Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,182 members, 7,818,580 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:12 PM

Population Statistics Of Christians & Muslims In Northern Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Population Statistics Of Christians & Muslims In Northern Nigeria (7863 Views)

Bishop Kukah: Irresponsible Leaders Causing Rift Between Christians, Muslims / Statistics Of Registered Voters For 2019 Elections / People That Steal Nigeria’s Resources Are Both Christians & Muslims - Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Population Statistics Of Christians & Muslims In Northern Nigeria by ACCURETE(m): 2:07pm On Feb 10, 2023
Digitron:
There is no state in North West that has up to 15% Christians outside Kadunna.

Kogi has slightly more muslims than Christians.

Kwara has less than 20% christians.

Lets be realistic
KOGI STATE shock me
Re: Population Statistics Of Christians & Muslims In Northern Nigeria by Vado(m): 2:09pm On Feb 10, 2023
Digitron:

Lets be realistic

You are very funny. In Ilorin metropolis, you will count 5-10 churches before you see one mosque. Your opinion of Kwara is laughable. We would be operating Sharia law if that was the case but such can never work here, booze is sold nearly everywhere. Kwara South is predominantly indigenous Christian population. Even the recent noises about hijab was enough to show you that Christians are no pushovers in Kwara. We are nothing less than 40% here and I am being modest.

6 Likes

Re: Population Statistics Of Christians & Muslims In Northern Nigeria by senatordave1(m): 2:11pm On Feb 10, 2023
ImmaculateJOE:

I'm beginning to suspect that you yourself is a Muslim..

What's this..?

I expected you to add your corrections.must I be biased towards xtianity? I believe they are slightly more muslims in Adamawa but I chose to leave it equal

1 Like

Re: Population Statistics Of Christians & Muslims In Northern Nigeria by ImmaculateJOE(m): 2:18pm On Feb 10, 2023
senatordave1:

Everyone does but not like xtians.we are always suspicious.if muslins go on conversion,we start attacking them meanwhile Christians evangelize more
Nope, I don't agree.. Most the guys calling out the OP are Christians..

Let a Muslim create similar thread and exaggerate the Muslim population in the South, none of his Muslim brothers will call him out.. Northern Muslim are the most hypocritical humans in West Africa..

2 Likes

Re: Population Statistics Of Christians & Muslims In Northern Nigeria by senatordave1(m): 2:19pm On Feb 10, 2023
ImmaculateJOE:

Nope, I don't agree.. Most the guys calling out the OP are Christians..

Let a Muslim create similar thread and exaggerate the Muslim population in the South, none of his Muslim brothers will call him out.. Northern Muslim are the most hypocritical humans in West Africa..

Apart from edo,you won't see 5% Muslims in se ss

2 Likes

Re: Population Statistics Of Christians & Muslims In Northern Nigeria by Digitron: 2:22pm On Feb 10, 2023
senatordave1:

I like your sincerity and honesty....it is too late to do anything reasonable.those parties are entrenched in those two states.you csn deny apc 25% in aks but you can deny pdp.pdp will almost certainly win aks...
You can deny pdp 25% in crs but not apc.apc has a good chance of winning.there are so many communities labour have not penetrated and lp can't do that even in one month..
I still insist that labour will struggle in bayelsa.

One thing you underate is the influence of urban voters on rural dwellers. All i need to do to convience my grandpa and grandma is to tell them where to vote. So, you are going to be seeing so many of such things.

I know you are dazzled by the grassroot campaign by APC in Cross river. People are not fools. Many people will vote for APC candidates in other position and vote obi for president.

If it was that simple, a litany of Rochas, Hope Uzodinwa, Osita Izunaso et all would have delivered Imo to APC in 2019.

Akwa Ibom and CRS are sure for LP, the question is what is the margin?

