Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,689 members, 7,851,371 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:57 PM

Sanwo-Olu: It Is Illegal To Reject Old Naira Notes In Lagos - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanwo-Olu: It Is Illegal To Reject Old Naira Notes In Lagos (27557 Views)

Labour Vows To Reject Meagre Addition To ₦60,000 As Minimum Wage / Kaduna Residents Ignore Governor El-Rufai, Reject Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 Notes (Video / It Is Illegal To Transmit Election Results Electronically - Attahiru Jega (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanwo-Olu: It Is Illegal To Reject Old Naira Notes In Lagos by Bolaji1996: 6:41pm On Feb 15, 2023
Abeg which of the tribes are you? grin

SeeItSayIt:
Drug servant, feel free to make old notes your legal tender in Lagos. You better think of reconciling with your rejected son before you get doomed.

Yorubas are also not very lucky like some other tribes in Nigeria to have right people in position of authority.

I sincerely feel for the good Yorubas 'cos their level of education is really not playing out on their people holding political positions.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: It Is Illegal To Reject Old Naira Notes In Lagos by chaloskyx: 6:41pm On Feb 15, 2023
Nigeria is a lawless country even governments are against the laws they created abi is APC not in charge of the FG and CBN again?
Re: Sanwo-Olu: It Is Illegal To Reject Old Naira Notes In Lagos by slowice(m): 6:41pm On Feb 15, 2023
yomi007k:

But the FG can go against Supreme court order?

Why should a state respect a CBN/FG that don't obey the rule of law.

CBN is independent,the supreme court order is not binding on CBN

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu: It Is Illegal To Reject Old Naira Notes In Lagos by Reinamaria(f): 6:42pm On Feb 15, 2023
Town hall is different from balabu bubu bulaba
Buhari!
Buhari!!
Buhari!!!
🥴

Rants of a mad black urchin! 🤭

Dsalvo:

Are you sane at all? Tinubu is the "desperate" one and not those who want the status quo to remain in place so that simps like you, totally blind to your 'imprisonment' because of ethnic bigotry, can continue in "Monkey dey work Baboon dey chop" slavery?

Do you know the real mission and agenda of those who want to "checkmate" Tinubu?

May God save some of you despicably 'blind' Southerners nullifying your savior and empowering your oppressors.

The man who made the comment below is a former scribe of NUPENG i.e the Nigeria Union of Petroleum and Natural Gas Worker. He has seen things and know things.

Someone like him would know exactly where the bones are buried per those profiting from Nigeria's oil wealth to your detriment and to the bane of our national development. Do you not wonder why his sort are consistently behind Tinubu and never Obi or Atiku?

Keep listening to your uncles and the hate preachers around you instead of to those who have the inside knowledge to understand Nigeria's problem and know precisely those who have solutions.

Note he says only Tinubu below. Educating yourself or you will destroy yourself.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: It Is Illegal To Reject Old Naira Notes In Lagos by yomi007k(m): 6:42pm On Feb 15, 2023
slowice:

CBN is independent,the supreme court order is not binding on CBN

Lagos too will become independent. Let's all be independent.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu: It Is Illegal To Reject Old Naira Notes In Lagos by ambale(m): 6:44pm On Feb 15, 2023
yomi007k:

Did banks in your own state open?

Better pack go back your state.

Shey this one get sense like this

You are threatening people who don't take orders from you, they would rather close down work than go against the CBN

Fight who you suppose fight na lie

Shading shadows like always

Foolish fool

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu: It Is Illegal To Reject Old Naira Notes In Lagos by Ellasure: 6:46pm On Feb 15, 2023
SeeItSayIt:
Drug servant, feel free to make old notes your legal tender in Lagos. You better think of reconciling with your rejected son before you get doomed.

Yorubas are also not very lucky like some other tribes in Nigeria to have right people in position of authority.

I sincerely feel for the good Yorubas 'cos their level of education is really not playing out on their people holding political positions.

Olodo, oloriburuku oloshi, which your Yoruba section is ruled by touts of no reason like someone with a name starting with b ending with I.

Fyi only touts and very reckless individuals disobey court order made by constitutionally protected law courts. Touts beasts of no nation parading as political leaders that are installed by constituted judges but later disobey the same judges because of unfavourable court pronouncements.

Yoruba people can not be ruled by touts or any beasts of no nation because plenty lawyers will rise up from their graves to confront such a fellow till he be brought down in his own flame of fire and destruction.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: It Is Illegal To Reject Old Naira Notes In Lagos by Nawteemaxie(m): 6:47pm On Feb 15, 2023
BlueRayDick:
The way conductors go beat some people as from tomorrow ehn, una go believe.

