Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,610 members, 7,809,235 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:16 AM

Boko Haram Plans To Bomb Defence Headquarters -report - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Plans To Bomb Defence Headquarters -report (7629 Views)

Rabe Abubakar, Spokesperson Of The Defence Headquarters / Nigerian Defence Headquarters Releases Pictures Of BIU Operation Aftermath / Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Plans To Bomb Defence Headquarters -report by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 10:49pm On Sep 09, 2011
Written by Chris Agbambu and Okey Muogbo, Abuja
Friday, September 9, 2011

THE armed forces are in possession of intelligence report that the Boko Haram sect plans to bomb the Defence Headquarters, popularly called "Boat House."

advertisement

Towards this end, the military has put additional security measures in place in order to forestall such an incident.

Informed sources in the military disclosed to the Nigerian Tribune that the armed forces are not taking any chances about the threat, as movement is now restricted within the Defence Headquarters complex.

Nigerian Tribune gathered that the Director of Intelligence in the Army, Navy and Air Force headquarters are now coordinating security arrangements at the Defence Headquarters and supervised by a Major-General from the headquarters.

The source revealed that anybody coming to the Defence Headquarters complex must be on appointment from a senior military officer or else no entry for such a visitor.

Also, the road by the gate of the Defence Headquarters has been blocked with military vehicles, with fierce-looking armed soldiers manning it.

The source added that the military high command had consequently advised military officers within the complex to mind the type of visitors they invite into the complex.

Nigerian Tribune gathered that additional security equipment to check vehicles and visitors have been acquired by the armed forces and have already been put to use.

A top source at the Defence Headquarters told the Nigerian Tribune that "the military is the last hope of every Nigerian, and once this place is targeted, then the country is in trouble and that is why additional security measures are being put in place."

Only one entrance is designated for the service chiefs and senior military officers into the Defence Headquarters which no private car is allowed to use.

The source disclosed that the Boko Haram sect was boasting that since they had succeeded in bombing the Police Headquarters and the United Nations building, there was nothing preventing them from bombing the Defence Headquarters.

Also, the exit gate at the Police Headquarters, which has been under lock since the bombing of the place three months ago, has been blocked with an armoured vehicle to prevent anyone launching an attack from there, just as it was done in the UN House bombing where the bomber drove through a disused entrance.

'Boko Haram'll not disintegrate Nigeria'

The presidential adviser on Niger Delta Affairs and chief executive officer of the Amnesty Programme, Honourable Kingsley Kuku, in Abuja, on Thursday, said the activities of the Islamic group, Boko Haram, would not lead to the break up of Nigeria.

Speaking on the implementation of the amnesty programme in the first 100 days of the present administration, Kuku said the crisis would be resolved without disintegrating the country.

He recalled that the country had gone through similar, if not greater challenges since independence, from which it emerged even stronger.

Kuku said God had been kind to Nigeria in the past, adding that he did not expect the Boko Haram insurgency to destroy the country.

On the achievements of the amnesty office, Kuku said, "I wish to report to Nigerians that in the first 100 days of the Jonathan administration, the amnesty programme for ex-militants in the Niger Delta recorded profound successes; and, as a result, peace, safety, security and development are being consolidated in the Niger Delta."

According to him, 19,000 of the total enrolled number of 20,192 in the first phase of the programme had been fully demobilised, having undertaken non-violence transformational training at the demobilisation camp, located in Obubra, Cross River State.

The final batch of 1,192, according to him, would be demobilised this month, bringing to an end, the demobilisation component of the first phase of the programme.

Kuku reiterated that the amnesty programme did not have a third phase, adding that youths who recently claimed to have surrendered their arms to security agencies would not be accepted into the programme.

He accused unnamed security men of colluding with the agitators in accepting arms from them after the amnesty had closed, instead of them treating those people as criminals in possession of arms.

Illegal immigrants: Customs boss summons state comptrollers

The Comptroller-General of Immigration, Mrs Rose Uzoma, on Thursday, read the Riot Act to the state comptrollers of immigration and other top officers of the service for allowing illegal immigrants into the country and constituting a security risk to the nation.

Mrs Uzoma, who summoned the state comptrollers of immigration service to an emergency meeting in Abuja, on the growing insecurity in the country, was worried that intelligence reports had pointed to the fact that some of the people involved in the recent bomb blasts in Nigeria were foreigners.