2 Likes

Re: Population Statistics Of Christians & Muslims In Northern Nigeria by frank14011991(m): 2:24pm On Feb 10, 2023
Pierocash:
Muslims always want to paint this picture that Nigeria is a Muslim state when actually the reverse is the case.

The reason northern Muslims make too much noise is because Christian community in the north are docile and don't like participating in politics.

Look at Kaduna for instance,how can Christians be more than Muslims but Muslims are ruling them, no be juju be that?
so you believe what that guy wrote up there?
Re: Population Statistics Of Christians & Muslims In Northern Nigeria by oyichi: 2:27pm On Feb 10, 2023
senatordave1:

Pure rubbish...

Adamawa Christians 50% Muslims 50%

Taraba Christian 55% Muslims 45%

Gombe Christians 30% muslims 70%

Bauchi Christians 10% muslims 90%

Yobe Christians 5% muslims 95%

Borno Christians 8% muslims 92%

Kaduna Christian 48% muslims 52%

Katsina Christians 3% muslims 97%

Jigawa Christian 4% Muslims 96%

Kano Christian 10% Muslims 90%

Kebbi Christian 25% muslims 75%

Sokoto Christian 9% Muslims 91%

Zamfara Christians 1% muslims 99%

Kwara Christians 30% muslims 70%

Niger Christian 27% muslims 73%

Kogi Christian 49% muslims 51%

Nasarawa Christians 54% muslims 46%

Plateau Christians 75% muslims 25%

Benue Christians 93% Muslims 3%

Fct Christians 50% Muslims
I stopped reading this trash when I saw your taraba state population of Christians

Re: Population Statistics Of Christians & Muslims In Northern Nigeria by ImmaculateJOE(m): 2:28pm On Feb 10, 2023
Digitron:

One thing you underate is the influence of urban voters on rural dwellers. All i need to do to convience my grandpa and grandma is to tell them where to vote. So, you are going to be seeing so many of such things.

I know you are dazzled by the grassroot campaign by APC in Cross river. People are not fools. Many people will vote for APC candidates in other position and vote obi for president.

If it was that simple, a litany of Rochas, Hope Uzodinwa, Osita Izunaso et all would have delivered Imo to APC in 2019.

I still have my fears of AKS going to LP.
APC surely has no chance in AKS, but PDP could just win slightly..
Same as Bayelsa.

I'm so sure of Obi winning Rivers, Edo CRS, & Delta.

1 Like

Re: Population Statistics Of Christians & Muslims In Northern Nigeria by Igba123: 2:28pm On Feb 10, 2023
sarkinbauchi:
GENUINE POPULATION STATISTICS OF CHRISTIANS & MUSLIMS IN NORTHERN NIGERIA BY GEO-POLITICAL ZONES

1) NORTH-EAST:
Adamawa State: 60% Christians 40% Muslims.

Taraba State: 75% Christians 25% Muslims

Gombe State: 45% Christians 55% Muslims

Borno State: 30% Christians 70% Muslims

Bauchi State: 30% Christians 70% Muslims

Yobe State: 25% Christians 75% Muslims

2) NORTH-CENTRAL
Benue State: 95% Christians 5% Muslims

Plateau State: 90% Christians 10% Muslims

Nasarawa State: 70% Christians 10% Muslims 20% Traditional

Kogi state 60% Christians 40% Muslims

Kwara State: 40% Christians 60% Muslims

Niger State: 40% Christians 30% Muslims 30% Traditional

3) NORTH-WEST:
Kano State: 25% Christians 75% Muslims

Jigawa State: 15% Christians 85% Muslims

Katsina State: 30% Christians 70% Muslims

Sokoto State: 10% Christians 90% Muslims

Zamfara State 20% Christians 80% Muslims

Kebbi State 30% Christians 60% Muslims 10% Traditional

Kaduna State: 55% Christians 45% Muslims
what is your source please?
Re: Population Statistics Of Christians & Muslims In Northern Nigeria by senatordave1(m): 2:29pm On Feb 10, 2023
Digitron:

