Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,002 members, 7,838,515 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:29 AM

Why I'm Being Attacked By Detractors - Okonjo-Iweala - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I'm Being Attacked By Detractors - Okonjo-Iweala (6017 Views)

Why I’m Being Attacked Over Card Readers — Jega / Breaking News! Rivers State Government House Is Being Attacked By Ogoni Youths! / Tinubu’s Record Trumps His Detractors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I'm Being Attacked By Detractors - Okonjo-Iweala by denitro(m): 2:03pm On Sep 12, 2011
ak47mann:

Why I’m Under Attack – Okonjo-iweala

We will load it on the website so that Nigerians can see what their states and local governments receive monthly. That is transparency in action”, she said.

VANGUARD NEWSPAPER

Please which website was it posted on? I want to read it

I check http://www.nigeria.gov.ng/ and this is waht I saw

Fatal Error !

by Elemento_pcx & s4r4d0 ,

"Seja você mesmo mas não seja sempre o mesmo" , G. o Pensador ,

Help ? s4r4d0[at]yahoo.com  & elemento_pcx[at]yahoo.com.br
Re: Why I'm Being Attacked By Detractors - Okonjo-Iweala by Kobojunkie: 2:07pm On Sep 12, 2011
Re: Why I'm Being Attacked By Detractors - Okonjo-Iweala by denitro(m): 2:14pm On Sep 12, 2011
Kobojunkie:

^^^ http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/09/why-im-under-attack-okonjo-iweala/

Sorry I mean the website Okonjo-iweala said they have posted what states and local governments receive monthly,

We will load it on the website so that Nigerians can see what their states and local governments receive monthly. That is transparency in action”, she said.

VANGUARD NEWSPAPER
[quote][/quote]
Re: Why I'm Being Attacked By Detractors - Okonjo-Iweala by kulutempa: 2:25pm On Sep 12, 2011
I think the issue of transparency needs to go further than Madam Ngozi is advocating.  I think as from now on, we should have[b] a monthly publication of all Federal government contracts that have been awarded, included those that have not been completed, the dates of the awards, the value of the contracts, the contractor to whom the contracts were awarded, and the start and completion dates of the contracts. [/b] In this way we would be able to monitor how our money is being spent as well as the execution of the contracts.   I hope Mrs Ngozi is reading this and is able to implement these reforms because they  will go a long way towards sanitizing our corrupt system of contract awards, and making it more transparent.  The citizens would also be able to see through the[b] propaganda[/b] we hear everyday from government officials and politicians  when they say things like  "we are going to build more power plants, more roads,  new railway lines, blah, blah, blah".
Re: Why I'm Being Attacked By Detractors - Okonjo-Iweala by deenee: 2:27pm On Sep 12, 2011
denitro:

Sorry I mean the website Okonjo-iweala said they have posted what states and local governments receive monthly,

VANGUARD NEWSPAPER

It has not been done yet but this was the trend when she was a minister serving under OBJ. It will be published in national dailies and made public very soon as she has indicated. With this, you as a Nigerian that has a stake in and is interested in the sustained growth of our country can know how monies allocated have been spent.

BTW, nobody seems to be interested in the fact that 60% of funds allocated for capital projects in the 2011 budget will not see the light of the day and will not be returned to government coffers, yet we are all screaming 'foul' because of some report whose source calls for intense questioning!
Re: Why I'm Being Attacked By Detractors - Okonjo-Iweala by Kabikala(m): 2:32pm On Sep 12, 2011
This dumb response by Madam Ngozi had made me to conclude that she might not be as smart as we all assumed. Detractors? Rather than leave the rebuttal to I-never-influenced-anyone-to-award-contracts, or I-don't-know-any-Jon-Jon, she has to pin it at the door of some imaginary enemy.
Personally, I choose to believe this story.
Re: Why I'm Being Attacked By Detractors - Okonjo-Iweala by Claus(m): 2:33pm On Sep 12, 2011
deenee:

Why make the allegations 'public' now?, when the 'supposed contract and kickback' for the debt deal was consumated around 2004-2005.

