Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,308 members, 7,853,425 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 04:27 PM

Soludo Pays Tribute To Amaechi, Says He Was A "Zikist Who Believed In Nigeria" - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soludo Pays Tribute To Amaechi, Says He Was A "Zikist Who Believed In Nigeria" (28647 Views)

Implications Of Tinubu's Visits To Amaechi, Yahaya Bello, Osinbajo And Umahi / APC Governors Narrow Consensus To Amaechi, Osinbajo, Tinubu - THEWILL / 2023: Amaechi Says He Is Not Contesting For Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soludo Pays Tribute To Amaechi, Says He Was A "Zikist Who Believed In Nigeria" by gidgiddy: 8:53pm On Feb 14, 2023
casualobserver:

it shows i am dealing with an idiot, an ignoramus, an educated illiterate. How do you think the midwest region was created…….by decree? Referendum and the right to seceede was specifically inserted for the sake of the North who didnt want to be a part of Nigeria. Dont forget Nigeria was to have been independent in 1957, it was delayed to 1960 to accommodate the North who feared (rightly as events would show) domination by the south.

you people are really ignorant!!!!

I suggest before you comment to anything I post you read up because you are not dealing with your typical ignorant Nairalander here. The 1960 and 1963 constitutions are available online to download…as well as the ironsi and Gowon era decrees. Do your homework before responding to me, I don’t post without doing mine. So far you are coming across as an imbe cile!

A simple google search would have saved egg in your face!! slowpoke

https://wap.org.ng/read/how-midwest-region-referendum-was-conducted-in-1963/

https://silnetnews..com/2016/10/benin-and-midwest-referendum-of-1963-by_28.html?m=1

Ignorant person who does not know that the Midwest referendum was conducted by an order of the national assembly, and not by any existing law. A one time order is not law, it ends when the order is completed

Show us any link any where in any Nigerian law where referendum ever exudted

1 Like

Re: Soludo Pays Tribute To Amaechi, Says He Was A "Zikist Who Believed In Nigeria" by casualobserver: 9:00pm On Feb 14, 2023
gidgiddy:

Ignorant person who does not know that the Midwest referendum was conducted by an order of the national assembly, and not by any existing law. A one time order is not law, it ends when the order is completed

Show us any link any where in any Nigerian law where referendum ever exudted

You are a fool! A referendum requires an order from the National Assembly simple because the right to a referendum exists in the constitution. You can’t apply for a referendum if the right to a referendum does not exist in law!!

How daft are you people?

L actually I am the daft one for continuing to engage you. Go and read!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Soludo Pays Tribute To Amaechi, Says He Was A "Zikist Who Believed In Nigeria" by gidgiddy: 9:02pm On Feb 14, 2023
casualobserver:

You are a fool! A referendum requires an order from the National Assembly simple because the right to a referendum exists in the constitution. You can’t apply for a referendum if the right to a referendum does not exist in law!!

How daft are you people?

L actually I am the daft one for continuing to engage you. Go and read!!!!

Show us the referendum law you said Ironsi removed. If you cant show us, then stop lying against the name of Ironsi
Re: Soludo Pays Tribute To Amaechi, Says He Was A "Zikist Who Believed In Nigeria" by joefelin2345: 9:04pm On Feb 14, 2023
gidgiddy:

Well, Ironsi never introduced unitary system and he never tampered with the resource control of the 4 Regions throughout the 6 months he was in power. It was Gowon that came after Ironsi and used decree 14 to abolish all 4 Regions, created 12 states to replace them, then followed it up with decree 15 that abolished resource control

What makes me laugh however is that when Gowon was implementing this unitary rule, Ojukwu and the East rose up, declared Biafra and fought to resist it

What did the rest of Nigeria do? They followed the North to fight Ojukwu so as to make sure that Gowon implemented the unitary rule that would keep Nigeria under Northern domination

