Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,397 members, 7,830,025 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:12 PM

New Naira: Falana Knocks CBN For Disobeying Supreme Court Order - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New Naira: Falana Knocks CBN For Disobeying Supreme Court Order (32330 Views)

60 Lawyers Ask Court To Jail DSS DG For Disobeying Order On Emefiele’s Release / Ibrahim Tanko Warns That Disobeying Court Orders Will Attract Grave Consequences / Lynda Chuba Ikpeazu Nominated Gbajabiamila For Speaker, Disobeying PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Naira: Falana Knocks CBN For Disobeying Supreme Court Order by nlfpmod: 3:08pm On Feb 14, 2023
Rights activist and Senior Advocate of Nigeria, Femi Falana, has lambasted the Central Bank of Nigeria for allegedly flouting the interim injunction of the Supreme Court suspending the implementation of the February 10 deadline on the use of the old banknotes.

The PUNCH reports that the CBN had moved the deadline earlier set for the expiration of the legal tender status of the old notes from January 31 to February 10 after the CBN governor, Godwin Emefiele, met with the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.).

Nigerians have been groaning under the pain caused by the deadline as they are unable to get the new notes, while the old notes are being sold to them by Point of Sales vendors.

The Supreme Court, however, granted an interim injunction on February 8 restraining the CBN and the Federal Government from implementing the February 10 deadline.

But Falana, during a live appearance on Channels TV’s The 2023 Verdict on Tuesday, said the government was not ready to comply with the order, a report by Channels TV says.

In a country where the rule of law operates, once the Supreme Court has determined a matter or given an order, it is expected that all and sundry – everybody – will comply with the order,” Falana said.

He added that a statement credited to the CBN that it would not comply with the order of the apex court because it was not a party to the case could only be tenable in a “banana republic”.

A statement was credited to the central bank that since it was not a party to the case, it’s not going to comply with the order. I thought that could only happen in a banana republic.

“I expected the central bank to have issued a statement following the order of the Supreme Court: ‘all actions are stale until the 15th of February
’,” he said.

The SAN added that an example should be made of those flouting court orders, stressing that nobody should feel that they were above the law.

For me, an example has to be made this time around, so that nobody will feel that he’s above the law in our country,” he added.

Meanwhile, The PUNCH reports that the CBN has insisted on the February 10 deadline for the expiration of the legal tender status of the old N200, N500 and N1,000 notes.

https://punchng.com/new-naira-falana-knocks-cbn-for-disobeying-supreme-court-order/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1676380639

36 Likes 8 Shares

Re: New Naira: Falana Knocks CBN For Disobeying Supreme Court Order by socialmediaman: 3:10pm On Feb 14, 2023
Some riffraff below is urging his "fellow youths" to support a man who can barely understand what he says, for president. He's urging them to voluntarily take up chains and enslave themselves. You can't cure stupid!

85 Likes 6 Shares

Re: New Naira: Falana Knocks CBN For Disobeying Supreme Court Order by alsudan: 3:10pm On Feb 14, 2023
Bring your head Falana lemme first Knock sense into it.

No be only Falana Knocks CBN, Konk Nko?

53 Likes 6 Shares

Re: New Naira: Falana Knocks CBN For Disobeying Supreme Court Order by ubest1(m): 3:15pm On Feb 14, 2023
Falana and some hoarders are our problem, more extension more troubles for Nigerian, since the last extension any change?

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: New Naira: Falana Knocks CBN For Disobeying Supreme Court Order by Zulum500: 3:16pm On Feb 14, 2023
Fake news from okorosss 🤣😁😁🤣
Na datti first cry 🤣🤣🤣😁

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: New Naira: Falana Knocks CBN For Disobeying Supreme Court Order by PointZerom: 3:17pm On Feb 14, 2023
grin

There's no going back if Yarimo like let him cry blood we no care.

75 Likes 10 Shares

Re: New Naira: Falana Knocks CBN For Disobeying Supreme Court Order by jmoore(m): 3:18pm On Feb 14, 2023
Buhari has disobeyed many court orders, why expect him to obey this one? Leopard can't change it's spots.

78 Likes 6 Shares

Re: New Naira: Falana Knocks CBN For Disobeying Supreme Court Order by Karemarealty288(m): 3:18pm On Feb 14, 2023
apache22b:
My heartfelt pity goes to all these unrepentant Peter Obi and his Obidient's urchins thinking their Grand Master of lies and deceit will rule this Country when an able bodied, intelligent, vibrant and well educated man who has travelled far and wide and also well experienced is on the same ballot shocked

Bola Ahmed Tinubu is a man who cannot be faulted in anyway, with his wealth of experience and all he has done for Nigeria and some Nigerians , Trust me my fellow youths, Bola Ahmed Tinubu is the only man who has the capacity and energy to take this beautiful Country to greater heights and not Peter Obi and his Obidient's urchins who are known for their false figures, lies and propaganda.