I beg to ask this queation-If Dr. Okonjo-Iweala is not part of GEJ's cabinet and is not at the forefront, advocating for a 'reformed Nigeria' (something that we all desire) , will these 'Wikileaks report' come out? I am not saying that she is a 'saint' but it is high time we begin to critically analyse information before we 'react'.

As one of my mentors would always say- the media is a 'deceptive tool' that has been used to control the 'thought process' of people and with the advent of social media, it is an easy tool used to turn people into 'clones'.

Media-black man's KRYPTONITE

Kobojunkie:

Julian Assange ,  you are wanted in Nigeria ooo!!!! You are now Okonjo-Iweala's detractor oooo. . . .  She is "fighting against corruption", and you are the one fighting her back ooo!!!

Kobojunkie:

So, wikileaks would not have released this leak if Iweala, who was just one of those named in this particular leak, had not been brought back to Nigeria from the WB??  

I think I have my dose of the Nigerian delusion to sustain me for the whole day.

Just so you guys don't go off on the wrong tangent, the Sahara Reporters article goes "yet another WikiLeaks US cable issued in 2006 says".

It appears the Wikileaks report itself came out in 2006, so there is no suggestion that Okonjo-Iweala is accusing Wikileaks as one of the detractors to her current position.
Re: Why I'm Being Attacked By Detractors - Okonjo-Iweala by deenee: 2:35pm On Sep 12, 2011
kulutempa:

I think the issue of transparency needs to go further than Madam Ngozi is advocating.  I think as from now on, we should have a monthly publication of all Federal government contracts that have been awarded, included those that have not been completed, the dates of the awards, the value of the contracts, the contractor to whom the contracts were awarded, and the start and completion dates of the contracts.  In this way we would be able to monitor how our money is being spent as well as the execution of the contracts.   I hope Mrs Ngozi is reading this and is able to implement these reforms because they  will go a long way towards sanitizing our corrupt system of contract awards, and making it more transparent.

Thank you, God bless and spot on! This was the trend during OBJ's tenure, it was stopped when Yar'Adua became President. we need to see which companies have been awarded contracts, amounts involved and whether 'due process' is followed, at least  for a start!
Re: Why I'm Being Attacked By Detractors - Okonjo-Iweala by cold(m): 2:35pm On Sep 12, 2011
Suddenly someone who was anti- Assange & bashing him for his poor ethics and for publishing classified American documents have suddenly become a fan.Lol,talk about being consistently inconsistent

Kobojunkie:

It is possible he did not do it for the money or maybe not for the popularity either, who knows. I have a hard time figuring him out as he does not come off as someone who truly cares about the people or the plight of the people. In an interview on his publishing a Kenyan report, he said something like, even though the information resulted in the death of about 1300 people (the 2007 Kenyan election/massacre that ensued) he believed Kenya was better off, than if he had not released the document in the open.
On the stealing and publication of documents not meant for the public domain YET, I think he knew what he was getting into, and even after so many warnings took it on himself to continue and so should be prepared for whatever should follow.  

Kobojunkie:

There is freedom of press. . .  even in Nigeria. That is a none issue. Also, computer programmers, especially those who work with governmental agencies understand the amount of power at they hold when it comes to access to data but millions continue to resist that temptation to go against policy . . . to steal data from these organizations.

That assange has the skills, and a passion for journalism is not really enough reason for a man to release information that could potentially plunge the world into war, in my opinion.

Kobojunkie:

The US government currently does not have a problem with the vast amount of information it makes openly available to Americans since there is freedom of information in this country. However, when individuals take it on themselves to STEAL confidential or secret data, then there is a problem and that is where this issue is. Is it OK for individuals to STEAL and then publish information that is not meant to be in the public domain without consequence?

