Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,161 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:07 PM

Ekiti Indigenes Abroad Donate 15,000 Sandals Worth N48M To Pupils - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti Indigenes Abroad Donate 15,000 Sandals Worth N48M To Pupils (4599 Views)

Rigging Tape: Ekiti Indigenes Differ On Calls For Probe / I’ve Secured Federal Govt. Jobs For Three Ekiti Indigenes- Fayose / Fayose Secures SSS, Foreign Affairs Jobs For Ekiti Indigenes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ekiti Indigenes Abroad Donate 15,000 Sandals Worth N48M To Pupils by Nobody: 5:02pm On Sep 10, 2011
This is just one of the things my people are doing/ planning in Ekiti.

We dont like to make noise until it's done. Kudos to Ekiti Parapo chapter in USA/ everywhere else. Kudos to Fayemi for being a trustworthy Govenor because during Oni's administration, a lot of Ekiti ppl would not have trusted their "donations" to reach who it was supposed to reach.

I heard that Fayose (LP) wants Ekiti in the next election. . . . my own is, if you your witches are not powerful enough, do not encroach on our territory.
Re: Ekiti Indigenes Abroad Donate 15,000 Sandals Worth N48M To Pupils by Ryabcool(m): 5:49pm On Sep 10, 2011
noskeybaba:

I CANT STOP PICTURING THIS ON MY HEAD. "pupils wearing designers sandals (probably Gucci) with tartered clothes to schl. (ie if they paid schl fees). They should hav thought of somthing better to do with their money, may be buy books or renovate the schl or improve on the infrastructure. Who d fu*k gave them the idea of sandals? (probably ekiti ppl dnt have shoes or their ppl in diaspora are even more dumb than d village ekiti indigen) cheesy
And again 48 mil for mere sandal? Thats ridiculous. That amount can buy sandals for all d abokis in d 12 states of d north tongue

see this first class monkey, Ogbeni, is it their duty to pay for their school fees and provide books? Last time i checked, it was the government that was supposed to provide those amenities. Those people did their quota which no one asked of them and instead of you to be appreciative that they at least did something tangible unlike your dry criticizing self, you unleash your atomic brain and try to feed us with crap. Tell me, what has your sorry ass done to improve this country? For your mind you don talk something sensible. Abeg Get your no good ass off this forum if your senselessness persists. Mschew!!! Ode oshi!
Re: Ekiti Indigenes Abroad Donate 15,000 Sandals Worth N48M To Pupils by mekaboy(m): 11:30pm On Sep 10, 2011

I THINK THIS MONEY COULD BUILD A SANDAL PRODUCING FACTORY IN EKITI. PROVIDING THE SANDALS AND EMPLOYMENT.
Re: Ekiti Indigenes Abroad Donate 15,000 Sandals Worth N48M To Pupils by Kobojunkie: 11:50pm On Sep 10, 2011
noskeybaba:

I CANT STOP PICTURING THIS ON MY HEAD. "pupils wearing designers sandals (probably Gucci) with tartered clothes to schl. (ie if they paid schl fees). They should hav thought of somthing better to do with their money, may be buy books or renovate the schl or improve on the infrastructure. Who d fu*k gave them the idea of sandals? (probably ekiti ppl dnt have shoes or their ppl in diaspora are even more dumb than d village ekiti indigen) cheesy
And again 48 mil for mere sandal? Thats ridiculous. That amount can buy sandals for all d abokis in d 12 states of d north tongue

I am not going to say you are 100% wrong but I do see the good in what these people did. These are mere citizens who DO NOT necessarily make money from Ekiti, and majority of them probably OWE none of the kids anything. But they took out of their pockets to help brighten the days of those who are less fortunate. That, in Nigeria, is a huge deal considering we are talking of a country where SELFISHNESS is tops on the list of most.

Now, I know this is not going to make a dent in the problems in Ekiti, and will likely not improve the education system or raise the literacy rate in that state, but imagine, putting a smile on a child's face. That is awesome!
Re: Ekiti Indigenes Abroad Donate 15,000 Sandals Worth N48M To Pupils by 2mch(m): 11:57pm On Sep 10, 2011
This is a very good move for the poor pupils who cannot afford basic clothing items. At least they did something to help. The price of these sandals also show that they were not exporting cheap and second hand material just for publicity. These people mean business. I think they should set up scholarship funds too for university graduates, so that their poor but brilliant indigenes can have opportunities where it is lacking. Maybe a study abroad scholarship providing the person signs an undertaking to come back and work for the Ekiti government to improve the state. This will work as long as parasites like PDP members are not allowed to return, which i doubt. Good move all the same.
Re: Ekiti Indigenes Abroad Donate 15,000 Sandals Worth N48M To Pupils by Beaf: 12:03am On Sep 11, 2011
The Ekiti people abroad did very very well, but IMHO next time they should buy books instead.
NL peeps, this is a challenge to you. Why not gather together to donate things of value to the poor in Nigeria? Little things can go a long way and change the destinies of the downtrodden.

