Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,804 members, 7,851,703 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 05:57 AM

New Naira: Falana Knocks CBN For Disobeying Supreme Court Order - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New Naira: Falana Knocks CBN For Disobeying Supreme Court Order (32395 Views)

60 Lawyers Ask Court To Jail DSS DG For Disobeying Order On Emefiele’s Release / Ibrahim Tanko Warns That Disobeying Court Orders Will Attract Grave Consequences / Lynda Chuba Ikpeazu Nominated Gbajabiamila For Speaker, Disobeying PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Naira: Falana Knocks CBN For Disobeying Supreme Court Order by rollywise(m): 4:06pm On Feb 14, 2023
apache22b:
My heartfelt pity goes to all these unrepentant Peter Obi and his Obidient's urchins thinking their Grand Master of lies and deceit will rule this Country when an able bodied, intelligent, vibrant and well educated man who has travelled far and wide and also well experienced is on the same ballot shocked

Bola Ahmed Tinubu is a man who cannot be faulted in anyway, with his wealth of experience and all he has done for Nigeria and some Nigerians , Trust me my fellow youths, Bola Ahmed Tinubu is the only man who has the capacity and energy to take this beautiful Country to greater heights and not Peter Obi and his Obidient's urchins who are known for their false figures, lies and propaganda.

My fellow youths and all Nigerian students, now is the time to take back your Country and only Bola Ahmed Tinubu can do this for us .He is the best among the rest , he's the most experienced, the most energetic, the most compassionate,the most patriotic and the best man for the Job. He has fought tirelessly for this Country even back in the military regime.

Let's all vote Bola Ahmed Tinubu for President if you want the best for Nigeria

Bola Ahmed Tinubu deserves to be our President

My fellow youths rise up and shine

Able bodied You mean Tinubu?? Are you sick You must be on a transmission highway without a down payment for a roasted corn. Did you say youths should take back their country from APC and give it to APC Your family is disappointed in you right now. Chaiiii...hmmm now I see why they say many wear fine clothes but very sick upstairs in this country....hmmmmmmmm
Re: New Naira: Falana Knocks CBN For Disobeying Supreme Court Order by Karemarealty288(m): 4:07pm On Feb 14, 2023
Putinofrussia:

Tinubu is an orphan brought up by Alhaja Tinubu Mogaji of Lagos.
Meanwhile,nobody needs your votes and that of the other imps if they prefer to waste them.
Tinubu is the next president of Nigeria this 2023.

Every orphan has origin....
Re: New Naira: Falana Knocks CBN For Disobeying Supreme Court Order by Deoo1125: 4:07pm On Feb 14, 2023
Oga osewa, please sanitize this forum and take control of the comment and post on the forum. Some loose dogs are bent on destroying the country, they see ur platform as a place to do so.

nlfpmod:

https://punchng.com/new-naira-falana-knocks-cbn-for-disobeying-supreme-court-order/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1676380639
Re: New Naira: Falana Knocks CBN For Disobeying Supreme Court Order by RotimiBliss: 4:09pm On Feb 14, 2023
angelfallz:
I was begging you people since. Don't hold old naira notes supreme court or no supreme court. I had a feeling this was going to happen. In fact 2 ladies that work in the branch of a major bank here, did not go to work yesterday and today, so, that means their bank branch is shut down. People who wanted to deposit their money(old notes) would be disappointed.
Always play it safe. Politicians are fighting each other don't be caught in the crossfire.

But are people going to starve to death when they can't access new notes?
Re: New Naira: Falana Knocks CBN For Disobeying Supreme Court Order by lexy2014: 4:09pm On Feb 14, 2023
MasterShifu010:
Na Nigerians I blame , as a Nigerian , the last thing you should ever believe in this our country is that politicians have your interests at heart .
Bandits were kidnapping people along Abuja -kaduna road , they didn’t say anything until the attack escalated to the politicians themselves , how about hidden palliatives, ASSU strikes , including hunger that dealt mercilessly with the poor , most of the people speaking against this Naira redesign , check their statements within the last 7years , they would always justify it by saying , let me quote their popular saying “ I want you all to know that this problem is not peculiar to Nigeria , it is happening in other countries , it is a global thing “…
Why are they not using this lines now , after all Nigeria is not the only country that redesigned her currency , India did theirs in 2016 , mad people everywhere .
I acknowledge that people are suffering , but if politicians are condemning this bad policy , they should also have condemned other bad policies in the past .