Re: Why I'm Being Attacked By Detractors - Okonjo-Iweala by Kobojunkie: 2:39pm On Sep 12, 2011
Claus:

Just so you guys don't go off on the wrong tangent, the Sahara Reporters article goes "yet another WikiLeaks US cable issued in 2006 says".

It appears the Wikileaks report itself came out in 2006, so there is no suggestion that Okonjo-Iweala is accusing Wikileaks as one of the detractors to her current position.

HUH?? What tangent again now? the Wikileaks report came out just last month(Wikileaks, the site was created, I believe in 2009/20101). There is absolutely no way the site could have reported anything of this sort back in 2006.

The original memo/leak(stolen by wikileaks from the US Government) was created back in 2006. Since Wikileaks  is responsible for this news SURFACING in 2011, it makes sense to suggest that Madam may probably be blaming Assange for this. ROFLMAO!!
Re: Why I'm Being Attacked By Detractors - Okonjo-Iweala by Nobody: 2:41pm On Sep 12, 2011
Jonjon is the name of the company alleged involved in the Abuja deal not her brother's name as being mistaken.
Re: Why I'm Being Attacked By Detractors - Okonjo-Iweala by deenee: 2:45pm On Sep 12, 2011
Claus:

Excellent observation! To the best of my knowlegde, I  have seen the the seminal 'wikileak' reports especially those related to Nigeria.  Though, I am yet to see the 'original wikileak' cable related to the 'allegation' and I am currently searching the web for it. Hence, my view that the source must be 'authenticated' (I would be grateful if you can provide access to this?)

BTW, Sahara Reporters?  
Re: Why I'm Being Attacked By Detractors - Okonjo-Iweala by Kobojunkie: 2:49pm On Sep 12, 2011
Sahara Reporters reported on a leak in existence, so blaming saharareporters in anyway is another sign of the Nigerian delusion. grin
Re: Why I'm Being Attacked By Detractors - Okonjo-Iweala by pinkrex(m): 2:53pm On Sep 12, 2011
kobojunkie is fighting another battle of Okonjo here grin grin grin grin grin

But do you envy her a lil? no offence meant
Re: Why I'm Being Attacked By Detractors - Okonjo-Iweala by EkoIle1: 2:57pm On Sep 12, 2011
This Asange guy from wiki cooked up the story just to bring down this corrupt and incompetent GEJ government, It's the same old okie dokie move, turn the table on the messenger and not the story itself. These crooked people know how to con nigerians.

What about just doing the most basic by simply saying I dis not award the contract to my brother or any of his affiliations. I have it to MR A or B and let nigerians take it from there.

We are asking the wrong questions and it looks like she is under attack, who she gave the contract to is all I'm interested in. If her brother did not get the contract, then who did??
Re: Why I'm Being Attacked By Detractors - Okonjo-Iweala by SisiKill1: 2:58pm On Sep 12, 2011
Kabikala:

This dumb response by Madam Ngozi had made me to conclude that she might not be as smart as we all assumed. Detractors? Rather than leave the rebuttal to I-never-influenced-anyone-to-award-contracts, or I-don't-know-any-Jon-Jon, she has to pin it at the door of some imaginary enemy.
Personally, I choose to believe this story.

If she doesn't use the good ol "My enemies are after me" defense, how else is she going to appeal to the lowest common denominator? Please leave the woman alone oh, at least she is smart enough to know the people she is dealing with. . .She knows what most Nigerians fear is their "enemies" detracting and/or overtaking their success, so she is telling them what they want to hear. While they all close their eyes, praying the "Enemies Must die" prayer for her, they miss what's really happening.

Brilliant Strategy I say!
Re: Why I'm Being Attacked By Detractors - Okonjo-Iweala by Claus(m): 3:18pm On Sep 12, 2011
Kobojunkie:

HUH?? What tangent again now? the Wikileaks report came out just last month(Wikileaks, the site was created, I believe in 2009/20101). There is absolutely no way the site could have reported anything of this sort back in 2006.

