Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,842 members, 7,813,840 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:39 PM

Miss Angola Is Crowned Miss Universe 2011 - Fashion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Miss Angola Is Crowned Miss Universe 2011 (31343 Views)

Mireia Lalaguna, Crowned Miss World 2015 Contest Winner / Ugoji Catherine Mary-Nneamaka Crowned Miss Coal City Nigeria / Miss Universe 2011: African Contestants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Miss Angola Is Crowned Miss Universe 2011 by Wbong: 10:47pm On Sep 13, 2011
hmm I have never seen Guinea women b4 I will check out.
uhm more central African women shld participate in Miss world and Miss Universe. because we dont see them

I think the country Niger shld have beautiful women also
Re: Miss Angola Is Crowned Miss Universe 2011 by mamagee3(f): 10:53pm On Sep 13, 2011
Congratulations to her!!!
Re: Miss Angola Is Crowned Miss Universe 2011 by ThiefOfHearts(f): 11:00pm On Sep 13, 2011
Wbong:

well I prefer the cameroon girl I uploaded  smiley i think shes 10 times more beautiful than Miss cameroon 2011. she so natural n beautiful

are you saying Miss Angola isnt natural?

besides that Cameroon girl has bad taste in makeup. no one lines their lips like she did anymore.
Re: Miss Angola Is Crowned Miss Universe 2011 by okadaman2: 11:02pm On Sep 13, 2011
mama-gee:

Congratulations to her!!!

@your profile pic. You mean Nollywood made a movie about Beyonce and Rihanna? grin grin

Dem go kill pesin embarassed
Re: Miss Angola Is Crowned Miss Universe 2011 by mamagee3(f): 11:03pm On Sep 13, 2011
okada_man:

@your profile pic. You mean Nollywood made a movie about Beyonce and Rihanna?  grin grin

Dem go kill pesin  embarassed
Yes, they did. . .It's just one of many pointless and senseless movies from nollywood. grin grin
Re: Miss Angola Is Crowned Miss Universe 2011 by Wbong: 11:14pm On Sep 13, 2011
ThiefOfHearts:

are you saying Miss Angola isnt natural?

besides that Cameroon girl has bad taste in makeup. no one lines their lips like she did anymore.

naa not the Angolan girl
Re: Miss Angola Is Crowned Miss Universe 2011 by ThiefOfHearts(f): 11:18pm On Sep 13, 2011
what's unnatural about her?
Re: Miss Angola Is Crowned Miss Universe 2011 by okadaman2: 11:20pm On Sep 13, 2011
mama-gee:

Yes, they did. . .It's just one of many pointless and senseless movies from nollywood. grin grin

I've not seen any of their crap in years, I pity those who live by nollywood embarassed
Re: Miss Angola Is Crowned Miss Universe 2011 by SmoothCrim: 12:16am On Sep 14, 2011
Who told you she is mixed? Have you asked her?  Are Fulani Mixed? Are some Hausa's mixed? What about the people in Mali and others in all West African countries? Hint not every African has the same features. She may very well be 90 percent Black and 10 percent white but, you have to prove it grin  Also, can we call Ms. Mexico from last year part Black what about the Brazilian candidate this year?  After all more Africans were sent to Mexico than the United states? And Brazil has the biggest population of Black decent. You guys are acting like the Blacks in the new world of slave decent who hold on to any minutia of European ancestry grin grin grin grin While the lighter people in the new world all claim pure European ancestry.  grin grin grin If we are going to go on extreme technicality then, probably every one in the new world is mixed but, in reality nobody believes that and it is not true in a real sense,
Re: Miss Angola Is Crowned Miss Universe 2011 by Kunbee: 12:23am On Sep 14, 2011
Congrats lipsrsealed
Re: Miss Angola Is Crowned Miss Universe 2011 by Imoga1: 12:29am On Sep 14, 2011
smiley u are prety kool. i love u more, kip it up young mama kiss kiss kiss
Re: Miss Angola Is Crowned Miss Universe 2011 by Nayah(f): 12:39am On Sep 14, 2011
Truthof heart, sorry I think I've missed something, who told you Miss Angola was not natural?, secondly you should read again the exchanges between Wbong and I and the context , thirdly I respect your opinion about Miss Cameroon, but the thing is she's still a Miss