My fellow youths and all Nigerian students, now is the time to take back your Country and only Bola Ahmed Tinubu can do this for us .He is the best among the rest , he's the most experienced, the most energetic, the most compassionate,the most patriotic and the best man for the Job. He has fought tirelessly for this Country even back in the military regime.

Let's all vote Bola Ahmed Tinubu for President if you want the best for Nigeria

Bola Ahmed Tinubu deserves to be our President

My fellow youths rise up and shine

Answer me these questions and I will vote Tinubu. Where is Tinubu’s state of origin, who is Tinubu’s father and just present one of his secondary school classmate. With the answers provided, i and my entire community will vote for Tinubu otherwise I remain Obidiently committed to voting the man whose origin is varifiable, the man whose flatmate became Sultan.

113 Likes 7 Shares

Re: New Naira: Falana Knocks CBN For Disobeying Supreme Court Order by Penguin2: 3:20pm On Feb 14, 2023
Zulum500:
Fake news from okorosss 🤣😁😁🤣
Na datti first cry 🤣🤣🤣😁

Lol’

Stop wailing

Your drug lord presidential candidate will not see shishi to buy votes.

CBN didn’t disobey any court order as they were not a party to the case.

The order was given to the Federal Government and FG is not CBN.

Supreme Court has no powers to issue orders to the CBN.

69 Likes 11 Shares

Re: New Naira: Falana Knocks CBN For Disobeying Supreme Court Order by jowhyte(m): 3:20pm On Feb 14, 2023
Of late you have always been on the other side of justice Oga Falana SAN. Same thing you said of Osun Election Tribunal kangaroo judgement. Same thing you’re saying here again. Imagine the useless judgment they gave in favour of Lawan and Akpabio.

People that never participated in an election suddenly became the winner after doing highest bidder shopping at the Supreme Court market. What is such judgement trying to achieve if not anarchy. Your likes were mute.

This Supreme Court is becoming a joke this days and only breeding lack of trust and justice.

Like Jafaar said the other day, the Supreme Court is now the lost hope of the common. The joke are on all of you.

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: New Naira: Falana Knocks CBN For Disobeying Supreme Court Order by backnbeta(f): 3:20pm On Feb 14, 2023
Emesiere is not the one taking the decisions; it's Bubu and his cabal. They already assured Emesiere yesterday at the villa that we can't do anything. Unfortunately, we can't do anything indeed

15 Likes

Re: New Naira: Falana Knocks CBN For Disobeying Supreme Court Order by angelfallz(m): 3:20pm On Feb 14, 2023
I was begging you people since. Don't hold old naira notes supreme court or no supreme court. I had a feeling this was going to happen. In fact 2 ladies that work in the branch of a major bank here, did not go to work yesterday and today, so, that means their bank branch is shut down. People who wanted to deposit their money(old notes) would be disappointed.
Always play it safe. Politicians are fighting each other don't be caught in the crossfire.

44 Likes 6 Shares

Re: New Naira: Falana Knocks CBN For Disobeying Supreme Court Order by nrexzy: 3:21pm On Feb 14, 2023
Na say most people wey study law no sabi interpret law ni

Wetin concern CBN & Supreme court

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: New Naira: Falana Knocks CBN For Disobeying Supreme Court Order by temitope27(m): 3:21pm On Feb 14, 2023
EME- FAILURE IS A MADMAN

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: New Naira: Falana Knocks CBN For Disobeying Supreme Court Order by Nobody: 3:21pm On Feb 14, 2023
This is the state of Nigeria under APC

apache22b:
My heartfelt pity goes to all these unrepentant Peter Obi and his Obidient's urchins thinking their Grand Master of lies and deceit will rule this Country when an able bodied, intelligent, vibrant and well educated man who has travelled far and wide and also well experienced is on the same ballot shocked

Bola Ahmed Tinubu is a man who cannot be faulted in anyway, with his wealth of experience and all he has done for Nigeria and some Nigerians , Trust me my fellow youths, Bola Ahmed Tinubu is the only man who has the capacity and energy to take this beautiful Country to greater heights and not Peter Obi and his Obidient's urchins who are known for their false figures, lies and propaganda.

My fellow youths and all Nigerian students, now is the time to take back your Country and only Bola Ahmed Tinubu can do this for us .He is the best among the rest , he's the most experienced, the most energetic, the most compassionate,the most patriotic and the best man for the Job. He has fought tirelessly for this Country even back in the military regime.

Let's all vote Bola Ahmed Tinubu for President if you want the best for Nigeria

Bola Ahmed Tinubu deserves to be our President

My fellow youths rise up and shine

He is one of the biggest problems in Nigeria. We should now vote him as president? You and him need to see a doctor.