Its just laughable
Oga point of correction. The Yoruba at first never joined the North to fight Ojukwu. It was when he attempted to cross over to capture Lagos & the rest of Yorubaland that he was resisted at Ore in the present Ondo State. The question is...why did he do that? War strategy? If it was that, he definitely shot himself in the leg bc it was that singular act that infuriated the Yoruba . Thank you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soludo Pays Tribute To Amaechi, Says He Was A "Zikist Who Believed In Nigeria" by casualobserver: 9:04pm On Feb 14, 2023
gidgiddy:

Show us the referendum law you said Ironsi removed. If you cant show us, then stop lying against the name of Ironsi

Are you a slowpoke? The constitution and all the laws of the constitution were abolished. What kind of slowpoke are you?

2 Likes

Re: Soludo Pays Tribute To Amaechi, Says He Was A "Zikist Who Believed In Nigeria" by gidgiddy: 9:05pm On Feb 14, 2023
joefelin2345:
Oga point of correction. The Yoruba at first never joined the North to fight Ojukwu. It was when he attempted to cross over to capture Lagos & the rest of Yorubaland that he was resisted at Ore in the present Ondo State. The question is...why did he do that? War strategy? If it was that, he definitely shot himself in the leg bc it was that singular act that infuriated the Yoruba . Thank you.

Ojukwu wanted to get Gowon in Lagos. How was he supposed to get to Gowon without going through Ore?
Re: Soludo Pays Tribute To Amaechi, Says He Was A "Zikist Who Believed In Nigeria" by gidgiddy: 9:07pm On Feb 14, 2023
casualobserver:

Are you a slowpoke? The constitution and all the laws of the constitution were abolished. What kind of slowpoke are you?

So you cannot show us this referendum law you claim Ironsi removed? I rest my case
Re: Soludo Pays Tribute To Amaechi, Says He Was A "Zikist Who Believed In Nigeria" by AngelDo: 9:08pm On Feb 14, 2023
He is not pretending.... remember he is a Catholic and we also pray like that....
Stop the hate, we are humans before tribe!

YungMillionaire:
grin grin grin

Obi pretending to be a Muslim to fool Northerners.
Re: Soludo Pays Tribute To Amaechi, Says He Was A "Zikist Who Believed In Nigeria" by joefelin2345: 9:19pm On Feb 14, 2023
MightySparrow:

Igbos of nowadays read wrong pages of history.

Who betrayed who?

The single deed of selfishness Zik made is an error that follows Igbos like a shadow.
He sold the rest of us to fulanis.

The clause of secession Awolowo suggested would have put an end to all the struggle to be independent peoples with self determination.
Exactly my brother. That's the simple truth & the earlier my Ibo friends accept this, the better for all of us.

2 Likes

Re: Soludo Pays Tribute To Amaechi, Says He Was A "Zikist Who Believed In Nigeria" by casualobserver: 9:46pm On Feb 14, 2023
gidgiddy:

So you cannot show us this referendum law you claim Ironsi removed? I rest my case

I told you to go and read before responding to me. There is amongst others a constitutional referendum act 1962 this became part of the 1963 constitution. The constitutional referendum regulations act of 1963 which set the rules the mid west referendum which you ignorantly labeled a decision of parliament was simply a framework for implementing what was already in the constitution. How do you have a constitution referendum if the constitution does not allow it.

I don’t have time for intellectual lightweights. As Buhari said lazy youth.

I have never seen an Ibo man accept he is wrong when he is wrong and this is the problem with you people and why it is difficult to live in peace with you. It either your way or you argue to eternity or burn the house down. Every time I provide evidence you move the goalpost in typical fashion.

Go and do your own research. If you are actually interested in facts which I know you aren’t . Google is your friend.

