Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,126 members, 7,835,776 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:52 PM

Can You Survive On A 10,000 Weekly Pay? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Survive On A 10,000 Weekly Pay? (16284 Views)

How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man / How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria / Did You Have This Kind Of Parent As A Kid? How Did You Survive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Survive On A 10,000 Weekly Pay? by Afolue(m): 2:43pm On Feb 21, 2023
Yes. More than enough even. Cut your cut according to your material, not size. As long as e sha cover body, you will be much better than girls who dress naked. How much gate man dey earn, primary school teacher, cleaner etc. and this pple get family living strong with hopes…

1 Like

Re: Can You Survive On A 10,000 Weekly Pay? by Nonebadman(m): 2:45pm On Feb 21, 2023
E be lyk na woman dey chop him money if not I see no reason why foodstuffs plus 10k weekly will be a problem for someone not having responsibilities yet

1 Like

Re: Can You Survive On A 10,000 Weekly Pay? by Sunisonflex39(m): 2:48pm On Feb 21, 2023
Nice2023:
Your brother is going to be a dangerous spender if u guys don't manage him very well.

During my schools days,I made it a point of duty to to eat twice a day. I will take tea and cabin biscuits in the morning for lectures while I eat strong fufu in the afternoon and a enough water after wards.

At the end of my 5years course,I saved some good money after graduation.

See,that money I saved then,was what I used to invest and after a long years...I have duplicated it to 88million naira today.

I hate to see people who usually eat their future upfront. It is not always rosy after graduation.

Tell ur brother not to live big on campus,tomorrow will demystify all his actions.

The money is even too much for such a young man like him.

Sir..please bless me with 5k let me use and stock my house with garri against Saturday...abeg
Re: Can You Survive On A 10,000 Weekly Pay? by EngrKemp: 2:50pm On Feb 21, 2023
Treassured:

I duplicated mine to N450 Million.

I am Worth over N700 Million today.

The Power of Savings and Discipline can not be over emphasized.
Abeg which machine una use dey duplicate this money..

Make una give me heads up pls

1 Like

Re: Can You Survive On A 10,000 Weekly Pay? by Sixfeetbelle: 2:52pm On Feb 21, 2023
Nemesis0147:
we buy him foodstuffs and textbooks separately
So the 100k na just pocket money

Do it monthly.

My parents placed me on a monthly upkeep. So, no matter how I spend, I dare not call home for money until that month ends. And because of that, I learnt to manage.

30k a month should be okay. 40k a month is you guys being generous.
Re: Can You Survive On A 10,000 Weekly Pay? by Zedoo(m): 2:55pm On Feb 21, 2023
Nemesis0147:
Good morning fams,

Hope you guys are good?
Please can someone survive on a 10k weekly pay in this country?
What prompted me to ask this question is because our last born…during my days in school,we survived on a 30k in Esut and this was allowance apart from foodstuffs and textbooks and this was just 2016.
I use to take food stuffs when going back to school.
But our last born (brother) who is still in 100 level can’t survive with 100k for a semester….
We do give him food stuffs and money for textbooks separately…
He just called our mother that he is out of cash…dy no born am well to call me sha…
me and my immediate young brother want to place him on a weekly pay instead of monthly/semester…..what do you guys think?

He is spoilt...
Re: Can You Survive On A 10,000 Weekly Pay? by tfash96(m): 2:57pm On Feb 21, 2023
EngrKemp:

U r not managing..

U r suffering bro.
Which one's he's suffering?We still have almost 5 days left in the week...Have you seen his bank account?

1 Like

Re: Can You Survive On A 10,000 Weekly Pay? by leovictor15(m): 2:59pm On Feb 21, 2023
Omoooo people get money for this country ooo 😂😂😂. I’m currently a university student and my allowance per week is 4K (it was 3k before my dad just increased it last year) and they don’t give me food stuffs ooo

It’s well

1 Like

Re: Can You Survive On A 10,000 Weekly Pay? by KellyFORMAT(m): 3:00pm On Feb 21, 2023
PLS JUST TELL ME WHAT U INVESTED ON OVERTIME. cry
Nice2023:
Your brother is going to be a dangerous spender if u guys don't manage him very well.

