Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,343 members, 7,811,993 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:26 AM

My Girlfriend Wants To Travel Abroad Without Marrying Me - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Girlfriend Wants To Travel Abroad Without Marrying Me (33597 Views)

My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage / My Wife Just Told Me She Regrets Marrying Me. What Should I Do? / My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Travel Abroad Without Marrying Me by Blissguts: 7:04am On Feb 08, 2023
Lifeinbits:
Myself and my girlfriend have been dating for almost three years that she sometimes stays in my house too. I have always had the intention of traveling abroad but i don't know how, so last year my girlfriend brought the idea of traveling and how she wants to try US study route and I encouraged her to do so. I also supported her so much with my money by helping her to pay her application fee and TOEFL exam.

While doing all these, we had a conversation and she told me that if she is able to get a fully funded offer that we will be going together and I will be going with her as dependent. Now my girlfriend has gotten admission but she is yet to apply for visa and she has changed plans. She does not want me to go with her rather she is advising that I should also use the study route ifi want to travel.

Note : we had the intentions of getting married but right now she doesn't want us to get marry.

Leave her and get the message now oo that you people havent married.

Not when you married you see another shocker of her and that would be more painful.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Travel Abroad Without Marrying Me by MightySparrow: 7:11am On Feb 08, 2023
Jennyclay:
If you support her with application fee nko? Mtcheeww.

Men should learn to help and not expect anything in return. Nawa oo! undecided

If the lady decides not to marry you after spending on her, it's her choice and not a sin against God.

Biko, don't spoil her show oo!
Obirin?!
Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Travel Abroad Without Marrying Me by kaymart: 7:28am On Feb 08, 2023
amnesty7:
Congratulations! You have just been liberated.
How is this liberation?
He's been heart broken
Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Travel Abroad Without Marrying Me by lucky4west: 9:39am On Feb 08, 2023
she is keeping her options open and she want use you finalize her japa things...you have become a pun bro...stop being a fool and do not support her with cash again...find your level...the US level don turn her head...that is what happen to some women from this part of the world
Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Travel Abroad Without Marrying Me by Bouncin(m): 10:29am On Feb 08, 2023
Congratulations! You have just been saved from slavery
Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Travel Abroad Without Marrying Me by Lifeinbits(m): 2:30pm On Feb 08, 2023
Thank you so much, she said all these things you listed and she even encouraged that we should gather our money together and I should go through the Canada route first
Standardcosting:

Why bother yourself. You would even regret coming to the US on an F2 visa. You won’t be able to do anything legally. Dependents are miserable. Besides she hasn’t even gotten visa, yet she has changed. I have always advised that people should put themselves first in anything.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Travel Abroad Without Marrying Me by Niceguy06: 4:33pm On Feb 08, 2023
BRATISLAVA:
Golddigger.

She used her intellect to get there. You want to leech off her. Use your brain and get there.

This was the reason I refused to take my girlfriend of 5yrs with me to Canada. Left her in Nigeria. I used my intellect to get there, and I want her to do the same. I'll rather find a woman here than bringing anybody from Naija. If a woman is in my shoe, she'll do the same. I've been advising my friends against bringing their wife. Leave her in Naija and get a woman here
Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Travel Abroad Without Marrying Me by Niceguy06: 4:39pm On Feb 08, 2023
Omololaeni:
The funniest thing is she gave you the best advice anyone can give you. Don’t go to Usa on F2 you will get frustrated. Most f2 end up changing to f1 when they get here, the chances of both of you getting the visa if you go together is also very slim. Uk is easier to go with a dependent but usa hmm. I have so many colleagues here that both husband and wife came on f1 separately. People that are over 40years sef are coming through study route so I don’t think your age is a problem. Dust your credentials, ask her to put you through or better still surf the internet and process your own admission to.

This was the reason I refused to take my girlfriend of 5yrs with me to Canada. Left her in Nigeria. I used my intellect to get there, and I want her to do the same. I'll rather find a woman here than bringing anybody from Naija. If a woman is in my shoe, she'll do the same. I've been advising my friends against bringing their wife. Leave her in Naija and get a woman here.

Besides, I'll rather help myself first than bringing a woman up to level up with me. The only thing we're entitled to each other is pussy and dick while it lasts
Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Travel Abroad Without Marrying Me by Niceguy06: 4:40pm On Feb 08, 2023
Jennyclay:
If you support her with application fee nko? Mtcheeww.

Men should learn to help and not expect anything in return. Nawa oo! undecided

If the lady decides not to marry you after spending on her, it's her choice and not a sin against God.

Biko, don't spoil her show oo!

This was the reason I refused to take my girlfriend of 5yrs with me to Canada. Left her in Nigeria. I used my intellect to get there, and I want her to do the same. I'll rather find a woman here than bringing anybody from Naija. If a woman is in my shoe, she'll do the same. I've been advising my friends against bringing their wife. Leave her in Naija and get a woman here. I'll rather help myself first than helping a woman to be successful in life
Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Travel Abroad Without Marrying Me by BRATISLAVA: 5:45pm On Feb 08, 2023
Niceguy06:

This was the reason I refused to take my girlfriend of 5yrs with me to Canada. Left her in Nigeria. I used my intellect to get there, and I want her to do the same. I'll rather find a woman here than bringing anybody from Naija. If a woman is in my shoe, she'll do the same. I've been advising my friends against bringing their wife. Leave her in Naija and get a woman here

Yes, it's tit for tat. No woman should take any man out there, especially if she's worked hard for it. Some partners can be lazy. And it's the worst thing to see a man who has no constraints sit and expect money and riches from anyone. It never ends well to the giver to such a man.