How does all you typed justify the suffering as a result of naira scarcity,?
Re: New Naira: Falana Knocks CBN For Disobeying Supreme Court Order by Onuoha1234(m): 4:09pm On Feb 14, 2023
Is there no way action can be taken to ensure Supreme Court Orders are obeyed promptly? Like they installed Uzodinma Gov promptly? Is the Court afraid of itself?Are the members without families who go to market to buy food? Or is that they have been given stacks of new notes.? Who can deny the pervasive agony now.!.Who will rescue us the hoi polloi now. God help us now!
Re: New Naira: Falana Knocks CBN For Disobeying Supreme Court Order by Faposky95: 4:09pm On Feb 14, 2023
Bola Ahmed Tinubu is a man who cannot be faulted in anyway,.....

Let's all vote Bola Ahmed Tinubu for President if you want the best for Nigeria

Bola Ahmed Tinubu deserves to be our President

My fellow youths rise up and shine [/quote]

.....by all I saw that the conjured up in Osum state..." Eight years for university education?!
Yeah right
Re: New Naira: Falana Knocks CBN For Disobeying Supreme Court Order by 2mch(m): 4:10pm On Feb 14, 2023
angelfallz:
I was begging you people since. Don't hold old naira notes supreme court or no supreme court. I had a feeling this was going to happen. In fact 2 ladies that work in the branch of a major bank here, did not go to work yesterday and today, so, that means their bank branch is shut down. People who wanted to deposit their money(old notes) would be disappointed.
Always play it safe. Politicians are fighting each other don't be caught in the crossfire.
Whoever wins will make accommodations. This is just the last effort of a dying dog.
Re: New Naira: Falana Knocks CBN For Disobeying Supreme Court Order by yemmit90: 4:10pm On Feb 14, 2023
OYEDIPE:

All the stupid questions you've asked are yet to bring any answer towards economic recovery, progress and growth, rather they resonate your hatred for BAT and your shallower mindset.

Kindly learn to ignore quoting these unfortunate kids who are still being feed by their parents. They have no idea of hardship and impending poverty this stupid policy has brought on the masses.

There are 3 sets of animals in Nigeria now.

1. Those politicians using this to score political points.

2. Their ignorant supporters who think the policy will prevent a particular candidate to buy votes.

3. Dependants fools like the one you just quoted.

1 Like

Re: New Naira: Falana Knocks CBN For Disobeying Supreme Court Order by oloriooko(m): 4:10pm On Feb 14, 2023
Look at this eediot, na knock he sabi knock now but during GEJ he sabi do protest, coward yoruba fuulish useless eediot
Make him go do protest if cabal no go roast him left ball
angry angry angry

nlfpmod:

https://punchng.com/new-naira-falana-knocks-cbn-for-disobeying-supreme-court-order/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1676380639
Re: New Naira: Falana Knocks CBN For Disobeying Supreme Court Order by AngelicBeing: 4:13pm On Feb 14, 2023
angry
Re: New Naira: Falana Knocks CBN For Disobeying Supreme Court Order by lexy2014: 4:14pm On Feb 14, 2023
AtikuOkowa:

Judiciary use/recognise the law

Millitary enforce/effect the law

Lets say Judiciary effect the law,the Executive will dump any law coming from Judge ASS

Can you show me where it is in the constitution that the military "enforce/effect law"?
Re: New Naira: Falana Knocks CBN For Disobeying Supreme Court Order by Minjim: 4:18pm On Feb 14, 2023
Penguin2:

Lol’

Stop wailing

Your drug lord presidential candidate will not see shishi to buy votes.

CBN didn’t disobey any court order as they were not a party to the case.

The order was given to the Federal Government and FG is not CBN.

Supreme Court has no power to issue orders to the CBN.

You people just copy and paste.

