Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,608 members, 7,827,292 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

Ortom: I Will Not Destroy PDP In Benue; Why Uba, My Aides Attended Atiku’s Rally - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ortom: I Will Not Destroy PDP In Benue; Why Uba, My Aides Attended Atiku’s Rally (20664 Views)

Wike: Those Saying I Want To Destroy PDP Over Presidential Ticket Loss Are Sick / Ortom: I Have Document, Fulani Want To Takeover Nigeria / Pictures Of Mammoth Crowds That Attended Atiku Rally In Lagos State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ortom: I Will Not Destroy PDP In Benue; Why Uba, My Aides Attended Atiku’s Rally by aninibinladen: 12:29pm On Feb 07, 2023
Governor Samuel Ortom of Benue State has defended the presence of the governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) who is also the speaker of the state House of Assembly Titus Uba at the presidential campaign rally of the party’s candidate Alhaji Atiku Abubakar.

Uba’s participation in the rally yesterday was seen by political pundits as a crack in Ortom’s camp and a possible sign that he has mend fences with Atiku, whom the G-5 governors have opposed over alleged injustice against the southern members of the party.

But in a reaction, through his special adviser to the media and publicity Terver Akase, the governor said “Uba is a PDP candidate and cannot afford to miss the presidential rally when the national chairman, BoT members are there.

Uba is not Ortom’s candidate, he is PDP candidate, and for Ortom to even allow some of his loyalists to attend Atiku’s presidential campaign rally goes to show that Ortom is not fighting a personal battle, and it also means that he is not out to destroy PDP in the State.

So, what is happening is not all about Ortom, the struggle in PDP is for justice, the G-5 Governors and Ortom are not fighting for personal war.”

At the rally, the PDP national chairman, Dr. Iyorchia Ayu, appealed to Ortom who was conspicuously absent at the rally to put the past behind and come back to enable them work for the success of the party at the 2023 polls.

Uba in a welcome address said commended Atiku for coming to Benue despite the lingering crises and appealed to the National leadership of the Party to make the last efforts in resolving the crises

According to Uba, Benue is pure breed of PDP and nothing else, so I want to make one request to the incoming president and the national leadership of the party to make the last efforts of resolving the lingering crises so that together we will be stronger because Nigerians are waiting for PDP.”

Ayu in a remark at the campaign rally held at Aper Aku stadium in Makurdi, the Benue State capital called on aggrieved members of the party to come back and join hands to elect all PDP candidates in the forthcoming elections so as to fight for a true Nigeria.

“I want to emphasized here that PDP is not in any way divided, although there are few of our members who have grievances but we are still talking them, we want to make sure we are back together, one week is enough to change everything, and we will return everybody back”

“I am also appealing to my younger brother Ortom to comeback and join us so that we will together fight for a true Nigeria, I want to tell you that Governor Ortom has nowhere to go, his only house is PDP, and we will be more than happy to receive all of them back, all of you know what we went through hell in the hands of APC in the last 8years, and I believe that only those with mental problem will again vote for APC,” he said.

Earlier, Atiku, who commended Benue people for coming out en-masse to welcome him, sympathised with the family of those who lost their loved ones during the herders/farmers crises, saying as the ‘Zege Mule U Tiv’ and president come 2023 will bring an end to insecurity in the State.

“If you elect me as your president come 2023, I will replicate what I did here, when I visited Benue in 2001, by ensuring that the Fulanis sign a peace accords with their brother the Tivs to ensure that peace return to Benue State”

“As the ‘Food Basket of Nigeria’, I am saddened that our farmers can no longer go to their farms because of insecurity, I want to also assure you that the problem of unemployment of our young people and women will also become a thing of the past that is why in my policy document I said 10billion US dollars will be earmark to empower young men and women, so do not make a mistake of voting APC into power again”

“I am promising you that I will fix roads and rails linking Benue State to address infrastructural deficits, as you all know Benue State has been a gateway to the far North and South that is why we have rail line passing through the State, today, the rails are no longer working, but I want to assure you that if elected, we shall open the rail lines again”

Atiku maintained that as the president of Nigeria, ASUU will no longer go on strike, “i will ensure that all the public Universities are well funded”

Also, Senator Gabriel Suswam, who applauded the people for keeping faith with the party urged them to come out on February 25th to vote for Atiku as president and all the other PDP candidates.