God blesses a generous heart.
Re: Ekiti Indigenes Abroad Donate 15,000 Sandals Worth N48M To Pupils by folahann(m): 1:02am On Sep 11, 2011
Good to hear, music to the ears
Re: Ekiti Indigenes Abroad Donate 15,000 Sandals Worth N48M To Pupils by Nobody: 1:52am On Sep 11, 2011
Beaf:

The Ekiti people abroad did very very well, but IMHO next time they should buy books instead.
NL peeps, this is a challenge to you. Why not gather together to donate things of value to the poor in Nigeria? Little things can go a long way and change the destinies of the downtrodden.

God blesses a generous heart.
Kobojunkie:

I am not going to say you are 100% wrong but I do see the good in what these people did. These are mere citizens who DO NOT necessarily make money from Ekiti, and majority of them probably OWE none of the kids anything. But they took out of their pockets to help brighten the days of those who are less fortunate. That, in Nigeria, is a huge deal considering we are talking of a country where SELFISHNESS is tops on the list of most.

Now, I know this is not going to make a dent in the problems in Ekiti, and will likely not improve the education system or raise the literacy rate in that state, but imagine, putting a smile on a child's face. That is awesome!

Thanks you two.

KoboJ, you surprised me this time, you know. I'm pleasantly shocked.
Re: Ekiti Indigenes Abroad Donate 15,000 Sandals Worth N48M To Pupils by Kobojunkie: 1:54am On Sep 11, 2011
^^^ Please stop. I am not with you on this one, and many other comments you post on issues these days. My comment, is just that, mine!
Re: Ekiti Indigenes Abroad Donate 15,000 Sandals Worth N48M To Pupils by Nobody: 1:55am On Sep 11, 2011
I noticed your subtleness. I'm sure you're pissed.
Is it something we can discuss?
Re: Ekiti Indigenes Abroad Donate 15,000 Sandals Worth N48M To Pupils by Nobody: 2:50am On Sep 11, 2011
So that's my answer, Kobo J? embarassed
Re: Ekiti Indigenes Abroad Donate 15,000 Sandals Worth N48M To Pupils by hustler2(m): 7:08am On Sep 11, 2011
These are the kinda stuffs i like to hear, Thumbs up wink
Re: Ekiti Indigenes Abroad Donate 15,000 Sandals Worth N48M To Pupils by bloodless: 10:32pm On Sep 11, 2011
most of yall are sitting on your bottom's doing nothing while typing on nairaland criticizing those who have picked an area to change something, If you think they should have bought books? then pick up your pen or laptop and start a movement to fund books for ekiti, even if its 1 book, that 1 book could make a difference that you can't phantom, So as opposed to the usual nigerian sit down and criticize everything can we just appreciate this for what it is, An act of kindness, FFS
Re: Ekiti Indigenes Abroad Donate 15,000 Sandals Worth N48M To Pupils by kabba7(m): 11:07pm On Sep 11, 2011
Country people let copy a good thing or 2 from Ekiti.Ekiti Kete !!!
Re: Ekiti Indigenes Abroad Donate 15,000 Sandals Worth N48M To Pupils by Kennyyo: 7:21am On Sep 12, 2011
Its a shame some people don't just think before commenting. First of all is it their responsibility to pay school fees, provide shoes, books or whatever? If they havr chosen to buy shoes then so be it. Dumb people if u divide 45m by 15000 it comes to three thousand naira for crying out load. Think naija think before opening ya big mouth on ur empty head.
Re: Ekiti Indigenes Abroad Donate 15,000 Sandals Worth N48M To Pupils by itiswell1(m): 7:56am On Sep 12, 2011
kabba7:

Country people let copy a good thing or 2 from Ekiti.Ekiti Kete !!!

Well spoken.
Re: Ekiti Indigenes Abroad Donate 15,000 Sandals Worth N48M To Pupils by Lanrefemi: 11:37pm On Sep 12, 2011
Everybody criticizing this gesture from Ekiti Indigenes abroad should be ashamed of themselves, after all kids might not need to live on aids or charity if we have good government.
We should all start thinking of how we can be a blessing to people that are less privilege Instead of criticizing those that are doing the 'little' they can.

Hin o ra o Ekiti kete.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Oyakhilome-owned Superscreen Television Workers Protest 7 Month Unpaid Salary / Niger Delta Govs Blew N7.3tr In 13 Years Clark / Onitsha Protest: Arase Orders Arrest Of Pro-biafra, MASSOB Agitators

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.