Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,126 members, 7,849,512 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 11:04 PM

Husband Filed For Devorce But The Wife Rejected It - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Husband Filed For Devorce But The Wife Rejected It (4046 Views)

He Impregnated My Sister And Rejected It / Nigerian Lady Proposes To Her Longtime Boyfriend In Public And He Rejected It / My Husband Filed For Divorce Because I Went Out With Friends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Husband Filed For Devorce But The Wife Rejected It by Nobody: 8:59pm On Feb 26, 2023
I bring greeting to you all. I thought came to my mind that what a couple have been having series of dispute and the husband filled for devorce in court and the wife refused to sign the devorce paper. What then will happen
Re: Husband Filed For Devorce But The Wife Rejected It by ademasta(m): 9:22pm On Feb 26, 2023
What next?

Na to enter room, knack, make some more babies.

What God has joined together, let no man put asunder grin

9 Likes

Re: Husband Filed For Devorce But The Wife Rejected It by advanceDNA: 9:50pm On Feb 26, 2023
Nacoss25:
I bring greeting to you all. I thought came to my mind that what a couple have been having series of dispute and the husband filled for devorce in court and the wife refused to sign the devorce paper. What then will happen

Ur divorce bcomes a bit complicated but not impossible....

U will get a lawyer that will help u prove to the judge u have exhausted means to live peacefully, or save the marriage and proof she refused to sign..

The judge may decide to give her more time to reapond...if she doesnt by the deadline, the judge will eventually move for what is called divorce by default .... her silence or proof of deliberately not responding becomes consent

6 Likes

Re: Husband Filed For Devorce But The Wife Rejected It by Olukat(m): 9:53pm On Feb 26, 2023
The marriage is still redeemable
Let the man think through everything again
Some persons jump into divorce just for pride and ego

3 Likes

Re: Husband Filed For Devorce But The Wife Rejected It by Baronthecelebri: 10:58pm On Feb 26, 2023
The man should send her out simple
Re: Husband Filed For Devorce But The Wife Rejected It by PoliteActivist: 11:12pm On Feb 26, 2023
Baronthecelebri:

He'd be still married to her - example, he can't remarry

2 Likes

Re: Husband Filed For Devorce But The Wife Rejected It by talk2hb1(m): 8:43am On Feb 27, 2023
Baronthecelebri:
When We Tell Not To Do Court Marriage they won’t listen.

I Guess The Woman Dey Enjoy The Marriage.
Re: Husband Filed For Devorce But The Wife Rejected It by AKWATGOLD1(m): 10:54am On Feb 27, 2023
The woman does not want any female to take her position in the husband's house.
Nacoss25:
Re: Husband Filed For Devorce But The Wife Rejected It by Qatar2022: 3:03pm On Feb 27, 2023
Olukat:
The marriage is still redeemable
Let the man think through everything again
Some persons jump into divorce just for pride and ego
Think about what if i may ask?

1 Like

Re: Husband Filed For Devorce But The Wife Rejected It by marlow1962(m): 3:30pm On Feb 27, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Hmmm dy play
Re: Husband Filed For Devorce But The Wife Rejected It by Nobody: 6:50pm On Feb 27, 2023
advanceDNA:

U will get a lawyer that will help u prove to the judge u have exhausted means to live peacefully, or save the marriage and proof she refused to sign..

The judge may decide to give her more time to reapond...if she doesnt by the deadline, the judge will eventually move for what is called divorce by default .... her silence or proof of deliberately not responding becomes consent
Nice contribution
Re: Husband Filed For Devorce But The Wife Rejected It by Truvelisback(m): 9:14pm On Feb 27, 2023
advanceDNA:

If she refuses, there is nothing u can do. U can't force her to sign the divorce form.
Re: Husband Filed For Devorce But The Wife Rejected It by advanceDNA: 9:19pm On Feb 27, 2023
Truvelisback:
If she refuses, there is nothing u can do. U can't force her to sign the divorce form.

Nobody can force anyone to remain married by not signing divorce papers.... thats what court are meant for.....marriages can be dissolved in the absence of one party
. signing the papers presented by one party only makes it easy...