Print Gawat screenshot and show conductor say sanwoolu mandates them to collect old notes....If u no visit dentist to help u remove the broken teeth particle by weekend, make I know wetin cause am.

Lwkmd! grin grin

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu: It Is Illegal To Reject Old Naira Notes In Lagos by yomi007k(m): 6:47pm On Feb 15, 2023
ambale:

Shey this one get sense like this

You are threatening people who don't take orders from you, they would rather close down work than go against the CBN

Fight who you suppose fight na lie

Shading shadows like always

Foolish fool

grin

Idiot.... you no fit go back your state because dem go burn you alive and you want the anarchy to spread because you and yours have failed

Failure!
Re: Sanwo-Olu: It Is Illegal To Reject Old Naira Notes In Lagos by Jogs1900: 6:47pm On Feb 15, 2023
Case closed...The governor of economic Capital has spoken..So shall it be..Don't let us forget that Lagos has the largest economy in Nigeria...All the markets in Lagos state are still collecting the old notes. Its a win win for all Lagosians with legal means of livelihood.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu: It Is Illegal To Reject Old Naira Notes In Lagos by Pacesetter123(m): 6:47pm On Feb 15, 2023
kazma1010:
Mr Governor we are expecting u to say dis sin y nw, d bus u are taking abt are rejecting old note I mean d small bus dat blue brt bus, I entered d bus from jakunde gate today they did not collect d old naira note from me and Mr Governor z it is inlegal to reject it
Will those people commenting trash up there hear this?
That even in government owned buses,they are not collecting the old notes in that same Lagos?

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu: It Is Illegal To Reject Old Naira Notes In Lagos by Jogs1900: 6:49pm On Feb 15, 2023
Saao:
Today marriage in registry, ikoyi, government officials rejected old notes from me as settlement, I was forced to do transfer most time. When they reject the money, will governor or government officials be there? Me as it stands, I won't give old note or collect from anyone till further notice.
Must you settle them?If you give them dollar, it doesn't concern us...All the markets in Lagos are still collecting the old notes.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: It Is Illegal To Reject Old Naira Notes In Lagos by Aldol: 6:49pm On Feb 15, 2023
emmyclassic:
The Cabals played Tinubu. The first plan was to half the vote from Tinubu's own region by tricking him to go for a Muslim Muslim ticket knowing fully well that south West region is 50/50 based on religion. The Cabals know 80% of Christians in the southwest won't vote for a Muslim Muslim ticket. Ask yourself this question, have you ever seen a Northern presidential candidate pick a Muslim VP even when his region is about 85% Muslim? Now they are putting anti-people policies in place to further cause more damage to APC/Tinubu.

My point is whoever the cabals are, have their own candidate. When last did you see the PDP attack Labour Party on anything whereas APC is always on the Labour party's case now and again when it should be the other way round as it seems LP has gained a stronghold of major PDP States. There is going to be a shocking coalition between PDP and LP very soon.

Atiku or Peter Obi is either going to be your next President. Tinubu has been played!!
We will still vote Tinubu
Re: Sanwo-Olu: It Is Illegal To Reject Old Naira Notes In Lagos by Advancedman(m): 6:52pm On Feb 15, 2023
Vixlot:
It is illegal to reject old naira notes in Lagos...."

Lagos State Government vows to enforce Supreme Court Ruling

https://twitter.com/Mr_JAGs/status/1625884099247239168?t=eYLwR-5W5RBrrIvCe3JBIA&s=19

It's Nigeria"s currency and not Lagos.
Where is sanwi olu from day one CBN fix the original deadline, Is he not the CIC in Lagos, The statistics and welfare of Lagos citizens are not within is grasp?

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu: It Is Illegal To Reject Old Naira Notes In Lagos by Pacesetter123(m): 6:53pm On Feb 15, 2023
yomi007k:

But the FG can go against Supreme court order?

Why should a state respect a CBN/FG that don't obey the rule of law.
So na today you know say this government no dey obey court order?
Why you want make this one be different?
Cos it affects your oppressors (so called political leaders) who are in the verge of loosing billions of stolen stored money?
Re: Sanwo-Olu: It Is Illegal To Reject Old Naira Notes In Lagos by yomi007k(m): 6:54pm On Feb 15, 2023
Pacesetter123:

So na today you know say this government no dey obey court order?
Why you want make this one be different?
Cos it affects your oppressors (so called political leaders) who are in the verge of loosing billions of stolen stored money?

