Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,827 members, 7,813,744 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:27 PM

Miss Angola Is Crowned Miss Universe 2011 - Fashion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Miss Angola Is Crowned Miss Universe 2011 (31340 Views)

Mireia Lalaguna, Crowned Miss World 2015 Contest Winner / Ugoji Catherine Mary-Nneamaka Crowned Miss Coal City Nigeria / Miss Universe 2011: African Contestants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Miss Angola Is Crowned Miss Universe 2011 by Rgp92: 4:34pm On Sep 13, 2011
Wbong:

oh sharrap id/iot! did I say the winner was mixed?
i said many of their women are

You must be very blind! Many are not.
Re: Miss Angola Is Crowned Miss Universe 2011 by Nayah(f): 4:34pm On Sep 13, 2011
Wbong Portuguese got a perspective of settle down on its former colonies as others "Portugal" territories so they mixed people just see Cap Vert or Mozambique, and yes when we are reading your previous post we can think that you re almost regretting not have mixed sisters, but anyway maybe I m wrong but it sounds like that. Mixed people are not better than the others it depends on tastes.
Re: Miss Angola Is Crowned Miss Universe 2011 by Wbong: 4:41pm On Sep 13, 2011
at least it disproves Ghana's rationale, that you have to feature a contestant who looks white or is half white, in order to be successful in this competition.

I was referring 2 this post. I have nothing against mixed girls. its was very annoying when Ghana chose a mixed women who has never lived in ghana and neither did she participate in the 2011 miss ghana paegent.

I just read abt Mulattos in Africa. I just discovered most mullatos are from Cape verde, angola and Mozambique so i wasnt wrong abt them being mixed.
Re: Miss Angola Is Crowned Miss Universe 2011 by nolongTing: 4:41pm On Sep 13, 2011
Nayah:

Wbong Portuguese got a perspective of settle down on its former colonies as others "Portugal" territories so they mixed people just see Cap Vert or Mozambique, and yes when we are reading your previous post we can think that you re almost regretting not have mixed sisters, but anyway maybe I m wrong but it sounds like that. Mixed people are not better than the others it depends on tastes.

[size=18pt]Daughter of Cape Verdean immigrants represents Angola in Miss Universe pageant[/size]
24 August 2011
Leila Lopes, born in Benguela, Angola to Cape Verdean parents, will represent Angola at the Miss Universe pageant in São Paulo, Brazil on September 12.

[img]http://www.asemana.publ.cv/IMG/arton67839.jpg[/img]

Leila Lopes, who is currently studying business administration in London, was crowned Miss Angola in the United Kingdom on October 8, 2010, a title that allowed her to compete in the 2011 edition of the Miss Angola pageant.

After being elected the most beautiful Angolan of 2011, she will represent the country in the Miss Universe competition.

Leila is single, as the Miss Universe regulations require, but has a boyfriend who has provided her with moral support since she won the Miss Angola competition.

http://www.asemana.publ.cv/spip.php?article67839&ak=1
Re: Miss Angola Is Crowned Miss Universe 2011 by Rgp92: 4:46pm On Sep 13, 2011
Death to all black male/female who thinks everything mixed with white is good angry angry
Re: Miss Angola Is Crowned Miss Universe 2011 by Nayah(f): 4:48pm On Sep 13, 2011
Rgp lol this is not war brother but yes mixed is not the divine thing, Wbong ok fine
Re: Miss Angola Is Crowned Miss Universe 2011 by Wbong: 4:49pm On Sep 13, 2011
Lisa Lopes is a beautiful black woman
she doesnt look mixed in anyway, her skin is flawless
Re: Miss Angola Is Crowned Miss Universe 2011 by Wbong: 4:51pm On Sep 13, 2011
we are celebrating Angolan black women today

Re: Miss Angola Is Crowned Miss Universe 2011 by nolongTing: 4:54pm On Sep 13, 2011
[flash=390,390]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BtvTu36mHI?version=3&hl=en_US[/flash]

Birth Name: Leila Luliana da Costa Vieira Lopes

Place of Birth: Benguela, Angola

Date of Birth: February 26, 1986

Ethnicity: Cape Verdean

Leila Lopes was crowned the 2011 Miss Universe. She was born in Angola to Cape Verdean immigrant parents. It is interesting to note that the majority of the population of Cape Verde are of mixed West African and [size=18pt]European descent[/size].

