Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,837 members, 7,844,706 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 06:27 AM

Naira swap: Nigeria At Risk Of CBN-Induced Recession - Nigerian Governors' Forum - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Naira swap: Nigeria At Risk Of CBN-Induced Recession - Nigerian Governors' Forum (16966 Views)

‘COVID-23’ Ravaging Nigerians Due To Cbn-induced Naira Scarcity: Ganduje / 3 Things To Know About Supreme Court Judgement On Naira Swap / Tinubu Hails Nigerian Governors Over Supreme Court Ruling On CBN Naira Swap (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira swap: Nigeria At Risk Of CBN-Induced Recession - Nigerian Governors' Forum by Anndju(m): 7:23pm On Feb 12, 2023
Why are Nigerians like this. Y'all aren't concerned about those who can't get treatment when the go to the hospital cuz of the ongoing naira crisis but just about about this said politicians..y'all can still refuse to refuse money from this politicians even if the old naira notes are circulating so no excuse of votes buying..why are we like this is so disheartening..we claim to be religious in Nigeria but we very wicked for this our country tueh..may jah save us all.. let's vote for who will take us forward..as for me Sha Atiku,Obi,Tinubu there is no difference..nothing like one is better.. I support non of em..
Re: Naira swap: Nigeria At Risk Of CBN-Induced Recession - Nigerian Governors' Forum by blowjohn(m): 7:25pm On Feb 12, 2023
kokoA:
E no touch you? Forget politics for once, CBN under Emefiele has really messed up.

I tire o.
Recession on top billionaires different from recession on top normal citizens o
Re: Naira swap: Nigeria At Risk Of CBN-Induced Recession - Nigerian Governors' Forum by femisplash: 7:25pm On Feb 12, 2023
Angelfrost:

In a sane country, Buhari would never have completed his first tenure (he would have been impeached after 2 years) not to speak of getting a second term in office!

Once again... Leave the Messenger, and face the person who sent him on this Naira errand! tongue
Abeg keep quiet, make we hear word. Emefiele is the expert here, whether Buhari sent him or not, it behooves on him as the No1 bank officer with technical expertise to advice his principal on the preparedness, dynamism and adverse effect such a policy could have on the economy. He takes the greater chunk of the blame than Buhari, no sensible person would come here to ask us to leave the messenger. I could remember the finance minister saying she wasn't aware of the policy, can you imagine.
Re: Naira swap: Nigeria At Risk Of CBN-Induced Recession - Nigerian Governors' Forum by faceland: 7:28pm On Feb 12, 2023
sharone21:
And dollar price no drop with all the recession.

Fake recession. All junior civil servants have spent their money.
At least let cost of living not go higher as everyone is looking for customer.

1 Like

Re: Naira swap: Nigeria At Risk Of CBN-Induced Recession - Nigerian Governors' Forum by faceland: 7:33pm On Feb 12, 2023
LibertyRep:
It is fine for anyone to accuse the governors of ulterior motives in this naira scarcity but you can't fault the fact that ordinary Nigerians have been at the receiving ends of this ill-thought policy, and not the governors and their immediate family members.

The governors should just grow some balls and direct their angers to the President and not the 'inmocent' CBN governor.

Their meeting is now weekly over the naira swap (also ignoring the two times they try to intimidate Buhari himself). As those above me, the fuel scarcity would be 2 years old by August 2023, why didn't they show the same concern for the masses during these 18 months of fuel scarcity?

Lets call a spade spade; they should deposit all old notes they looted in the states treasury.
Re: Naira swap: Nigeria At Risk Of CBN-Induced Recession - Nigerian Governors' Forum by crownprince23: 7:35pm On Feb 12, 2023
Northernblood8:
The way these criminal governors are fighting against naira redesign leaving fuel scarcity that is approaching 2 months now is the more reason I support naira redesign. This is definitely affecting these criminals
if not because hatred has blinded your sense of reasoning. What exactly is the economy good of naira design to you as an individual person?
Re: Naira swap: Nigeria At Risk Of CBN-Induced Recession - Nigerian Governors' Forum by chaloskyx: 7:36pm On Feb 12, 2023
Can you predict the future? no 2 people or government administrations are the same
JJuanMiguel:

There's no guarantee that things won't be worse than this under another party leadership.
Re: Naira swap: Nigeria At Risk Of CBN-Induced Recession - Nigerian Governors' Forum by yaki84: 7:41pm On Feb 12, 2023
dyera:
Between Jan 31st and Feb 10th no bank in the country performed currency swap. If take 200k old notes to the bank for swapping, the bank will collect the old notes, deposit it to your account and tell to go queue behind 200 people at the ATM to withdraw 20k new notes. Is this what you call currency swap?

