Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,853 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:41 AM

Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN (51941 Views)

Meet The Nominees For CBN Governor, Deputy Governors (Profiles) / Profile Of Olayemi Michael Cardoso, Nominee For CBN Governor / Naira Redesign: El-rufai & Kaduna State Govt. Mark Banks For Demolition (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by Nobody: 8:12am On Feb 20, 2023
valentineuwakwe:

Source: https://dailypost.ng/2023/02/20/naira-redesign-el-rufai-reveals-what-buhari-originally-approved-for-cbn/

Was the present CBN Governor there when this policy was implemented in 1984/85?

Kindly go back to the words and actions of Mr. Tunde Idiagbon during those periods.

his is simply the actions of PMB—no more, no less.

Talk to PMB directly.

Anyway, I am enjoying the in-fighting in APC. Let them keep fighting themselves.

Reminds me of the prophecy of the Late T.B. Joshua. It's gradually coming to pass.

1 Like

Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by longview007: 8:13am On Feb 20, 2023
El-Rufai, a crying foul.
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by occfx: 8:14am On Feb 20, 2023
jhydebaba:
El-Rufai right on this one. Instead of naira redesign, we had naira recolourarion and instead of currency swap, we have currency confiscation.

Make den do allow us have access to our money again.

After Feb 25, you will have any amount of cash you want.
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by Miles300: 8:14am On Feb 20, 2023
But this midget have been watching Buhari give directives on air .....now una dey shift blame go CBN
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by treatise: 8:14am On Feb 20, 2023
valentineuwakwe:

Source: https://dailypost.ng/2023/02/20/naira-redesign-el-rufai-reveals-what-buhari-originally-approved-for-cbn/
El Rufai should tell us the original intention of supporting bandits in Kaduna state.
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by khalling2008: 8:16am On Feb 20, 2023
Alpharey:

Pls don't take that sniper, you sound suicidal
Don't worry, you will continue to cann8banism your people in your region after your candidate loss
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by Cjayboy: 8:18am On Feb 20, 2023
Selfish governor..
Problem of Kaduna state...
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by kokomilala(m): 8:18am On Feb 20, 2023
The New Monetary Policy
Messier Than A Messed Up Toilet

This Naira redesign or adulteration, if you prefer, has sent Nigeria's already battered image to the gutters. And, it gives ammunition to the assertion in many quarters- Nigeria no less- that this is a country that cannot organize itself.

The CBN as the apex bank has the statutory powers, with the approval of the president, to carry out this policy and implement it seamlessly, for it is in charge of monetary policies.

For me, I've always doubted the credentials of Emefiele as s central bank governor. I think a risk management expert, someone in the ilk of Sanusi, the former CBN governor, would have handled the CBN better.

It's very clear, even before now, that Emefiele had gone partisan. He's deviated from his statutory role of managing the monetary policies of Nigeria. In a sense, he's decomposed into a voracious vulture circling around the (XC) - expected carcasss of the general elections.

The immediate solution, for me, is to allow the two notes run concurrently until the old ones are exhausted out of use. It's a no-brainer! There's no point subjecting already-battered Nigerians to untold misery.

Seeking to isolate vote buyers for the general elections, for me, is panglossian idealism. The dynamic of poverty will still play. It will take a sea change in the socio-economic status of the electorate to ensure such idealistic goal.

1 Like

Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by Alpharey: 8:19am On Feb 20, 2023
pryme:
Love him or hate him,
Everything he said is true, vote Buying is a flimsy excuse for this Catastrophe.

I had to check the so-called new naira notes again, and can you believe it?
He is right, THEY ONLY CHANGED THE COLOR of the notes.
Is El-Rufai lying?

El Rufai should go buy coloring to recolor his stacks in case he has some. Very simple! He should stop crying
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by Kukutenla: 8:19am On Feb 20, 2023
Abfinest007:
Is hell rude file the only one affected why he's crying more than other when he is not contesting for any position
His son nko
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by gassbee: 8:21am On Feb 20, 2023
Abfinest007:
Is hell rude file the only one affected why he's crying more than other when he is not contesting for any position
how many politicians are bold to come out n speak d truth just as El rufai did
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by Reinamaria(f): 8:23am On Feb 20, 2023
MT:

Hate el rufai or love him, no one can question his intelligence. Most of the people castigating him will be greatful if given a tiny portion of his knowledge .