She urged the comptrollers to sit up, stressing that the immigration service remained the first line security agent in the country and that efforts must be made to secure the borders.

Uzoma said the government was not unaware of logistic challenges being faced by the service but said efforts were being made to address some of these operational challenges.

"I didn't call you here today for us to bemoan the lack of logistics we have. I invited all of you to sensitise you to the present challenges once more and to remind you of our duties.

"The situation today is such that, this is not the time to ask what Nigeria can do for you. This is not the time for us to bemoan budgetary insufficiency.

"This is the time for patriotism and display of rare courage and professionalism. This is the time to justify all the investment Nigerian government has made in all of you. This is the time to put to test all the trainings you have received. You just have to ignore the fact that you don't have enough and make maximum use of what you have to secure our borders and the nation," the Comptroller-General said.

Mrs Uzoma, who emphasised that she would no longer tolerate excuses from any of the state comptrollers where there were noticeable lapses, particularly blamed the security lapses being experienced on the officers in charge of the northern states.
Re: Boko Haram Plans To Bomb Defence Headquarters -report by goggs(m): 11:56pm On Sep 09, 2011
Bliss4Lyfe:

Written by Chris Agbambu and Okey Muogbo, Abuja
Friday, September 9, 2011

THE armed forces are in possession of intelligence report that the Boko Haram sect plans to bomb the Defence Headquarters, popularly called "Boat House."

Kai Naija journalist. Its called SHIP HOUSE
Re: Boko Haram Plans To Bomb Defence Headquarters -report by OAM4J: 2:10am On Sep 10, 2011
@Bliss4Lyfe

Please dont forget to always add your source link. It is very important. Thanks.

Source: http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/front-page-news/27992-boko-haram-plans-to-bomb-defence-headquarters-report
Re: Boko Haram Plans To Bomb Defence Headquarters -report by Kobojunkie: 2:13am On Sep 10, 2011
E be like say this terrorist thing don give our journalist something to play with.
Re: Boko Haram Plans To Bomb Defence Headquarters -report by groovie(m): 2:45am On Sep 10, 2011
mhen our dear nigerian govt especially d security agency have 2 widen their scope of thinkin. Ppl who can afford 10mil for a suicide bomba can also afford rockets. Wat if dey decide 2 use even ordinary RPG nko. And the soldiers are blokin d gate waiting for one mad man who would drive through d gates. Dey have 2 take d war 2 dem and nt cower in d name of defence if eva we are goin 2 be free frm dis menace. In d nearest future dis guys will form a stronghold in d north dat will almost be impossible 2 infiltrate. OUR GENERALS ARE BUSY GROWIN POTBELLIES WEN DEY SHLD BE THINKIN.infiltrate. OUR GENERALS ARE BUSY GROWIN POTBELLIES WEN DEY SHLD BE THINKIN.
Re: Boko Haram Plans To Bomb Defence Headquarters -report by SubmitForu: 4:12am On Sep 10, 2011
wew
Re: Boko Haram Plans To Bomb Defence Headquarters -report by 2mch(m): 4:32am On Sep 10, 2011
Pure comedy. The giant of Africa military is about to be purely disgraced. This will be unbelievable until i see the news. If Boko can do this, then they just stepped the f*uck up. Thats ball*s
Re: Boko Haram Plans To Bomb Defence Headquarters -report by velo10: 4:51am On Sep 10, 2011
Bombing Defense Headquarters? I'm sure our security agencies are simply playing guesswork theories
Re: Boko Haram Plans To Bomb Defence Headquarters -report by blackbeau1(f): 5:04am On Sep 10, 2011
angry
Re: Boko Haram Plans To Bomb Defence Headquarters -report by fbude: 6:17am On Sep 10, 2011
IBB,Atiku,Chiroma,Dambazu and the entire
executive members of the Northern Political
Leaders Forum they are responsible for this
bombing and killing in Nigeria.They sponsor
Boko Haram.
Re: Boko Haram Plans To Bomb Defence Headquarters -report by Acutex: 7:20am On Sep 10, 2011
^^Dude, ure one hell of a m.O.R.O.N!! Two heads are better dan 1 but with u, one head is better dan none, Can u stop spewing spam and act sane?? Better still bore a hole thru ya head 4 good measure, Haba!! angry
Re: Boko Haram Plans To Bomb Defence Headquarters -report by MrMurdah: 7:33am On Sep 10, 2011
@ abujazz with 24 posts one wud have thot at least half of your brain shud be functioning enough to know that you post is spammy and redundant.