Let Military take over then. This is no longer a democracy. This is demonstrations of craze.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: It Is Illegal To Reject Old Naira Notes In Lagos by Jogs1900: 6:55pm On Feb 15, 2023
cumoverna:
There has to be another way to stop vote buying, this redesign is killing this country, I haven't worked for 5 days now.
Chief, try to think outside the box..If you are a family man, I don't think it will be easy not being able to work for 5 full days because of this anti people policy.
Mercci
Re: Sanwo-Olu: It Is Illegal To Reject Old Naira Notes In Lagos by blowjohn(m): 6:59pm On Feb 15, 2023
Where r the new notes
Re: Sanwo-Olu: It Is Illegal To Reject Old Naira Notes In Lagos by Pacesetter123(m): 7:00pm On Feb 15, 2023
Vixlot:
It is illegal to reject old naira notes in Lagos...."

Lagos State Government vows to enforce Supreme Court Ruling

https://twitter.com/Mr_JAGs/status/1625884099247239168?t=eYLwR-5W5RBrrIvCe3JBIA&s=19
N o n s e n s e and ingredients!
De governor go follow the common man go market to see wen they will be rejecting the old naira notes to arrest them?
Illegality my foot!!!
Only mumu people go follow this man cos as him don talk,e don finish like that.
Till next year, you no go hear dat kind talk for him mouth again not talk of implementing it.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: It Is Illegal To Reject Old Naira Notes In Lagos by Saao(m): 7:04pm On Feb 15, 2023
Jogs1900:

Must you settle them?If you give them dollar, it doesn't concern us...All the markets in Lagos are still collecting the old notes.
lol government offices in Nigeria? You must settle them if not you remain there. They will ask you as if its there right. I don't have dollars to give oo. Its a normal thing in most government establishment. Civil servants are the most corrupt in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu: It Is Illegal To Reject Old Naira Notes In Lagos by eldoradoxx: 7:08pm On Feb 15, 2023
The APC Governors can issue any directive as they wish, but it does not change anything, old naira currency has stopped being legal tender in Nigeria. Anybody that receives payment in old currency has thrown away his money.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: It Is Illegal To Reject Old Naira Notes In Lagos by Jack500: 7:10pm On Feb 15, 2023
SeeItSayIt:

Tell me your tribe and let me know the right people at the helm of affairs in your state, you obviously need sense
Re: Sanwo-Olu: It Is Illegal To Reject Old Naira Notes In Lagos by SeeItSayIt: 7:11pm On Feb 15, 2023
Ellasure:

Olodo, oloriburuku oloshi, which your Yoruba section is ruled by touts of no reason like someone with a name starting with b ending with I.

Fyi only touts and very reckless individuals disobey court order made by constitutionally protected law courts. Touts beasts of no nation parading as political leaders that are installed by constituted judges but later disobey the same judges because of unfavourable court pronouncements.

Yoruba people can not be ruled by touts or any beasts of no nation because plenty lawyers will rise up from their graves to confront such a fellow till he be brought down in his own flame of fire and destruction.

But your best professor of law is vicing the same administration brought by your bat. Who's rather olodo now?
Re: Sanwo-Olu: It Is Illegal To Reject Old Naira Notes In Lagos by BecomeALandLord(m): 7:12pm On Feb 15, 2023
Talk to the banks first to start collecting the old notes.
When the banks aren't collecting the old notes, how do you expect small businesses to collect it?
Re: Sanwo-Olu: It Is Illegal To Reject Old Naira Notes In Lagos by SeeItSayIt: 7:15pm On Feb 15, 2023
Bolaji1996:
Abeg which of the tribes are you? grin

Correct & educate me with evidence, if I'm wrong. As much as I knew, one of your best professor of law among are very much active in this same administration.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: It Is Illegal To Reject Old Naira Notes In Lagos by Jamesbiodun(m): 7:15pm On Feb 15, 2023
Them just want to use our money kill us angry
Re: Sanwo-Olu: It Is Illegal To Reject Old Naira Notes In Lagos by RealTalkNoBull: 7:16pm On Feb 15, 2023
emmyclassic:
The Cabals played Tinubu. The first plan was to half the vote from Tinubu's own region by tricking him to go for a Muslim Muslim ticket knowing fully well that south West region is 50/50 based on religion. The Cabals know 80% of Christians in the southwest won't vote for a Muslim Muslim ticket. Ask yourself this question, have you ever seen a Northern presidential candidate pick a Muslim VP even when his region is about 85% Muslim? Now they are putting anti-people policies in place to further cause more damage to APC/Tinubu.