People went to court on this matter. SC can't make a pronouncement on a matter that's not before it.

CBN is independent, but Jonathan sacked Sanusi when he started exposing corruption under him
Re: New Naira: Falana Knocks CBN For Disobeying Supreme Court Order by lexy2014: 4:21pm On Feb 14, 2023
OKC22:
The Supreme court lacks the power to dictate for a financial institution like the CBN because the central bank has the sole responsibility of governing the monetary and fiscal policies of Nigeria.The supreme court is not a financial institution and knows nothing about monetary policies.

How did you arrive at the conclusions above? Do you have anywhere in the constitution to support your claims?

Pls what is a court and what is the role of the judiciary? Don't check Google.

How does the CBN having the sole responsibility of governing the monetary and fiscal policies of Nigeria exempt it from obeying supreme court decisions?

What is the sense in this statement below:

"The supreme court is not a financial institution and knows nothing about monetary policies"
Re: New Naira: Falana Knocks CBN For Disobeying Supreme Court Order by Bimpe29: 4:25pm On Feb 14, 2023
It has never been this bad.
Re: New Naira: Falana Knocks CBN For Disobeying Supreme Court Order by lexy2014: 4:30pm On Feb 14, 2023
angelfallz:

You say you have been "begging" people not to "hold old naira notes". Weldone. You tried. After they leave the notes, what will they get in return? Is that your definition of "playing safe"?

You are also saying that those who wanted to deposit their money will be disappointed? Why should they be disappointed? Those that have deposited theirs, do they have money to spend? What did they get in return?

How are you able to monitor "2 ladies that work in the branch of a major bank"? Don't you have work to go to?
Re: New Naira: Falana Knocks CBN For Disobeying Supreme Court Order by lexy2014: 4:32pm On Feb 14, 2023
nrexzy:
Na say most people wey study law no sabi interpret law ni

Wetin concern CBN & Supreme court

Ok. Pls help us interprete the law. What exactly did falana say that isn't valid?
Re: New Naira: Falana Knocks CBN For Disobeying Supreme Court Order by olibeans: 4:39pm On Feb 14, 2023
CBN staffs are paid in dollars so our matter no be their matter.
Re: New Naira: Falana Knocks CBN For Disobeying Supreme Court Order by gassbee: 4:40pm On Feb 14, 2023
Somebody is giving Cbn liver ,
Re: New Naira: Falana Knocks CBN For Disobeying Supreme Court Order by Goke7: 4:41pm On Feb 14, 2023
Agadinaagwuofe:

I really don't know why people fail to see this, but again I have come to understand human beings are fickle, all the people baying for Emefiele blood knew this is Buhari policy mandated on the CBN but they continuosly attack Emefiele simply because he is the soft target, all of them are scared of Buhari hence the unwarranted attack to Emefiele. I always ask if Buhari wasn't the person that is pushing the policy by now Emefiele won't have job but what is happening Buhari has mandated the AGF to go and defend the naira design in court. Nigeria politicians are cowards good only for melodrama, if it were in western world the politicians will be bold to call out the presidents but here many are scared to their panties but form "ultimate warrior" whenever they see less influential or powerless person

that's why we need restructuring, a Nigerian President with bad intentions is too powerful and dangerous for democracy in Nigeria to thrive. That's why it's difficult getting Buhari to think otherwise. The powers of the Nigerian President need to be reduced through restructuring.

Nigeria needs to be decentralised to give more powers to states or regions
Re: New Naira: Falana Knocks CBN For Disobeying Supreme Court Order by TalkingBird: 4:46pm On Feb 14, 2023
nlfpmod:

"“.............................In a country where the rule of law operates................................., "

Will the Supreme Court do what it did?

Lack for energy is still biting and nobody has gone to the Supreme Court to ask for relieve
Re: New Naira: Falana Knocks CBN For Disobeying Supreme Court Order by Osidazz19: 4:56pm On Feb 14, 2023
See the dumb stupid demented OKoros saying that the court decision should not be obeyed just because in their shallow infatile brains they think that they will hurt Tinubu. How people can these be so dumb that they are cutting their own nose thinking they are hurting someone else.