21 Likes 8 Shares

Re: New Naira: Falana Knocks CBN For Disobeying Supreme Court Order by baralatie(m): 3:22pm On Feb 14, 2023
It amazes me o!
And the same emefiele ran to court for protection when DSS came knocking

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: New Naira: Falana Knocks CBN For Disobeying Supreme Court Order by Hendrixky: 3:22pm On Feb 14, 2023
Cbn directive we know

And we will follow

2 Likes

Re: New Naira: Falana Knocks CBN For Disobeying Supreme Court Order by OriOko88(m): 3:22pm On Feb 14, 2023
angry
The stupid set of people ruling this country will not last two days in d developed world before they're booted out of office.

Can any Arab world endure this type of hellish,inhuman,devilish,anti people monetary policy of this Buhari govt like Nigerians are enduring rt now?

Can any European country still has a puppet and a dunce like d current cbn governor at d helm of monetary affairs till now,and all hell will not let lose??

Any body that supports this naira policy all in d name to despise Tinubu must be one of d dumbest humans in d world,and they re d reason why d APC govt is less bothered nor concerned with people's plight rt now.

Can any sane country survive till this stage with the pain and agony nigerians hv passed thru in d past two weeks?? Hell No! embarassed

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: New Naira: Falana Knocks CBN For Disobeying Supreme Court Order by Selfmotivated: 3:22pm On Feb 14, 2023
Emefaile is a beast even the president don't obey court order lest alone CBN governor. The country is just upside down. The last hope for the common man has been bastardized

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Naira: Falana Knocks CBN For Disobeying Supreme Court Order by FreeStuffsNG: 3:23pm On Feb 14, 2023
The SAN added that an example should be made of those flouting court orders, stressing that nobody should feel that they were above the law.

“For me, an example has to be made this time around, so that nobody will feel that he’s above the law in our country,” he added

Until Emefiele shah te and allowed the defeated Aso Rock send him to jail.

2 Likes

Re: New Naira: Falana Knocks CBN For Disobeying Supreme Court Order by Offpoint1: 3:23pm On Feb 14, 2023
A well applauded defiance cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Naira: Falana Knocks CBN For Disobeying Supreme Court Order by kingsways: 3:24pm On Feb 14, 2023
Lie

CBN has not flouted any order. People can still return their old notes

WE CANNOT AFFORD TO ALLOW CRIMINALS USE BULLION VANS TO CARRY CASH TO THEIR HOUSES AGAIN LIKE THEY DID THE LAST ELECTION

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: New Naira: Falana Knocks CBN For Disobeying Supreme Court Order by obembet(f): 3:24pm On Feb 14, 2023
No body dey obey court again... Since Godwin Emefiele primary lose election, he as been looking for a away to distroy APC same way Buhari did.

Anyway all this game is in favor of North. They want power remain with them by all means.

Anyway I prefer Atiku than Peter Obi. God will not allow Peter obi to win. Power must remain in a region where there unity not animal that distroyed them self on social media everyday.

Up till now, I never see where Atiku, kwankwaso openly insult Buhari despite his atrocities, they see themselves as one.

Atiku 2023

7 Likes

Re: New Naira: Falana Knocks CBN For Disobeying Supreme Court Order by Racoon(m): 3:24pm On Feb 14, 2023
Buhari have long set the precedence for spurning and impunity against the law including judgements of the Supreme Court

1 Like

Re: New Naira: Falana Knocks CBN For Disobeying Supreme Court Order by bigdammyj: 3:24pm On Feb 14, 2023
Noted.
Re: New Naira: Falana Knocks CBN For Disobeying Supreme Court Order by SuperBlack: 3:24pm On Feb 14, 2023
So Falana Just woke up in Nigeria today??

All this while that Court have been urging the FG to Release MNK he has said nothing about it,

I'm even Glad that Osun State didn't obey their judgement too,

Since Buhari became a President, which Court Judgement have Buhari obeyed??

9 Likes

Re: New Naira: Falana Knocks CBN For Disobeying Supreme Court Order by Goodman247: 3:25pm On Feb 14, 2023
Nigeria the lawless country
Re: New Naira: Falana Knocks CBN For Disobeying Supreme Court Order by samonak(m): 3:25pm On Feb 14, 2023
Those cowards in the NASS should as a matter of national security get off their balls and institute Impeachment proceedings against Buhari before the entire country goes up in flames. Buhari's blatant disregard for the rule of law needs to be checked with immediate alacrity. Dem need treat him fvck up, this impunity is becoming something else.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

TB Joshua Prophesied That Children Would Be Killed In USA / Olufemi A. Akingbade Appointed As NHIS Acting Chief Executive Officer / Jonathan Will Win, APC Is A Fragile Anti-Jonathan Setup —Brookings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.