Dude is making sense with facts.

It's not about whether he makes sense or not.
It's the motive behind the "making sense".

You gotta ask yourself; is this dude really fighting for me or for his own selfish interest?
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by Reinamaria(f): 8:26am On Feb 20, 2023
Alpharey:

El Rufai should go buy coloring to recolor his stacks in case he has some. Very simple! He should stop crying

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha grin
Very simple! grin

1 Like

Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by pryme(m): 8:26am On Feb 20, 2023
Alpharey:

Do you guys honestly think this new naira will be in back in circulation after the election?

I don't think so,
It's a supply issue, until that is addressed the hardship won't go away EVEN AFTER THE ELECTIONS.
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by UpvoteAfrica: 8:28am On Feb 20, 2023
The one person I have been waiting for to talk about this whole rubbish is Emir Sanusi Lamido Sanusi. Else, every person just dey speak wetin pain them.
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by Alpharey: 8:28am On Feb 20, 2023
tafabaloo:

Ain't everyone crying in their closets?
Do you know d number of deaths recorded due to the inability of some Nigerians to pay for Medicare?
Ain't u feeling the pangs ....I mean you yourself ?

Government cant be pretending to want to kill a rat and set the whole town in fire.

If you are complaining about votes buying , I think this policy has set in motion the mechanism for vote buying .....a lot of people wld want to to sell their votes this time around to get money to feed.
You wld see this coming Saturday...and INEC and security agencies wld not be able to do anything because their officials amd personnel are equally suffering .

El Rufai should be crying over the incessant killings in Southern Kaduna. He should leave us to cry over the scarce naira notes. Unless he is not telling us something
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by Sermwell(m): 8:28am On Feb 20, 2023
Shareholder:

From this ur comment,how come it's just Tinubu that is affected among other contestants?
Because has been the one crying upandan grin
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by TheAlchemist: 8:29am On Feb 20, 2023
Omoapena:
I think they should just rule out 500naira and 1000 naira from our notes and make 200naira the highest denominations

If truly we want to preach the gospel of cashless policy that is the way to go.
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by Alpharey: 8:31am On Feb 20, 2023
khalling2008:

Don't worry, you will continue to cann8banism your people in your region after your candidate loss

Says a native of the capital cities of skull mining. All those skulls belong to vultures abi. They are not human beings. Dey play
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by Karemarealty288(m): 8:31am On Feb 20, 2023
El Midgeti.....the hero of absymality.

Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by MartinsD12(m): 8:32am On Feb 20, 2023
valentineuwakwe:

CBN failed woefully on this issue, you don't collect old naira without giving one the naira what is naira swap policy then , you swap your old naira for the new one what CBN and banks are doing is collect old naira no new naira to give to people making people suffer so much this period, it's unfortunate .
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by Sermwell(m): 8:33am On Feb 20, 2023
gassbee:
how many politicians are bold to come out n speak d truth just as El rufai did
Don't be deceived! How many times has Elrufai come out to speak the truth in the last 8 years?? Please answer me, I want to check something! grin grin
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by Kukutenla: 8:34am On Feb 20, 2023
BigBrother9ja:
We don't care.

BUHARÌ is a colossal waste and failure, all thanks to his sentimental and NEPOTISTIC system of rulership. HE IS A TYPICAL FOOL ANI MAN.

BY THE GRACE OF GOD, A BETTER ADMINISTRATOR - TINUBU WILL TAKE OVER FROM HIM.

NIGERIA MUST PROGRESS

NIGERIA MUST BE GREAT AGAIN.