This also shows that these people don't care about good Governance or obeying judiciary. It all depends on who they think is gettting the short end of the stick. If Geringory Obi tuary shuould even becomes President by mistake, these same fools will support any stupid policy that he wants just because he's IGBO. Pathetic scums of the Earth are these IPOB ZOmbidient fools.
Re: New Naira: Falana Knocks CBN For Disobeying Supreme Court Order by MarketDispatch: 4:56pm On Feb 14, 2023
Buhari meant what he said .
Re: New Naira: Falana Knocks CBN For Disobeying Supreme Court Order by Brushstrokes20: 5:00pm On Feb 14, 2023
Spot on!... The lifeless coward and emeFAILURE should rather tackle the CORRUPT DRUGGIE head on instead of subjecting millions of innocent citizens to unwarranted hardship!
# ENOUGH OF NONSENSE undecided
Buhari is Nigeria's WORST BLUNDER undecided
Re: New Naira: Falana Knocks CBN For Disobeying Supreme Court Order by IamAsiri: 5:11pm On Feb 14, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
The SAN added that an example should be made of those flouting court orders, stressing that nobody should feel that they were above the law.

“For me, an example has to be made this time around, so that nobody will feel that he’s above the law in our country,” he added

Until Emefiele shah te and allowed the defeated Aso Rock send him to jail.

Not sure he did anything wrong. Moreover, people can still return their old notes to CBN.
Re: New Naira: Falana Knocks CBN For Disobeying Supreme Court Order by IamAsiri: 5:13pm On Feb 14, 2023
SuperBlack:
So Falana Just woke up in Nigeria today??

All this while that Court have been urging the FG to Release MNK he has said nothing about it,

I'm even Glad that Osun State didn't obey their judgement too,

Since Buhari became a President, which Court Judgement have Buhari obeyed??

Osun state did not obey their judgement how? The case is still in court. Only the supreme court can give a standing verdict on that case.
Re: New Naira: Falana Knocks CBN For Disobeying Supreme Court Order by kazma1010(m): 5:14pm On Feb 14, 2023
The cbn governor should b arrested for disobey court order, and should be send to kuje correctional center
Re: New Naira: Falana Knocks CBN For Disobeying Supreme Court Order by sapele914(m): 5:17pm On Feb 14, 2023
kingsways:
Lie

CBN has not flouted any order. People can still return their old notes

WE CANNOT AFFORD TO ALLOW CRIMINALS USE BULLION VANS TO CARRY CASH TO THEIR HOUSES AGAIN LIKE THEY DID THE LAST ELECTION
What of United States dollars?
Re: New Naira: Falana Knocks CBN For Disobeying Supreme Court Order by kazma1010(m): 5:19pm On Feb 14, 2023
When d commercial banks are rejecting d old naira
IamAsiri:

Not sure he did anything wrong. Moreover, people can still return their old notes to CBN.
Re: New Naira: Falana Knocks CBN For Disobeying Supreme Court Order by IamAsiri: 5:21pm On Feb 14, 2023
kazma1010:
When d commercial banks are rejecting d old naira

I actually meant CBN, not commercial banks.
Re: New Naira: Falana Knocks CBN For Disobeying Supreme Court Order by Ybholy(m): 5:22pm On Feb 14, 2023
Nobody is above the law now. Na now u dey wake up. But someone is above the law in the case of Mazi Nnamdi Kanu.

Dey play. U hear. No law in this country. We all know
Re: New Naira: Falana Knocks CBN For Disobeying Supreme Court Order by Ybholy(m): 5:26pm On Feb 14, 2023
oloriooko:
Look at this eediot, na knock he sabi knock now but during GEJ he sabi do protest, coward yoruba fuulish useless eediot
Make him go do protest if cabal no go roast him left ball
angry angry angry

U know difference between father and son 🤔🤔

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

APC Governors At Their Meeting In Abuja Yesterday (Photos) / Tinubu, Ooni Of Ife, Ajimobi At Olubadan's Coronation - Photos / INEC Insists Gov Ahmed Remains PDP Candidate For Kwara South But The Gov Says No

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.