Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,121 members, 7,814,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

US Issues Security Advisory To Citizens Ahead Of Nigeria's General Election - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / US Issues Security Advisory To Citizens Ahead Of Nigeria's General Election (17757 Views)

Nigeria Issues Travel Advisory To Nigerians Going To US, Europe / Canada Releases Damning Report On Nigeria, Issues Travel Advisory To Citizens / Coronavirus: India Cancels All Valid Visas Issued To Citizens Of Italy, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

US Issues Security Advisory To Citizens Ahead Of Nigeria's General Election by fergie001: 2:27pm On Feb 20, 2023
Event: Possible Protests Leading to Elections and Restricted Movements on Election Days – February 25 and March 11

Nigerian national elections are scheduled for February 25, 2023, and gubernatorial elections are scheduled for March 11, 2023. The Government of Nigeria will restrict the movement of all personal vehicles on election days across the country. Information from the Government of Nigeria indicates that only law enforcement personnel and Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC)-accredited election observers will be allowed to move freely along the roads. Based on past election practice, we anticipate personal vehicles will be blocked from any and all attempted road movement from 00:00 until 18:00 February 25 and 00:00 until 18:00 March 11. Please be advised that movement restrictions may be extended at any time. Be alert to Government of Nigeria information about the restrictions.

Rallies and demonstrations are commonplace before and after elections. U.S. citizens should avoid any of these types of events, as they can turn violent with little or no notice.

Actions To Take:
Have three days of food and water in your residence in case movement restrictions are extended beyond election day.

Have a pre-packed bag that contains your travel documents, medications, toiletries, cash, and clothes in case you need to relocate from your residence.

Avoid large crowds.
Be aware of your surroundings.
Keep a low profile.
Carry proper identification.
Review your personal security plans.
Keep your cell phone charged in case of emergency.
Monitor local media for updates.

US Embassy & Consulate in Nigeria

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: US Issues Security Advisory To Citizens Ahead Of Nigeria's General Election by bigdammyj: 2:31pm On Feb 20, 2023
Sooner comes the time, when Nigeria will issue same to its citizens in Canada, Uk, USA......

105 Likes 10 Shares

Re: US Issues Security Advisory To Citizens Ahead Of Nigeria's General Election by SatanKeepOff: 2:52pm On Feb 20, 2023
Good government. not this yeye PDAPC in NigeriA

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: US Issues Security Advisory To Citizens Ahead Of Nigeria's General Election by backtovillage: 3:59pm On Feb 20, 2023
Was expecting them to list Anambra, imo and Ebonyi as no go area

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: US Issues Security Advisory To Citizens Ahead Of Nigeria's General Election by bro4u: 3:59pm On Feb 20, 2023
Normal thing

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Issues Security Advisory To Citizens Ahead Of Nigeria's General Election by socialmediaman: 4:00pm On Feb 20, 2023

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Issues Security Advisory To Citizens Ahead Of Nigeria's General Election by Waterlilly: 4:00pm On Feb 20, 2023
weytin concern dem, over sabi

2 Likes

Re: US Issues Security Advisory To Citizens Ahead Of Nigeria's General Election by Memphitz357: 4:00pm On Feb 20, 2023
The elections will be peaceful...... unless APC urchins have devised other methods to disrupt the elections

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Issues Security Advisory To Citizens Ahead Of Nigeria's General Election by TriCee: 4:00pm On Feb 20, 2023
I pray we get it right this time.

I for advice una to vote wisely, but I no trust some of una wisdom at all. So please vote Labour Party, Vote Obi.

36 Likes 8 Shares

Re: US Issues Security Advisory To Citizens Ahead Of Nigeria's General Election by Way4orward: 4:00pm On Feb 20, 2023
US and nonsense

2 Likes

Re: US Issues Security Advisory To Citizens Ahead Of Nigeria's General Election by BATified2023: 4:00pm On Feb 20, 2023
God1000:
Hmm, I don't think there will be violence.

This election will be peaceful and Obi will win
I will advise people to avoid south east after d election cos obi will lose n all of them will go back to their default settings of Biafra or death

Soludo will become their greatest problem cos he predicted obi will lose n it came to pass, they will find every means possible to finish soludo

Then nnamdiot kanu will once again become d beautiful bride

I wonder what Peter of psquare will say when obi lule, all I know is that we mustn’t hear Biafra or death from him

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: US Issues Security Advisory To Citizens Ahead Of Nigeria's General Election by Oysters(m): 4:01pm On Feb 20, 2023
One day Nigerians will realise just how destructive to one's international image constant directives like these are. And maybe then they'd start demanding good governance from their leaders to avoid such global ridicule. But I mean, some of them still want to eat corn in the morning and evening and join the army and are planning to vote in that direction this Saturday so I'm not holding my breath.