“Let us all come out to show thank you for our brother Atiku who stood for the state in the past, for all of us as members National Assembly in Benue, we are working together to elect Atiku as our next president, so I urge you all to votes all PDP candidates from bottom to top.”

https://leadership.ng/why-uba-my-aides-attend-atikus-presidential-rally-ortom/

7 Likes

Re: Ortom: I Will Not Destroy PDP In Benue; Why Uba, My Aides Attended Atiku’s Rally by Honjoshy4u: 12:35pm On Feb 07, 2023
Wike is officially on his own!!!!
No be to de shout anyhow.
Politics is deep.

66 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Ortom: I Will Not Destroy PDP In Benue; Why Uba, My Aides Attended Atiku’s Rally by rolams(m): 12:41pm On Feb 07, 2023
This guy get sense pass Wike!

72 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Ortom: I Will Not Destroy PDP In Benue; Why Uba, My Aides Attended Atiku’s Rally by StrongandMighty: 12:42pm On Feb 07, 2023
I wonder what wike the barking dog would be doing by now...

54 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ortom: I Will Not Destroy PDP In Benue; Why Uba, My Aides Attended Atiku’s Rally by mbaboy(m): 12:48pm On Feb 07, 2023
Ortom more sensible than that noise maker Wike

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ortom: I Will Not Destroy PDP In Benue; Why Uba, My Aides Attended Atiku’s Rally by Coolsperm: 12:50pm On Feb 07, 2023
A vote for Muslim Muslim ticket, is a vote for sharia , my dear as a Christian if you vote for Muslim Muslim ticket it will backfire on you and your family

51 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ortom: I Will Not Destroy PDP In Benue; Why Uba, My Aides Attended Atiku’s Rally by jowhyte(m): 12:50pm On Feb 07, 2023
Ortom senatorial ambition and his PDP candidate governorship candidates are on the line. It will be very foolish of him to work against the PDP NWC. A United benue PDP will have a hard time fighting APC because i learnt it’s governorship candidate is popular.

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ortom: I Will Not Destroy PDP In Benue; Why Uba, My Aides Attended Atiku’s Rally by Ayed44: 12:50pm On Feb 07, 2023
Listen to Ortom speaking like a matured man.

Whereas Wike is busy denying Atiku and PDP a campaign venue in Rivers State.

Wike is the most overrated idiot I have ever seen in my life.

52 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Ortom: I Will Not Destroy PDP In Benue; Why Uba, My Aides Attended Atiku’s Rally by ChangetheChange: 12:52pm On Feb 07, 2023
But in a reaction, through his special adviser to the media and publicity Terver Akase, the governor said “Uba is a PDP candidate and cannot afford to miss the presidential rally when the national chairman, BoT members are there.

“Uba is not Ortom’s candidate, he is PDP candidate, and for Ortom to even allow some of his loyalists to attend Atiku’s presidential campaign rally goes to show that Ortom is not fighting a personal battle, and it also means that he is not out to destroy PDP in the State.
grin grin grin
Jungle don mature
All these G5 Governors are using Wike to play hide and seek
Wike is the most confused fool I have seen from Rivers State

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ortom: I Will Not Destroy PDP In Benue; Why Uba, My Aides Attended Atiku’s Rally by Cantonese: 12:55pm On Feb 07, 2023
You will ensure that the Fulanis sign a peace accord. Una see life? The man who could not make peace in his own party is promising a peace accord. All those ones that they signed, which of them did they adhere to?

