Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,490 members, 7,850,700 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 07:40 AM

Sanwo-Olu: It Is Illegal To Reject Old Naira Notes In Lagos - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanwo-Olu: It Is Illegal To Reject Old Naira Notes In Lagos (27551 Views)

Labour Vows To Reject Meagre Addition To ₦60,000 As Minimum Wage / Kaduna Residents Ignore Governor El-Rufai, Reject Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 Notes (Video / It Is Illegal To Transmit Election Results Electronically - Attahiru Jega (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanwo-Olu: It Is Illegal To Reject Old Naira Notes In Lagos by jmoore(m): 6:04pm On Feb 15, 2023
yomi007k:

Mumu man...

You want people to suffer.

If Buhari will not obey Supreme court then Lagos state will not obey the Federal government either. I still spent N3000 old notes today. grin

We shall live independently. So help us God.

It's now you know Buhari doesn't obey court orders.

You voted for Buhari. Make una enjoy the suffering.. E go reach everyone.

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu: It Is Illegal To Reject Old Naira Notes In Lagos by sukar886: 6:04pm On Feb 15, 2023
Thieves everywhere
Re: Sanwo-Olu: It Is Illegal To Reject Old Naira Notes In Lagos by azpekuliar: 6:05pm On Feb 15, 2023
madridguy:
Nice one from the peoples governor.

Come force me to collect am na cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu: It Is Illegal To Reject Old Naira Notes In Lagos by Kaiser20: 6:05pm On Feb 15, 2023
Brendaniel:
You are now the CBN governor...
Tinubu has reduced Sanwo Olu to ordinary personal assistant and errand boy

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu: It Is Illegal To Reject Old Naira Notes In Lagos by Goke7: 6:05pm On Feb 15, 2023
emmyclassic:
The Cabals played Tinubu. The first plan was to half the vote from Tinubu's own region by tricking him to go for a Muslim Muslim ticket knowing fully well that south West region is 50/50 based on religion. The Cabals know 80% of Christians in the southwest won't vote for a Muslim Muslim ticket. Ask yourself this question, have you ever seen a Northern presidential candidate pick a Muslim VP even when his region is about 85% Muslim? Now they are putting anti-people policies in place to further cause more damage to APC/Tinubu.

My point is whoever the cabals are, have their own candidate. When last did you see the PDP attack Labour Party on anything whereas APC is always on the Labour party's case now and again when it should be the other way round as it seems LP has gained a stronghold of major PDP States. There is going to be a shocking coalition between PDP and LP very soon.

Atiku or Peter Obi is either going to be your next President . Tinubu has been played!!

there won't be a need for the current crisis if the cabal was sure Tinubu won't win. The current crisis is an apprehension by the cabal of a Tinubu victory, nothing more.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu: It Is Illegal To Reject Old Naira Notes In Lagos by 40BGvm: 6:05pm On Feb 15, 2023
Mumu man...

Then you will take your old notes to Lagos state
government to swap for you, you lack understand of what is going on.

yomi007k:

Mumu man...

You want people to suffer.

If Buhari will not obey Supreme court then Lagos state will not obey the Federal government either. I still spent N3000 old notes today. grin

We shall live independently. So help us God.

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu: It Is Illegal To Reject Old Naira Notes In Lagos by sukar886: 6:05pm On Feb 15, 2023
Siwisheswereesh:
Thank you sir

Piiggiiddiootts amaka cheesy
Big fool

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu: It Is Illegal To Reject Old Naira Notes In Lagos by Angelfrost(m): 6:06pm On Feb 15, 2023
Interesting.... Let's see how you enforce this all over every inch of Lagos state!

Talk is just cheap!

You are saying one thing, CBN and Buhari are saying another!

Y'all be messing with the lives of citizens!

3 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu: It Is Illegal To Reject Old Naira Notes In Lagos by Reinamaria(f): 6:06pm On Feb 15, 2023
drezzyx:
U can't tell me you don't have old note.

Do you?
I don't.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: It Is Illegal To Reject Old Naira Notes In Lagos by sukar886: 6:06pm On Feb 15, 2023
ERockson:
Way to go. Shame on Nigeria enemy Tinubu is coming
Coming to ur village

3 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu: It Is Illegal To Reject Old Naira Notes In Lagos by yomi007k(m): 6:07pm On Feb 15, 2023
40BGvm:
Mumu man...

Then you will take your old notes to Lagos state
government to swap for you, you lack understand of what is going on.

Mumu boy.... CBN will take the old notes at the end when we are ready to give it to them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu: It Is Illegal To Reject Old Naira Notes In Lagos by BlueRayDick: 6:07pm On Feb 15, 2023
drezzyx:
U can't tell me you don't have old note.