The urban voters have influence on the rural both the local politicians have a bigger influence.unlike in cities where each man votes independently, they dont do so in the villages.they meet as a unit and decide en bloc.again,they are easily swayed by candidates and parties that consult them.if lp do not visit a particular village,do not expect much votes there.they are like university sug elections,they take consultations seriously.those apc campaign may not sway you but it dazzles them.
You also know many in akwa cross are anti Biafra and have deep mistrust for ibos due to first republic politics and civil war experiences.
Re: Population Statistics Of Christians & Muslims In Northern Nigeria by ImmaculateJOE(m): 2:29pm On Feb 10, 2023
senatordave1:

Apart from edo,you won't see 5% Muslims in se ss
But the Muslim north wouldn't believe so..

1 Like

Re: Population Statistics Of Christians & Muslims In Northern Nigeria by senatordave1(m): 2:32pm On Feb 10, 2023
[quote author=oyichi post=120790832][/quote]

Taraba could be 60% 40%

1 Like

Re: Population Statistics Of Christians & Muslims In Northern Nigeria by OfficialAPCNig: 2:33pm On Feb 10, 2023
senatordave1:

Pure rubbish...

So there are more Christians in Kano than Katsina? Travel, una say no.

Katsina has the most population of indigenous Hausa Christians. There are so many villages in Katsina you won't see a single Moslem.

35% Christian

65% moslems

4 Likes

Re: Population Statistics Of Christians & Muslims In Northern Nigeria by senatordave1(m): 2:34pm On Feb 10, 2023
ImmaculateJOE:

I still have my fears of AKS going to LP.
APC surely has no chance in AKS, but PDP could just win slightly..
Same as Bayelsa.

I'm so sure of Obi winning Rivers, Edo CRS, & Delta.

Apc can never win aks even in guber but they can win crs and bayelsa.in crs,lp campaign is mainly financed by just one man and the load is too much on him.he can't match the governor... Last last,na money
Re: Population Statistics Of Christians & Muslims In Northern Nigeria by Igba123: 2:40pm On Feb 10, 2023
This looks more like it except Niger where I am currently based which has up to 35% Christian population and large population of traditionalists which are usually Muslim friendly, and katsina where I am sure has up to 10% indigenous Christian population. I lived in for about 20 years. I have been to about 27 of katsina 34lga. I don't know about other states but yours is more like real.
senatordave1:

Pure rubbish...

Re: Population Statistics Of Christians & Muslims In Northern Nigeria by ImmaculateJOE(m): 2:41pm On Feb 10, 2023
senatordave1:

Pure rubbish...

NE.
Adamawa. Christian 51% Muslim 49%
Taraba. Christian 70% Muslim 30%
Gombe. Christian 30% Muslim 70%
Borno. Christian 15% Muslim 85%
Yobe. Christian 10% Muslim 90%
Bauchi. Christian 20% Muslim 80%

NW.
Kano. Christian 15% Muslim 85%
Kaduna. Christian 52% Muslim 48%
Kastina. Christian 8% Muslim 92%
Kebbi. Christian 20% Muslim 80%
Sokoto. Christian 10% Muslim 90%
Zamfara. Christian 4% Muslim 96%
Jigawa. Christian 7% Muslim 93%

NC
Benue. Christian 90% Muslim 10%
Plateau. Christian 80% Muslim 20%
Nasarawa Christian 55% Muslim 45%
Kogi. Christian 45% Muslim 55%
Kwara Christian 35% Muslim 65%
Niger. Christian 35% Muslim 65%

FCT. Christian 65% Muslim 35%..

1 Like

Re: Population Statistics Of Christians & Muslims In Northern Nigeria by senatordave1(m): 2:44pm On Feb 10, 2023
Igba123:
This looks more like it except Niger where I am currently based which has up to 35% Christian population and large population of traditionalists which are usually Muslim friendly, and katsina where I am sure has up to 10% indigenous Christian population. I lived in for about 20 years. I have been to about 27 of katsina 34lga. I don't know about other states but yours is more like real.

