Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,973 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

Picture Of New DPO In Lagos Causes Stir On Social Media - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Picture Of New DPO In Lagos Causes Stir On Social Media (8551 Views)

Video Of Helicopter Accompanying A Train In Nigeria Causes Stir On Social Media / Wike: Police DPO In Rumuji Owns An Illegal Refinery In Rivers / $8 Million Seized At The Airport In Lagos Causes Controversy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Picture Of New DPO In Lagos Causes Stir On Social Media by wisestman(m): 12:54pm On Feb 07, 2023
A photograph of the Divisional Police Officer of the Victoria Island Divisional Police Headquarters under the Lagos State Police Command, Taiwo Adewunmi Oyewale, has set the social media abuzz.

The photograph, by a Twitter user, simply said: See who will arrest you if you commit a crime in Victoria Island.

Oyewale, a Chief Superintendent of Police, who had before she was moved to Victoria Island Divisional Headquarters with office at the Bar Beach area, served as the DPO for Area ‘F’ in Ikeja, Lagos State, comes highly recommended by her colleagues and the public.

For instance, prominent Nollywood actor, Kate Henshaw, had praised her without stating the exact reason for it.

Henshaw, the spokesperson of the Actors Guild of Nigeria, wrote on her Twitter handle: “Thank you CSP Taiwo Oyewale.

“Thank you for caring.

“It’s refreshing to see

“God bless you.”

As the DPO of Area ‘F’ in Ikeja, another Twitter user said she got rid of drug addicts and sellers “in effort to return Ikeja to a more peaceful place to stay”.

More recently, she received praise for her handling of detainees under her as the DPO in charge of Bar Beach.

This is considering the fact that over the years, detainees had the inhumane torture, abuse and deprivation of basic needs they are subjected to.

This was why the spokesperson of the Lagos State Police Command, SP Benjamin Hundeyin, praised her commendable strides while retweeting a post made by a justice watch organisation, Citizens Gavel.

Hundeyin tweeted: “We will continue to do better.

“We are all proud of CSP Taiwo Oyewale, DPO Victoria Island Diviison, for her commendable strides.”

According to Citizens Gavel, the organisation in collaboration with the Nigeria Bar Association, Legal Aid Council and other sister organisations paid an unscheduled visit to the Bar Beach Police Station, Victoria Island Division.

In the course of the visitation and interview with the suspects detained at the Police Station, they observed that the officers complied with section 34 (1)(a) of the CFRN 1999 (as amended) as suspects confirmed to them that they were neither tortured nor subjected to inhumane or degrading treatment.

It was learnt that relatives of suspects were also notified and legal representatives were provided.

Suspects were also allowed to speak with their relatives or other persons of choice in compliance with section 35(2)(a) of the Police Act, 2020.

The post stated that the organisation obtained the promise of the police that the suspects would be granted administrative bail before the expiration of 24 hours in compliance with section 35 of the CFRN 1999 (as amended).

The organisation gave kudos to the good officers at the Bar Beach Police station,Victoria Island Division and implored them to keep up the great work.

https://theeagleonline.com.ng/photo-of-pretty-lagos-dpo-sets-social-media-abuzz/

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Picture Of New DPO In Lagos Causes Stir On Social Media by todaynewsreview: 1:04pm On Feb 07, 2023
Beautiful Officer. God bless her and her family for doing the right thing (s)

8 Likes

Re: Picture Of New DPO In Lagos Causes Stir On Social Media by kokoA(m): 1:07pm On Feb 07, 2023
Crime don dey hungry some men to commit. grin😀😀🤣

7 Likes

Re: Picture Of New DPO In Lagos Causes Stir On Social Media by Coolsperm: 1:09pm On Feb 07, 2023
Ok nice, but am very sure Yoruba Christian's will never vote for Muslim Muslim ticket, we are not fools , even Muric told Yoruba Muslims not to vote Yoruba Christian's and they all agreed,

37 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Picture Of New DPO In Lagos Causes Stir On Social Media by Shalommy(f): 1:15pm On Feb 07, 2023
Chaii... If no be say lagos is far, i for break person head now now.undecided. We need this kind policewomen not those scary ones. cheesy cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Picture Of New DPO In Lagos Causes Stir On Social Media by INDOMIE9090(f): 1:15pm On Feb 07, 2023
Coolsperm:
Ok nice, but am very sure Yoruba Christian's will never vote for Muslim Muslim ticket, we are not fools , even Muric told Yoruba Muslims not to vote Yoruba Christian's and they all agreed,
shinedu😂😂😂

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Picture Of New DPO In Lagos Causes Stir On Social Media by Peritome: 1:22pm On Feb 07, 2023
grin grin grin
Re: Picture Of New DPO In Lagos Causes Stir On Social Media by Phoen1X: 1:46pm On Feb 07, 2023
You're welcome madam\sister,...all we want is peace and justice.

2 Likes

Re: Picture Of New DPO In Lagos Causes Stir On Social Media by Sammy07: 1:50pm On Feb 07, 2023
She set sha.