Conclusion, before jumping on untrue conclusions, you should re read or ask it might help  wink
Re: Miss Angola Is Crowned Miss Universe 2011 by pleep(m): 1:15am On Sep 14, 2011
Wbong:

hmm I have never seen Guinea women b4 I will check out.
uhm more central African women shld participate in Miss world and Miss Universe. because we dont see them

I think the country Niger shld have beautiful women also
they are basically just fulanis or peuls or w/e they call themselves. About 40% of the country.

SmoothCrim:

Who told you she is mixed? Have you asked her?  Are Fulani Mixed? Are some Hausa's mixed? What about the people in Mali and others in all West African countries? Hint not every African has the same features. She may very well be 90 percent Black and 10 percent white but, you have to prove it grin  Also, can we call Ms. Mexico from last year part Black what about the Brazilian candidate this year?  After all more Africans were sent to Mexico than the United states? And Brazil has the biggest population of Black decent. You guys are acting like the Blacks in the new world of slave decent who hold on to any minutia of European ancestry grin grin grin grin While the lighter people in the new world all claim pure European ancestry.  grin grin grin If we are going to go on extreme technicality then, probably every one in the new world is mixed but, in reality nobody believes that and it is not true in a real sense,

You make a good point.
Re: Miss Angola Is Crowned Miss Universe 2011 by beeke(m): 2:48am On Sep 14, 2011
Some people still believe that there is nothing like an African beauty but i must say there is beauty in the African system thumps up to our African queens they are the best when it comes to beauty my black queens are miles ahead of other race, nobody fit try them cause there beauty are real and endless there black skin color can never fade. i love them black and sweet.
Re: Miss Angola Is Crowned Miss Universe 2011 by tpia5: 3:37am On Sep 14, 2011
SmoothCrim:

her parents are cape verdean so yes, she's mixed.

not every mixed african has light skin or an overly european appearance.

most africans or nigerians with her features arent mixed, but that doesnt mean she isnt.

Most of the population is of creole ethnicity, mixed from black African and European descent. The European men who colonized Cape Verde did not usually bring wives or families with them. As female African slaves were brought to the islands inter-marriages occurred.[10]

A genetic study revealed that the ancestry of the population in Cape Verde is 57% African and 43% European

The Cape Verde archipelago was uninhabited when the Portuguese discovered it in 1456. African slaves were brought to the islands to work on Portuguese plantations. As a result, Cape Verdeans are mulattos (mestiços in Portuguese), who have mixed African and European origins. European ancestors also include Spanish and Italian seamen who were granted land by the Portuguese Empire, followed by Portuguese settlers, exiles, and Portuguese Jews who were victims of the Inquisition. Many foreigners from other parts of the world settled Cape Verde as their permanent country. Most of them were Dutch, French, British (English), Arab and Jewish (from Lebanon and Morocco), Chinese (especially from Macau), American, and Brazilian (including people of Portuguese and African descent). All of these have been absorbed into the mestiço population.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Cape_Verde
Re: Miss Angola Is Crowned Miss Universe 2011 by pleep(m): 4:04am On Sep 14, 2011
by that logic every single South European & Arab is mixed. Really people there is a double standard for mixed blood when it comes to black people.