Can tinubu win niger? Which lgas are Christian dominated
Re: Population Statistics Of Christians & Muslims In Northern Nigeria by ImmaculateJOE(m): 2:46pm On Feb 10, 2023
OfficialAPCNig:

So there are more Christians in Kano than Katsina? Travel, una say no.

Katsina has the most population of indigenous Hausa Christians. There are so many villages in Katsina you won't see a single Moslem.

35% Christian

65% moslems
Lil serious..?

Kastina has good numbers of Christians.?
Re: Population Statistics Of Christians & Muslims In Northern Nigeria by ObiaboAdoka(m): 2:48pm On Feb 10, 2023
Digitron:

Kwara has less than 20% christians.y

Lets be realistic
Kebbi state is more than 25%

1 Like

Re: Population Statistics Of Christians & Muslims In Northern Nigeria by Ezeama400: 2:48pm On Feb 10, 2023
ImmaculateJOE:

NE.

NW.

NC

This one is realistic, unlike what that Senatordave1 posted because he's Tinubu supporter

1 Like

Re: Population Statistics Of Christians & Muslims In Northern Nigeria by senatordave1(m): 2:50pm On Feb 10, 2023
ImmaculateJOE:

NE.

NW.

NC

This is largely acceptable but let's start with Adamawa...from our previous discourse,Adamawa central is Muslim dominated.Adamawa north is slightly Muslim dominated while south is christian dominated which means there are more muslims slightly plus we've had more Muslim govs...

If taraba has 70% xtians,they will surely produce both govs and deputy since t.y danjuma loathes Muslims.my personal analysis shows that Muslims dominate at least 6 lgas out of 16 which is more than 30%...again,presidential results are an indicator.
In bauchi,Christians only dominate 3 lgas and these 3 lgas are not up to 20% of bauchi...
In nasarawa, I dont have much facts so I'll leave it but you know Muslims dominate the polity.for fct,it is in the north so I don't see how Muslims will be less than 40%

1 Like

Re: Population Statistics Of Christians & Muslims In Northern Nigeria by tempest01(m): 2:56pm On Feb 10, 2023
There have saturated the internet and minds of the Christians with fake statistics. They were so scared shitty that they had to remove religion from the upcoming census.

The docile Christians. It's time to rise. The giant that has been told it is a rat. It is time to align with your brothers not and south and use your numbers to your advantage.

2 Likes

Re: Population Statistics Of Christians & Muslims In Northern Nigeria by wonder233: 2:57pm On Feb 10, 2023
Hahahahahahaaa delusional post!
Re: Population Statistics Of Christians & Muslims In Northern Nigeria by Kennyfancy(m): 2:59pm On Feb 10, 2023
Digitron:

Lets be realistic
even with Kwara and kogi statement,you have goof already

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Population Statistics Of Christians & Muslims In Northern Nigeria by wonder233: 3:11pm On Feb 10, 2023
OP is delusional, the same Kebbi I served and toured its length and breadth is what you're allocating 30%Christianity to? Where you see am? In Badariya abi where?
Let me edit your stats so you don't mislead others.
1) NORTH-EAST:
Adamawa State: 20% Christians 80% Muslims.