The fact that CBN set old currency swap deadline when no bank in the country is swapping the old currency tells you that the current CBN is the most stupid in the history of this country.
Actually na only the south west use the notion currency swap.

What cbn did was naira redesign.
Re: Naira swap: Nigeria At Risk Of CBN-Induced Recession - Nigerian Governors' Forum by obi58: 7:49pm On Feb 12, 2023
DriveByKiller:
shut up , imbeci.le.
Aren't you seeing the long queues at ATMs and bank premises. People are even sleeping there to get their own money they toiled for.

people are suffering to get their own money to live.

Idiots like you are probably being fed by your parents so you can't relate to someone limited to just 20k per day and still can't get it.

How can anyone take you serious when of all names to choose you chose Drivebykiller?

Smh
Re: Naira swap: Nigeria At Risk Of CBN-Induced Recession - Nigerian Governors' Forum by Carlyboi(m): 7:51pm On Feb 12, 2023
Angelfrost:

In a sane country, Buhari would never have completed his first tenure (he would have been impeached after 2 years) not to speak of getting a second term in office!

Once again... Leave the Messenger, and face the person who sent him on this Naira errand! tongue

Which stupid messenger?wasn’t it the Dunderhead Emefiele who proposed the naira re-design policy alongside his fellow gangs of criminals in the so called Presidency (cabal) just to fleece the country a poorly thought-out and botched policy which has brought untold hardship on average Nigerians and this unmitigated disaster.

How can you set a deadline for the issuance of old notes when you even lack the capacity to print replacements?The old notes is largely out of circulation while the new notes are unavailable to make things worse cashless policy is at it’s all time low as you can hardly make payments with your card or do transfers as those means of payment are malfunctioning or down at the moment. Isn’t that madness?
Re: Naira swap: Nigeria At Risk Of CBN-Induced Recession - Nigerian Governors' Forum by DECLAN2015(m): 7:52pm On Feb 12, 2023
Northernblood8:
The way these criminal governors are fighting against naira redesign leaving fuel scarcity that is approaching 2 months now is the more reason I support naira redesign. This is definitely affecting these criminals

Most of u are just short sighted
It is difficult outside
U set the bush on fire just because u want to kill a rat or a BAT
Re: Naira swap: Nigeria At Risk Of CBN-Induced Recession - Nigerian Governors' Forum by blackgold2018(m): 7:54pm On Feb 12, 2023
Northernblood8:
i swear..

And some mumu poor rotten beings are praising the governors
Re: Naira swap: Nigeria At Risk Of CBN-Induced Recession - Nigerian Governors' Forum by blackgold2018(m): 7:54pm On Feb 12, 2023
Iamgrey5:
Wow wow wow.

I believed I wrote a comment about CBN self induced recession just last week.

So the Governors just realized that artificial scarcity of cash in a cash driven economy will definitely lead to low purchasing power which will inturn lead to self induced recession.

It will also give incentive for counterfeiting of the new Naira note because when demand of money is greater than the supply, criminal element will see the opportunity to make counterfeit money.
shut up
Re: Naira swap: Nigeria At Risk Of CBN-Induced Recession - Nigerian Governors' Forum by lexy2014: 8:03pm On Feb 12, 2023
jaxxy:
apc government and governors again. Useless party.

I support Emefiele 100% on the policy and timing to stop terrorist and vote buyers bt they should implement that the common man can get some limited cash for his daily use while ensuring the banks do not give money to criminals, treasury looters and vote buyers.

a saboteur governor collected 500m from a saboteur bank according to elrufai. Why hasn't he been identified and investigated.

Is it the job of cbn to stop vote buying and terrorists? How should stopping terrorism and vote buying justify starting a recession?
Re: Naira swap: Nigeria At Risk Of CBN-Induced Recession - Nigerian Governors' Forum by lexy2014: 8:05pm On Feb 12, 2023
blackgold2018:
i swear..