2 Likes

Re: Soludo Pays Tribute To Amaechi, Says He Was A "Zikist Who Believed In Nigeria" by Omitola009: 1:50am On Feb 15, 2023
Do you need confirm work now on any of these you can call/WhatsApp +2348111394969
Fruit Of The Womb...
WhatsApp +2348111394969
Get Rich Without Ritual
Hookup beads 
Document issues 
Financial Breakthrough
Pussy sweetener 
No shot off life
No human blood sacrifice
Fibroid
Land/Court Case
Mental Disorder
Political Appointment
Visa Approval
Power to control
Cancer
Examination Success
Spend And Get Back
Good Luck
Natural Health
Hypertension
Stroke
Sickle cell
Impotency
Win Court case
Promotion At Work
Commanding Tone
Protection Ring
Marriage Success
Love Ring
Favour Ring
Recover Lost Glory
Get Your Love Back +2348111394969
WhatsApp +2348111394969…..And don’t forget that seeing is believing
Re: Soludo Pays Tribute To Amaechi, Says He Was A "Zikist Who Believed In Nigeria" by Spandau: 3:31am On Feb 15, 2023
SReporters:

https://www.solutionreporters.com/2023/02/14/soludo-pays-tribute-to-late-chief-mbazulike-amaechi-calls-him-a-true-zikist-who-believed-in-the-unity-of-nigeria/

Anybody who identifies as a Zikist should never be trusted. Zikism was the foundation of the problems Nigeria is facing today. What the North is doing to the South today is a variant of Zikism nurtured by Fulanis. Nonsense!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soludo Pays Tribute To Amaechi, Says He Was A "Zikist Who Believed In Nigeria" by Spandau: 3:33am On Feb 15, 2023
casualobserver:

I told you to go and read before responding to me. There is amongst others a constitutional referendum act 1962 this became part of the 1963 constitution. The constitutional referendum regulations act of 1963 which set the rules the mid west referendum which you ignorantly labeled a decision of parliament was simply a framework for implementing what was already in the constitution. How do you have a constitution referendum if the constitution does not allow it.

I don’t have time for intellectual lightweights. As Buhari said lazy youth.

I have never seen an Ibo man accept he is wrong when he is wrong and this is the problem with you people and why it is difficult to live in peace with you. It either your way or you argue to eternity or burn the house down. Every time I provide evidence you move the goalpost in typical fashion.

Go and do your own research. If you are actually interested in facts which I know you aren’t . Google is your friend.

Leave them. All they know is bullying
others, believing that others are stupid and chest beating.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soludo Pays Tribute To Amaechi, Says He Was A "Zikist Who Believed In Nigeria" by Spandau: 3:36am On Feb 15, 2023
gidgiddy:

Ojukwu wanted to get Gowon in Lagos. How was he supposed to get to Gowon without going through Ore?

He should have resolved himself to securing and strengthening all the eastern frontiers. Encroaching into the West was a tactical mistake which Banjo warned him of. Of course the latter lost his life for it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soludo Pays Tribute To Amaechi, Says He Was A "Zikist Who Believed In Nigeria" by Spandau: 3:40am On Feb 15, 2023
YoungLionken:
Soludo may be the next president, but he's underperforming as a state governor embarassed...

Look at this young mook. President for where, gwanu?
Re: Soludo Pays Tribute To Amaechi, Says He Was A "Zikist Who Believed In Nigeria" by Spandau: 3:42am On Feb 15, 2023
YungMillionaire:
grin grin grin

Obi pretending to be a Muslim to fool Northerners.

grin grin grin grin
I beg make una leave this ndiala man alone naa. This pounding is getting too much cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soludo Pays Tribute To Amaechi, Says He Was A "Zikist Who Believed In Nigeria" by Spandau: 3:44am On Feb 15, 2023
casualobserver:
the whole Zikist "believing in Nigeria" idealogy was based on a belief that the ibos would dominate Nigeria. It was based on a false believe that the North were backward and they could sideline the west and align with the "backward" North and dominate the rest of Nigeria. They failed to recognize the political acumen of the Northerners.

it was never based on a love for Nigeria or other Nigerians but a view that Nigeria was a country that ibos could dominate and rule over.

