. What do you see?

Let me tell you what you most definitely see. The capital city, Abuja, for example right now is looking so dry one will think there was a compulsory holiday. Economic and social activities are at half swing. Everything is either slowed down or totally at a stop, leaving only the most necessary activities in motion.

That's the result of cashless policy in any and all countries' social and economic life. Especially a developing country like Nigeria. Especially!!

CBN better release enough money after the elections so things can go back to how it was, this thing will not work, it's a gradual and self-willed thing.

Re: A Simple Experiment Why Cashless Policy Will Not Work! by 9jatriot(m): 4:55pm On Feb 06, 2023
It is CBN in an attempt to hide their failure decided in a knee jerk reaction to their failure decided to start calling it cashless policy, the original plan was for it to be a cash swap even if the total money received was not to be equal to the amount given it, it was still meant to be a cash swap.

LocalStandard1:
First off, people confuse and interchange Naira redesign with cashless policy. They're not!

While I vehemently support the CBNs Naira redesign I'm wholeheartedly against the cashless policy. India tried that cashless experiment and failed. No Western country forces their citizens to go cashless, non. Such initiative is encouraged so it can be willingly adopted, not forced. Never forced!

This is my experiment, I believe everyone who's currently in Nigeria can participate.

Go out of your houses, out of your gates, to the streets or markets. What do you see?

Let me tell you what you most definitely see. The capital city, Abuja, for example right now is looking so dry one will think there was a compulsory holiday. Economic and social activities are at half swing. Everything is either slowed down or totally at a stop, leaving only the most necessary activities in motion.

That's the result of cashless policy in any and all countries' social and economic life. Especially a developing country like Nigeria. Especially!!

CBN better release enough money after the elections so things can go back to how it was, this thing will not work, it's a gradual and self-willed thing.
Re: A Simple Experiment Why Cashless Policy Will Not Work! by LocalStandard1(m): 5:03pm On Feb 06, 2023
9jatriot:
It is CBN in an attempt to hide their failure decided in a knee jerk reaction to their failure decided to start calling it cashless policy, the original plan was for it to be a cash swap even if the total money received was not to be equal to the amount given it, it was still meant to be a cash swap.

Yes cash swap is the word, cash swap should be the modus operandi and priority, not cashless nonsense. It won't work here, it won't walk anywhere. Quote me with facts!

The countries with the most currencies in circulation are those top countries economically and developmentally, why's that? Cause they know cashless is nonsense no one wants to try forcing it.

So they use the IMF and World Bank to advise and make developing countries go for the forceful tyrannical, totalitarianism first so they under study the fallouts. Mind game!

They then tell you it modernization, civilization and very woke. Then you cave in!

Nigerians will soon go back to trade by barter before they accept cashless policy fully. Quote this comment two years from now.
Re: A Simple Experiment Why Cashless Policy Will Not Work! by haffaze777(m): 5:06pm On Feb 06, 2023
Agbado urchin on the loose🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: A Simple Experiment Why Cashless Policy Will Not Work! by LocalStandard1(m): 5:10pm On Feb 06, 2023
haffaze777:
Agbado urchin on the loose🤣🤣🤣🤣

This is my opinion on the new currencies, which I vehemently support, as I wrote here. I am so OBIdient I have Peter Obi's Picture as my profile pic.

But this isn't about Naira redesign but cashless policy, learn to read and understand. You don't need to be first to comment, seun will not pay you for that.

https://www.nairaland.com/7543932/new-200-naira-note-most

https://www.nairaland.com/7545603/simplest-way-know-obidients-actually
Re: A Simple Experiment Why Cashless Policy Will Not Work! by kernniejay(m): 5:16pm On Feb 06, 2023
Nigeria will be the last country on earth where cashless policy will work. Is it with all these epileptic networking services and erratic power supply we want to go cashless? Especially at this period where IT personnels in the banking industry are leaving the country in droves. By the time people's hard-earned money begin to hang during transit (wire transfer) and get trapped nowhere for days without reversal, nobody will teach anybody to revert to cash payment system.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Simple Experiment Why Cashless Policy Will Not Work! by LocalStandard1(m): 5:34pm On Feb 06, 2023
kernniejay:
Nigeria will be the last country on earth where cashless policy will work. Is it with all these epileptic networking services and erratic power supply we want to go cashless? Especially at this period where IT personnels in the banking industry are leaving the country in droves. By the time people's hard-earned money begin to hang during transit (wire transfer) and get trapped nowhere for days without reversal, nobody will teach anybody to revert to cash payment system.

I wrote about this sometime ago, it has already started happening even Nairaland took a post like that to front page.

https://www.nairaland.com/7552310/nigerians-lament-bank-app-crashes

https://punchng.com/nigerians-lament-bank-app-crashes-as-transaction-failure-persists/?

1 Like

Re: A Simple Experiment Why Cashless Policy Will Not Work! by haffaze777(m): 5:44pm On Feb 06, 2023
LocalStandard1:

This is my opinion on the new currencies, which I vehemently support, as I wrote here. I am so OBIdient I have Peter Obi's Picture as my profile pic.

But this isn't about Naira redesign but cashless policy, learn to read and understand. You don't need to be first to comment, seun will not pay you for that.

https://www.nairaland.com/7543932/new-200-naira-note-most

https://www.nairaland.com/7545603/simplest-way-know-obidients-actually
You're agbado urchin joo

(1) (Reply)

Printing N5,000 Notes Better, DG NACCIMA Faults Emefiele's Naira Redesign / 2023, Labour Party Plans To Take Over Anambra. / Starved Peter Obi Supporters Taking Back Nigeria At Empty TBS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.