I actually have old notes but it's just #400 naira.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: It Is Illegal To Reject Old Naira Notes In Lagos by callthefred: 6:09pm On Feb 15, 2023
emmyclassic:
The Cabals played Tinubu. The first plan was to half the vote from Tinubu's own region by tricking him to go for a Muslim Muslim ticket knowing fully well that south West region is 50/50 based on religion. The Cabals know 80% of Christians in the southwest won't vote for a Muslim Muslim ticket. Ask yourself this question, have you ever seen a Northern presidential candidate pick a Muslim VP even when his region is about 85% Muslim? Now they are putting anti-people policies in place to further cause more damage to APC/Tinubu.

My point is whoever the cabals are, have their own candidate. When last did you see the PDP attack Labour Party on anything whereas APC is always on the Labour party's case now and again when it should be the other way round as it seems LP has gained a stronghold of major PDP States. There is going to be a shocking coalition between PDP and LP very soon.

Atiku or Peter Obi is either going to be your next President. Tinubu has been played!!

Continue speaking for the South West... Mr Sodiq. Mind you the issue of religion is never and will never be an issue to us in the SW. That's why till date we remain the best of all tribes. We are the most accommodating and most resourceful. For us, humanity comes first!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu: It Is Illegal To Reject Old Naira Notes In Lagos by slowice(m): 6:09pm On Feb 15, 2023
The thing is the governor don't have the power to go against CBNs monetary policy .

Even sanwoolu can't spend his stolen billions

5 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu: It Is Illegal To Reject Old Naira Notes In Lagos by Reinamaria(f): 6:10pm On Feb 15, 2023
SenatePresdo:
All road leads to lagos, let's go and change our old notes in Theifnubuus house grin grin grin

Let's have pity and help him spend the bullion van money. 😂

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu: It Is Illegal To Reject Old Naira Notes In Lagos by kazma1010(m): 6:11pm On Feb 15, 2023
Mr Governor we are expecting u to say dis sin y nw, d bus u are taking abt are rejecting old note I mean d small bus dat blue brt bus, I entered d bus from jakunde gate today they did not collect d old naira note from me and Mr Governor z it is inlegal to reject it

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu: It Is Illegal To Reject Old Naira Notes In Lagos by Nobody: 6:11pm On Feb 15, 2023
Why emphasizing on the old notes and not new ones to be made available? Rubbish. They think we don't know their stupid plans to get rid of the heaps of old notes they have at home.

Only morons will listen to this cos when it happens no governor will help you change the money. Then everything will die down with some people ending up with heaps of it.

Fight for availability of new notes. Not old ones.

3 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu: It Is Illegal To Reject Old Naira Notes In Lagos by yomi007k(m): 6:13pm On Feb 15, 2023
slowice:
The thing is the governor don't have the power to go against CBNs monetary policy .

Even sanwoolu can't spend his stolen billions

But the FG can go against Supreme court order?

Why should a state respect a CBN/FG that don't obey the rule of law.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu: It Is Illegal To Reject Old Naira Notes In Lagos by PARADIZEPRIEST: 6:15pm On Feb 15, 2023
If Una no stop all the antagonism,buhari will be forced to postpone the election till your high tempers calm down.
Hmm Una no law sef,you don't conduct election under hostile atmosphere. angrysadThe president has powers to defer elections if the situation is volatile.
SO ALL YOU LAZY YOUTH GO SLEEP AND STOP NAGGING EACH OTHER OVER TRIBE OR POITICAL BIAS. angryELECTION IS NOT A DO OR DIE THING AS SEEN IN EUROPE AND AMERICA WHO INVENTED DEMOCRACY. angry
Re: Sanwo-Olu: It Is Illegal To Reject Old Naira Notes In Lagos by faebenezer5star: 6:16pm On Feb 15, 2023
chatinent:
So we should come change it in your house?
😂😂😂😂😂
Re: Sanwo-Olu: It Is Illegal To Reject Old Naira Notes In Lagos by phineas: 6:25pm On Feb 15, 2023
Good countermove from Lagos

I am impressed.... We need one of those hat doffing memes here...

Nicely played

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu: It Is Illegal To Reject Old Naira Notes In Lagos by Nobody: 6:25pm On Feb 15, 2023
Reinamaria:

If only Tinubu wasn't so desperate, the country wouldn't be in this situation.
New design of the naira was the only way to checkmate him.

Are you sane at all? Tinubu is the "desperate" one and not those who want the status quo to remain in place so that simps like you, totally blind to your 'imprisonment' because of ethnic bigotry, can continue in "Monkey dey work Baboon dey chop" slavery?