Taraba State: 60% Christians 40% Muslims

Gombe State: 20% Christians 80% Muslims

Borno State: 10% Christians 90% Muslims

Bauchi State: 8% Christians 92% Muslims

Yobe State: 5% Christians 95% Muslims

2) NORTH-CENTRAL
Benue State: 99% Christians 1% Muslims

Plateau State: 75% Christians 25% Muslims

Nasarawa State: 20% Christians 80% Muslims

Kogi state 30% Christians 70% Muslims

Kwara State: 30% Christians 70% Muslims

Niger State: 10% Christians 90% Muslims

3) NORTH-WEST:
Kano State: 5% Christians(non indigenes) 95% Muslims

Jigawa State: 1% Christiansnon indigenes) 99% Muslims

Katsina State: 1% Christians(non indigenes) 99% Muslims

Sokoto State: 1% Christians(non indigenes) 99% Muslims

Zamfara State 1% Christians(non indigenes) 99% Muslims

Kebbi State 1% Christians(non indigenes) 99% Muslims

Kaduna State: 25% Christians 75% Muslims
sarkinbauchi:
GENUINE POPULATION STATISTICS OF CHRISTIANS & MUSLIMS IN NORTHERN NIGERIA BY GEO-POLITICAL ZONES

1) NORTH-EAST:

2) NORTH-CENTRAL

3) NORTH-WEST:

Re: Population Statistics Of Christians & Muslims In Northern Nigeria by ImmaculateJOE(m): 3:16pm On Feb 10, 2023
senatordave1:

This is largely acceptable but let's start with Adamawa...from our previous discourse,Adamawa central is Muslim dominated.Adamawa north is slightly Muslim dominated while south is christian dominated which means there are more muslims slightly plus we've had more Muslim govs...

If taraba has 70% xtians,they will surely produce both govs and deputy since t.y danjuma loathes Muslims.my personal analysis shows that Muslims dominate at least 6 lgas out of 16 which is more than 30%...again,presidential results are an indicator.
In bauchi,Christians only dominate 3 lgas and these 3 lgas are not up to 20% of bauchi...
In nasarawa, I dont have much facts so I'll leave it but you know Muslims dominate the polity.for fct,it is in the north so I don't see how Muslims will be less than 40%
Adamawa north is slightly Christian dominated, central is slightly Muslim dominated while South has over 65% Christian population..
Re: Population Statistics Of Christians & Muslims In Northern Nigeria by CASTOSVILLA(m): 3:20pm On Feb 10, 2023
Digitron:

I am realist.

Propaganda will not help anyone.
Like I said, shut up and take several seats behind because you know nothing...
Re: Population Statistics Of Christians & Muslims In Northern Nigeria by Antivirus92(m): 3:20pm On Feb 10, 2023
TheNiceGuy:
Werey.

That sarkinbauchi is Chukwuebuka in Northern caftan.
He wants to rewrite the data of Muslim/Christian in the North because of one Pandora criminal.

Why always Igbo angry
This one don mention Igbo put for wetin no concern igbo
Re: Population Statistics Of Christians & Muslims In Northern Nigeria by senatordave1(m): 3:21pm On Feb 10, 2023
ImmaculateJOE:

Adamawa north is slightly Christian dominated, central is slightly Muslim dominated while South has over 65% Christian population..

How can you say central is slightly muslims when 4 out of 6 lgas there are muslims.in the north,mubi north and south,maiha are Muslim dominated.only michika and madagali are xtian
Re: Population Statistics Of Christians & Muslims In Northern Nigeria by NASTYNASOSO: 3:43pm On Feb 10, 2023
sarkinbauchi:

1) NORTH-EAST:

2) NORTH-CENTRAL

3) NORTH-WEST:

HMMMMM

HOW CAN YOU JUST COOK UP SOMETHING STUPID JUST TO POST
DON'T YOU HAVE ANY THONG TO DO WITH YOUR TIME?
PLEASE USE YOUR TIME TO DO JUSTICE TO YOURSELF.
Re: Population Statistics Of Christians & Muslims In Northern Nigeria by franchasng: 3:55pm On Feb 10, 2023
igbotormentor:
What about south east
99.9999% Christians
0.0001% Muslims

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bandits Prevents Farmers From Harvesting Crops In Taraba, Price Of Food Increase / INEC Registers Two More Political Parties / ...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.