Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,211 members, 7,829,344 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:29 AM

My Girlfriend Wants To Travel Abroad Without Marrying Me - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Girlfriend Wants To Travel Abroad Without Marrying Me (33699 Views)

My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage / My Wife Just Told Me She Regrets Marrying Me. What Should I Do? / My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Travel Abroad Without Marrying Me by Equity15(m): 3:38pm On Feb 07, 2023
rickpat:
she hasn't even gotten the visa,she is acting this way..maybe she neva even get visa appointment...bro,let her be and focus on your life...If she gets the visa..good...if she doesn't.. DON'T ACCEPT HER BACK...I hate it when people. are dating and one party feels they're smarter or wiser than the other...

FOCUS ON YOUR LIFE

US VISA ABI?.. OKAY O..I JUST DEY LAUGH THAT GIRL ..PINK PAPER GO RESET HER BRAIN
lmao....that blue paper ehn..i no wish am for anybody
Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Travel Abroad Without Marrying Me by rickleye: 3:39pm On Feb 07, 2023
Dude - There are tons of unmarried Nigerians & Non-Nigerians abroad. Don't cry over that.
You'll find many women who are even set financially, you'll regret not being single.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Travel Abroad Without Marrying Me by Setaleonoz(m): 3:40pm On Feb 07, 2023
Jennyclay:
If you support her with application fee nko? Mtcheeww.

Men should learn to help and not expect anything in return. Nawa oo! undecided

If the lady decides not to marry you after spending on her, it's her choice and not a sin against God.

Biko, don't spoil her show oo!

Hmm
Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Travel Abroad Without Marrying Me by Isabi4lov: 3:41pm On Feb 07, 2023
People are just wicked, las las na everybody go chop
Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Travel Abroad Without Marrying Me by Setaleonoz(m): 3:42pm On Feb 07, 2023
Next time you would learn to put yourself first before others angry

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Travel Abroad Without Marrying Me by Nyceguy92: 3:45pm On Feb 07, 2023
First, many people don't know the difference between being offered admission and actually being granted a visa.

Nearly everyone that applies that qualifies gets the offer. The real deal is obtaining the visa at the interview. So nothing to rejoice or feel bad about yet.

Second, she is only a girlfriend to you, not your wife. Intention to marry remains intention only. Besides, taking you along requires definite financial requirements that must be fulfilled.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Travel Abroad Without Marrying Me by Darnell9(m): 3:46pm On Feb 07, 2023
rickpat:
she hasn't even gotten the visa,she is acting this way..maybe she neva even get visa appointment...bro,let her be and focus on your life...If she gets the visa..good...if she doesn't.. DON'T ACCEPT HER BACK...I hate it when people. are dating and one party feels they're smarter or wiser than the other...

FOCUS ON YOUR LIFE

US VISA ABI?.. OKAY O..I JUST DEY LAUGH THAT GIRL ..PINK PAPER GO RESET HER BRAIN

Oil dey your head bro
Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Travel Abroad Without Marrying Me by albanikeh001: 3:50pm On Feb 07, 2023
Jennyclay:

If the lady decides not to marry you after spending on her, it's her choice and not a sin against God.

Your answer shows how myopic and self-centered you are when it comes to relationship, love and sacrifice. I wonder if you would give the same answer if the OP were to be your junior brother or your son

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Travel Abroad Without Marrying Me by Moneyyman: 3:50pm On Feb 07, 2023
Congratulations!

God is indirectly using her to save your head.

Either go on your own or forget it. Don't travel as her dependent where you'll become subject to her decisions...the US is no place to risk that.
As for marriage, be happy she doesn't want it; only she knows why.

Focus on yourself and make the next decisions for your future.

Your mama prayers dey work.

Lifeinbits:
Myself and my girlfriend have been dating for almost three years that she sometimes stays in my house too. I have always had the intention of traveling abroad but i don't know how, so last year my girlfriend brought the idea of traveling and how she wants to try US study route and I encouraged her to do so. I also supported her so much with my money by helping her to pay her application fee and TOEFL exam.

While doing all these, we had a conversation and she told me that if she is able to get a fully funded offer that we will be going together and I will be going with her as dependent. Now my girlfriend has gotten admission but she is yet to apply for visa and she has changed plans. She does not want me to go with her rather she is advising that I should also use the study route ifi want to travel.

Note : we had the intentions of getting married but right now she doesn't want us to get marry.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Travel Abroad Without Marrying Me by ukaface(f): 3:51pm On Feb 07, 2023
She thinks when she gets abroad she would have a million men to pick who she wants to marry. Leave am, e go shock am
E go do am vum for eyes

You don’t need to wail, you too find your way out. In a year or two she go Dey find you.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Travel Abroad Without Marrying Me by Scandium: 3:59pm On Feb 07, 2023
This is actually a bad behavior from the lady. You guys should discuss about it.