The original memo/leak(stolen by wikileaks from the US Government) was created back in 2006. Since Wikileaks is responsible for this news SURFACING in 2011, it makes sense to suggest that Madam may probably be blaming Assange for this. ROFLMAO!!

It does make sense that Sahara Reporters are referring to 2006 as the date the original cable was issued.

BTW Wikileaks wasn't created in 2009/2010. According to the website itself, it was "officially launched" in 2007, but it also has archives from 2006 to date, suggesting it was in operation before 2007. Therefore the Sahara Reporter's quote could easily be misinterpreted.

The main point I am trying to draw out though is that it is unlikely that Okonjo Iweala is accusing Wikileaks of being one of her detractors. She has clearly said that the people she is accusing were those that tried to dissuade her from taking office in the first place. They are likely to be Nigerians.

I am however surprised that she has used this angle of detractors to defend herself, since this is the same excuse all the corrupt politicians use.

Personally, my guess would be that she is not corrupt and I believe she is good for Nigeria.
Re: Why I'm Being Attacked By Detractors - Okonjo-Iweala by Kobojunkie: 3:47pm On Sep 12, 2011
Claus:

It does make sense that Sahara Reporters are referring to 2006 as the date the original cable was issued.

BTW Wikileaks wasn't created in 2009/2010. According to the website itself, it was "officially launched" in 2007, but it also has archives from 2006 to date, suggesting it was in operation before 2007. Therefore the Sahara Reporter's quote could easily be misinterpreted.

The main point I am trying to draw out though is that it is unlikely that Okonjo Iweala is accusing Wikileaks of being one of her detractors. She has clearly said that the people she is accusing were those that tried to dissuade her from taking office in the first place. They are likely to be Nigerians.

I am however surprised that she has used this angle of detractors to defend herself, since this is the same excuse all the corrupt politicians use.

Personally, my guess would be that she is not corrupt and I believe she is good for Nigeria.

Your entries on the position of wikileaks in this does not make sense, my friend. Please step back, review what REALLY happened, and then come back, re-read your post here and maybe you will see why I say "you are not making any sense at all".

**Again, Wikileaks(cable) site which is hosting the document was not, I repeat, was not in existence in 2006 to know of Okonjo iweala and her troubles in Nigeria. If you need to brush up on Wikileaks and why I would make the statements I made, you may need to look up wikipedia or something to know how it is not possible that wikileaks had knowledge of this particular allegation back in 2006
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WikiLeaks

** Also, the archives which you point to where STOLEN in 2010. Again, consult wikileaks history to learn more of this. I am not certain how in this day and age, anyone would make the sort of claims you are attempting(out of desperation it seems) on this issue.

**An allegation existed, and she confirmed that it did. Regardless of your personal pot of soup, our democracy should not be reduced to what you think or do not think in any issue. We have a situation that needs to be investigated, and if already, the details made public. Simple!

** If she has detractors, why announce them now? I mean she has been in office for how long? More than a month, and nothing has stopped the woman from telling us all of her many intentions. Why decide NOW to tell us of her detractors when this is the MAIN issue up in the media about her?
Re: Why I'm Being Attacked By Detractors - Okonjo-Iweala by HighChief4(m): 3:59pm On Sep 12, 2011
Kobojunkie:

You are not making any sense at all, my friend. Please step back, review what REALLY happened, and then come back, re-read your post here and maybe you will see why I say "you are not making any sense at all".

**Again, Wikileaks(cable) site which is hosting the document was not, I repeat, was not in existence in 2006. If you need to brush up on Wikileaks and why I would make the statements I made, you may need to look up wikipedia or something to know how it is not possible that wikileaks had knowledge of this particular allegation back in 2006

** Also, the archives which you point to where STOLEN in 2010. Again, consult wikileaks history to learn more of this. I am not certain how in this day and age, anyone would make the sort of claims you are attempting(out of desperation it seems) on this issue.

