Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,263 members, 7,815,430 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:18 PM

Scared Of Love Across The Ocean - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Scared Of Love Across The Ocean (1024 Views)

Scared Of Making Love With Her, Help! / Are Guys Scared Of Dating Or Marrying Working-Class Ladies? / Why Are Ladies Always Scared Of Cute Guys? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scared Of Love Across The Ocean by Bblak(f): 10:11am On Aug 30, 2007
Hey guys, i've looked through d nook and crannies of this land 2 c if anyone has ever addressed d issue of love across the ocean. But alas my survey cld not provide reasonable answers.

The point is a lot of people are actually scared of Love across the Ocean, this concerns a girlfriend of mine that has bin in a relationship 4 close to 4yrs before her guy traveled and lata stop kipin in touch with silly excuses that he’s so busy, he’s trying 2 settle down dere and so on which eventually led 2 their breakup after a while because they cld not understand or trust each oda any longer. d development really affected her and she vowed never 2 be involved in love across d ocean again saying that it just does not work out.

So my question is:

* What's your own perception of Love across the ocean. Is it really worth it or does it mean that if your guy or girl  decides 2 live d shores of Nigeria then d love u both shared is gone wt her or him?

*Can you date a girl or guy that is not in thesame country with you. If yes

*Then,how do u intend to make it work out and what is the Right way or Tips on how 2 handle love across d ocean and makes it work out?

Your contribution will be highly appreciated and I’m pretty sure it will turn a lot of Relationship/Love across d ocean around. No criticism please, just anxious. lol.
Re: Scared Of Love Across The Ocean by iice(f): 10:37am On Aug 30, 2007
Sorry but arent there lots of threads on Long Distance Relationships?

Nwayz, i have always said, its not for me. . .i don't do them. But good for those who make out ok
Re: Scared Of Love Across The Ocean by Bblak(f): 10:56am On Aug 30, 2007
@iice.

thanks for d contribution.if i had seen such thread i wldn't av asked. anyways it's all gd.
Re: Scared Of Love Across The Ocean by jkpretty(f): 11:14am On Aug 30, 2007
Love across the ocean is something i don't pray for, There are some rel that have workd out perfectly though, but most times it hits the rock. I usually say that understanding really matters in a relationship, but distance relationship goes far beyond understanding, its now becomes a thing of If u are really meant to be.

I know a friend who's been dating a guy for 7yrs & they started d rel just about two months before he left, there's been ups & down though but they r getting married soon.

To tell u d truth, i only know of two good & romantic stories but i can tell u of 20 bad ones.

Its not d best but there r times u can't help it undecided
Re: Scared Of Love Across The Ocean by tete(f): 11:43am On Aug 30, 2007
I think it all depends on the individuals involved and their commitment to the relationship. It definitely does not help if one is commited and the other is not. Even when you're both in the same country but in different states, it can be strenous and tiresome not to talk of being in different countries.

For some it has not been a hinderance, others just fall apart, for me its a definite no no except God has other plans for me.
Re: Scared Of Love Across The Ocean by slimdre2: 3:44pm On Aug 30, 2007
there is nothin wrong with distant relationship as long as the relationship is well established b4 distance comes in and there is trust.
Re: Scared Of Love Across The Ocean by coffri(f): 5:03pm On Dec 12, 2008
@ Post, Long Relationship, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, i want to belive it works for those GOD has planed it for.

relship generally show be a basic of LOVE, TRUSt, MATURITY , RESPECT and PATIENT among other things. ,once this 5s is strongly established, no thing can put asunder.

My very BEST friend left Nig. 1999 with her mum tru VISA Lottery, but before then she was involved in a retship wit a guy in my area. they keep in touch by communicating on net, fone and sending pics ans all that, after gud 7years , they got married last year July and now s given birth to a baby boy this last October. wat do u say to this, watever the thin is, i believe GOD is the author of all retship so dont lets conclude, i hav many stories like this,
Re: Scared Of Love Across The Ocean by DereI(f): 2:27pm On Nov 29, 2009
80% of Distance relationship dont work out. Its either the individuals involved gets involved with someone else, or the love gradually fades.

(1) (Reply)

Should I Come To Naija Following A Break In School? / Should I Take Him Back / Are Permanent Relationships Feasible Or Fallacies ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.