Imagine this guy opening a thread as if he didn't have an education too.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Travel Abroad Without Marrying Me by Niceguy06: 6:32pm On Feb 08, 2023
BRATISLAVA:

Yes, it's tit for tat. No woman should take any man out there, especially if she's worked hard for it. Some partners can be lazy. And it's the worst thing to see a man who has no constraints sit and expect money and riches from anyone. It never ends well to the giver to such a man.

Imagine this guy opening a thread as if he didn't have an education too.

Don't mind them. Everyone should work for their success. No woman's entitled to my success and money and vice versa. I bring my look to table and so do you, there's no reason why anyone should depend on another. Hustle for your own success or get out make I found another girl

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Travel Abroad Without Marrying Me by BluntCrazeMan: 5:47am On Feb 09, 2023
Lifeinbits:
Myself and my girlfriend have been dating for almost three years that she sometimes stays in my house too. I have always had the intention of traveling abroad but i don't know how, so last year my girlfriend brought the idea of traveling and how she wants to try US study route and I encouraged her to do so. I also supported her so much with my money by helping her to pay her application fee and TOEFL exam.

While doing all these, we had a conversation and she told me that if she is able to get a fully funded offer that we will be going together and I will be going with her as dependent. Now my girlfriend has gotten admission but she is yet to apply for visa and she has changed plans. She does not want me to go with her rather she is advising that I should also use the study route ifi want to travel.

Note : we had the intentions of getting married but right now she doesn't want us to get marry.
You're not serious.

The idea travelling was first in your head.
Now, she first got it materialised.
And it didn't bother you.
Now, instead of you to start doing what she did, you're there depending to be a dependent, which itself depends on a variable probability..
Think well Oga

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Travel Abroad Without Marrying Me by eyinjuege: 9:12pm On Feb 17, 2023
Why haven't you guys married since 1-2 years in the relationship?
Why want marriage now because you want to travel as her dependent?
Is that the only reason you now see her as marriageable?
You started dating her when she was 25 and you 37. You're 40 now, and only considering marriage when she just got admission.
Na wah o

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Travel Abroad Without Marrying Me by eyinjuege: 9:15pm On Feb 17, 2023
To those shouting he sponsored her, Toefl exam is not more than $150
She doesn't owe him marriage for that

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Travel Abroad Without Marrying Me by Saccharine: 9:20pm On Feb 17, 2023
Madam does not want evening newspaper..maybe she now thinks a 40 year old man is not her taste again grin grin
Oga Pele oo, make sure she refunds you for the exam and application fees.
Sorry o

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Travel Abroad Without Marrying Me by Lifeinbits(m): 12:03pm On Mar 10, 2023
UPDATE

My girlfriend has advised that i should renew my passport which i have but I am yet to collect it. So, most people are advising that we should a fake marriage so that she can submit it in order for me to get the needed documents. I informed my babe and she agreed to it , initially but after a long thought,I felt I don't like the idea that instead, we should do a small court marriage but it seems my babe does not want a small wedding, she wants an elaborate wedding and she will wait to get a good job before getting married to anyone. Gurus in the house, what do you suggest I should do?
Lifeinbits:
Myself and my girlfriend have been dating for almost three years and she sometimes stays in my house too. I have always had the intention of traveling abroad but i don't know how, so last year my girlfriend brought up the idea of traveling and how she wants to try US study route and I encouraged her to do so. I also supported her so much with my money by helping her to pay her application fee and TOEFL exam.

Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Travel Abroad Without Marrying Me by ZIMDRILL(m): 7:21pm On Mar 10, 2023
Lifeinbits:

as much she seem wrong you also want to tue her down by marrying, you could have married her anytime you wanted before this offer now you feel that marrying her before she goes makes it easier for visa

on the other hand marrying her before she leaves blocks any potential better guys than you

all of a sudden you now have money to marry
Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Travel Abroad Without Marrying Me by Sisib15: 10:56am On Mar 11, 2023
Why are you stressing this things. I think the best thing is to follow her advice on going with the first option
Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Travel Abroad Without Marrying Me by Lifeinbits(m): 6:43am On Apr 18, 2023
New Update :
My babe visa has been approved and I feel that I have been cheated. I want to tear her passport so that the bought of us can be even. She won't go and we will both be in Nigeria since she doesn't want to go to the registry with me.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Travel Abroad Without Marrying Me by Wenonawde(m): 8:01am On Apr 18, 2023
You are a Mumu man 🥸🥸🥸🥸
Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Travel Abroad Without Marrying Me by akanke79: 2:25pm On Apr 18, 2023
Lifeinbits:
New Update :
My babe visa has been approved and I feel that I have been cheated. I want to tear her passport so that the bought of us can be even. She won't go and we will both be in Nigeria since she doesn't want to go to the registry with me.

Please dont tear her passport,if you tear it she can replace it at the US embassy.Try apply to schools too and secure your own admission that will be better for you.In future she will want you back but it will be too late.Be a man and let go.
You are not Mumu please,you could have dodged a bullet if you dont know.God has a way of seperating incompatible beings sometimes.
Best of luck.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Travel Abroad Without Marrying Me by duduade: 6:21pm On Apr 18, 2023
Lifeinbits:
New Update :

Is this a do or die affair
Because you supported with your money

Can’t you move on with your life
It’s obvious she used you

What a leach

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Baba De Baba: "I Can't Marry A Woman I Can't Beat" / Living In The City Without A Job, How Ladies Cope. / When You Are Not Sexually Compartible With Your Partner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.