During my schools days,I made it a point of duty to to eat twice a day. I will take tea and cabin biscuits in the morning for lectures while I eat strong fufu in the afternoon and a enough water after wards.

See,that money I saved then,was what I used to invest and after a long years...I have duplicated it to 88million naira today.

I hate to see people who usually eat their future upfront. It is not always rosy after graduation.

Tell ur brother not to live big on campus,tomorrow will demystify all his actions.

Re: Can You Survive On A 10,000 Weekly Pay? by zedegit: 3:10pm On Feb 21, 2023
Nemesis0147:
Good morning fams,

Hope you guys are good?
What prompted me to ask this question is because our last born…during my days in school,we survived on a 30k in Esut and this was allowance apart from foodstuffs and textbooks and this was just 2016.
But our last born (brother) who is still in 100 level can’t survive with 100k for a semester….
He just called our mother that he is out of cash…dy no born am well to call me sha…
me and my immediate young brother want to place him on a weekly pay instead of monthly/semester…..what do you guys think?

He is extravagant and outrightly irresponsible. Go figure, one girl is involved or worse still drugs and bad friends.
Re: Can You Survive On A 10,000 Weekly Pay? by Aklee4994(m): 3:11pm On Feb 21, 2023
EmekaBlue:
700million? R u sure oga? How can we confirm this
you no see that guy of 88 million that duplicate the madness to him
Re: Can You Survive On A 10,000 Weekly Pay? by DSC7: 3:18pm On Feb 21, 2023
Nemesis0147:
far from that.
We don’t just want him bothering our mother for anything…he doesn’t call us for money
Instead he will call our mother direct which I don’t like….e come be like say we no fit take care of am
!!

@boldened are lastborns for you 😁😁😁...

Well i no know wetin i wan talk for this matter because me sef dey guilty back then....

All i know is that at the right time when responsibilities sets in he will learn how to Manage but for now expect more billing..
Re: Can You Survive On A 10,000 Weekly Pay? by DSC7: 3:19pm On Feb 21, 2023
Zedoo:

He is spoilt...

How many lastborns are not spoilt? 😁😁😁

1 Like

Re: Can You Survive On A 10,000 Weekly Pay? by Chocoloco: 3:19pm On Feb 21, 2023
He has to learn to manage
U guys give him foodstuffs, money for handout separate..

Here's how you will ration his spending

First of every month give him 15k from that let him refill his gas, and use the rest for his. Upkeep.
That should last him for 2weeks If he manages the money well.

On the 3rd week send him 8k or 10k that he will manage till the end of the month.

As long as he has foodstuffs i fondo see why he won't cope,let him understand hes in school to study and not to gallavant.

Back then when I was in lasu I sorted all my needs my self including school fees, even I did some crazy food combos 😂 when there was nothing .. noodles spice boiled up and eaten with eba.. did this because I had to change meal when I took garri for straight 4days ...well thank God that phase is over
Re: Can You Survive On A 10,000 Weekly Pay? by zedegit: 3:20pm On Feb 21, 2023
Nemesis0147:
true sha but I feel like him seeing it in huge amount like that dy shark am…because of the 100k no dy do am.
We still have to send him tfare after each semester and he do call our mother too.

You guys have to make him work during holidays. He will appreciate your efforts more then.
Re: Can You Survive On A 10,000 Weekly Pay? by SuperOnyi: 3:26pm On Feb 21, 2023
Nemesis0147:
Good morning fams,

Hope you guys are good?

shocked

This question breaks my heart (😢).

I get paid weekly, less than 5k, sometimes as low as 3k...