I am your best plug for visa application for those traveling abroad through study route. DM. Check my signature. Also write SAT, TOEFL IELTS, GRE and pass Easily. DM
Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Travel Abroad Without Marrying Me by ogbe88(m): 4:03pm On Feb 07, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Seems she is not ready for marriage or at least she is not ready to marry you at this time. What do you want us to tell you? undecided

You may be sure of wanting to spend your life with her but she isn't and there is nothing wrong with that as that is after all the why of these relationships, is it not? undecided
I don't know if your head is correct. What load of rubbish advice is this.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Travel Abroad Without Marrying Me by Maysdevices(f): 4:03pm On Feb 07, 2023
fidelmarshal199:
grin
Someone that hasn't applied for visa yet is already fledging muscles. Op stop worrying yourself because the ingrate is going nowhere.

Either student visa or work visa, None of them comes easily at the US embassy, More than 90 percent of the application get declined daily.
Someone that can't even afford an application fee completely, how is she going to come up with ticket and accommodation fee?
The chance of the opportunist leaving this country is very low.
Did he tell you she can’t afford the application fee? How much is that, not up to 100k the last time my mom applied.

If it was a woman doing this now, you will say she wants to cage him. How did she flex muscles by saying let them halt their marriage plans for now? How do you even think?

Why Must she marry him? What the Bleep?
Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Travel Abroad Without Marrying Me by usj(m): 4:05pm On Feb 07, 2023
okuta007:

Cut your losses ... grin
Thanks, grin
Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Travel Abroad Without Marrying Me by Maysdevices(f): 4:05pm On Feb 07, 2023
Sike:
"Men should learn to help and not expect anything in return?" Just take a look at your statement. Smh
Keep helping, keep getting disappointed

Happy helper
Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Travel Abroad Without Marrying Me by ogbe88(m): 4:06pm On Feb 07, 2023
obembet:
Abeg allow her jare... Just keep praying for her make the country favor her.

Just look at this one, and u support CR7 as a fan. U nor get sense.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Travel Abroad Without Marrying Me by 12inchess: 4:32pm On Feb 07, 2023
You think you have a girlfriend but you don't. She is just using you as a stepping stone to achieve her dreams. While you encourage her and support her mentally, physically and financially,she will drop you once she gets there. This is why she is not ready to commit to you so that it would be very easy over to break up with you. Someone that really loves you wont act like this. I'm also abroad and had a similar situation. Guy better start pursuing your own goals as well. This is 2023. The lady you call girlfriend is using your head and is not serious.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Travel Abroad Without Marrying Me by yommen: 4:37pm On Feb 07, 2023
Jennyclay:

If na the guy do same now, people like you go shout 'men!!!' They already agreed to run things together. Now she suddenly changed plans when na only admission she don get.

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Travel Abroad Without Marrying Me by sinola(m): 4:40pm On Feb 07, 2023
Lifeinbits:
Myself and my girlfriend have been dating for almost three years that she sometimes stays in my house too. I have always had the intention of traveling abroad but i don't know how, so last year my girlfriend brought the idea of traveling and how she wants to try US study route and I encouraged her to do so. I also supported her so much with my money by helping her to pay her application fee and TOEFL exam.

While doing all these, we had a conversation and she told me that if she is able to get a fully funded offer that we will be going together and I will be going with her as dependent. Now my girlfriend has gotten admission but she is yet to apply for visa and she has changed plans. She does not want me to go with her rather she is advising that I should also use the study route ifi want to travel.

Note : we had the intentions of getting married but right now she doesn't want us to get marry.

Bros,i hope it is not UK she is travelling to....especially Manchester, if not, just admit that you have lost your babe.Those guys there are girlfriends vampires
Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Travel Abroad Without Marrying Me by 12inchess: 4:41pm On Feb 07, 2023
ModCaller:
Only a Nigerian fool applies for US student visa.

Don't waste your money
I applied for U.S Student Visa 7 years ago. Brought my wife here after 2 years of getting there and she schooled here as well. Today we are both permanent resident and through the LEGAL route and without marrying Oyinbo. It was very very TOUGH to get to this point but thank God for everything he has done. We are not fools.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Travel Abroad Without Marrying Me by ModCaller: 4:42pm On Feb 07, 2023
12inchess:

I applied for U.S Student Visa 7 years ago. Brought my wife here after 2 years of getting there and she schooled here as well. Today we are both permanent resident and through the LEGAL route and without marrying Oyinbo. It was very very TOUGH to get to this point but thank God for everything he has done. We are not fools.

7 years is ages ago.