And some mumu poor rotten beings are praising the governors

Who are the "mumus poor rotten beings are praising the governors"? Are you supprting the CBN governor? Does that make you a "mumu poor rotten beings"? Is what the governors said true or false?
Re: Naira swap: Nigeria At Risk Of CBN-Induced Recession - Nigerian Governors' Forum by wallarwallar(m): 8:08pm On Feb 12, 2023
Northernblood8:

Mumu if dere is no money what will you use to buy fuel. Sometime transfer don't go thru and sometime u hv to wait for the person to recieve money before they will allow u 2 leave .. Stop comparing fuel scarcity to naira scarcity no be everybody dey use fuel
Re: Naira swap: Nigeria At Risk Of CBN-Induced Recession - Nigerian Governors' Forum by Laborare81: 8:12pm On Feb 12, 2023
We the Nigerian populace like the CBN policy of cash redesign. Wicked Governor una never see anything. This is just the commencement. Your evil convergent can't change anything. Naira redesign policy has come to stay.
Re: Naira swap: Nigeria At Risk Of CBN-Induced Recession - Nigerian Governors' Forum by dyera(m): 8:16pm On Feb 12, 2023
yaki84:

Feb 10th is deadline is for currency swap, not naira redesign. CBN gave Nigerians time to swap the old notes in their possession to the new notes. Meanwhile the banks were not swapping the notes.
Re: Naira swap: Nigeria At Risk Of CBN-Induced Recession - Nigerian Governors' Forum by kennyniyi: 8:16pm On Feb 12, 2023
Come February 27th latest everybody eye go don dey clear.
APC o, PDP o, LP o. We go dey alright las las.
Shege raised to power 2 multiplied by 1000

Naija the Cruise country 😂😆
Jokers citizenry and jokers leaders
Re: Naira swap: Nigeria At Risk Of CBN-Induced Recession - Nigerian Governors' Forum by WelcomeToBiafra: 8:18pm On Feb 12, 2023
The Nigeria Governors’ Forum (NGF) [/b]only alive during elections campaigns, but died during bandits attacks, and Fulani invaders attacks in our land.

[b]Where were this Nigeria Governors’ Forum (NGF) during operations python dances against Mazi Nnamdi Kanu & IPOB(Biafrans)?
Where were this Nigeria Governors’ Forum (NGF) during endsars massacred?
Where were this Nigeria Governors’ Forum (NGF) during bandits attacks?

Re: Naira swap: Nigeria At Risk Of CBN-Induced Recession - Nigerian Governors' Forum by blackgold2018(m): 8:22pm On Feb 12, 2023
lexy2014:

Who are the "mumus poor rotten beings are praising the governors"? Are you supprting the CBN governor? Does that make you a "mumu poor rotten beings"? Is what the governors said true or false?

Shut up
His point is of the governors coming out now to speak against the naira redesign only when it doesn’t favor them too

This people have never spoken against the fuel scarcity or any ill treatment against to the masses.
Re: Naira swap: Nigeria At Risk Of CBN-Induced Recession - Nigerian Governors' Forum by WelcomeToBiafra: 8:30pm On Feb 12, 2023
blackgold2018:
Shut up
His point is of the governors coming out now to speak against the naira redesign only when it doesn’t favor them too

This people have never spoken against the fuel scarcity or any ill treatment against to the masses.

Once another corrupt CBN system give them access to money for logistics to buy votes, they will all go mutes by sending armed police & soldiers against unarmed electorates after the elections.

PVC in the pocket can't stop guns and bullets on it's way to where elections are taking place.

Re: Naira swap: Nigeria At Risk Of CBN-Induced Recession - Nigerian Governors' Forum by Assetosky(m): 8:32pm On Feb 12, 2023
Tareq1105:

But do you have to do it blindly? As I speak with you, I don't have #500 in my pocket and I need to go to work tomorrow and children going to school while all Banks have shut down, ATM machines are not vomiting (dispensing) money. Would bus driver accept transfer? Is it good? Yes, it's true what you said about the governors but what about we that are not governor? May we not have emergency bcoz I don't know how one would survive it. It's ill conceived and poorly executed and Emefiele should have resigned by now in a sane country.

Don't bother reacting to that Idi^ot, he is probably living under his parents so he doesn't know what we are going through......I wanted to cook this evening but I don't have cash to buy fish and okra. No atm is paying currently in this city i am.