1 Like

Re: Can You Survive On A 10,000 Weekly Pay? by Donmobi(m): 3:26pm On Feb 21, 2023
😲😲!!
Can i be your brother?😁
Re: Can You Survive On A 10,000 Weekly Pay? by ifeanyi317(m): 3:32pm On Feb 21, 2023
if he eats out then it is not enough at all. i know a friend that eat out he spend 3k on food daily thats 21k weekly and 84k for month depending on the month involved. although we convince baba to buy stuff and cook so he was able to save some. if that the case of your bro then 10k is small i.e if he is not cooking at all. if he is cooking then it is fine
Re: Can You Survive On A 10,000 Weekly Pay? by Careente7(m): 3:35pm On Feb 21, 2023
E be many tins
Even some family men no dy receive up to 90k 🧐.
Re: Can You Survive On A 10,000 Weekly Pay? by JustPowerApps(m): 3:41pm On Feb 21, 2023
It can be managed at least for consumption. The inflation in the country is so bad that if you want to cater for extra things like make sense clothing and comfortable accommodation, you have to earn more.
Re: Can You Survive On A 10,000 Weekly Pay? by Onyechejoy: 3:50pm On Feb 21, 2023
Your brother is enjoying.

My siblings in school don't even expect anything once they have foodstuffs.

Come and see Joy when you manage to send them 10k.
Re: Can You Survive On A 10,000 Weekly Pay? by Dshocker(m): 3:52pm On Feb 21, 2023
Nemesis0147:
Good morning fams,

Hope you guys are good?

You guys should just neglect him for some time, so he would understand how difficult it is with life.

If you continue giving him money every week, it can corrupt and affect his future, because he would find it hard to manage finance.
Re: Can You Survive On A 10,000 Weekly Pay? by thuxzwda1: 3:54pm On Feb 21, 2023
give him 1k daily.......that's 7k weekly it should be enough......or else you want him to be a reckless spender
...and distance BTW his hostel and school?
Re: Can You Survive On A 10,000 Weekly Pay? by Semaj77(m): 4:04pm On Feb 21, 2023
Omihanifa:

Don't forget the OP said 100k for a semester which could either be 3 or 4 months

But foodstuff isn't included as they provide that for him
Re: Can You Survive On A 10,000 Weekly Pay? by Shawl001(m): 4:18pm On Feb 21, 2023
Bro,
During my days in school,
That 10k was like a month pocket money for me. I usually get say at most 3k for a week. Yes, aside foodstuffs.

I know things are quite different now. However, no matter how different things get, 10k a week is more than enough.
He should be able to save tokens from it still.

God bless your brother.
Re: Can You Survive On A 10,000 Weekly Pay? by professore(m): 4:30pm On Feb 21, 2023
Nice2023:

how did you invest it brother?
Re: Can You Survive On A 10,000 Weekly Pay? by whippersnapper(m): 4:32pm On Feb 21, 2023
Shawl001:
Bro,
During my days in school,
That 10k was like a month pocket money for me. I usually get say at most 3k for a week. Yes, aside foodstuffs.

I know things are quite different now. However, no matter how different things get, 10k a week is more than enough.
He should be able to save tokens from it still.

God bless your brother.
if we check now e fit be say na late 1900s you go school. when 1 dollar was equal to 1 naira
Re: Can You Survive On A 10,000 Weekly Pay? by fabolouz1(m): 4:38pm On Feb 21, 2023
Some questions are just somehow , are you aware they are thousands of people in this country who are earning less than that a month?
Re: Can You Survive On A 10,000 Weekly Pay? by Shawl001(m): 4:40pm On Feb 21, 2023
whippersnapper:
if we check now e fit be say na late 1900s you go school. when 1 dollar was equal to 1 naira

Lol
No sir.

Just ask, instead of second guessing.
Anyways,
My parents weren't very rich, so I'd to do with whatever I get from them, then.
Re: Can You Survive On A 10,000 Weekly Pay? by NOBODYGIVEAFUCK: 4:45pm On Feb 21, 2023
ACTUALLY IF I HAVE FOODSTUFF AND A CASH OF 10K THAT ALONE IS VERY COOL WHAT AM I REALLY SPENDING ON

THE MOST IMPORTANT IS THAT FOODSTUFF D 10K WILL EVEN LAST FOR 3WKS

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lamentations Of A Nigerian!!! / Reasons Kids Are Tiny Drunk Adults / Water Sacrifice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.