Kay Johnson?

Your name sounds like a Blue Movie Star's.

And the star let his number too.

Nairalanders all over the world.

Please flash this guy at every hour of the day.

Make him go kolomental.

Seun get this guy outta here and block him out for good measure.
Re: Boko Haram Plans To Bomb Defence Headquarters -report by fbude: 7:38am On Sep 10, 2011
Boko Haram.
Re: Boko Haram Plans To Bomb Defence Headquarters -report by AYODEJI4LOVE(m): 8:43am On Sep 10, 2011
Mr Murdah:

@ abujazz with 24 posts one wud have thot at least half of your brain shud be functioning enough to know that you post is spammy and redundant.

Kay Johnson?

Your name sounds like a Blue Movie Star's.

And the star let his number too.

Nairalanders all over the world.

Please flash this guy at every hour of the day.

Make him go kolomental.

Seun get this guy outta here and block him out for good measure.
i agree wit u,i wonder d correlation btw bokom haram and bore hole,wil u use ur driling machine 2 detect where d boko haram are staying.
Re: Boko Haram Plans To Bomb Defence Headquarters -report by Nobody: 8:46am On Sep 10, 2011
@mr murdah. Lol at blue movie star name kay johnson. @all NL's, Let d flashing begin.
Re: Boko Haram Plans To Bomb Defence Headquarters -report by grafikii: 8:55am On Sep 10, 2011
fd ube or what, where are your facts, i am sick of nigerians openinig their mouth just fo talking sake. can we be objective for once? when did we become so daft.Sometimes i being nigeria because of the we act.
Re: Boko Haram Plans To Bomb Defence Headquarters -report by Mobsync(m): 9:16am On Sep 10, 2011
[center]Fill in the gap below[/center]
(1)When Odi killed some soldiers, the entire village was overran and burnt by the military, Some policemen killed a soldier and the station was attacked, some Boko Haram attacked the Defence Quarters and ___________(20 marks)
Re: Boko Haram Plans To Bomb Defence Headquarters -report by bubujean: 9:33am On Sep 10, 2011
Boko Haram.

Gbam! Supported.
Re: Boko Haram Plans To Bomb Defence Headquarters -report by anukulapo: 10:53am On Sep 10, 2011
The defence HQ is not the "ship house", Ship house na ministry of defence.

I been pass the defence HQ and i see say them don baricade one part of the two motorable road(leaving the other side).

You no even fit waka pass the front of the defence HQ except you walk on the Agura hotel side.

Make i join my intellegence help the military.I no look around but,like they did at the UN house,them fit no pass gate ooo, what bout the fenceSoldiers no man that side. The radio House nko i think they need to seceure that one too cos the guys fit wan pass there.

God go deliver them into the hands of the NA/NN/NAF na then dem go know say POLICE NA THEIR FRIEND
Re: Boko Haram Plans To Bomb Defence Headquarters -report by jamace(m): 10:58am On Sep 10, 2011
At the rate in which Nigerians, including security personnel,  are hustling for kudi, owo and ego these days, Boko Haram can easily find an ally in an insider by merely flashing kudi, owo and ego at his face.  grin grin
Re: Boko Haram Plans To Bomb Defence Headquarters -report by Haryobame: 11:17am On Sep 10, 2011
Laughin, make dem give.me , general. Post. Den.naija go see change,
Re: Boko Haram Plans To Bomb Defence Headquarters -report by Nobody: 11:20am On Sep 10, 2011
grin grin imagine! people still believe this small boys boko haram are this sophisticated? Sentiments and fear is a modafkr. If we go wake up and demand justice and security, if not  cry cry
Re: Boko Haram Plans To Bomb Defence Headquarters -report by cap28: 11:43am On Sep 10, 2011
Nigeria - you are well and truly under attack from the CIA - now you will begin to understand what it feels like to have your nation totally and completely hijacked the way libya was hijacked by NATO terrorists and their traitor accomplices.

anyone who still beleives that boko haram is an islamic outfit run by northern nigerians needs help - this has CIA written all over it.  do you want to tell me that a nigerian terrorist outfit would dare threaten to attack the nigerian defence headquarters?  remember how libya's fake uprising started?  was it not military barracks and police stations that were the first to be attacked? it was only much later that the british boasted in one of their newspapers (the telegraph) that they were on ground in libya as far back as January this year fomenting all of the chaos that precipitated the ongoing turmoil in libya.