You're right. But in actuality, they failed to recognize the political acumen of anybody other than themselves. Still suffering for that till today.
Re: Soludo Pays Tribute To Amaechi, Says He Was A "Zikist Who Believed In Nigeria" by Spandau: 3:46am On Feb 15, 2023
gidgiddy:

Well the North eventually dominated Nigeria. No matter how one looks at it, Nigeria eventually got dominated anyway
But who sold them the template? Who prevented the secession clause introduced by a certain sagacious statesman who had the foresight about what is happening now? Who shot the motion down?
Re: Soludo Pays Tribute To Amaechi, Says He Was A "Zikist Who Believed In Nigeria" by Spandau: 3:47am On Feb 15, 2023
SReporters:

grin Obi is only giving to Ceasar what belongs to Ceasar

And you think this particular Caesar is deceived?
Re: Soludo Pays Tribute To Amaechi, Says He Was A "Zikist Who Believed In Nigeria" by Spandau: 3:49am On Feb 15, 2023
obiekunie01:

SEE HOW YOU MAKE OUT TIME TO WRITE SO MUCH TRASH!

Urchins una dey try i swearagad!

When you won't pick up a book on Nigeria history and read. All you do is to listen to beer parlour rants from deranged uncles.
Re: Soludo Pays Tribute To Amaechi, Says He Was A "Zikist Who Believed In Nigeria" by Spandau: 3:50am On Feb 15, 2023
casualobserver:

is it a lie? today you shout referendum, who removed the right to referendum that the British left us with? who changed Nigeria from a federation of regional units to a unitary system and most critically removed control over the resources of the regions to the center. Who deliberately connived with the north to create the Mid-west region to weaken the western region?

please answer these questions or shut your dirty stinking mouth.
Correct!
Re: Soludo Pays Tribute To Amaechi, Says He Was A "Zikist Who Believed In Nigeria" by Spandau: 3:53am On Feb 15, 2023
obiekunie01:

urchinus!

keep urchinating! its normal for urchins.

Shows how really dull you are. I bet you don't even know the meaning of the word "urchin" from the way you use it flippantly in every sentence you type. It's a fancy word you can use anyhow to attack your enemies on Nairaland, shey? grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Soludo Pays Tribute To Amaechi, Says He Was A "Zikist Who Believed In Nigeria" by YoungLionken(m): 3:54am On Feb 15, 2023
Spandau:

Look at this young mook. President for where, gwanu?

Re: Soludo Pays Tribute To Amaechi, Says He Was A "Zikist Who Believed In Nigeria" by Supersymetry: 10:41am On Feb 15, 2023
gidgiddy:

Well, Ironsi never introduced unitary system and he never tampered with the resource control of the 4 Regions throughout the 6 months he was in power. It was Gowon that came after Ironsi and used decree 14 to abolish all 4 Regions, created 12 states to replace them, then followed it up with decree 15 that abolished resource control

What makes me laugh however is that when Gowon was implementing this unitary rule, Ojukwu and the East rose up, declared Biafra and fought to resist it

What did the rest of Nigeria do? They followed the North to fight Ojukwu so as to make sure that Gowon implemented the unitary rule that would keep Nigeria under Northern domination

Its just laughable

Most Nigerians are not thinking properly, tribalism can make someone to think like a slowpoke.

Instead of them to dissolve Nigeria completely or partially, rather they love it the way it is, thinking that it will affect the igbos the most, not knowing that everyone is affected.
Re: Soludo Pays Tribute To Amaechi, Says He Was A "Zikist Who Believed In Nigeria" by gidgiddy: 11:14am On Feb 15, 2023
Supersymetry:

Most Nigerians are not thinking properly, tribalism can make someone to think like a slowpoke.

Instead of them to dissolve Nigeria completely or partially, rather they love it the way it is, thinking that it will affect the igbos the most, not knowing that everyone is affected.