3 Likes

Re: Husband Filed For Devorce But The Wife Rejected It by Truvelisback(m): 9:26pm On Feb 27, 2023
advanceDNA:

Nobody can force anyone to remain married by not signing divorce papers.... thats what court are meant for.....marriages can be dissolved in the absence of one party
. signing the papers presented by one party only makes it easy...
Both will have to agree. If the other party refuses, so be it. They will only keep adjorning the case. The worst the man would do is to try make the woman get tired of the marriage so that she would willfully divorce.

1 Like

Re: Husband Filed For Devorce But The Wife Rejected It by advanceDNA: 9:33pm On Feb 27, 2023
Truvelisback:
Both will have to agree. If the other party refuses, so be it. They will only keep adjorning the case. The worst the man would do is to try make the woman get tired of the marriage so that she would willfully divorce.

Lol.........a judge will keep adjorning case because of one person?? This is funny....U clearly dont know the power of judge... so why do u think divorce cases go to court?? For judges beg both of them to sign?? Lol

1 Like

Re: Husband Filed For Devorce But The Wife Rejected It by Truvelisback(m): 9:37pm On Feb 27, 2023
advanceDNA:

Lol.........a judge will keep adjorning case because of one person?? This is funny....U clearly dont know the power of judge... so why do u think divorce cases go to court?? For judges beg both of them to sign?? Lol

Are u saying the judge or court would dissolve the marriage without the agreement of the wife? Even when she refused to sign?
Re: Husband Filed For Devorce But The Wife Rejected It by advanceDNA: 9:48pm On Feb 27, 2023
Truvelisback:
Are u saying the judge or court would dissolve the marriage without the agreement of the wife? Even when she refused to sign?

On norms...u are just supposed to get a lawyer to draw up papers, both sign..end of story....

The reason divorce cases are dragged to court is sometimes because one person doesnt want to sign...the judge has the power to dissolve the marriage after hearing the reason divorce.. u cant refuse a judge's final verdict..when u are not crazy buhari....

Sometimes ..if there is no violence or infidelity....the judge can adjorn the case and tell them to come back after 30-60 days if they still feel like divorcing before dissolving the union.... there are many cases one party will not show up....the judge still has the power to dissolve the union after proof they deliberately refuse to respond....

3 Likes

Re: Husband Filed For Devorce But The Wife Rejected It by Dickson178(m): 9:53pm On Feb 27, 2023
Nacoss25:
Report to tinubu ASAP, let him send his thugs 😅
Re: Husband Filed For Devorce But The Wife Rejected It by Truvelisback(m): 9:59pm On Feb 27, 2023
advanceDNA:

On norms...u are just supposed to get a lawyer to draw up papers, both sign..end of story....

The reason divorce cases are dragged to court is sometimes because one person doesnt want to sign...the judge has the power to dissolve the marriage after hearing the reason divorce.. u cant refuse a judge's final verdict..when u are not crazy buhari....

Sometimes ..if there is no violence or infidelity....the judge can adjorn the case and tell them to come back after 30-60 days if they still feel like divorcing before dissolving the union.... there are many cases one party will not show up....the judge still has the power to dissolve the union after proof they deliberately refuse to respond....
Alright. True, the judge still has the power to dissolve the union. Although, i don't know much abt court marriage. I was told that in court marriage can only be dissolve if both agree to sign the divorce form.
Re: Husband Filed For Devorce But The Wife Rejected It by advanceDNA: 10:03pm On Feb 27, 2023
Truvelisback:
Alright. True, the judge still has the power to dissolve the union. Although, i don't know much abt court marriage. I was told that in court marriage can only be dissolve if both agree to sign the divorce form.

If they dont go to court at all..both must sign
Re: Husband Filed For Devorce But The Wife Rejected It by Truvelisback(m): 10:53pm On Feb 27, 2023
advanceDNA:

If they dont go to court at all..both must sign
Was the signing not done in the court?
Re: Husband Filed For Devorce But The Wife Rejected It by advanceDNA: 11:13pm On Feb 27, 2023
Truvelisback:
Was the signing not done in the court?