Whenever ppl see an attractive black person they rush to say they are mixed.
Re: Miss Angola Is Crowned Miss Universe 2011 by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:05am On Sep 14, 2011
Nayah:

Truthof heart, sorry I think I've missed something, who told you Miss Angola was not natural?, secondly you should read again the exchanges between Wbong and I and the context , thirdly I respect your opinion about Miss Cameroon, but the thing is she's still a Miss

Conclusion, before jumping on untrue conclusions, you should re read or ask it might help  wink

are you drunk?

who was talking to you in the first place?  

wbong said that UNLIKE Miss Angola, Miss Cameroon is natural and I wanted him to expand on that. Who mentioned your name?  

gbegborun.
Re: Miss Angola Is Crowned Miss Universe 2011 by HotieTima(f): 6:38am On Sep 14, 2011
kiss kiss kiss omg thank god that a black woman have won after some many years
Re: Miss Angola Is Crowned Miss Universe 2011 by Nobody: 6:44am On Sep 14, 2011
I JUST CHECKED PROFILE PICS, AND U'VE GAT GREY HAIR.

AREN'T U SUPPOSE TO BE IN D POLITICS ZONE?

Re: Miss Angola Is Crowned Miss Universe 2011 by nolongTing: 8:14am On Sep 14, 2011
okada_man:

Many Angolans are mixed because Portuguese slave owners are a bunch of r.a.p.i.st racists. They did the same thing in Brazil. They did it everywhere they went.

Of course all slave owners loved to ra.p/e black women, but the portuguese probably enjoyed it more than others. They were more successful with it in their colonies e.g Brazil

They also encouraged race mixing in their former colonies. It's not all bad, the products are beautiful to look at  grin

But the effects on the psyche of those who are seen as coming from the less desirable race "black dark-skinned people" is like a double slap.

It created white, mixed(mulatto), black. it didn't  solve skin color discrimination, it just created a new layer to add to it.

BTW, most of the slaves shipped to Brazil were from present day Nigeria, Angola and other smaller countries along that coast. They are your people mixed with white.

Thats right! the Italians are the same, when they colonise a place they try to wipe out the African genes with R.a_pe just take a look at Somalia and Ethiopia many of them are Half Italian, The truth of the matter is Miss Universe is all about EUROPEAN BEAUTY - Miss Angola is OBVIOUSLY MIXED.
Re: Miss Angola Is Crowned Miss Universe 2011 by tjskii(f): 8:29am On Sep 14, 2011
miss botswana resemble michelle obama
Re: Miss Angola Is Crowned Miss Universe 2011 by Nayah(f): 8:39am On Sep 14, 2011
thiefof hearts I can't repeat all we've said with Wbong, but one thing is sure:
Miss Angola is very beautiful and there's no debate about it, so there's no reason for this animosity

Thanks
Re: Miss Angola Is Crowned Miss Universe 2011 by Jenifa1: 10:06am On Sep 14, 2011
She is gorgeous. I am glad she won.

She somehow reminds me of Agbani Darego though.
Re: Miss Angola Is Crowned Miss Universe 2011 by SmoothCrim: 1:02pm On Sep 14, 2011
You call that Mixed? hahhahahahahaha. Negroes will always be slaves. Ms. Mexico was part Black then so was Ms. Brazil, USA, and others.

Don't tell them about it though. When I go to Northern Nigeria I see women who look like that every day. Are they mixed? hahaha. Some of you are jokers.
Re: Miss Angola Is Crowned Miss Universe 2011 by SmoothCrim: 1:07pm On Sep 14, 2011
I just did a random search of "Ghana women"

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Ghana&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=3077l3674l0l3735l5l4l0l0l0l0l278l513l0.2.1l3l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&biw=1280&bih=802&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi#um=1&hl=en&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=Ghana+women&pbx=1&oq=Ghana+women&aq=f&aqi=g5g-m3&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=2550l3174l0l3300l6l5l0l0l0l0l193l590l2.3l5l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=2dfb4b0b8099d048&biw=1280&bih=802

They don't all have big noses like the Nigerian and Cameroon ones! Are they mixed??