6 Likes

Re: US Issues Security Advisory To Citizens Ahead Of Nigeria's General Election by inoki247: 4:01pm On Feb 20, 2023
Lol.this election must hold we don try already for more than 7yrs....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Issues Security Advisory To Citizens Ahead Of Nigeria's General Election by maramara: 4:01pm On Feb 20, 2023
Better to be prepared than to be taken unaware. Better government has spoken

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Issues Security Advisory To Citizens Ahead Of Nigeria's General Election by SmartyPants(m): 4:01pm On Feb 20, 2023
There is no reason why a piece of US security advice for their citizens should be news for Nigerian consumption.
Re: US Issues Security Advisory To Citizens Ahead Of Nigeria's General Election by Hendrixky: 4:02pm On Feb 20, 2023
Okay
Re: US Issues Security Advisory To Citizens Ahead Of Nigeria's General Election by Peterpanny: 4:02pm On Feb 20, 2023
US and over sabi,
They should go and sit down.

3 Likes

Re: US Issues Security Advisory To Citizens Ahead Of Nigeria's General Election by Brendaniel: 4:02pm On Feb 20, 2023
They should place special watch on Tinubu, El-rufai and Shettima, one is a tout chairman, the second is a body bag filler, the third is a pure terrorist, anyway...

Nigerians have chosen President Peter Obi(GCFR)

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: US Issues Security Advisory To Citizens Ahead Of Nigeria's General Election by Peterpanny: 4:02pm On Feb 20, 2023
Memphitz357:
The elections will be peaceful...... unless APC urchins have devised other methods to disrupt the elections
That is what they are good at,we go shock them for this lagos.
Quote me anywhere LABOUR PARTY will clear lagos state first before winning Nigeria generally

I know this comment will not go down well with some senseless urchins.

Is ok everything must not go down well with you urchins.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: US Issues Security Advisory To Citizens Ahead Of Nigeria's General Election by Aboguede(m): 4:03pm On Feb 20, 2023
Must there be vawulence in every of Nigeria elections shocked

Nigerian politicians always like to fight dirty grin

Anyways, 120 hours from now, na results we go dey count grin

There is every need for imagency ambulance, just incase and 1 ambulance should be standing ready around ikoyi lagos plus 1 helicopter, just incase grin

Vote wisely oooh

2 Likes

Re: US Issues Security Advisory To Citizens Ahead Of Nigeria's General Election by WibusJaga: 4:03pm On Feb 20, 2023

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Issues Security Advisory To Citizens Ahead Of Nigeria's General Election by SmartPolician: 4:03pm On Feb 20, 2023
Joke of a country.

Every election is a time for violence because our wicked politicians and their SENSELESS supporters will never let peace reign!

4 Likes

Re: US Issues Security Advisory To Citizens Ahead Of Nigeria's General Election by BlessedOne01: 4:03pm On Feb 20, 2023
Everywhere good!

No cause for alarm!
Re: US Issues Security Advisory To Citizens Ahead Of Nigeria's General Election by Elzazzi: 4:03pm On Feb 20, 2023
These people should just get out abeg!
Re: US Issues Security Advisory To Citizens Ahead Of Nigeria's General Election by broadman20: 4:04pm On Feb 20, 2023
Hmmmmm!

Na one eye Buhari take dey look Tinubu boys for Lagos,

If Buhari remember dem for this wahala dem dey look for...... hmmmmm!

Na Benin Republic they will spend the rest of this year.

Just mark my word.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Issues Security Advisory To Citizens Ahead Of Nigeria's General Election by Gangster1ms: 4:04pm On Feb 20, 2023
We all know agbado urchins are the reasons for this advisory. Personally i go carry weapon along with me throughout the rest of the month.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Issues Security Advisory To Citizens Ahead Of Nigeria's General Election by nedekid: 4:04pm On Feb 20, 2023
bigdammyj:
Sooner comes the time, when Nigeria will issue same to its citizens in Canada, Uk, USA......
Issue it they will do what they do best, sanction you. undecided
Re: US Issues Security Advisory To Citizens Ahead Of Nigeria's General Election by DropsMic(m): 4:04pm On Feb 20, 2023
Normal

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Uk About To Axe Permanent Residence Permit For Legal Immigrants / NNPC Tanker Driver Kills Man In Aba (Graphic Photos) / Roads Sweeping Begins In Ikot Ekpene As It Wears New Clean Look

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.