Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,299 members, 7,836,309 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

Can You Survive On A 10,000 Weekly Pay? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Survive On A 10,000 Weekly Pay? (16295 Views)

How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man / How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria / Did You Have This Kind Of Parent As A Kid? How Did You Survive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Survive On A 10,000 Weekly Pay? by Michealeni: 4:54pm On Feb 21, 2023
Nemesis0147:
far from that.
We don’t just want him bothering our mother for anything…he doesn’t call us for money
Instead he will call our mother direct which I don’t like….e come be like say we no fit take care of am!!
that boy na stupid boy, he want chop from every corner, you guys should tell your mum to to direct him to you whenever he needs money... Back then I survived on 10k per month without food stuff there was a time the money dropped to 8k and then 5k this was between 2010 to 2014
Re: Can You Survive On A 10,000 Weekly Pay? by Jackipapa: 5:13pm On Feb 21, 2023
Nemesis0147:
Good morning fams,

Hope you guys are good?
Please can someone survive on a 10k weekly pay in this country?
What prompted me to ask this question is because our last born…during my days in school,we survived on a 30k in Esut and this was allowance apart from foodstuffs and textbooks and this was just 2016.
I use to take food stuffs when going back to school.
But our last born (brother) who is still in 100 level can’t survive with 100k for a semester….
We do give him food stuffs and money for textbooks separately…
He just called our mother that he is out of cash…dy no born am well to call me sha…
me and my immediate young brother want to place him on a weekly pay instead of monthly/semester…..what do you guys think?

How many girls him dey sponsor for school?
Re: Can You Survive On A 10,000 Weekly Pay? by EmekaBlue(m): 5:18pm On Feb 21, 2023
Aklee4994:
you no see that guy of 88 million that duplicate the madness to him
grin
Re: Can You Survive On A 10,000 Weekly Pay? by Tonytonex(m): 5:36pm On Feb 21, 2023
Nemesis0147:
true sha but I feel like him seeing it in huge amount like that dy shark am…because of the 100k no dy do am.
We still have to send him tfare after each semester and he do call our mother too.
bolded is the main reason. Give him small small. And some times deliberately delay.
Re: Can You Survive On A 10,000 Weekly Pay? by Kingpin1000: 6:09pm On Feb 21, 2023
EngrKemp:

U r not managing..

U r suffering bro.
I must spend 50k a week before you know am enjoying.
Finally na poor man you be
Re: Can You Survive On A 10,000 Weekly Pay? by Ebymyk(m): 6:13pm On Feb 21, 2023
Nice2023:
Your brother is going to be a dangerous spender if u guys don't manage him very well.

During my schools days,I made it a point of duty to to eat twice a day. I will take tea and cabin biscuits in the morning for lectures while I eat strong fufu in the afternoon and a enough water after wards.

At the end of my 5years course,I saved some good money after graduation.

See,that money I saved then,was what I used to invest and after a long years...I have duplicated it to 88million naira today.

I hate to see people who usually eat their future upfront. It is not always rosy after graduation.

Tell ur brother not to live big on campus,tomorrow will demystify all his actions.

The money is even too much for such a young man like him.
true talk... Thanks...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Survive On A 10,000 Weekly Pay? by Nice2023(m): 6:16pm On Feb 21, 2023
Ebymyk:
true talk... Thanks...

U are welcome!
Re: Can You Survive On A 10,000 Weekly Pay? by Emeka71(m): 7:08pm On Feb 21, 2023
Prechgold1180:
Back then and now Nur be same thing

Exactly and not in this Buhari Economy.
Re: Can You Survive On A 10,000 Weekly Pay? by Beautiful94: 7:31pm On Feb 21, 2023
BigDick70inch:

Seems u guys r wealthy Sha.....

LoL....my pocket money used to be 5k den..... with lil food stuff(2018).....infact I remember vividly wrote most of my final yr exam surviving on eating jux soaked garri....cos I ended up buying materials with the lil I had.....

Still ended up making 2:1....

That was 2018 and thank God you said you relied on garri for survival.
Dear poster you guys are really trying for your brother but the truth remains that things are quite expensive now. I am a good manager myself but these days i question my competence in managing things all thanks to the inflation of goods.
Please give your bro the little you have and God will forever bless you. Udo!
Re: Can You Survive On A 10,000 Weekly Pay? by EngrKemp: 7:38pm On Feb 21, 2023
tfash96:
Which one's he's suffering?We still have almost 5 days left in the week...Have you seen his bank account?
Omo everyone is suffering in this situation and that's a fact..

I'm not talking about if he is rich or poor...
Re: Can You Survive On A 10,000 Weekly Pay? by EngrKemp: 7:39pm On Feb 21, 2023
Kingpin1000:

I must spend 50k a week before you know am enjoying.
Finally na poor man you be
Everyone is suffering in this situation whether u think urself rich or poor.