U dont have to go before a judge to divorce each other....if one person wants to leave...he or she can simply pay a lawyer who will draft a divorce letter for the other person to sign with agreements on what will be the responsibility of both party after divorce...if its okay they both sign...
... its when the other person refuses maybe because they feel cheated, used, or they want to get vindictive, or make the person pay... usually women ...they like to frustrate the man when they notice he has found one young girl....

3 Likes

Re: Husband Filed For Devorce But The Wife Rejected It by Truvelisback(m): 8:42am On Feb 28, 2023
advanceDNA:

U dont have to go before a judge to divorce each other....if one person wants to leave...he or she can simply pay a lawyer who will draft a divorce letter for the other person to sign with agreements on what will be the responsibility of both party after divorce...if its okay they both sign...
... its when the other person refuses maybe because they feel cheated, used, or they want to get vindictive, or make the person pay... usually women ...they like to frustrate the man when they notice he has found one young girl....
Alright, i now get it.
Re: Husband Filed For Devorce But The Wife Rejected It by Nobody: 3:07pm On Feb 28, 2023
[quote author=advanceDNA post=121323466]

... its when the other person refuses maybe because they feel cheated, used, or they want to get vindictive, or make the person pay... usually women ...they like to frustrate the man when they notice he has found one young girl....[/quot]
What about a case where the couple did not do court marriage only traditional and church wedding
Re: Husband Filed For Devorce But The Wife Rejected It by Nobody: 3:08pm On Feb 28, 2023
advanceDNA:

What about a case where the couple did not do court marriage only traditional and church wedding
Re: Husband Filed For Devorce But The Wife Rejected It by advanceDNA: 3:57pm On Feb 28, 2023
Nacoss25:

Traditional marriage na non-official aggreement in nigeria.....u can scatter it whenever u want and marry without being sued for bigamy.....
.however, that does mean u cannot be sued to court by ur wife if u just decide to leave her.....living with someone for a significant number of years is not joke....so the court can can make u pay her rent fot 2 years after separation and make u pay child support... which is usually 10-20k per child per month

The state gave authorization to church to conduct marriages...so th state can also dissolve church marriage..people dissolve their church marriage in court
Re: Husband Filed For Devorce But The Wife Rejected It by rickleye: 4:06pm On Feb 28, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Depends as a muslim he can marry 4 wives.
Re: Husband Filed For Devorce But The Wife Rejected It by PoliteActivist: 4:10pm On Feb 28, 2023
rickleye:

Depends as a muslim he can marry 4 wives.

As a moslem under sharia he doesn't need court for divorce, he doesn't need anybody to sign anything
Re: Husband Filed For Devorce But The Wife Rejected It by PoliteActivist: 4:16pm On Feb 28, 2023
advanceDNA:

The state gave authorization to church to conduct marriages...so its the state that can dissolve church marriage

This is not true. To be official, marriage must be conducted by a licensed person, and be registered with the state
Re: Husband Filed For Devorce But The Wife Rejected It by advanceDNA: 4:25pm On Feb 28, 2023
PoliteActivist:

This is not true. To be official, marriage must be conducted by a licensed person, and be registered with the state

Okay oooo...

So the church is not licenced by state??
U dont even know what u are saying... go to magistrate court and see people aying their husband for bigamy...and it was a church wedding with church certificate...
Re: Husband Filed For Devorce But The Wife Rejected It by PoliteActivist: 5:52pm On Feb 28, 2023
advanceDNA:

Okay oooo...

So the church is not licenced by state??
U dont even know what u are saying... go to magistrate court and see people aying their husband for bigamy...and it was a church wedding with church certificate...

Never said that. "Church" is too much of an encompassing word. You and your family can call yourselves church!
Re: Husband Filed For Devorce But The Wife Rejected It by advanceDNA: 6:03pm On Feb 28, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Never said that. "Church" is too much of an encompassing word. You and your family can call yourselves church!

Now u just are playing with words...chruch is church..redeem, living faith, Catholic....since when did church bcome u and your family in the context of marrying and issuung certificates recognized by law

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hookup Culture Among Hausa Fulani Girls Is Non Existent / I Am Not Proud Of Myself Because Of What I Am Into Now Due To Frustration / Guys Can You Date Or Marry A Lady That Is Older Than You???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.