Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,107 members, 7,814,887 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:10 PM

Ekiti: Oyebanji Hails Appeal Court Ruling, Dedicates Victory To God, - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti: Oyebanji Hails Appeal Court Ruling, Dedicates Victory To God, (10949 Views)

Oyebanji Hails Fed High Court Ruling On His Candidacy / Biodun Oyebanji hails INEC, Describes Ekiti Election As Excellent / Kwara APC Hails Appeal Court Judgment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekiti: Oyebanji Hails Appeal Court Ruling, Dedicates Victory To God, by AngelGabbyShara(m): 6:34pm On Feb 21, 2023
Oyebanji hails Appeal Court ruling on Ekiti Guber
…Dedicates victory to God, Ekiti people
… Calls on Segun Oni to join him to develop the State

Ekiti State Governor, Mr Biodun Oyebanji has hailed Tuesday’s ruling of the Court of Appeal which reaffirmed his election as Governor of the state; describing it as victory for democracy and the people of the state.

The Court of Appeal, sitting in Ado-Ekiti, had dismissed the appeal of the Candidate of the Social Democratic Party (SDP), Engr Segun Oni, for lacking in substance.

Governor Oyebanji in a statement signed by his Special Adviser (Media), Mr Yinka Oyebode, said his victory is to the glory of God and joy of the people of Ekiti State, whose mandate was reconfirmed by the appellate court.

Oyebanji, who described the ruling of the Appeal Court ruling as a “landmark judgement”, thanked the judiciary for living up to its reputation as the bastion of democracy and last hope of the common man.

The Governor said the judgement was a further proof that God had a hand in the mandate given to him by the people of Ekiti State on June 18, 2022.

He said the judgement should energize members of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) and the people of Ekiti State to march to the polling units with renewed confidence and determination to vote for Asiwaju Bola Tinubu and all APC candidates during Saturday’s presidential and National Assembly elections.

Restating his respect for the Engr Segun Oni, Governor Oyebanji urged his supporters to celebrate in moderation and avoid any form of name calling or hostility against members of the opposition party. He pointed out that Engr Oni had the right to exercise his constitutional right of seeking judicial intervention in the matter.

“I commend the judiciary for this landmark judgement. The judiciary is living up to the expectation of the people. This is victory for democracy and the rule of law.

“I dedicate this victory to God and the good people of Ekiti State who have continue to show tremendous support for the administration. It’s a validation of what they did during the election and I thank the Judiciary for upholding our victory as a party.

“I just want to plead with all our supporters. Let us celebrate moderately. There is no need to quarrel with anybody or resort to name calling. We are one in Ekiti State. The party that has gone to court did so in exercise of its fundamental right.

“The judgement should energize our members to march to the polling units determined to vote for Asiwaju Bola Tinubu and all APC candidates on Saturday, February 25.

“I further re-state my respect for Engr. Segun Oni and further invite him back to APC and also join us in the task of making our people prosperous.”, the Governor added.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02CAW3WmG8od7nfeAvgPvUrpZLXAB6XDwMRcQny9ans6cmBePkrgA9ine5iyZWUSrHl&id=100069437032705&mibextid=Nif5oz

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ekiti: Oyebanji Hails Appeal Court Ruling, Dedicates Victory To God, by mbahdi(m): 7:00pm On Feb 21, 2023
Apc n it's bastard supporter's will be disgraced in d coming days

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekiti: Oyebanji Hails Appeal Court Ruling, Dedicates Victory To God, by Hendrixky: 7:00pm On Feb 21, 2023
This is the time for us to do away with tribalism, religion and personal interests

Even a 14 year old in Nigeria as at this moment knows
Who we want as the president

For a man to be able to perform very well that man must be physically fit, mentally fit and he must be aware of his environment
Lets not pretend that we are not aware that a particular candidate is not mentally and physically fit
He is not even aware of what is going on in his environment