**An allegation existed, and she confirmed that it did. Regardless of your personal pot of soup, our democracy should not be reduced to what you think or do not think in any issue. We have a situation that needs to be investigated, and if already, the details made public. Simple!

Why are you always so fast to accuse this woman, have you confirmed if the allegations are correct or not before sayin that her past is castching up on her? how are you so sure? Do you know if the person that told the US ambassador was trying to tarnish her image? Are you being rational in all you have said about this woman? If you are really a smart person, you should know that when someone is accused and he/she refutes it, the person remains innocent until proven otherwise.

You have always been against this woman even before she took up the job, if this woman was that corrupt dont you think she would have jumped at the opportunity when the job was offered to her, do you know so many people lobby for such position but she was not eager for it(it takes a lot to do that and you too can lobby for it). Do you think that this woman's detractors will just sit down and wait for her to get at them? Anyways, like every other person here, we all know that you have deep rooted hatred for this woman for no just reason, if you are actually one of those working against her as she mentioned, please allow her do her job. Thank you
Re: Why I'm Being Attacked By Detractors - Okonjo-Iweala by Claus(m): 4:03pm On Sep 12, 2011
Kobojunkie:

You are not making any sense at all, my friend. Please step back, review what REALLY happened, and then come back, re-read your post here and maybe you will see why I say "you are not making any sense at all".

**Again, Wikileaks(cable) site which is hosting the document was not, I repeat, was not in existence in 2006. If you need to brush up on Wikileaks and why I would make the statements I made, you may need to look up wikipedia or something to know how it is not possible that wikileaks had knowledge of this particular allegation back in 2006

Hold your horses. Perhaps YOU need to re-read what I wrote. My very first sentence said "It DOES make sense that Sahara Reporters are referring to 2006 as the date the ORIGINAL cable was issued".

I was AGREEING with you!!!

However, I was also pointing out that Wikileaks was in existence before the 2009/2010 years you mentioned. If you look at the Wikipedia that you recommended to me, you'll see that they claim Wikileaks was launched in 2006.

Nigeria's democracy should not be reduced to what I think or do not think about any issue, however, what we all think about issues should be allowed on discussion forums like Nairaland as long as they are done within the normal rules of etiquette.
Re: Why I'm Being Attacked By Detractors - Okonjo-Iweala by cold(m): 4:08pm On Sep 12, 2011
^^I was surprised myself at the attack.My initial thoughts after your comment was that you were concurring with her line of argument no matter how unreasonable until I read her retort.I had to go back & re-read your post to see if I had skipped anything.Na wa o cheesy
Re: Why I'm Being Attacked By Detractors - Okonjo-Iweala by Kobojunkie: 4:10pm On Sep 12, 2011
Claus:

Hold your horses. Perhaps YOU need to re-read what I wrote. My very first sentence said "It DOES make sense that Sahara Reporters are referring to 2006 as the date the ORIGINAL cable was issued".

I was AGREEING with you!!!

How can you agree with me there when I never made such a claim. The original Cable was dated back to 2006, and so it makes absolute sense that SaharaReporters would refer to 2006, the date on the memo, which was leaked. That Wikileaks revealed this memo in 2011 DOES NOT change the fact that the memo was created back in 2006, when the allegation was supposedly made against her.

I seriously suggest you go to the wikileak page to see the memo for yourself. Nigerians have a habit of running off with the headlines without spending time doing some investigating of their own. That same memo documents some other allegations that have over the years surfaced and many of them today in courts. Why are people making irrational excuses for this one? If Igbinedion, or Odili, or even Rocha, all of whom where also on that list, had offered this sob excuse, would you all had bought it too?