She is 5 feet 10 inches tall and is a business management student in the UK.

[size=18pt]viva portugal![/size] viva Angola!  grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Miss Angola Is Crowned Miss Universe 2011 by Wbong: 5:02pm On Sep 13, 2011
but she looks black smiley
Re: Miss Angola Is Crowned Miss Universe 2011 by Wbong: 5:15pm On Sep 13, 2011
black beauties. .Miss British Virgin Island is a stunner

Re: Miss Angola Is Crowned Miss Universe 2011 by nolongTing: 5:19pm On Sep 13, 2011
[size=18pt] Donald Trump: The Man Behind Miss Universe [/size]

[size=18pt] I love beautiful women, and beautiful women love me. It has to be both ways.[/size]

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Miss Angola Is Crowned Miss Universe 2011 by Wbong: 5:20pm On Sep 13, 2011
Miss Universo Curacao 2011. . shes a stunner!

Re: Miss Angola Is Crowned Miss Universe 2011 by nolongTing: 5:30pm On Sep 13, 2011
[size=13pt] The celebrity businessman made news last month when he declared, "I have a great relationship with the blacks. I've always had a great relationship with the blacks."[/size]

Re: Miss Angola Is Crowned Miss Universe 2011 by dayokanu(m): 5:40pm On Sep 13, 2011
Aloy emeka fine pass am
Re: Miss Angola Is Crowned Miss Universe 2011 by Nobody: 6:35pm On Sep 13, 2011
she is stunning!! i envy her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! jheeze
Re: Miss Angola Is Crowned Miss Universe 2011 by denzel2009: 6:49pm On Sep 13, 2011
BABE!:

This sounds too familiar--- Dammy Krane? On point?

I know you go catch am wink on point like fullstop!
Re: Miss Angola Is Crowned Miss Universe 2011 by tpia5: 7:15pm On Sep 13, 2011
dayokanu:

Aloy emeka fine pass am

really?
Re: Miss Angola Is Crowned Miss Universe 2011 by Nayah(f): 8:53pm On Sep 13, 2011
Really proud! smiley
Re: Miss Angola Is Crowned Miss Universe 2011 by siobahn: 9:16pm On Sep 13, 2011
She must have been born on Sunday, she is damn beautiful
Re: Miss Angola Is Crowned Miss Universe 2011 by okadaman2: 9:18pm On Sep 13, 2011
Wbong:

but how come many of them are mixed. .did the portugese mix with the black pple there?
how come other colonial masters didnt mixed with other African countries

Many Angolans are mixed because Portuguese slave owners are a bunch of r.a.p.i.st racists. They did the same thing in Brazil. They did it everywhere they went.

Of course all slave owners loved to ra.p/e black women, but the portuguese probably enjoyed it more than others. They were more successful with it in their colonies e.g Brazil

They also encouraged race mixing in their former colonies. It's not all bad, the products are beautiful to look at  grin

But the effects on the psyche of those who are seen as coming from the less desirable race "black dark-skinned people" is like a double slap.

It created white, mixed(mulatto), black. it didn't  solve skin color discrimination, it just created a new layer to add to it.