People are suffering and others are rejoicing as if they are not in Nigeria. This is why I don't wish Nigeria good leaders because of some characters like this.
Re: Naira swap: Nigeria At Risk Of CBN-Induced Recession - Nigerian Governors' Forum by Lamanii22(f): 8:36pm On Feb 12, 2023
Iamgrey5:
Didn't it touch you too?

Are you able to get the new notes quite easily at your location?
abi oo… it’s affecting the masses more…

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira swap: Nigeria At Risk Of CBN-Induced Recession - Nigerian Governors' Forum by Indispensable85(m): 8:38pm On Feb 12, 2023
Reinaldo:
APC and confusion.

The criminal thugs that urchins are celebrating today might become terrorists tomorrow, then same urchins will start crying. That's how it usually starts. Dey play.

I know you'll run mad some day. How is this your comment related to the topic of discussion? Mugu
Re: Naira swap: Nigeria At Risk Of CBN-Induced Recession - Nigerian Governors' Forum by Nobody: 8:39pm On Feb 12, 2023
politicoNG:

https://www.thecable.ng/breaking-nigeria-at-risk-of-cbn-induced-recession-over-naira-swap-says-ngf/amp

Nlfpmod Mynd44

In churches today, apart from people who paid Tithes & offerings through Cheques, Church POS machines and transfers, most payments in 200, 500 & 1,000 denominations in popular big Churches are in old naira notes. Announcement was made in a particular Church for people not to drop old naira notes. It was not easy. This shows that the Church management is aware that some people have no access to cash while the old naira notes are still being spent.

1 Like

Re: Naira swap: Nigeria At Risk Of CBN-Induced Recession - Nigerian Governors' Forum by drezzyx(m): 8:40pm On Feb 12, 2023
First time problem like this is affecting the rich.
Re: Naira swap: Nigeria At Risk Of CBN-Induced Recession - Nigerian Governors' Forum by jaxxy(m): 8:43pm On Feb 12, 2023
lexy2014:

Is it the job of cbn to stop vote buying and terrorists? How should stopping terrorism and vote buying justify starting a recession?

why are u bothered about cbn crushing terrorist and vote buyers funding??
Re: Naira swap: Nigeria At Risk Of CBN-Induced Recession - Nigerian Governors' Forum by Assetosky(m): 8:45pm On Feb 12, 2023
Manna5050:
My support for CBN and Buhari on this wise decision is strong, say no to vote buying, Apc candidates can't buy votes, that's why they are crying, ffk will be invited by the military soon.

Are you living in Nigeria? If no then fine,but if you are living in Nigeria and writing this trash then it means you are poor,iddle,you have no family and probably a m*ad man roaming the streets. These are the only category that are not affected by this rubbish. For me, my business has been grounded as a result and you mother f*ucker is here rejoicing
Re: Naira swap: Nigeria At Risk Of CBN-Induced Recession - Nigerian Governors' Forum by Nobody: 8:53pm On Feb 12, 2023
yaki84:

South West should be the only region that understands economics and grammar.

What is January 31 deadline stands for before it was extended to February 10? What is February 10 deadline stands for? Are they for Naira redesign?

If Emefiele were to be a Yoruba man, he would have been removed. There would have been riots. IBOs would have set Lagos on Fire. The polity would have been heated up.

This evening,I bought 5K at 6K from a POS operated by an IBO man. I swear by God, he gave me old naira notes, I have to beg him before he changed one of the old naira notes to new one. He had almost 50K, I am not sure if he has up to five new notes and customers are still buying from him.
Re: Naira swap: Nigeria At Risk Of CBN-Induced Recession - Nigerian Governors' Forum by HellVictorinho7: 9:13pm On Feb 12, 2023
PresidentAtiku:
Satan punish all of una!

Under APC we have witnessed 2 sessions of recession largely due to the inexperience and dullness of the government.

Fuel scarcity has been persistent
50Kg rice price moved from 8k PDP to 48k APC
Dollar rose from 216 PDP to 780 APC

all of you were dumb. CBN implements a policy that directly affects you all and it’s tendency to make useless, all the cash you guys hid to buy votes from Nigerians you’ve tagged zombies, y’all shouting like you care a bit. APC has made us get used to recession, so no be new thing

Thunder fire all of una
vote buying has no solution

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

You’ve No Power To Sack Elected LG Officials, S’court Tells Govs / Fashola On Live On AIT Now / NASS Resumption: DPO Leads Security At Assembly Complex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.