Children of hate and PERDITION must be put to shame.
I thought Tinubu is good at talent hunting
How come he produced Buhari and you're excusing him from the failure but you jump on the success in Lagos
What about Dapo in Ogun, Aregbe and Oyetola in Osun, Fayemi in Ekiti. These are all his "talents" not so?
Why did they also fail in their respective states
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by Sermwell(m): 8:35am On Feb 20, 2023
UpvoteAfrica:
The one person I have been waiting for to talk about this whole rubbish is Emir Sanusi Lamido Sanusi. Else, every person just dey speak wetin pain them.
I swear! I thought I was alone! He's the only one I want to hear in these whole bruhaha! grin
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by khalling2008: 8:37am On Feb 20, 2023
Alpharey:

Says a native of the capital cities of skull mining. All those skulls belong to vultures abi. They are not human beings. Dey play
Any states that have 99% of Igbo Christians, will practice what is in the Bible:

2 Kings 6:29
So we cooked my son and ate him. The next day I said to her, 'Give up your son so we may eat him,' but she had hidden him."

No wonder Igbo Christians dey kill and eat our security personnel in the southeast.
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by HNICEARTH: 8:38am On Feb 20, 2023
Pee brain! Nobody confiscated anybody's money. You deposit XYZ amount, you recieve a credit alert of XYZ amount in your bank acct. Nobody is giving you any cash to continue hoarding
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by galaxy2020(m): 8:41am On Feb 20, 2023
We don't care Hell Rufai.....You can go and jump into the lagoon midget.
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by Alpharey: 8:44am On Feb 20, 2023
khalling2008:

Any states that have 99% of Igbo Christians, will practice what is in the Bible:

2 Kings 6:29
So we cooked my son and ate him. The next day I said to her, 'Give up your son so we may eat him,' but she had hidden him."

No wonder Igbo Christians dey kill and eat our security personnel in the southeast.

Dey play. Mind your skull, Taiwo is planning something
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by eunisam: 8:44am On Feb 20, 2023
Elrufai, dem go reply you a week after election.
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by 8stargeneral: 8:44am On Feb 20, 2023
El Rufai go cry blood
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by NwokoloOwa: 8:47am On Feb 20, 2023
Hendrixky:
Make el rufai rest abeg

Confiscation was a good thing

If not that the common masses are more corrupt than our politicians
The whole Confiscation was something we should celebrate

While the little money cnb gave banks to distribute to the public bank managers were selling it to highest bidders and politicians

As of October 2022, currency in circulation had risen to N3.23 trillion out of which only N500 billion was within the Banking System while N2.7 trillion remained permanently outside the system
thereby distorting the financial policy and efficient management of inflation
The aim was to ensure that first all money returns into the banking system and little money goes out so that vote buying will be reduced but bankers were selling the little ones to politicians
We masses see our own corruption as normal but see politicians own corruption as bad thing

All talk about money being outside bank are all arms of voodoo economics. They are not what is holding us down.

Our monetary policy is highly unstable because of the huge imports going on and lack of manufacturing and production to match our population that is also growing in alarming rate. So much pressure on the Naira. Take importation of petroleum products, where we are spending over N3 trillion annually! Talk of food and other items and it's mind-boggling and scary. No country grows by all these redesigning or recoloring of their currency. Its the so called developing countries that keep trying all these to give false hope. Ask Ghana with their redecimalization program of their currency, India with redesigning program etc. How far did they go with these programs afterwards. Nothing much achieved. The redesigning policy as far as economics is concerned is all about motion without real movement. When developed change their currency, you hardly hear about it. Just seamless because its not really an issue. Ask your self how much that is outside banks worldwide.

These are just surface dressing of the fundamental economic problem we have. We need to go back to real manufacturing with massive production for local needs and export. Anything short of this is Voodoo Economics
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by gfelo(m): 8:48am On Feb 20, 2023
this man is making a point but we are blinded by political propaganda and cudnt see what is happening, karma will surely visit this thieves.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Photos Of Dino Melaye In Court As Accused Persons Deny Allegations Against Him. / Ghana Begs Buhari To Open Closed Border / How Much Did It Cost Ambode To Build These Flyover-bridges? (see PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.