6 Likes

Re: Ortom: I Will Not Destroy PDP In Benue; Why Uba, My Aides Attended Atiku’s Rally by Almaigaa: 1:08pm On Feb 07, 2023
Wike go cry tire, cause Atiku will emerge victorious grin grin

28 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ortom: I Will Not Destroy PDP In Benue; Why Uba, My Aides Attended Atiku’s Rally by tradepunter: 1:24pm On Feb 07, 2023
Hahah
Re: Ortom: I Will Not Destroy PDP In Benue; Why Uba, My Aides Attended Atiku’s Rally by iwaeda: 1:24pm On Feb 07, 2023
aninibinladen:

https://leadership.ng/why-uba-my-aides-attend-atikus-presidential-rally-ortom/
Ortom has carried Obi handicap again. Anyone thinking of G5 as serious bunch. Makinde mobilised for Atiku in Oyo few weeks ago. See another Ortom goal-goal. Atiku is Nigeria number 16 grin grin grin grin grin grin

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ortom: I Will Not Destroy PDP In Benue; Why Uba, My Aides Attended Atiku’s Rally by Criicket: 1:25pm On Feb 07, 2023
Hmm

Re: Ortom: I Will Not Destroy PDP In Benue; Why Uba, My Aides Attended Atiku’s Rally by adecz: 1:26pm On Feb 07, 2023
grin
Re: Ortom: I Will Not Destroy PDP In Benue; Why Uba, My Aides Attended Atiku’s Rally by Hndrrxxx(m): 1:26pm On Feb 07, 2023
Yy
Re: Ortom: I Will Not Destroy PDP In Benue; Why Uba, My Aides Attended Atiku’s Rally by Realists(m): 1:26pm On Feb 07, 2023
Coolsperm:
A vote for Muslim Muslim ticket, is a vote for sharia , my dear as a Christian if you vote for Muslim Muslim ticket it will backfire on you and your family

Hmmm, your islamphobia will only give you HBP.

This article (by Emeka Ugwuonye, Esquire) speaks volumes. When we sometimes pretend to be what we are not, thinks can never go right or well. Having said this, let me copy and paste a historical analysis by one prof. Ihechukwu Madubuike with the title "know your history" and let us rationalize it. KNOW YOUR HISTORY.

*THIS IS SIMPLY THE REASON WHY HAUSAS, YORUBAS, EDO AND THE NIGER DELTA MAN WILL NOT TRUST THE IBO MAN AT THE CENTER AND WHY THE HAUSAS MAY NOT WANT TO RELINQUISH POWER IN NIGERIA*

Any historians in the house to vet this but no insults or character assassination please:

Forgotten History Of Igbo Tribe And Northern Alliance.

Do you know that when Tafawa Balewa was Prime Minister of Nigeria;

Chief of Army Staff was from SE
Chief of Naval Staff was from SE
IG of Police was from SE
Chief of Defence Staff was from SE
Internal Affairs Minister SE
External Affairs Minister SE
Education Minister South SE
Many other key ministries to SE
Parliament President SE
Unilag VC from SE
The University of Ibadan VC from SE
North resisted same at ABU!

Still, there was dissatisfaction by SE, the officers from the region killed this same Balewa!!!!

Out of all the most senior officers in Nigeria, SE has 37, none was killed. 8 from the north, all of them were killed. 10 from the west, 2 were killed.

Then Ironsi imposed a unitary system of government on the country so that everything can belong to a region who snatched it!

We must know our history so that when we want to make corrections, we will not end up concealing the truth. This has nothing to do with tribalism but everything to do with the truth.....at times when lies litter the streets. There is a tendency to think those are truths and facts.

*What follows are documented facts that can be cross-checked for authenticity!"*

Thou shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free.

*“Prof. Ben Nwabueze was the man who drafted the constitution that took away powers from regions and handed it to the central government because his brother AguiyTHEORY WOES IN NIGERIA TODAY:

The Igbo man is known to enjoy blaming the Hausa fulanis, Yorubas and indeed every other Nigerian tribe and Lord Luggard/Britain for their seeming claim of being in third class citizen status in Nigeria. In their perpetual attempts to play the victim card, they recount the political events of Nigeria from 1914 to the present in a half-baked and highly selective manner which cleverly avoids the mention of the roles played by their elite who by all natural laws of judgement were actually responsible for the woes that befell not only the Igbo race but the entire Nigeria nation. The story told in the post above is one of such selective and distorted accounts of history which the average Igbo man is fond of narrating.