Claus:

However, I was also pointing out that Wikileaks was in existence before the 2009/2010 years you mentioned. If you look at the Wikipedia that you recommended to me, you'll see that they claim Wikileaks was launched in 2006.
The Cable site that hosts the documents was not in existence in 2006, sorry. That spider site came up more recently than that and the documents, that are the source of the leak, came into the hands of Wikileaks after the memos were stolen from the US in 2009/2010. Not before! So it is wrong to claim Wikileaks had it in for Iweala from way back in 2006 when the memos that were stolen, were likely created.

Claus:

Nigeria's democracy should not be reduced to what I think or do not think about any issue, however, what we all think about issues should be allowed on discussion forums like Nairaland as long as they are done within the normal rules of etiquette.

Sure we should but I don't think we should expect our personal opinions on issues to trump the need for issues to be thoroughly investigated and the truth made public as it ought to, in every democracy.
Re: Why I'm Being Attacked By Detractors - Okonjo-Iweala by Claus(m): 4:56pm On Sep 12, 2011
Kobojunkie:

How can you agree with me there when I never made such a claim. The original Cable was dated back to 2006, and so it makes absolute sense that SaharaReporters would refer to 2006, the date on the memo, which was leaked. That Wikileaks revealed this memo in 2011 DOES NOT change the fact that the memo was created back in 2006, when the allegation was supposedly made against her.

In order to put this to bed, I am saying I agree that the original U.S. cable that Wikileaks referred to was issued in 2006.

After your post, I actually went back to read the cable itself which showed that it was sent in 2006 by the U.S. Ambassador.

Kobojunkie:

The Cable site that hosts the documents was not in existence in 2006, sorry. That spider site came up more recently than that and the documents, that are the source of the leak, came into the hands of Wikileaks after the memos were stolen from the US in 2009/2010. Not before! So it is wrong to claim Wikileaks had it in for Iweala from way back in 2006 when the memos that were stolen, were likely created.

No need to be sorry.

My response was directed at your comments that you believed Wikileaks, the site, was created in 2009/2010, something we both now know not to be true.

If you read my post properly you would also see that I made no such claim that Wikileaks had it in for Iweala from way back in 2006.

Kobojunkie:

Sure we should but I don't think we should expect our personal opinions on issues to trump the need for issues to be thoroughly investigated and the truth made public as it ought to, in every democracy.

No such suggestion has been made. The fact that I would "guess" that she is not corrupt and "believe" that she is good for Nigeria does not preclude the need for a thorough investigation into allegations against her. It is definitely not a suggestion that my "personal opinions should trump the need for issues to be thoroughly investigated".
Re: Why I'm Being Attacked By Detractors - Okonjo-Iweala by Kobojunkie: 5:02pm On Sep 12, 2011
Claus:

My response was directed at your comments that you believed Wikileaks, the site, was created in 2009/2010, something we both now know not to be true.

If you read my post properly you would also see that I made no such claim that Wikileaks had it in for Iweala from way back in 2006.

No such suggestion has been made. The fact that I would "guess" that she is not corrupt and "believe" that she is good for Nigeria does not preclude the need for a thorough investigation into allegations against her. It is definitely not a suggestion that my "personal opinions should trump the need for issues to be thoroughly investigated".

1) The official wikileak website which practically houses none of the documents since the case against assange began was created in 2007
2) the clone sites which have been popping up in response to the shutting down of many of the wiki-leaks have only been around since 2009/2010. This particular leak is hosted on one of those dummy sites.

OK! I accept that you are hence not one of the hooligans who have attempted to turn this debate into some sort of US vs THEM debate with the inane idea that demanding an investigation/reveal of the truth of what happened here suggest she is guilty. grin
Re: Why I'm Being Attacked By Detractors - Okonjo-Iweala by Rhea(f): 5:05pm On Sep 12, 2011
Wikileak has been releasing US embassy notes for a long time now. The authenticity of those documents have never been called to question. If not, why has the US government been hounding Julian Assange.

Nobody questioned the authenticity of the releases when the likes of James Ibori and Joshua Dariye were gracing the headlines. Now that it is the turn of El Rufai and Okonjo Iweala, all hell is being let loose.