The world has changed since then
Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Travel Abroad Without Marrying Me by zakkxx: 4:43pm On Feb 07, 2023
You are seeing red duvet no be even red flag! Baba run for your life, she will smoke you alife in America! Remove sex and money and u will see if she is a good or demonic wife!
Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Travel Abroad Without Marrying Me by Officialkplus(m): 4:45pm On Feb 07, 2023
Lifeinbits:

Mehn, you don’t want to lose her bro, I get ….

She will miss you.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Travel Abroad Without Marrying Me by deardear2021(f): 4:46pm On Feb 07, 2023
Can't u see that u want to become her own village people.... Why can't u follow the same steps to gain ur own admmition? Guy stop complaining like ur the one sponsoring her abroad and get a life. I don't know what is wrong with all these our young men.......is marriage by force?untop person wey wan go school aah!
Lifeinbits:

Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Travel Abroad Without Marrying Me by 12inchess: 4:46pm On Feb 07, 2023
ModCaller:

7 years is ages ago.

The world has changed since then
People are still coming on student visa and getting Greencard. How long do you think it takes to get Greencard in the U.S through the student route. On the average you will spend atleast 5 years. 2 years of school say 1 year OPT and then 2 years for the Greencard to be filled. Some like me may even have it longer than 5 years. Most pple that come from Nigeria with papers after less than 5 years got it through marriage (either fake or real marriage).
Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Travel Abroad Without Marrying Me by fohlarp: 4:53pm On Feb 07, 2023
Saintmary:

You want to marry her because you supported her ambition to travel abroad.

Not because you love her.

Leave her alone and ask her to return your money.
yes i love dis ask 4 ur money back snc d plan has chgd u paid 4 d fee thinkn u wr goin togeda
Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Travel Abroad Without Marrying Me by ModCaller: 4:53pm On Feb 07, 2023
12inchess:

People are still coming on student visa and getting Greencard. How long do you think it takes to get Greencard in the U.S through the student route. On the average you will spend atleast 5 years. 2 years of school say 1 year OPT and then 2 years for the Greencard to be filled. Some like me may even have it longer than 5 years. Most pple that come from Nigeria with papers after less than 5 years got it through marriage (either fake or real marriage).

99% of the people who apply for student visa in Nigeria have been getting rejected for some years now. This is an issue that most people know about. It has even attracted media attention many times.

As a rule, as a Nigerian, do not apply for USA visa. Getting rejected by US can create real roadblock when trying to get major European visa
Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Travel Abroad Without Marrying Me by bitingcool: 5:03pm On Feb 07, 2023
Gerrard59:
You do not know how to travel abroad, but you have a girlfriend who does and you supported her so much financially to enable it happen. While doing this, you did not ask her; Nne, how are processing this application to move abroad? Could you teach me considering I am sponsoring the process?

Did you? Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

Then, you came to Nairaland typing mendaciously about how she has changed her mind even though you wanted to travel but you don't know how. Not only that, you had created the same topic in the Travel section, but since that had little traction, you came here to try your luck, all in a bid to enter FP.

I understand that the unemployment situation in Nigeria is extremely high, but don't you think there are better things to do with your time and precious bandwidth?

https://www.nairaland.com/7557673/girlfriend-doesnt-want-get-married#120697918

lol.. see mending
Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Travel Abroad Without Marrying Me by Toks2008(m): 5:09pm On Feb 07, 2023
Lifeinbits:

Oya so pe o ti lo, E don go...

Just joking... No worries, nah she go beg you to come join her. Mark my words.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Travel Abroad Without Marrying Me by 12inchess: 5:09pm On Feb 07, 2023
ModCaller:

99% of the people who apply for student visa in Nigeria have been getting rejected for some years now. This is an issue that most people know about. It has even attracted media attention many times.

As a rule, as a Nigerian, do not apply for USA visa. Getting rejected by US can create real roadblock when trying to get major European visa
Okay. One way that used to work then was to get an assistantship i.e scholarship from a professor which makes your chances higher. I don't know if that still works as it was long ago. Quite a number of Nigerians would come to the U.S with a student visa and then go off the grid after getting here to work under the table, greencard marriages etc and apparently U.S immigration caught on to that.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Travel Abroad Without Marrying Me by Hotguy27: 5:23pm On Feb 07, 2023
Lifeinbits:

Guy, the only way out is for you to find your own way. Nothing will change her mind about her plan to dump you if you have no plan to travel on your own too. Forget about her but start now to plan your own japa. You may chose a different country, say UK.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Untold Story Of The Baby Found In OAU Toilet / 10 Signs The Man Wooing You Has Another Woman/ May Be Married / Paternity Fraud In Nigeria: Are You Your Baby’s Daddy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.