Who dey island?
I need someone to run me a background check on her. Especially her children, cousins children, etc cool

1 Like

Re: Picture Of New DPO In Lagos Causes Stir On Social Media by Sammy07: 1:52pm On Feb 07, 2023
Shalommy:
Chaii... If no be say lagos is far, i for break person head now now.undecided. We need this kind policewomen not those scary ones. cheesy cheesy

And then shout

"I need to see the DPO before writing statement"

smiley

6 Likes

Re: Picture Of New DPO In Lagos Causes Stir On Social Media by Obaofaba: 2:01pm On Feb 07, 2023
Coolsperm:

Foolishness is not limited to attaining certain age.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Picture Of New DPO In Lagos Causes Stir On Social Media by UnfairLife7(m): 2:05pm On Feb 07, 2023
Beauty and brain
Re: Picture Of New DPO In Lagos Causes Stir On Social Media by jumper524(m): 2:07pm On Feb 07, 2023
Coolsperm:
chukwudi, watin be your obsession with Yoruba? Watin. Why Yoruba matter choke una.
Yoruba Christians no send una.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Picture Of New DPO In Lagos Causes Stir On Social Media by Shalommy(f): 2:17pm On Feb 07, 2023
Sammy07:

And then shout
"I need to see the DPO before writing statement"
smiley
cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Picture Of New DPO In Lagos Causes Stir On Social Media by Dajugba: 2:26pm On Feb 07, 2023
Vote wisely! Vote LP.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Picture Of New DPO In Lagos Causes Stir On Social Media by Softmirror: 2:27pm On Feb 07, 2023
Coolsperm:

I LOVE THE DAY BUHARI MET REVEREND KUKAH AND JOKINGLY ASKED HIM IF HE HAS BECOME ISLAMIZED AND HAVE LEFT THE FOLDS OF CHRISTIANITY. KUKAH WAS SO ASHAMED TO ANSWER.

1 Like

Re: Picture Of New DPO In Lagos Causes Stir On Social Media by Phoen1X: 2:29pm On Feb 07, 2023
Sammy07:
She set sha.

Who dey island?
I need someone to run me a background check on her. Especially her children, cousins children, etc cool
Easy brother,..i know you meant well, however, others might misinterprete you.
Re: Picture Of New DPO In Lagos Causes Stir On Social Media by Siddeek: 2:30pm On Feb 07, 2023
Tra
Re: Picture Of New DPO In Lagos Causes Stir On Social Media by Sammy07: 2:33pm On Feb 07, 2023
Phoen1X:
Easy brother,..i know you meant well, however, others might misinterprete you.
♥️
Re: Picture Of New DPO In Lagos Causes Stir On Social Media by jahsharon: 2:33pm On Feb 07, 2023
Coolsperm:

It's like this your madness is generational?

Was it Fulani Christians that voted for fake Pastor Judas Osinbajo to be VP?

2 Likes

Re: Picture Of New DPO In Lagos Causes Stir On Social Media by ScamHunter: 2:36pm On Feb 07, 2023
Are you saying she doesn't take bribes?
Re: Picture Of New DPO In Lagos Causes Stir On Social Media by Melvinkel: 2:37pm On Feb 07, 2023
Coolsperm:
you go cry tire after election, Igbo guy pretending to be a Yoruba man

3 Likes

Re: Picture Of New DPO In Lagos Causes Stir On Social Media by jahsharon: 2:39pm On Feb 07, 2023
Bed warmer for Ogas at the top.
Re: Picture Of New DPO In Lagos Causes Stir On Social Media by Shapeaso: 3:02pm On Feb 07, 2023
Shalommy:
Pretty women are wicked. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Picture Of New DPO In Lagos Causes Stir On Social Media by Shapeaso: 3:04pm On Feb 07, 2023
kokoA:
Crime don dey hungry some men to commit. grin
The way she'll punish you, you go deny your village. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Picture Of New DPO In Lagos Causes Stir On Social Media by KingMack(m): 3:28pm On Feb 07, 2023
mk she do 3months for office first before I go say wettin dey my mind
Re: Picture Of New DPO In Lagos Causes Stir On Social Media by Racoon(m): 3:30pm On Feb 07, 2023
Fine gorgeous and elegant looking woman. Hope she is married? Otherwise oga @ the top go dey disturb am o.
Re: Picture Of New DPO In Lagos Causes Stir On Social Media by Alusiizizi(m): 3:32pm On Feb 07, 2023
How good is her Mouth Action and doggy style skills? That's what she needs to be concentrating on and not police distinctions.
Re: Picture Of New DPO In Lagos Causes Stir On Social Media by bahdpersona(m): 3:39pm On Feb 07, 2023
She bleeps her way to get to that position. It is not easy.
Re: Picture Of New DPO In Lagos Causes Stir On Social Media by sacajawea: 3:54pm On Feb 07, 2023
Wa ti fẹ dó pa! Before she reach here...
Overfuccking! Idokudo!
I trust the senior police Cabals...

1 Like

Re: Picture Of New DPO In Lagos Causes Stir On Social Media by Moh247: 3:57pm On Feb 07, 2023
A young CSP... If Nigeria wasn't a joke she should become an AIG or DIG

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking News!! It Has Started / Yayi In The Crosshairs: Navigating Allegations Of Project Conversion In Ogun / When Is Tinubu Going To Be Probed? Check Out His Oriental Hotel:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.