its time to wake up - nigeria is under attack from the west - this is no longer a joke.
Re: Boko Haram Plans To Bomb Defence Headquarters -report by AMINSCO(m): 12:08pm On Sep 10, 2011
PLS B HARAM SPARE OUR COUNTRY,KILLNG OF INNOCENT
CITIZENS OF NAIJA IS NOT D ANSWER TO UR QUEST.
BUT THIS TIME AROUND GOING TO BOMB D/H U GUYS RE
DEAD.COS MILITRY RE NOT POLICE.BE WARND AND THIS
IS MY ADVICE.
Re: Boko Haram Plans To Bomb Defence Headquarters -report by kevoh(m): 12:08pm On Sep 10, 2011
Mobsync:

[center]Fill in the gap below[/center]
(1)When Odi killed some soldiers, the entire village was overran and burnt by the military, Some policemen killed a soldier and the station was attacked, some Boko Haram attacked the Defence Quarters and  nothing was done  smiley(20 marks)

Re: Boko Haram Plans To Bomb Defence Headquarters -report by pereze: 2:27pm On Sep 10, 2011
dabrake:

poverty is not good. i swear.
who should give u a try, boko haram?
AYODEJI4LOVE:

i agree wit u,i wonder d correlation btw bokom haram and bore hole,wil u use your driling machine 2 detect where d boko haram are staying.
The young man is making ends meet, I don't see it as hunger. Let's give him a chance!
Re: Boko Haram Plans To Bomb Defence Headquarters -report by Israehell(m): 2:29pm On Sep 10, 2011
Oh God make this country safe and secure generous and comfortable
Oh God secure us from harm in our nation and amend our leaders and those responsible of us
Oh God let us love one another
Oh God destroy the forces of evil no mater how big or small
Oh You who owns this life and the hereafter and who to Him is the meeting
You are the most Merciful the Almighty
Re: Boko Haram Plans To Bomb Defence Headquarters -report by Israehell(m): 2:30pm On Sep 10, 2011
Oh God secure us from harm in our nation and amend our leaders and those responsible of us
Re: Boko Haram Plans To Bomb Defence Headquarters -report by Israehell(m): 2:37pm On Sep 10, 2011
Re: Boko Haram Plans To Bomb Defence Headquarters -report by psalmizt(m): 2:42pm On Sep 10, 2011
cap28:

Nigeria - you are well and truly under attack from the CIA - now you will begin to understand what it feels like to have your nation totally and completely hijacked the way libya was hijacked by NATO terrorists and their traitor accomplices.

anyone who still beleives that boko haram is an islamic outfit run by northern nigerians needs help - this has CIA written all over it.  do you want to tell me that a nigerian terrorist outfit would dare threaten to attack the nigerian defence headquarters?  remember how libya's fake uprising started?  was it not military barracks and police stations that were the first to be attacked? it was only much later that the british boasted in one of their newspapers (the telegraph) that they were on ground in libya as far back as January this year fomenting all of the chaos that precipitated the ongoing turmoil in libya.

its time to wake up - nigeria is under attack from the west - this is no longer a joke.

Although this sounds like a conspiracy theory, i can't help but to think there myt be some element of truth in this, Unfortunately, our leaders follow whateva the "oyibo man" says sheepishly no wonder our forefathers were ferried to the Europe and the Americas in chains. Thanks to wikileaks we have found out that our leaders openly divurge information to the American Consulate as if Nigeria is an Annex of the Americans. I am baffled at the "unintelligence" of the Nigerian Intelligence community, because they are obviously clueless about the situation, The question everybody needs to get straight is, why does someone want the Nation to break up? Why are we so awestruck by the determination by this elements? Why are we fyting so hard to keep the nation 1? Why has there not been 1 high profile arrest? Why is someone like buhari crying all over the place about an election he lost so woefully?

Me thinks it is high time we do something about this unholy alliance as the law is not equally applied to all and sundry. The north practices sharia, the south practices the english law. We really need to redesign the Nation Nigeria. Someone pls help play back the speeches by babaginda, Atiku etal in the run up to the PDP primaries and then we can start tracing this senseless killing all around the North,  angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Road Show: Enter Gov. Okorocha’s Imo State - May 2013. (photo News). / The Woman Who Jumped Into The Lagoon Is ALIVE!! / Ekiti Assembly Gets New Speaker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.