The information is there for us all to interpret as we deem fit.
Re: Why I'm Being Attacked By Detractors - Okonjo-Iweala by manny4life(m): 5:57pm On Sep 12, 2011
Rhea:

Wikileak has been releasing US embassy notes for a long time now. The authenticity of those documents have never been called to question. If not, why has the US government been hounding Julian Assange.

Nobody questioned the authenticity of the releases when the likes of James Ibori and Joshua Dariye were gracing the headlines. Now that it is the turn of El Rufai and Okonjo Iweala, all hell is being let loose.

The information is there for us all to interpret as we deem fit.

Are you gonna say something you know or not? What U.S. has been hounding Julian Assange? The first original cable leaks from the Department of State and Defense if I am correct, that was authenticated because the snitch and treacherous analyst who leaked it is behind bars, as for the rest, where are they? Please, read about the Dept of Justice, they decided they will not pursue Assange because of several reasons and like they quoted, Attorney General Holder, said that they did not have enough evidence to pursue Mr. Assange neither on legal or international grounds and as state, treasury, defense secretaries all confirmed, NO TOP SECRET, particularly those classified into a specific compartment WAS LEAKED. Now I could be wrong, however, I stand to be corrected. The leaker was a LOW - LEVEL INTELLIGENCE ANALYST, so I guess did not have necessary clearance to higher classified materials. Even DOJ admits that until they find evidence that shows they hurt the administration (as much as Obama wants to), they CANNOT.
Re: Why I'm Being Attacked By Detractors - Okonjo-Iweala by Rhea(f): 6:18pm On Sep 12, 2011
manny4life:

Are you gonna say something you know or not?

I am gonna say something I know.
Re: Why I'm Being Attacked By Detractors - Okonjo-Iweala by manny4life(m): 6:36pm On Sep 12, 2011
Rhea:

I am gonna say something I know.

Then say as it is; US isn't "hounding" or "searching" for Assange.
Re: Why I'm Being Attacked By Detractors - Okonjo-Iweala by ShipIt(m): 7:47pm On Sep 12, 2011
Me I'm tired of all this conspiracy talk of ghosts trying to bring Jonathans government down. If you ask me, he s doing a great job of it all by himself
Re: Why I'm Being Attacked By Detractors - Okonjo-Iweala by Kobojunkie: 8:02pm On Sep 12, 2011
^^^ That is all to obvious to anyone who still resides in the rational world. I mean even Iweala leveled another hit against the administration by disclosing that there are missing implementation plans(or so I think I read) of the 2011 budget. In essence, open market since the last 9 months.
Re: Why I'm Being Attacked By Detractors - Okonjo-Iweala by ayusco: 8:20pm On Sep 12, 2011
don't know okonjo-iweala from adam but as regards the wikileaks 'disclosure' isn't it curious that it just now when she's back in govt that these accusations are surfacing? looking at the actual leak all it says is that she did this awarded that which any numbskull on the street can do instead we get no clear evidence or paper trail e.g so called brothers real name, bank account, documentation linking 'jon jon' to the finance ministry but what do we get? nothing. nada. zilch. personally if no one can back up this accusation against Dr. Ngozi with hard verifiable facts they should just zip it. if the accusations(which i doubt) are proven to be true i will be first to call for her resignation
Re: Why I'm Being Attacked By Detractors - Okonjo-Iweala by felixzo1(m): 9:08pm On Sep 12, 2011
I do not know what some people thick wiki leaks is, some gospel truth hidden by the US government and discovered. Any allegations made without any sort of evidence to back it up is rubbish. Anybody can write anything to suit his selffish aim. What has this woman done wrong in the eyes of Nigerians

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kabiru Sokoto Didn't Meet Amnesty Committee Members / Why Are PDP Members Rejoicing When Saraki And Dogara Are APC Members? / The Faces Of Idiots Who Destroyed Nigeria In 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.