I don't even care what u want think
Re: Can You Survive On A 10,000 Weekly Pay? by BigDick70inch(m): 8:02pm On Feb 21, 2023
Beautiful94:

That was 2018 and thank God you said you relied on garri for survival.
Dear poster you guys are really trying for your brother but the truth remains that things are quite expensive now. I am a good manager myself but these days i question my competence in managing things all thanks to the inflation of goods.
Please give your bro the little you have and God will forever bless you. Udo!

Seems u were too in rush to quote......op himself was getting 30k Pocket as of 2016......while mine was 5k......

My point is....... inflation or not 100k is still a good amount to keep as pocket money......it exclude money for transportation, foodstuffs and hand outs.........

There lot there in same school......who don't even get up to sum total of 50k......including foodstuffs and r doing pretty well for the semester......
Re: Can You Survive On A 10,000 Weekly Pay? by Fashionista01(f): 8:27pm On Feb 21, 2023
Yes.
Re: Can You Survive On A 10,000 Weekly Pay? by tfash96(m): 8:27pm On Feb 21, 2023
EngrKemp:

Omo everyone is suffering in this situation and that's a fact..

I'm not talking about if he is rich or poor...

ok I just got your point now bro.

You're blessed

1 Like

Re: Can You Survive On A 10,000 Weekly Pay? by remsonik(f): 8:28pm On Feb 21, 2023
If you need organic skin care and haircare products, perfume oils, perfumes and jewelries I am your sure plug for it. Available in wholesale and retail
Re: Can You Survive On A 10,000 Weekly Pay? by Gunboat127(m): 8:30pm On Feb 21, 2023
I feel this has to do with the attitude and mindset of the person in question..my pocket money with zero foodstuffs from 2018 to 2022 was 7k,meaning per semester na 28k(if na 4 months) for faculty of law,so I had to source for extra funds for myself...when you begin work for your own money,nobody go tell you to no spend money anyhow,like how do I finish 100k per semester when I get foodstuffs for house?na ment?..that you're in school doesn't mean you have to live like a president..if the money dey to spend I no talk say make you live like say you dey suffer but in everything there should be moderation and logical reasoning..I think you need to talk sense into your brother and let him understanding that money don't grow on trees
Re: Can You Survive On A 10,000 Weekly Pay? by 123readygo: 8:32pm On Feb 21, 2023
Lol

See how useless politicians have rendered our money. My monthly pocket money during my uni days was 4.5k.

To answer your question, yes, 10k weekly is more than enough. One do not only learn just how to pass exams in higher institutions but also learn how to survive in difficult times. Life is not bed of roses
Re: Can You Survive On A 10,000 Weekly Pay? by Vixenn(f): 9:13pm On Feb 21, 2023
Nice2023:
Your brother is going to be a dangerous spender if u guys don't manage him very well.

During my schools days,I made it a point of duty to to eat twice a day. I will take tea and cabin biscuits in the morning for lectures while I eat strong fufu in the afternoon and a enough water after wards.

At the end of my 5years course,I saved some good money after graduation.

See,that money I saved then,was what I used to invest and after a long years...I have duplicated it to 88million naira today.

I hate to see people who usually eat their future upfront. It is not always rosy after graduation.

Tell ur brother not to live big on campus,tomorrow will demystify all his actions.

The money is even too much for such a young man like him.

Come and empower young ladies (aka me) na 88m - 300k = Nothing to you🙃
Re: Can You Survive On A 10,000 Weekly Pay? by President2001(m): 10:10pm On Feb 21, 2023
NO
Re: Can You Survive On A 10,000 Weekly Pay? by iInjureHerYansh: 10:19pm On Feb 21, 2023
Nemesis0147:
we want to be doing it weekly stuff
Like 10k every week
You bought him books and food stuff so what exactly are you giving him 10k weekly for? Na una dey spoil the boy unaself whatever sup in the end y'all should take the blame
Re: Can You Survive On A 10,000 Weekly Pay? by DrDunamis(m): 10:54pm On Feb 21, 2023
Nemesis0147:
Good morning fams,

Hope you guys are good?
What prompted me to ask this question is because our last born…during my days in school,we survived on a 30k in Esut and this was allowance apart from foodstuffs and textbooks and this was just 2016.
But our last born (brother) who is still in 100 level can’t survive with 100k for a semester….
He just called our mother that he is out of cash…dy no born am well to call me sha…
me and my immediate young brother want to place him on a weekly pay instead of monthly/semester…..what do you guys think?

He's gotten himself involved in something that's suckling the money
Re: Can You Survive On A 10,000 Weekly Pay? by Akachuks18(m): 4:08am On Feb 22, 2023
Yes oo
Can you pay me 10k weekly
I will really appreciate

Good morning fams,

Hope you guys are good?
me and my immediate young brother want to place him on a weekly pay instead of monthly/semester…..what do you guys think?[/quote]
Re: Can You Survive On A 10,000 Weekly Pay? by NL1960: 2:23pm On Feb 23, 2023
Just to elongate this discussion.

If a weekly allowance is given to a student, should data and credit be bought separately for the student monthly or should the student buy data and credit from the allowance?.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lamentations Of A Nigerian!!! / Reasons Kids Are Tiny Drunk Adults / Water Sacrifice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.