BTW, most of the slaves shipped to Brazil were from present day Nigeria, Angola and other smaller countries along that coast. They are your people mixed with white.
Re: Miss Angola Is Crowned Miss Universe 2011 by Wbong: 9:30pm On Sep 13, 2011
Okaka thanks for the info
Re: Miss Angola Is Crowned Miss Universe 2011 by Nayah(f): 9:33pm On Sep 13, 2011
Wbong I told you the same before lol
But anyway as I told you the conclusion is that this is not the women we think they are stunning who win this type of competition, as you were surprised about Horners

Central and Southern Africa are not represented as well as Horners or West Africans for example
Re: Miss Angola Is Crowned Miss Universe 2011 by Wbong: 10:03pm On Sep 13, 2011
even west Africans are not represented well. its only Nigerian women, pple usually see because of Nollywood and recently Ghana-ghollywood. some pple  have never seen sierraleonian women or Gambian women bf

South African is kinda known because of they also have a good entertainment industry, atleast we see south African girls on TV in Africa

but yea central Africans and some southern African countries are underrepresented

one of the prettiest Bantu I have ever seen is from Cameroon. she didnt need european features to look beautiful. big lips, flat nose but shes still beautiful she didnt need european pommy lol

Re: Miss Angola Is Crowned Miss Universe 2011 by Konjour(m): 10:03pm On Sep 13, 2011
Pooooraaa!!!!!!! So this is who my Angolan friends almost kidnapped me over!? WTF! They've been jumping on my head all day about

how the most beautiful woman in the universe is an Angolan.  undecided Congrats to her then! (but my girl looks much better to me than her anywayz

and she is a born and bred Nigerian. Ela é minha Miss Mundo!!! cool
Re: Miss Angola Is Crowned Miss Universe 2011 by nigboy(m): 10:13pm On Sep 13, 2011
Where is Miss Nigeria?
Re: Miss Angola Is Crowned Miss Universe 2011 by Nayah(f): 10:14pm On Sep 13, 2011
Yes Wbong you're probably right about representation, but you know in Central Africa modelling was not developped because people used to see it as "slight" and useless, but now they're becoming more and more interesting on it and people are realizing how amazing they are in terms of beauty!

In West Africa I definately like Guinea Conakry which offers one of the best African beauty in this region
As for Miss Cameroon 2010 that you upload is very beautiful yes but the new is much more charming and natural, because in Cameroon criterias are completely different from those of Nigeria and so on in terms of sophistication, this country has very beautiful women and especially natural

Miss Cameroon 2011

Re: Miss Angola Is Crowned Miss Universe 2011 by ThiefOfHearts(f): 10:23pm On Sep 13, 2011
Glad she won. She's gorgeous and dark! The clown Naija sent was an embarrassment with her ridiculous makeup

Ghana too with their mixed up mulatto. That country has more color issues than Naija which is amazing
Re: Miss Angola Is Crowned Miss Universe 2011 by Wbong: 10:25pm On Sep 13, 2011
well I prefer the cameroon girl I uploaded  smiley i think shes 10 times more beautiful than Miss cameroon 2011. she so natural n beautiful

I will love 2 see more gabon  women n eq guinea, central African women in general-I have never seen a Gabon woman bf lol. .I think the most beautiful west Africans are from senegal and south eastern(igbos) Nigeria and Niger delta-south south Nigeria
Re: Miss Angola Is Crowned Miss Universe 2011 by Wbong: 10:28pm On Sep 13, 2011
@tof, true. .the Naija judges always picks crap. .they were more beautiful Naija girls than her in the Miss Nigeria paegent. .what was so special abt her?
Re: Miss Angola Is Crowned Miss Universe 2011 by Nayah(f): 10:31pm On Sep 13, 2011
lol I respect your choice bro, anyway both are pretty but they are different! and that's what I love in this country, different beauties for every tastes  wink
Seriously, in our region Gabonese are the reputation to be less beautiful than the others, but of course you can see some stunning beauties out there, but CHAD and Central Africa used to offer gorgeous women too

As for the West part of Africa, I told you Guinea Conakry and even your counterparts will tell you this, Senegalese are tall and so on but Guinea got this natural and wild beauty that many people used to recognize

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Where Can I Buy Affordable Gemstones? / Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde's Dress To Ebony Vanguard Award (photos) / Anambra Government Bars Female Students From Wearing Short Skirts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.