My brother you know them too well. They will be complaining about Zik, complaining about Ironsi, complaining about Igbos

But as soon as you tell them lets dissolve Nigeria so that everyone can go their way and chase their own dreams, just as we did before the British came to join us all together, the same complainants will start shouting that we should remain as we are grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Soludo Pays Tribute To Amaechi, Says He Was A "Zikist Who Believed In Nigeria" by LtChisom: 11:21am On Feb 15, 2023
TheChameleon:
grin

Just as flatin0s claim they would have voted for Osinbajo if he was the one contesting instead of Tinubu....

90% of Yorubas too would have voted 1st Class Soludo instead of 3rd Class Dullard called Obi.

Yorubas are sophisticated and intelligent. We can't be ruled by a GCE holder who ran from Anambra he governed to Lagos of Tinubu.

Blabluubla
Re: Soludo Pays Tribute To Amaechi, Says He Was A "Zikist Who Believed In Nigeria" by Supersymetry: 11:55am On Feb 15, 2023
casualobserver:

thanks to the ibos who removed the right to referendum and turned Nigeria from a federation to a unitary system of govt and gave the center control of regional resources under ironsi.

the bane of Nigerias problem today (power in the center and the inability to leavethe union) and the so called northern domination was a product of just 6 months of Ibo rule under ironsi. The Northerners could never have done it on their own, they simply inherited what was created by ironsi and didnt change it...why would they?

when you see Ibos telling you they own lagos and proudly telling you they plan to defeat the yorubas in Lagos...understand this is the fundamental pysche of the Ibo man to expand, conquer and dominate!!1

You are a closed minded tribalist. Because.
1) quoting a bastardized history, there's a reason why Nigerian history don't make sense, because some facts have been removed and false information added, a good history will make sense even to a teenager, but Nigerian history is like garbage even to an adult, but you don't ask why because of your tribalism.
Quoting bastardized history without logical fact is as good as nothing.

2) you are tribalist because you failed to differentiate the difference between individual or group from the decision of an ethnic nationality, ironsi did this an that so there for, Igbos did this and that,not even his family, village,community,etc. Did you tried to put okafor in charge to see his decision, even two brothers have opposition decision, you didn't mention how Igbo elders and leaders including committee agreed to do it, talking like a tribalistic fool with full confidence.
But Igbo leaders and elders gathered and said they wanted Biafra, but your history is telling you that it was only ojukwu that declared Biafra without consulting elders,

If you hate the laws why not change it, since you claim it the reason you hate Igbos, or you have another reason you hate the Igbos that you don't want to say, if it's the oil in South South, why not
Why not take it and leave Igbos or you enjoy seeing them suppressed, you claim you hate the white supremacists yet u re helping them in Nigeria to achieve their aim.

3)The list goes on and on, but i don't blame you i blame the Igbos that failed to see things and know that they are highly profiled for subjugation in Nigeria,
Nigeria looking for things to paint the Igbos bad at all means.
Re: Soludo Pays Tribute To Amaechi, Says He Was A "Zikist Who Believed In Nigeria" by christistruth01: 10:11am On Feb 16, 2023
joefelin2345:

gidgiddy:

The Biafrans were sent by Ojukwu to Capture Ibadan and all the rest of Yorubaland

Read the letter Ojukwu sent to Banjo promising to make him the Gov of the Western Region and informing Banjo that he needed Ojukwu's Permission to make Laws and Policies there

Ojukwu was just too ambitious and arrogant

No wonder Gowon said on Camera I know Ojukwu's ambition I have worked with him before

Thank God Col Banjo woke up in time and realised Ojukwu was busy doing an Afonja on him

http://www.segundawodu.com/biafra1.htm

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

#LekkiShooting: Our Hospital Was Overwhelmed On First Night – Babajide Lawson / APC Holds Rally For Tinubu And Oyo State Candidates (Pictures) / Suleiman Abba Blasts Reno Omokri: Jonathan Will Be Sad If I Open Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.