However, the national archives have the complete and unedited history of Nigeria regarding the political events beginning way back from even before 1914. I will therefore proceed to furnish my readers with the complete story for all to read and be endowed with enough facts so as to judge and act from an informed position.

Shortly after the 1914 Amalgamation of the Northern and Southern Protectorates, it started getting clear that the country was bound to fail as the amalgamation in question was done with colonial fiat without the consent and consensus of the different tribes which were over 300. This prompted the political leaders to start asking for de-amalgamation so as to forestall the future danger which the forced amalgamation portended.

To that end, Ahmadu Bello, speaking on behalf of the Northern protectorate in 1944 described the amalgamation as "The mistake of 1914 which if allowed to remain will ultimately lead to unstoppable bloodshed and a failed country".
Awolowo, speaking on behalf of the Yorubas and Western minorities, described Nigeria as a mere geographical expression not qualified to be called a country let alone a nation. Awolowo added that if the amalgamation

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ortom: I Will Not Destroy PDP In Benue; Why Uba, My Aides Attended Atiku’s Rally by Toneypen247(m): 1:26pm On Feb 07, 2023
This is super story.

Power belongs to the people 💯

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ortom: I Will Not Destroy PDP In Benue; Why Uba, My Aides Attended Atiku’s Rally by Mitsurugi(m): 1:26pm On Feb 07, 2023
“So, what is happening is not all about Ortom, the struggle in PDP is for justice, the G-5 Governors and Ortom are not fighting for personal war.”

The way these guys are subtly distancing themselves from G5

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ortom: I Will Not Destroy PDP In Benue; Why Uba, My Aides Attended Atiku’s Rally by SALLYBERRY01(m): 1:26pm On Feb 07, 2023
Fear of not getting reelected

1 Like

Re: Ortom: I Will Not Destroy PDP In Benue; Why Uba, My Aides Attended Atiku’s Rally by ogascomax: 1:29pm On Feb 07, 2023
Wike is just a loner in this fight. Forget G5 because they are dead. We sane people knew this long ago but those who were driven by sentiment or emotions thought otherwise. G5 abi G wagon checkmate.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ortom: I Will Not Destroy PDP In Benue; Why Uba, My Aides Attended Atiku’s Rally by Siwisheswereesh: 1:29pm On Feb 07, 2023
You have no choice

4 Likes

Re: Ortom: I Will Not Destroy PDP In Benue; Why Uba, My Aides Attended Atiku’s Rally by DennisEche(m): 1:30pm On Feb 07, 2023
grin grin grin
WIKE IS DANCING ALONE NOW. TRUST PERSON LIKE ORTHOM AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE G5 AKA ASHEBI BOYS WERE ENTERTAINERS AND NOTHING ELSE. THEY ONLY DISTRACTED NIGERIANS FROM BUHARI'S MESS.

4 Likes

Re: Ortom: I Will Not Destroy PDP In Benue; Why Uba, My Aides Attended Atiku’s Rally by ogatboy(m): 1:32pm On Feb 07, 2023
The G-5 has since splitted on the decision of who to support. Everybody now is to your tent. Like I say, after May 29, Wike will be totally irrelevant to the political space. Even his successor will turn on him.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ortom: I Will Not Destroy PDP In Benue; Why Uba, My Aides Attended Atiku’s Rally by Mandate2023: 1:32pm On Feb 07, 2023
Despite d way fulani dealt with them in benue killing several ppl.......some of them r still supporting another fulani

4 Likes

Re: Ortom: I Will Not Destroy PDP In Benue; Why Uba, My Aides Attended Atiku’s Rally by sofeo(m): 1:33pm On Feb 07, 2023
Alright sir
Re: Ortom: I Will Not Destroy PDP In Benue; Why Uba, My Aides Attended Atiku’s Rally by Crikkkkket: 1:34pm On Feb 07, 2023
Ode

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

CNG: Borno Farmers’ Killing Exposes FG's Deceptions On Boko Haram / Ekiti Debt: Fayose Will Go To Jail After Tenure, Says APC / Ikpeazu Inspects Road Constructions In Aba(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.