Idiots grin grin grin

What about Mali women

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Ghana&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=3077l3674l0l3735l5l4l0l0l0l0l278l513l0.2.1l3l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&biw=1280&bih=802&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi#um=1&hl=en&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=Mali+women&oq=Mali+women&aq=f&aqi=g2&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=38336l39291l4l39421l10l8l0l3l3l0l113l408l4.1l5l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=2dfb4b0b8099d048&biw=1280&bih=802

what about cote d'ivoire women

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Ghana&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=3077l3674l0l3735l5l4l0l0l0l0l278l513l0.2.1l3l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&biw=1280&bih=802&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi#um=1&hl=en&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=cote+d%27ivore+women&oq=cote+d%27ivore+women&aq=f&aqi=g-s1&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=22937l26751l8l26904l20l17l2l3l3l0l163l1156l7.5l12l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=2dfb4b0b8099d048&biw=1280&bih=802

Come on they all don't have big noses they must be mixed.

Nigerian women from the South and Cameroonian women tend to have big noses but, do not represent the whole region. Just saying.
Re: Miss Angola Is Crowned Miss Universe 2011 by tpia5: 6:04pm On Sep 14, 2011
@smooth criminal

geez, why do nigerians always argue over even the most basic facts.

her parents are CAPE VERDEAN so yes, she's mixed.

do you not speak english?

the fact that she looks like a typical black nigerian woman doesnt mean she's not mixed!!!!

i'm not going to exchange words with you all day!!

seems you are colour struck and cant think beyond light skin.
Re: Miss Angola Is Crowned Miss Universe 2011 by Ahbeke(f): 6:58pm On Sep 14, 2011
THOU SHE LOOKS LIKE AGBANI, WHEN I WAS WATCHIN THE CONTEST I SCREAMED AGBANI THE SECOND.

SHE IS BEAUTIFUL, SEXY AND COOL THOU,AM HAPPY SHE WON BUT TO TELL THE TRUTH ( I FOLLOWED THE CONTEST FROM BEGINNING (CAMPING)), THE VOTING

ON MISS UNIVERSE PAGE, BIKINI PARADE E.T.C I SAW IT ALL,

MISS PHILIPPINES DESERVE THE CROWN, FOLLOWED BY UKRAINE,

THE BEST/TOP 5 IS GBAM BUT WHEN IT COMES TO THE WINNER, I CONCOUR TO THE JUDGES DECISION.

COMMON GUYS GO TO WEB SITES U STILL SEE PART OF IT THEN U KNOW THAT MISS PHILIPPINES DERSERVE TO WIN, SHE SO COMPORT HERSELF, ANSW ALL

HER QUESTION WITHOUT THINKING ND WITOUT AN INTERPRETER STRAIGHT AND SMOOTH, SOO WAT ARE WE TAKING ABOUT. JUST GO CHECK HER OUT.
Re: Miss Angola Is Crowned Miss Universe 2011 by pleep(m): 9:18pm On Sep 14, 2011
SmoothCrim:

You call that Mixed? hahhahahahahaha. Negroes will always be slaves. Ms. Mexico was part Black then so  was Ms. Brazil, USA, and others.

Don't tell them about it though. When I go to Northern Nigeria I see women who look like that every day. Are they mixed? hahaha. Some of you are jokers.
Amen. people are always rushing to say mixed this, mixed that whenever they see a black person. its rediculous and annoying.
Re: Miss Angola Is Crowned Miss Universe 2011 by SmoothCrim: 3:11am On Sep 15, 2011
I hope you know 30 percent of Cape Verdians are Black. grin
Re: Miss Angola Is Crowned Miss Universe 2011 by ThiefOfHearts(f): 3:51pm On Sep 16, 2011
Re: Miss Angola Is Crowned Miss Universe 2011 by ThiefOfHearts(f): 3:52pm On Sep 16, 2011
All these oybo women looking 30 years older than their ages

Mss France ko. Miss French ni. Sore hideous loser.
Re: Miss Angola Is Crowned Miss Universe 2011 by Nobody: 7:47pm On Oct 14, 2011
I wish Guinea one of these day, will participate to those international pageant thing, they are generally gorgeous
[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mavTZ3QBWWk&feature=related[/flash]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde's Dress To Ebony Vanguard Award (photos) / Anambra Government Bars Female Students From Wearing Short Skirts / Ghana-Must-Go Shirt & Cap On Model

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.