Every Nigeria knows this..please don't because of tribe and religion repeat our mistakes
We just suffered Buhari tenure. The pain of Buhari incessant travel for medical check up is very fresh in our heart
I'm not igbo, am not hausa am not yoruba
Am from Edo sate. Please pity the future of our children and do away with tribalism and religion and do the right thing at your polling unit

These are one of the many evidence showing that he is mentally not strong. The national anthem was going on
Oshiomhole have to call him to order....we all are seeing this please 🙏. Let do the right thing...
Please if you can't give out your daughter or sister to an old man suffering from dementia, speech defects, shuffling gait, not mentally and physically fit
But wants to bring it upon Nigeria may you and your children knows no peace

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti: Oyebanji Hails Appeal Court Ruling, Dedicates Victory To God, by Nobody: 7:00pm On Feb 21, 2023
grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekiti: Oyebanji Hails Appeal Court Ruling, Dedicates Victory To God, by iCauseTrouble: 7:00pm On Feb 21, 2023
Segun Oni should go and rest

4 Likes

Re: Ekiti: Oyebanji Hails Appeal Court Ruling, Dedicates Victory To God, by forayfleo(m): 7:01pm On Feb 21, 2023
Congratulations to you

1 Like

Re: Ekiti: Oyebanji Hails Appeal Court Ruling, Dedicates Victory To God, by HEBEI: 7:01pm On Feb 21, 2023
H shocked
Re: Ekiti: Oyebanji Hails Appeal Court Ruling, Dedicates Victory To God, by bhella10: 7:02pm On Feb 21, 2023
Gather here to wail
Re: Ekiti: Oyebanji Hails Appeal Court Ruling, Dedicates Victory To God, by renderme: 7:02pm On Feb 21, 2023
All the current SW governors are christian.

Not that it matters, just stating this for these silly obedients that keep saying there is a muslim agenda in the SW. We are yorubas, we vote whoever we like irrespective of religion. Learn civility and keep ur religious hate in your region or leave. No one is forcing you to stay in the SW.

9 Likes

Re: Ekiti: Oyebanji Hails Appeal Court Ruling, Dedicates Victory To God, by Burgcudi(m): 7:04pm On Feb 21, 2023
Re: Ekiti: Oyebanji Hails Appeal Court Ruling, Dedicates Victory To God, by atdscentofwater: 7:05pm On Feb 21, 2023
We see
Re: Ekiti: Oyebanji Hails Appeal Court Ruling, Dedicates Victory To God, by Newgeess(m): 7:06pm On Feb 21, 2023
well God is good
Re: Ekiti: Oyebanji Hails Appeal Court Ruling, Dedicates Victory To God, by Skillsnigeria: 7:08pm On Feb 21, 2023
Hmmm
Re: Ekiti: Oyebanji Hails Appeal Court Ruling, Dedicates Victory To God, by MorolayoVictor(m): 7:29pm On Feb 21, 2023
Continue...
Re: Ekiti: Oyebanji Hails Appeal Court Ruling, Dedicates Victory To God, by foleskay(m): 7:42pm On Feb 21, 2023
OK.
We await osun judgement. Adeleke is doing well over there oo. He just paid 2016 salary arrears to both retired and current workers in d state. A retiree woman was practically crying when she saw d alert. The video was so touching.

I don't see Tinubu winning osun sha. Na pdp everwhere oo. Demola is doing well

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti: Oyebanji Hails Appeal Court Ruling, Dedicates Victory To God, by KingKO22: 7:58pm On Feb 21, 2023
K
Re: Ekiti: Oyebanji Hails Appeal Court Ruling, Dedicates Victory To God, by KingKO22: 7:58pm On Feb 21, 2023
Good
Re: Ekiti: Oyebanji Hails Appeal Court Ruling, Dedicates Victory To God, by Bhol28: 8:07pm On Feb 21, 2023
Hendrixky:
This is the time for us to do away with tribalism, religion and personal interests

Even a 14 year old in Nigeria as at this moment knows
Who we want as the president

For a man to be able to perform very well that man must be physically fit, mentally fit and he must be aware of his environment
Lets not pretend that we are not aware that a particular candidate is not mentally and physically fit
He is not even aware of what is going on in his environment