The Entire Western Region (Including Delta and Edo State) never played politics of religion until the South East started habitating in those areas and introduced their bigoted and intolerant way of living on the populace.

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu: It Is Illegal To Reject Old Naira Notes In Lagos by enomakos(m): 7:18pm On Feb 15, 2023
Nice development
Re: Sanwo-Olu: It Is Illegal To Reject Old Naira Notes In Lagos by Nobody: 7:18pm On Feb 15, 2023
yomi007k:

We are talking about survival , you are talking about elections. Na today dem don dey postpone election? No be who chop or dey alive go vote? People have not gone to work for 5 days because they cannot access cash or will public transport use transfer/ Pos?

The naira redesign policy was dead on arrival and that's the cause of the tension. When CBN knows they can't deliver new notes, why take up the old notes.

At this point even if military take over, it will be better becos Buhari/ Emefiele drew first blood.

God bless you ojare. Is it today Lagos and the SW have been showing 'dem no send Buhari' and that everything is about the "survival" and wellbeing of their people above elections and politics?

What election was upon us when Sanwo Olu joined other SW leaders to demand what is shown below? I.e regional governance, resource control and greater autonomy for non-federal tiers of governance?

Were we in election week when Sanwo Olu dragged the FG to Court over VAT collection?

Crucial to remember also that Sanwo Olu is effectively fighting his own President because Lagos is a part of the FG-led centre courtesy of Party affiliation with the ruling Party. Yet that did not stop Lagos doing what she felt she had to do in the interest of her people.

Someday it will dawn on people that SW political/cultural leaders and intelligentsia class have now ideologically departed from 'one Nigeria' completely thanks to Buhari's rule.

In fact the second term of Buhari has been consumed with his battle against the SW who were always demanding more autonomy and a change of the system through their State houses of Assembly.

They used such to ban open grazing legally. Something that would not have pleased many Fulani irredentists.

In fact this is what the Aso Rock cabal is mainly afraid of. I.e a South west that can change, for the better, the moribund and oppressive structure of Nigeria they wish to keep in place.

I will give the entire forum a clue per the uniformity of Yoruba leadership thinking today which of course mirrors the wider opinion and mood of ordinary Yorubas.

Obi visited OPC leader Gani Adams a few days ago. The Are Ona Kakanfo, who cannot be viewed an ally of Tinubu and is actually a former PDP stalwart of GEJ, simply emphasized to Obi his desire that Nigeria must gain a President who can restructure our nation and ensure everyone develop at their own "tempo".

It is this beautiful synergy and uniformity of thinking from Yoruba leaders, across Party, sectional and religious lines, that shows me whatever forces of backwardness are planning will be defeated in the end to make way for the birth of the new Nigeria Yorubas are now uncompromising demanding. A demand greater than Tinubu or any individual.

People should check out the two stances below to note what the 'war' being fought is really about even as many Nigerians are too ignorant, bigoted and hateful to perceive what is very obvious.

4 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu: It Is Illegal To Reject Old Naira Notes In Lagos by Jogs1900: 7:20pm On Feb 15, 2023
Saao:
lol government offices in Nigeria? You must settle them if not you remain there. They will ask you as if its there right. I don't have dollars to give oo. Its a normal thing in most government establishment. Civil servants are the most corrupt in Nigeria.
Waoh...The problem of this country is we the masses not the political leaders...After all, Buhari nor the supervising Minister of the ministry didn't ask them to ask for bribes.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: It Is Illegal To Reject Old Naira Notes In Lagos by enomakos(m): 7:21pm On Feb 15, 2023
Saao:
civil servants are truly the most corrupt in Nigeria,politicans learn work for them
Re: Sanwo-Olu: It Is Illegal To Reject Old Naira Notes In Lagos by SeeItSayIt: 7:21pm On Feb 15, 2023
Jack500:

Tell me your tribe and let me know the right people at the helm of affairs in your state, you obviously need sense

You see, you've started with insult but if I chose to take you up now, you'll jump to playing victim's card. Obviously some of you have no decorum but quick to claim it.

If you can read & understand, I as well mentioned other tribes but dilution won't allow you to digest properly.

If you guys are as smart as claimed, would you have made a professor vice to one who couldn't defend his secondary school education?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Leaked Memo: DSS Arrests Abuja- Kaduna Train Manager / Fashola And Kwankwaso Honoured By Babcock University (Photos) / PDP Drags Amaechi To EFCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.