Do you know the real mission and agenda of those who want to "checkmate" Tinubu?

May God save some of you despicably 'blind' Southerners nullifying your savior and empowering your oppressors.

The man who made the comment below is a former scribe of NUPENG i.e the Nigeria Union of Petroleum and Natural Gas Worker. He has seen things and know things.

Someone like him would know exactly where the bones are buried per those profiting from Nigeria's oil wealth to your detriment and to the bane of our national development. Do you not wonder why his sort are consistently behind Tinubu and never Obi or Atiku?

Keep listening to your uncles and the hate preachers around you instead of to those who have the inside knowledge to understand Nigeria's problem and know precisely those who have solutions.

Note he says only Tinubu below. Educating yourself or you will destroy yourself.

3 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu: It Is Illegal To Reject Old Naira Notes In Lagos by yomi007k(m): 6:26pm On Feb 15, 2023
jmoore:

It's now you know Buhari doesn't obey court orders.

You voted for Buhari. Make una enjoy the suffering.. E go reach everyone.

You see me when I vote am?

Na so una dey enter trouble. Just dey your lane oo as e no reach your side.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: It Is Illegal To Reject Old Naira Notes In Lagos by oluwaseyi0: 6:27pm On Feb 15, 2023
jmoore:
Mumu people!!

Una don dey behave like agbero. Go and get a lawyer that has no links to APC for understanding.

Tell that to Delta people

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu: It Is Illegal To Reject Old Naira Notes In Lagos by micmond: 6:28pm On Feb 15, 2023
It's wrong to threaten the citizens with the instruments of government, instead he should be dragging the banking sector that refuses to accept the old notes. Buhari is confused, Emefiele is confused, Supreme court is confused, politicians confused even me sef confuse.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: It Is Illegal To Reject Old Naira Notes In Lagos by Backpedal: 6:30pm On Feb 15, 2023
emmyclassic:

Atiku or Peter Obi is either going to be your next President. Tinubu has been played!!

I believe so too

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu: It Is Illegal To Reject Old Naira Notes In Lagos by akaleb2015(m): 6:32pm On Feb 15, 2023
class captain supporting the interest of the headmaster will end up being part of the loyalist of the headmaster
Re: Sanwo-Olu: It Is Illegal To Reject Old Naira Notes In Lagos by BJanta: 6:32pm On Feb 15, 2023
Where is Atiku I beg?We know say Obi dey toilet dey wash him pants as poopoo for him clothes when im hear this.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: It Is Illegal To Reject Old Naira Notes In Lagos by Ryandelly(m): 6:37pm On Feb 15, 2023
Nigeria is like a drunkman who is extremely pressed trying to pull down his zipper in front of a gutter.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: It Is Illegal To Reject Old Naira Notes In Lagos by Pacesetter123(m): 6:38pm On Feb 15, 2023
cumoverna:
There has to be another way to stop vote buying, this redesign is killing this country, I haven't worked for 5 days now.
There is no other better way than this.
For once,Buhari has gotten this right.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu: It Is Illegal To Reject Old Naira Notes In Lagos by Princewell2012(m): 6:38pm On Feb 15, 2023
Brendaniel:
You are now the CBN governor...
Don't mind him. So after collecting the old note and bank reject it , will he help me to change them? Instead he should instruct the bank never to reject any money if he have the courage to do so.

Honestly this people just put us in the middle.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu: It Is Illegal To Reject Old Naira Notes In Lagos by yomi007k(m): 6:40pm On Feb 15, 2023
PARADIZEPRIEST:
If Una no stop all the antagonism,buhari will be forced to postpone the election till your high tempers calm down.
Hmm Una no law sef,you don't conduct election under hostile atmosphere. angrysadThe president has powers to defer elections if the situation is volatile.
SO ALL YOU LAZY YOUTH GO SLEEP AND STOP NAGGING EACH OTHER OVER TRIBE OR POITICAL BIAS. angryELECTION IS NOT A DO OR DIE THING AS SEEN IN EUROPE AND AMERICA WHO INVENTED DEMOCRACY. angry

We are talking about survival , you are talking about elections. Na today dem don dey postpone election? No be who chop or dey alive go vote? People have not gone to work for 5 days because they cannot access cash or will public transport use transfer/ Pos?

The naira redesign policy was dead on arrival and that's the cause of the tension. When CBN knows they can't deliver new notes, why take up the old notes.

At this point even if military take over, it will be better becos Buhari/ Emefiele drew first blood.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Caption This Photo Of President Buhari In India / President Tinubu Congratulates Reno Omokri On 50th Birthday / 2023: Lawan, Kalu Visit Katsina Ahead Of APC Presidential Primaries (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.