Every Nigeria knows this..please don't because of tribe and religion repeat our mistakes
We just suffered Buhari tenure. The pain of Buhari incessant travel for medical check up is very fresh in our heart
I'm not igbo, am not hausa am not yoruba
Am from Edo sate. Please pity the future of our children and do away with tribalism and religion and do the right thing at your polling unit

These are one of the many evidence showing that he is mentally not strong. The national anthem was going on
Oshiomhole have to call him to order....we all are seeing this please 🙏. Let do the right thing...
Please if you can't give out your daughter or sister to an old man suffering from dementia, speech defects, shuffling gait, not mentally and physically fit
But wants to bring it upon Nigeria may you and your children knows no peace
Can u substantiate your allegations that the man has dementia and all these allegations with geniune medical reports?.From my own observations as he has successfully travelled round North,West ,South and East of the country and listening to all his speeches without a biased mind I am fully convinced that he is more than capable to take this country forward and solve most of the problems.BAT is the most qualified of all the candidates.

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti: Oyebanji Hails Appeal Court Ruling, Dedicates Victory To God, by Bfly: 8:11pm On Feb 21, 2023
We pray for strength and wisdom
Re: Ekiti: Oyebanji Hails Appeal Court Ruling, Dedicates Victory To God, by Hendrixky: 8:11pm On Feb 21, 2023
Bhol28:
Can u substantiate your allegations that the man has dementia and all these allegations with geniune medical reports?.From my own observations as he has successfully travelled round North,West ,South and East of the country and listening to all his speeches without a biased mind I am fully convinced that he is more than capable to take this country forward and solve most of the problems.BAT is the most qualified of all the candidates.

Wow and you listen to all his campaign speeches and yet you still deceive yourself to accept that man

You are the problem of Nigeria bro

What about the pic below

If you are educated then your education is a waste

Re: Ekiti: Oyebanji Hails Appeal Court Ruling, Dedicates Victory To God, by ebenholer2(m): 8:25pm On Feb 21, 2023
THE PROBLEM I AM HAVING WITH MR OBI IS HIS SUPPORTER...HE IS A GOOD MAN WITH A DEVIANT AND NASTY SUPPORTERS. THEY ARE ALL NOT GOOD FOR THE UNITY OF THIS NATION.
Re: Ekiti: Oyebanji Hails Appeal Court Ruling, Dedicates Victory To God, by President2001(m): 9:16pm On Feb 21, 2023
If Fayose did not betrayed PdP Segun Oni would have be the one in charge by now
Re: Ekiti: Oyebanji Hails Appeal Court Ruling, Dedicates Victory To God, by kunle4toyeyaho: 9:25pm On Feb 21, 2023
renderme:
All the current SW governors are christian.

Not that it matters, just stating this for these silly obedients that keep saying there is a muslim agenda in the SW. We are yorubas, we vote whoever we like irrespective of religion. Learn civility and keep ur religious hate in your region or leave. No one is forcing you to stay in the SW.
All the 17 southern Governors are Christians,has any Muslim ever complain?

1 Like

Re: Ekiti: Oyebanji Hails Appeal Court Ruling, Dedicates Victory To God, by Menclothing: 9:30pm On Feb 21, 2023
Nice one
Re: Ekiti: Oyebanji Hails Appeal Court Ruling, Dedicates Victory To God, by tfelicityk(m): 10:54pm On Feb 21, 2023
Congratulations to him.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti: Oyebanji Hails Appeal Court Ruling, Dedicates Victory To God, by techWriter3: 5:20am On Feb 22, 2023
the Party n itsing the praises of bastard supportersing the praises of will would disgraced in d coming days

However, Check my profile if you need help with your thesis, personal statement, statement of purpose, dissertation, or assignment.

(1) (Reply)

Why I Hate Igbos And Everything They Stand For / Fuel Scarcity: NNPC Holds Press Conference (Photo) / Tambuwal Meets PDP Delegates In Abuja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.